Conquer Club

WoT: Memory of Light Mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

WoT: Memory of Light Mafia

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:35 pm

So after rereading just about every book in the WoT i have concluded that the only other one other that EotW (Which in the end was a stretch) that would make a decent game of mafia, would be the last book in the series. I haven't finalized the setup for this one, but have the basic idea and how i want the balance to be roughly in my head. As much as I'd like to make this a larger game I'm worried about inactivity so i'll set the player goal to roughly 20 people. The game should appear about mid-May to beginning of June for signups. As there is a much larger set of important characters in this one, I'll have wider pool to pull fake claims from.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: WoT: Memory of Light Mafia

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:34 pm

please have good flavor balance kthx. hate to have someone who knows the flavor, just break the game based off claims
Major StorrZerg

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:59 pm

StorrZerg wrote:please have good flavor balance kthx. hate to have someone who knows the flavor, just break the game based off claims

It will have much better flavor balance than last game. The problem with EotW was that I didn't have enough good fake claims to make a decent size while keeping essential characters. Its also why signup will start over a month in the future.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:29 pm

just don't have character = alignment

can just have 18 good characters, then random which ever amount to be evil. then add a second flavor to them. bam easy
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:00 am

rishaed wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:please have good flavor balance kthx. hate to have someone who knows the flavor, just break the game based off claims

It will have much better flavor balance than last game. The problem with EotW was that I didn't have enough good fake claims to make a decent size while keeping essential characters. Its also why signup will start over a month in the future.

Wasnt just that. You gave us fake claims, but I didnt know how they fitted the overall puzzle and Aage did. Its almost impossible to bullshit your way through an argument whilst entirely unsure exactly what it is youve claimed to have done.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:43 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Wasnt just that. You gave us fake claims, but I didnt know how they fitted the overall puzzle and Aage did. Its almost impossible to bullshit your way through an argument whilst entirely unsure exactly what it is youve claimed to have done.

Point taken. I'll make sure to include a short bio relative to the flavor in the PM's if you have a fake claim. Thanks for the critique

Postby dakky21 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Can this be played if you (me) don't know anything about the story?
Captain dakky21

Postby rishaed on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:30 pm

dakky21 wrote:Can this be played if you (me) don't know anything about the story?

As a mod I will provide enough flavor in the role to allow you to have a glimpse of the story, however the ways of catching scum will still be the same. The stronger fake claims and larger character pool should make it almost impossible to just bust the setup from a mass claim. However to allow me enough time to properly manage and make the setup, I repeat that this game will begin no earlier than mid-may to early june.

Postby rishaed on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:54 am

So Small Update: This has been delayed b/c i've been to busy all summer to fine tune it. Still have the general concept, but i have to narrow some stuff down for myself. Not sure when I'm going to start this one up, but it will eventually come out. (probably as my next game)

Return to Mafia Discussions