Conquer Club

Mafia Ideas

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia Ideas

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:05 pm

I have an idea for a Mafia-RT Risk Hybrid and I would like to hear what you guys think about it. It could be used for RT Mafia games to add some variety.

Wild West Game

7 players (Sheriff(Cop), Doc(Doc :lol: ), 4 Cowboys(Townie) and 1 Desperado(SK))

No votes. No Lynching. Instead:

Each Day every player has the right to chalange one player to a duel or to forfiet (publicly) that right. The chalanged player must accept.

Duels are played via RT 1 on 1 games of risk. Map and the rules are specified by the player who is being chalanged (Except World 2.0 :wink: ). The player who loses the match is dead and his role is revealed.

Each Night, Desperado gets to make 1 Night kill.

What do you guys think?

Also, if you have an idea for a variation of rules, roles etc., feel free to post them here. I'll put links to the page on which your idea is in the 1st post.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Russianfire8371 on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:07 pm

oh wow...that sounds amazing

One thing though, if a person dies for every loss, itll be a quick game. How about 2 strikes and your out?
Corporal Russianfire8371

Postby nagerous on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:08 pm

I was thinking about this idea the other night and it might work as an experiment.
Captain nagerous

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:08 pm

Hmmm, but then wouldn't everyone challenge someone that day? It would be over before it began... 7 Players means three people dead the first day.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:15 pm

As I said, it is ment for quick, possibly RT games. As for everybody chalenging everybody, it would capture that The Fast & The Dead atmosphere of the westerns.

Also, SK would win only when he is the LAST man standing. SK and 1 Cowboy alive would still mean a duel.

Hell, we could make a Wild West Mafia ranking system :D using CC's point system (everybody starts at 1000 etc.)

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby NESconqueror on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:16 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:As I said, it is ment for quick, possibly RT games. As for everybody chalenging everybody, it would capture that The Fast & The Dead atmosphere of the westerns.

Also, SK would win only when he is the LAST man standing. SK and 1 Cowboy alive would still mean a duel.

Hell, we could make a Wild West Mafia ranking system :D using CC's point system (everybody starts at 1000 etc.)

Count me in partner. :)
I'm back after an all too long hiatus.
Real life sure knows how to intervene.
Private 1st Class NESconqueror

Postby Fircoal on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:14 pm

I don't know, I'll have to re-read it. though you know if it does happen it'll be the second mafia risk game to ever happen. ;)
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Iliad on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:59 am

Cool idea.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby kalishnikov on Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Thats a really cool idea mandalorian, only problem I could see is one of those "1v1's from hell' that take hours to complete could really slow things down. Just make your games a setup that will be sure to eliminate that and it sounds awesome.
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:52 am

kalishnikov wrote:Thats a really cool idea mandalorian, only problem I could see is one of those "1v1's from hell' that take hours to complete could really slow things down. Just make your games a setup that will be sure to eliminate that and it sounds awesome.

All Duels could be played on Doodly Earth. :D They will take 2 minutes per game.

Postby Iliad on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:15 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:
kalishnikov wrote:Thats a really cool idea mandalorian, only problem I could see is one of those "1v1's from hell' that take hours to complete could really slow things down. Just make your games a setup that will be sure to eliminate that and it sounds awesome.

All Duels could be played on Doodly Earth. :D They will take 2 minutes per game.
The games don't have to be speed right? Because some of us are freemies
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby kwanton on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:15 am

What if the same person is challenged by two people? Or if a challenger is challenged by someone else?

Oh and I'm in. This sounds fun.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Iliad wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

And some of us are on dial up and have lost speed game despite the fact that they have by all rights won it TWICE!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bloody speed games! :evil: *kicks speed game* :twisted:

It don't have to be anything. Will someone *khmFircoalcough* mod a RT like this, I am realy curius if it will work. :D

Postby Fircoal on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:26 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:
Iliad wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

And some of us are on dial up and have lost speed game despite the fact that they have by all rights won it TWICE!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bloody speed games! :evil: *kicks speed game* :twisted:

It don't have to be anything. Will someone *khmFircoalcough* mod a RT like this, I am realy curius if it will work. :D

lolz, I don't know. For my next RT mafia game, I might want to make it normal.

idk
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Hitman079 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:54 pm

maybe the map should be the smallest one/the shortest one...or maybe there could be a time limit for these games (maybe equal to a mafia day/night) and if the game is still not won, the victor is decided by which person has more territories or seems to be in a better strategic position in the game than his opponent?
Cook Hitman079

Postby CrabNebula on Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:40 am

Team Mafia anyone? I don't know if this has been done/thought of already. This is not my idea, I took it from someone else on a diff. board.

4 sides, 5 people per side. Out of 5, 1 is leader, 1 is Investigator, 1 is Bodyguard and rest 2 are normal mafia. Leader decides whom to kill, Investigator knows who are his team members and gets to investigate one person every alternating night. However on investigation role isn't revealed only the team to which that person belongs is. Bodyguard DOESN'T know who his team members and gets to protect 1 person each night. Kills follow order, that is, each night one team gets to kill. When leader is dead, the investigator and the other two remaining members (excluding bodyguard) must PM their votes to the Mod on whom to kill. Lynching is normal way. Last remaining team wins.
Sergeant 1st Class CrabNebula

Return to Mafia Discussions