Conquer Club

The Tick Mafia - JUSTICE PREVAILS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Tick Mafia - D1

Postby strike wolf on Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:16 am

We also don't know how Degaston mods. How important he would consider any power role important. It's something but not definitive.

Then we have son!C talking like a mad scientist. I don't know what to make of that as if he's Professor Chromedome, I wouldn't expect him to lean so much into the talking patterns. But also he's not really wrong that scum do tend to be more cautious about how and when they comment on the game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:26 am

Razorvich wrote:
Ragian wrote:
Razorvich wrote:Im going to hold my vote for now

Would like to hear a bit more from Ragian and especialy pepe....

Both you guys are making my spidey sense tingle

Hear a bit more what? Do you not think we're participating enough?

2 points on ragian and pepe

Ragian... called me out being a grammer nazi .. yeah i saw that
I also saw what you did in the prison mafia mate... NO way i will trust anything you say

PEPE... a late addition, AFTER the MOD said that if we don't get a final confirmation.. things may have to be changed.
This to me says that a SPECIAL character did not accept his invitation .. you joined... and that that makes you scum mate.

mark my words here... these 2 are not to be trusted

You want to hear more from me, but you don't trust a single word I say. Alright, Captain Contradiction, what do you want me to say, then? You didn't answer that. Does it matter what I say since you don't trust me in this game based on you don't knowing your mother tongue? :D

Another point here is that, and this is very important, you're not playing the game. Instead you're playing the mod. Max too. Instead of looking at what you think the mod has kept for last - without being able to know, of course - why don't you put your words where your mouth is (eh...) and tell me what you want me. Let's talk. Let's scumhunt. Don't hide behind what you think the mod is doing.
Captain Ragian

Postby Darin44 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:24 am

SoN!c wrote:
Darin44 wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Darin44 wrote:I'm going to read this and get back it

:evil:

I hate these posts. Just read it first before posting.

I was afraid to post anything. because it don't matter what I someone will thank its scummy

Afraid to post anything in a "The Tick" role playing game? Oh dear.. who are you then?

The world of the Tick is good fun: the Tick himself and his perplexed sidekick Arthur (he's a moth, not a bunny, by the way) face off against some really weird and highly mockable villains like the Man-Eating Cow. Man-Eating Cow can consume humans with alarming speed by the way.

And 95% of the Tick characters has Mental Health issues like pseudobulbar affect but i don't know any Tick character that has ATPA "afraid to post anything" syndrome?

Im still analysing your last sentence tho "because it don't matter what I someone will thank its scummy".. You left out the verb "do" or "say" and said "thank" instead of Think..

"Thank the scummy??" Very fishy

Only one conclusion possible: this sentence is code for:

Because it don't matter what I AM someone will thank me im a scummy

And this is where it starts every mafia game I've played thats all it take so I miss spelled a word you are lucky I even right anything, It hard for me to spell anything I have to think real hard to do so
Captain Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby SoN!c on Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:50 am

Darin44 wrote:
SoN!c wrote:
Darin44 wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

I was afraid to post anything. because it don't matter what I someone will thank its scummy

Afraid to post anything in a "The Tick" role playing game? Oh dear.. who are you then?

The world of the Tick is good fun: the Tick himself and his perplexed sidekick Arthur (he's a moth, not a bunny, by the way) face off against some really weird and highly mockable villains like the Man-Eating Cow. Man-Eating Cow can consume humans with alarming speed by the way.

And 95% of the Tick characters has Mental Health issues like pseudobulbar affect but i don't know any Tick character that has ATPA "afraid to post anything" syndrome?

Im still analysing your last sentence tho "because it don't matter what I someone will thank its scummy".. You left out the verb "do" or "say" and said "thank" instead of Think..

And this is where it starts every mafia game I've played thats all it take so I miss spelled a word you are lucky I even right anything, It hard for me to spell anything I have to think real hard to do so

Oh dear, why didn"t you say so! Well, you passed the lie detector without even a glitch! Im with you now!
Colonel SoN!c

Postby swang918 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:04 pm

Darin44 wrote:
SoN!c wrote:
Darin44 wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

I just thought it was a drunken fat finger thing since it was posted at 11:40pm on a Saturday...but then I guess I don't know what time zones everyone is in
Major swang918

Postby DukeHazzard on Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:23 pm

strike wolf wrote:
DukeHazzard wrote:It's barely day one.. We know nothing. I don't get why some are against making Pix claim even if it is a joke train. Someone said the reason to make someone claim is to see how people vote. Not about the info that is given in the claim. So why the hesitation? I don't understand why we have people voting singles when Pix is at 5. I don't follow the logic. In the last game, we kept getting stalled for the same reason. No one would back anyone else's play. So we just fumble in the dark instead of getting anywhere. Everyone is scared of looking scummy. Why is it scummy to force a claim when we really have no information? Even if it is a joke train. I'm riding the train. I feel like we need some kind of direction. This is the only real direction at the moment. Pix doesn't even seem to mind, so let's hear what he has to say. Vote Pixar

Because joke wagons that turn into the case because they have the most votes don't turn into good wagons to analyze later on. It's pretty easy for scum to blend in to a wagon when the sole reasoning is "I votes him because he has the most votes".

Here's a thought experiment. Before piling on more votes to the Pix train, everyone tell us who of those voting pix is most scummy and why. If you can do this and have a legitimate reason why you feel they are the most scummy then I guess I don't have a good argument against this bandwagon.

I see where you're coming from. While voting on a joke wagon might not reveal the best information, I still hold that everyone voting singles also gets us no info. And at some point, if one of those singles takes off, you will still have people jumping on the wagon at some point. I maintain that some info is better than no info. My vote will hold for now.
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby Darin44 on Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:53 pm

I would like to vote but I don't want to jump on a bandwagon. just to get a claim from Pixar but maybe I will we just need more info
Captain Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby degaston on Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:00 pm

Vote Count:
    *Pixar* : 7 (Charle, DukeHazzard, fusibaseball, General Bax, Maxleod, PepeAtila, SoN!c)
    General Bax : 1 (Extreme Ways)
    Razorvich : 1 (*Pixar*)
    strike wolf : 1 (drake_259)
    TrafalgarLaw01 : 1 (swang918)
    No Lynch : 1 (DirtyDishSoap)
Brigadier degaston

Postby Loose Canon on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:08 am

Bumbling is hardly the word to our hard working men and women in the super hero profession my friend. We fight to keep out the villains and the rotten, stinking underbelly of injustice!
Iliad wrote:
The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

I'm not really sure how you guys get a previous players quotes into your posts - I guess that makes me bumbling - or maybe just tired - but Strike Wolf jumping into the persona of a superhero - makes him more likely to be a bonafide superhero than not in my book for now.
I just think players have a tendency to want to jump into the persona they have been given.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:25 am

Morning!

Why are you afraid of work, my friend? :-s

The above early post by Ragian makes me a little bit suspicious of Ragian. Humorous light digs early on when there is nothing really to go on - makes me think this might be the kind of psychology someone getting into the mindset of a dastardly supervillain. I know Ragian has been humorous since too, and so for that reason I'd like to keep him around. But with so little to go on, I do want to throw a bit of shade on Ragian.
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:52 am

Pixar the studios taking over the world of The Tick might be a sort of joke by Degaston so I might change my vote to Pixar.

But for now I want to see if there is any traction for voting Ragian - for the reasoning of my previous post.

So Vote Ragian
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:20 pm

Hard to follow without the use of quotes. (Quote button next your name).

Think a light hearted jab is hardly qualifying for a scum tell, surely?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:27 am

Ok thanks DDS - will see if I can use the quote feature next time I want to quote.

Was just saying that on reviewing posts so far Strike Wolf marginally more likely than average to be a Hero
Ragian and Pixar marginally more likely than average to be Villains

Mainly wanted to see if I could get Day 1 reactions - Pixar seems to have gone silent making me wonder if he thought he was too vocal early on - but to be fair so does just about everyone.

Maybe I'll get a night time reaction.
Major Loose Canon

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:36 pm

Joke stage is still going on. I think it's funny that 7 of you at one point want me dead already :lol:
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:28 pm

I think if Pix was scum he would've responded differently. The only thing I'm slightly on the fence about is his own mention about getting a claim out of him.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:37 pm

strike wolf wrote:Bumbling is hardly the word to our hard working men and women in the super hero profession my friend. We fight to keep out the villains and the rotten, stinking underbelly of injustice!

How about we try something different?
Which other player do each of us think is less likely to be a villain?
As I've said before my instinct is that the above posting by Strike Wolf makes me think he is less likely to be a villain. It struck me as authentic.

Would any of you care to name a player who you think is less likely than average to be a villain and why?
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:44 pm

I'd say Strike is town. He had no reason to defend me other than to point out how i played in the past, likewise, he retracted his vote on Reagen after some info.

Think Extreme is town based on his way of scum hunting. I agree Auth him that someone that just votes with 0 explanation is pretty scummy.

Duke is a maybe? He's been pretty consistent on how he plays.

Pixar wants the votes? Not sure why he would even want to role reveal, and I'm wholly against it. I can't say that i find him innocent though.

Loose playing lowball detective so that's town.

Others, other than Bax, have no strong reads though, so can't say for certain.

This is all conjecture though.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby DukeHazzard on Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:18 pm

*Pixar* wrote:Joke stage is still going on. I think it's funny that 7 of you at one point want me dead already :lol:

I'm pretty sure I said twice that I just want to get a claim outta you...

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:06 pm

Egads, you all! What kind of superhero group are you sowing mistrust amongst yourself? Cant we all agree just to laugh at large clowns instead? Well, I suppose if we must burn the cellar to smoke out the rats, I shall do my part!

I'm most suspicious of those who jumped on the Pix wagon after the third vote. Of those, I guess Bax is the most suspicious for popping in and not even giving a reason or saying anything else and Duke the least for his activity levels and at least defending his reasons.

Most of you are still pretty neutral. Extreme so far reads the same as he did in Elementary mafia where he was town but that's also my only experience with him and he seems like clever town which means he could also be clever scum. Town read for now

DDS-Still neutral. He's behaved within what I remember of his meta but haven't gotten much of an impression of him beyond that.

Darin-I don't like that he's already acting a bit defensive but beyond that no strong read.

The rest of you, I would probably need to read back through.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:53 am

strike wolf wrote:I'm most suspicious of those who jumped on the Pix wagon after the third vote. Of those, I guess Bax is the most suspicious for popping in and not even giving a reason or saying anything else and Duke the least for his activity levels and at least defending his reasons.

Most of you are still pretty neutral. Extreme so far reads the same as he did in Elementary mafia where he was town but that's also my only experience with him and he seems like clever town which means he could also be clever scum. Town read for now

DDS-Still neutral. He's behaved within what I remember of his meta but haven't gotten much of an impression of him beyond that.

Darin-I don't like that he's already acting a bit defensive but beyond that no strong read.

The rest of you, I would probably need to read back through.

I feel similarly scared about you :lol:

Pointing out DDS's way of playing is an easy way to get town point without conceding anything, but it does make me feel good about you - again.

Bax is most scummy to me for indeed voting without explanation or without other post. Then again, IIRC it's not that different compared to his town games.
Fusi I'm on the fence about.
Loose - reads town

Most others I have no particularly strong opinion about.

Egads, you all! What kind of superhero group are you sowing mistrust amongst yourself? Cant we all agree just to laugh at large clowns instead? Well, I suppose if we must burn the cellar to smoke out the rats, I shall do my part!

I'm not sure if I should read a clue in this, but my detective skills are failing me.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:55 am

strike wolf wrote:Egads, you all! What kind of superhero group are you sowing mistrust amongst yourself? Cant we all agree just to laugh at large clowns instead? Well, I suppose if we must burn the cellar to smoke out the rats, I shall do my part!

THIS GUY IS AN ARSONIST! HELP!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby *Pixar* on Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:06 am

DukeHazzard wrote:
*Pixar* wrote:Joke stage is still going on. I think it's funny that 7 of you at one point want me dead already :lol:

You want a role reveal in order to help decide your night killing DUKE? :o
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ragian on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:47 am

As mentioned earlier, Bax's vote looks bad. He hasn't even said anything after that.

re: Darin, he usually goes in defensive mode when receiving pressure. I read that as town (based on a few games only, though).

Has traffic, Charle, and drake said anything?
Captain Ragian

Postby DukeHazzard on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:49 am

*Pixar* wrote:
DukeHazzard wrote:

You want a role reveal in order to help decide your night killing DUKE? :o

lol, cute

I gave my reasons for wanting a claim out of you. And not particularly you as much as just wanting a claim to get this game started.

Postby Darin44 on Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:45 am

I just want a claim

Vote Pixar
Captain Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives