Conquer Club

Memebase Mafia Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Memebase Mafia [11/31] Day 7 - You Can't Explain That

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Oh and strike, here was my not-so-subtle message for you to hammer after I voted for the last townie.

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:If he doesn't respond sometime Tuesday, I'll vote for him.

And then we, the wolves of the revolution, will strike and hammer the final blow for equality and freedom.

-Tails

@pcm--

I thought the game was excellently done. Great ideas and execution. Unfortunately, as with pretty much all large games like this, it suffered from inactivity and such (including myself). I also wished Commander had stuck with you, too.

I had lots of fun with it, though.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Re: Memebase Mafia Game Over!

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Wow. Didnt even realize this game went on for over a year. Thats an achievement within itself. This game was ongoing when I joined the forum
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Bwahahahahhahahaha. For the record my role was like the Anti-Priest. I could only vote to hammer, though I didn't as I didn't want to explain why I hammered someone. :twisted: I think the game was balanced (though there were quite a few third parties) however the inactivity really hurt town makingan it easy for most mafia to not do much towards the end of the game. day 2 really doomed town in a lot of ways as I was paired with Edoc learning he was bulletproof and thus avoiding him. And I think it was / was paired with Nag revealing that nag was the redirecter. THen Night 2 really screwed over town with everyone visiting Mr. PGO and only the wild card mafia role dying.

Recognition. I think Chap really matured through the course of this game. He was playing a bit loose mainly as we figured if he was doomed to a lynch he would just blow himself up with a townie but through the course I feel his actions improved.

I have to say the voteless townie claim wasn't the most convenient for a mafia but hell it worked out I guess.

@tails: I saw it but wanted to hang on in case there was some kind of weird deal where the game didn't end with Zimmah's lynch (I had that happen once in Dead Space Mafia and only survived due to pure luck).
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:16 pm

I must say, the scenes for this game were wholly entertaining! And I agree with strike, chap did a great job. He would be the one person I'd guess to be town.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby zimmah on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:19 pm

lol what, i was jailkeeper?

i thought i was VT.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:23 pm

zimmah wrote:lol what, i was jailkeeper?

i thought i was VT.

I figured as much.

MoB Deadly wrote:Wow. Didnt even realize this game went on for over a year. Thats an achievement within itself. This game was ongoing when I joined the forum

7 months. June 11th was the post date.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Challenge Accepted!!

Great game. Loved it. Loved it. I think it was set up greatly and I agree with strike about the balance. A lot of stuff went poorly for the town early on. And then there were lynched that were made easy for mafia to survive, like VS's recruiting role. That was a free day for the mafia basically.

Thanks for the recognition strike. I do think I got a lot better throughout this game. I hope that reflects in my other games as well.

I love that our mafia chat is available for everyone as well. :lol: That reminds me, sorry MoB!! :lol:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Wait, hold on a minute. Did only one mafia member die? Was I the only one that got a mafia member lynched? Lol!

-Sully

EDIT: Oopsie, forgot skillfusniper. Still!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Wait, hold on a minute. Did only one mafia member die? Was I the only one that got a mafia member lynched? Lol!

-Sully

EDIT?!? Challenge Accepted!

I call for a modkill!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Holy crap! That's a lotta mafia!

Oh, and you're welcome, edocsil ;)

-Sully

Cheers, that would have been way harder if I had to care about who I had to lynch lol.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:18 pm

pancakemix wrote:
zimmah wrote:lol what, i was jailkeeper?

i thought i was VT.

I figured as much.

MoB Deadly wrote:Wow. Didnt even realize this game went on for over a year. Thats an achievement within itself. This game was ongoing when I joined the forum

7 months. June 11th was the post date.

And I thought Omega Sector was long.

This is CC mafia history, isn't it?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Duno there have been some long ones, would have to check. Not the longest thread for sure.
Edoc'sil

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

edocsil wrote:Duno there have been some long ones, would have to check. Not the longest thread for sure.

I don't think you can beat Omega Sector for length. The three threads had about 150 pages combined.

Yes. 3 threads. The ancient games were awesome....
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:23 pm

everywhere116 wrote:
edocsil wrote:Duno there have been some long ones, would have to check. Not the longest thread for sure.

I don't think you can beat Omega Sector for length. The three threads had about 150 pages combined.

Yes. 3 threads. The ancient games were awesome....

Yeah briarsburg was 130 but that was only 3 months.
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 pm

This was a marathon game. On the other hand the last big game was a marathon performed on speed. New Briarsburg was more pages and shorter...though that's an unfair comparison.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby skillfusniper33 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Wait, hold on a minute. Did only one mafia member die? Was I the only one that got a mafia member lynched? Lol!

-Sully

How could you forget me... The insanity wolf. I also should have known there was something up with my role, especially with the meme.

Great game PCM and C9, sure was fun. I stayed up with the thread all the way though wanting to see how everything turned out.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Rodion on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Good game! I had fun while it lasted for me. I also enjoyed most scenes! The paranoid parrot sequence was hilarious! :lol:
General Rodion

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Update page 1!
Corporal everywhere116

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Rodion wrote:Good game! I had fun while it lasted for me. I also enjoyed most scenes! The paranoid parrot sequence was hilarious! :lol:
I concur that the night 2 massacre was one of the funniest things I have seen in a mafia game. Relatedly I apologist to the town for my part in that fiasco. As a voteless Flavor Cop in a game where, at the time I didn't see flavor having
a strong connection to who was mafia, I figured that my potential death was worth the risk in order to check icedagger's claim. To that end I informed my Omegle partner Sheep of my plans so that someone might know what it meant if I died. (Though I don't think he ever even opened that pm.) I didn't count of Newguy joining that conga-line of death. Also it turned out that my role would have been more useful than I thought...
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:54 pm

hehe, that was my first game ever. but i remember thinking that i could risk myself to investigate him :P i also remember the first response to the fiasco was "wtf?" :D:D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby / on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:20 pm

That was great! I'm glad I wasn't replaced, now it's time to take that break before I'm stuck with some kind of typing tic, ME GUSTA

That thing with the pgo was lucky, I can't imagine the game could have survived many more days. I suppose large games suffer from players not thinking they need to be the ones to get things done. Something akin to "The Bystander Effect"? My last large game also badly needed replacements, and ended in town's complete loss.
I suppose stricter deadlines may be needed even during times of activity?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:19 am

Man, I honestly did everything I could. It's not often a JOAT gets to use all his powers before he is killed. Oh well, good win mafia, WIFOMing the PR's was nothing but trouble.
Captain safariguy5

Postby drake_259 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 am

MoB Deadly wrote:
Drake wrote:i personally would like to kill TFO and block MOB, bit unfair MOB having to read all those pages and not even get a day lol

:lol: :lol: <3

Well i am a nice scum after all :P
Corporal drake_259

Postby Leehar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 am

Sheesh, I thought the mafia did pretty well all things considered, I was always worried about mislynches, but it was way too hard to pick on a mafia when they had so many defenders!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:05 am

Wonder if an extremely long list of actions & Role PMs will be posted :?

Well modded and well played all
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives