Conquer Club

Live chat *test* games

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Live chat *test* games

Postby dakky21 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Tomorrow (or today), we are starting with the Live Chat Trivia. It will bring a lot of new people to the chat, so it might me a good time to organize some of the live chat mafia, as those people could join us in forum games as well.

Anyone can mod them and we can have some fun in the meantime till the big mafia event!

So what I am asking is - from tomorrow (in fact today, 31 AUG) and next 14 days, we should all hold at least one game in live chat per day, and try and encourage new players to join.

Setup - you make your own one or copy it from the wiki, if a newbie player is in, try to go with the simplest possible setup.

Streaker made some notes after that last chat game.... Joke votes are unnecessary and one vote per day seem like a good option. He will tell you other thoughts.
Captain dakky21

Re: Live chat *test* games

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Create a schedule so peopl can log in if their free. Just pick generic mix of usa and a few europe friendly times
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Will talk with streaker today to find times when we are all available. I guess it will be around 11-12CCT...
Captain dakky21

Postby Epitaph1 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:52 am

The game we tried on Friday was fun. It's a totally different game when you can't sit there an edit your posts to pick the right words.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:59 am

Epitaph1 wrote:The game we tried on Friday was fun. It's a totally different game when you can't sit there an edit your posts to pick the right words.

Oh right, so thats what you lot do. I just shoot from the hip unedited
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:45 am

Come to live chat each day around 11-12 CCT and we might play it. Streaker is absent during that time, but everyone can host.
Captain dakky21

Postby Streaker on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:51 am

I will be hosting a few live chat games every week, on a fixed schedule for now. It is the same time as we played last night, somewhere around 11 CC time. If you are available, pop up in the Live Chat rooms and come play a round. Expect it to last for about 20-40 minutes depending on number of players. I will start a game with 5 people, and go up to 9-10 for now.

If anyone has ideas about setup, or general tips for a live mafia, post them here or PM me. Any help is appreciated. For now I will keep using the micro setups available on mafiascum wiki.

See you later!
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:44 am

see, this sounds cool... mafia was HUGE on this site for the first few years i was on here... does anyone know why that died down or is it still raging on? this is actually a super cool idea for live chat...-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby aage on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:01 am

We're still playing but a lot of regulars left, fewer new people came in.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Epitaph1 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:28 pm

We're trying to build it back up by having regular games for both new players and more competitive "official" games that include prizes. A lot of credits should continuously be up for grabs if we can keep up the pace of 1 official game per month.

The live mafia games should be fun as well. The one we had last Friday was a good time. More people would be even better.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Return to Mafia Discussions