Conquer Club

Mafia idea #2

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia idea #2

Postby dakky21 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Following streaker's idea, here goes mine:

RPG mafia
everyone has "health" of 100
everyone starts as vanilla town or mafia
everyone can chose his upgrade N1

majority vote for lynch = -50 health (so no insta kill D1)
night kill = -49 health (so no insta kill - so even if mafia chooses to kill the one who was lynched, leaves him with 1 health)

all have 50 magic points and +50 MP per night
all start with 100 XP points

All (alive) players would get 50 XP per day so the XP can be used for leveling up.

upgrades level 1:
Day 1
-regain health to the target +25 (50 magic) (25XP)
-block regaining health to target (25 magic) (15XP)
-check the target health (25 magic) (10XP)
-poison a target so he loses 50 health per night (100 magic) (50XP)
-make a decoy (so the attack goes to decoy, not to the player) (150 magic) (50XP)
-steal magic from a target (lose 25 magic, get all) (50XP)
-cure poison (10 magic) (10XP)
-limitless options possible

Day 2
-night kill lvl.2 target -75 health (80 magic) (50XP)
-poison lvl.2 target -75 per night (80 magic) (40XP)
-regain health lvl.2 target +50 health (80 magic) (50XP)

Day 3 all 100 magic and all 50 XP
-night kill lvl.3 -150 health (almost instant kill)
-cure poison lvl.3 - 3 targets
-check faction on one target lvl.1 but you can chose someone else and you both die in the conflict
-give all your health to someone and you die peacefully
-give all your magic to someone but you cant perform any actions

Day 4 all 150 magic and no XP irrelevant
-night kill lvl.4 - insta kill
-cure ALL players from poison
-all players to full magic (should be 200)
-invulnerability for yourself for the rest of the game (no lynch and no night kill)

Day 5,6,7,8...
normal mafia with the benefits of above.

I'm not going to host it, just wondering how many of you would play it.... and an idea for someone to host such a game..... Role playing game mafia could really work but it would be so hard to keep track.
Captain dakky21

Re: Mafia idea #2

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:00 am

How do town kill mafia if the lynch doesnt actually kill anyone.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:00 pm

You have health, you ever played Action RPG games like Diablo?

So you start with 100 health and various actions throughout the game make your health go down or up. Reaching zero health kills you. More health you have, less chance you'll end up dead.

For example:
D1 majority reached for a lynch - player A loses 50 health
N1 night kill on Player A - loses another 49 health and stays in the game with 1 health. Next lynch or night kill kills him, unless there are two doctors who give him health to get to 51 or more.
N1 players pick an upgrade from the list... all got 50 XP and you can choose what actions would you have ... spend the XP however you want or wait for the N2 to be able to select better powers.

So for an action to happen, you need to select it from a list (learn it) AND have enough magic points to use it. So let's say day one ends with no lynch. You don't select any skill. Night 2 you have 150XP and 100 magic points. Lynch someone and then "learn" the skill Night kill lvl 2 and you have a clean shot at the player lynched.

Trying to put it simple but it isn't simple so don't know how to explain it more. Go play some RPG game or read about it how it works then you might better understand what am I trying to accomplish....

See here about DiabloII skills: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/basics.shtml
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:05 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:How do town kill mafia if the lynch doesnt actually kill anyone.

I did not ask how Mafia kill a town who was mislynched. I asked how Town kill Mafia. Even if mafia gets lynched it takes two people to restore full health.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:34 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:How do town kill mafia if the lynch doesnt actually kill anyone.

I did not ask how Mafia kill a town who was mislynched. I asked how Town kill Mafia. Even if mafia gets lynched it takes two people to restore full health.

Well, that is something that needs to be worked out since I can't find a mafia setup formatted that way. Need to work on numbers.
Captain dakky21

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:55 pm

I LOVE RPGs ive spent thousands of hours on the diablo games,the elder scrolls series,WoW,dark souls,you name it so i like your theme here but i just dont see how you can crossover to an RPG unless players start earning EXP across multiple games.
Say you correctly lynch scum in game 1,you gain x amount of EXP and in game 2 you can "level up" and your character gains some additional power(ie:extra voting power,NK option,bulletproof)
Each game would get progressively more insane as players leveled up and by game 5/6 everyone would basically have created their own mafia "character".
Of course this wouldnt work without a dedicated mod and a group of 10 or so players willing to play a "set" of at least 5 games.
Writing it all out is making me wish it were possible because it sounds like fun to me but i doubt very many are willing to make a 5 game commitment.
Could go something like
Level 1 players are all vanilla
Level 2 players can either be RBers,double voters
Level 3 players can choose jailer/watcher
Level 4 players can choose cop,doc,vig
Level 5(max)players can choose any 2 powers from above.
Perhaps all players on the winning team get a level?
That way everyones level is known but their powers are not.
Levels would carry into being scum as well so you could be level 3 scum and choose from like busdriver/poisoner/role cop.
Idk here just throwing "RPG" ideas out there.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Engame, have you ever played DOTA? You level the character during the game itself. No need for separate games.

My only issue is that in a game where mafia can coordinate their actions, town are screwed if they dont have some advantage. The lynch clearly is not an advantage really.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:41 pm

I never played DOTA,it looks like warcraft when it was an RTS game back in the day. I really liked warcraft 3s battle.net games.
But im not seeing how you could level in a single game of mafia.
Each day?
Town lynch=level for scum players on the lynch?
Scum lynch=level for town players on the lynch?
Probably just spinning our wheels here but perhaps someone will be inspired.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Endgame422 wrote:I never played DOTA,it looks like warcraft when it was an RTS game back in the day. I really liked warcraft 3s battle.net games.
But im not seeing how you could level in a single game of mafia.
Each day?
Town lynch=level for scum players on the lynch?
Scum lynch=level for town players on the lynch?
Probably just spinning our wheels here but perhaps someone will be inspired.

Ooh now that makes sense. And certain town players give negative xp if nightkilled to slow mafia down!

Add xp for town players NOT on the mislynch!

Everyones vote suddenly becomes more potent.

Additional role: Doubler - Player doubles the amount of xp received by all who vote the same player at lynch. Double edged sword as it could help scum who mislynch.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Better be careful wing or we will have to make this happen.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Endgame422 wrote:Better be careful wing or we will have to make this happen.

:D I'm not against doing that.

As long as it takes dakky's "I dont like D1" logic out of the mechanics. D1 is important, even if very unfortunate for whoever gets mislynched.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 pm

I love your ideas but let's keep it one game only
So each day or night you can level up and "use" some of the xp and get another skill or upgrade it
I said magic points or mana because you can't cast 10 night kills at once - or you can if you got enough points

So two different variables which change after each day or night, and one of them is used for leveling up, the other to cast the "spell" - do the power action. If timed correctly you could do 10 night actions on one night... that's the point.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 am

Sounds like an interesting idea... the main change though is that the lynch has to be more powerful, or if you hit scum they will just heal each other and they'd never die.The lynch is really town's main power...
Major HotShot53

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 am

Then put a lynch take all health you have right away and you're fine.
Though that changes the very basic mechanics of the game, where I thought you could have more than 100 health if multiple doctors heal you.
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Endgame and I are working on something behind the scenes based upon the premise of players levelling throughout the game to become stronger. This may or may not become a game here in the future depending on how development goes.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:20 pm

So you like my idea! Woohoo!
Captain dakky21

Return to Mafia Discussions