Conquer Club

Mafia idea

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia idea

Postby Streaker on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:02 am

Hey guys

Has anyone had any experience with something like a buy system mafia game? You'd have a number of points, currency, whatever, which can be used to 'buy' powers during the game.
Simple economics system: the stronger the power, the more expensive. Maybe add a random 'box' for a medium to high amount that gives a random power. Build a system maybe in which the currency can be earned (mafia lynched : x currency for all town players).

You can add a system to prevent everyone from taking a powerfull power (let's say a NK): if more then 1 player chooses this power in the same phase, nobody gets it.

Example:

-Inventor: (100 points - if more then 1 player takes this in the same phase nobody gets it).
-NK: (100 points - if more then 1 player takes this in the same phase nobody gets it).
-
-
-Watcher: (30 points) ->anyone can take this, and no limit to for a single phase.

Let me know what you think, and give me your remarks and ideas. I'd like to build this concept to a working open setup that I'll be hosting (nowhere soon yet).
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Re: Mafia idea

Postby rishaed on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:18 pm

I'd look up the Christmas Mafia, where we had gifters by PCM
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: Mafia idea

Postby aage on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:03 am

Yeah, pancake had a similar setup a long while back that allowed people to buy night powers.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Return to Mafia Discussions