Conquer Club

The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Wolves win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Day 1

Postby Charle on Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:39 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Confirmed

Vote Strike. I hate teachers and just look at his name! LOOK AT IT!

Lynch votes must me in bold red, so I guess this one is a joke?

This vagabond is still on leave, maybe a good time to go pass Loose's Bar for a while :)
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Ragian on Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:50 am

How would you pay? Are you a rich vagabond? If you are, there are ways to sway me should a house be unoccupied :P
Captain Ragian

Postby SoN!c on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:53 am

Charle wrote:

This vagabond is still on leave, maybe a good time to go pass Loose's Bar for a while :)

Yes it's a joke but a good one. DDS for sheriff i'd say!

Vote DDS
Colonel SoN!c

Postby Ewebasher on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:54 am

Another Noddy question but when does the 48 hours start/finish for Schoolmarm & Barkeep? (conscious that not everyone has been on to confirm roles so I'm guessing not yet?)
Major Ewebasher

Postby Charle on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:59 am

Ragian wrote:How would you pay? Are you a rich vagabond? If you are, there are ways to sway me should a house be unoccupied :P

LOL, no need to pay if you have a good personality :) Depending on which house becomes available we can start negotiating :D
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Charle on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:12 am

I really laughed when Strike received the role as Schoolmarm.
According to Cambridge Dictionary: "A formal and severe woman .... who likes to control other people and is easily shocked!"

Strike, you should change your Avatar! :D :lol: :lol:
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Ragian on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:51 am

Captain Ragian

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:18 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Do farmers have to have a sheriff today or can we choose not to vote? I think gambling on someone who might be scum having a double vote power would be disastrous.

Statistically way more likely to choose a townie.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:32 am

Ewebasher wrote:Another Noddy question but when does the 48 hours start/finish for Schoolmarm & Barkeep? (conscious that not everyone has been on to confirm roles so I'm guessing not yet?)

Excellent Question
Since today its D1 and I was waiting confirmations 48 hrs will start now for the Schoolmarm and the Barkeep. The Barkeep cant vote no Lych either in order to keep his inmunity
Next days will be 48hrs from after day actually starts.

17 players have commented and confirmed. Tryinf to contact the last one or might look for a back up
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:01 am

@Traf: If I select the Barkeep with my ability, would they still be subjected to punishment for not voting?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:02 am

strike wolf wrote:@Traf: If I select the Barkeep with my ability, would they still be subjected to punishment for not voting?

No, in that case he is not taken away his inmunity as it was not his decision not to vote
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:53 pm

As things stand I am happy to vote for anyone D1 except for Swang.
Don't want any left overs from the Tick game plus I reckon he might be a demon barber.

Talking of left overs you have all been leaving slops in your glasses which I will gladly recycle to you so many thanks.
But nobody has sampled my pork scratchings yet.
They come from a very reputable company - Three Little Piggies BVI Ltd.
As it is in offshore supplier I have no idea who the Directors are.
But at least we know where all the British Virgins are now.

Going back to my vote - I really hope you elect a sherriff soon.
As I'd love to add I Shot the Sherriff to my jukebox.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:11 pm

SoN!c wrote:
Charle wrote:

Yes it's a joke but a good one. DDS for sheriff i'd say!

Vote DDS

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Maxleod on Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:05 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:Do farmers have to have a sheriff today or can we choose not to vote? I think gambling on someone who might be scum having a double vote power would be disastrous.

Yeah, and being an experienced player, DDS should know that. It was a dumb question. DDS is playing dumb. FOS DDS.

Actually,

Vote DDS
Lieutenant Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby SoN!c on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:15 pm

Loose Canon wrote:As things stand I am happy to vote for anyone D1 except for Swang.
Don't want any left overs from the Tick game plus I reckon he might be a demon barber.

Talking of left overs you have all been leaving slops in your glasses which I will gladly recycle to you so many thanks.
But nobody has sampled my pork scratchings yet.
They come from a very reputable company - Three Little Piggies BVI Ltd.
As it is in offshore supplier I have no idea who the Directors are.
But at least we know where all the British Virgins are now.

Going back to my vote - I really hope you elect a sherriff soon.
As I'd love to add I Shot the Sherriff to my jukebox.

You should not open so many bags of bacon flavoured pork scratchings.. it will attract Schoolmarm Wolfie

Colonel SoN!c

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:27 pm

Maxleod wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

Yeah, and being an experienced player, DDS should know that. It was a dumb question. DDS is playing dumb. FOS DDS.

Actually,

Vote DDS

How is that a dumb question?! You're dumb! And your nose is dumb! Sniff that!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Ragian on Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:29 pm

Maxleod wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

Actually,

Vote DDS

Wow...that's one hell of an overreaction. But hey, fits the M.O. I'm chalking Max up as town as of now :D
Captain Ragian

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:26 pm

Having discussed whether to vote no lynch or not previously with DDS, I think it's true to character too for dds
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Votanic on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:47 pm

Ragian wrote:
Maxleod wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

Actually,

Vote DDS

Wow...that's one hell of an overreaction. But hey, fits the M.O. I'm chalking Max up as town as of now :D

@ TRaf, I think DDS is asking if a vote of 'No Sheriff' is even allowed?

So, while the question isn't that 'dumb', His reasoning that the Sheriff might be a werewolf' is a bit scummy, though he now seems fine with being sheriff himself...
Let's be clear, a properly functioning, non-lycanthropic Sheriff is a boon to town. Having one extra vote won't be that important at first, but it will become more so later in the game.

But of course, the School Marm could give the Sheriff detention, and then 'she' would be able to take away three votes.

In any case, at this point, I will treat Max's very early vote as only a necessary pot-stirring to warm the game-sauce.

Yes, I am still thinking of which of the visible power roles most needs to confess his/her soul.
Of course, who knows where the secret power roles may lurk beneath the surface.
The School Marm or the Sheriff both seem to be likely candidates.
No point confessing myself since the confessions get reported through me anyway... but fortunately, I am truly Town.
The Barber is also a powerful role, but one that is high-risk to play... I imagine his blade won't be employed until later in the game.

The Barkeep is a strange role that is even more high-risk. Basically whoever he votes for might receive some degree of soft-immunity because if that player is then lynched the barkeeper also dies... How much the town will care about losing virtual ale and nibbles is questionable... though conversely, a vagabond desperate for the job benefits might even plot for the position.

This reminds me, I went into the Pub earlier... only to pass out religious tracts advocating temperence, of course.
I did take the liberty of sampling the pork scratchings, and I must say, unkindly though it may be, that they taste like somebody's dead grandmother.
Captain Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:36 pm

Votanic wrote:@ TRaf, I think DDS is asking if a vote of 'No Sheriff' is even allowed?

So, while the question isn't that 'dumb', His reasoning that the Sheriff might be a werewolf' is a bit scummy, though he now seems fine with being sheriff himself...
Let's be clear, a properly functioning, non-lycanthropic Sheriff is a boon to town. Having one extra vote won't be that important at first, but it will become more so later in the game.

But of course, the School Marm could give the Sheriff detention, and then 'she' would be able to take away three votes.

In any case, at this point, I will treat Max's very early vote as only a necessary pot-stirring to warm the game-sauce.

Yes, I am still thinking of which of the visible power roles most needs to confess his/her soul.
Of course, who knows where the secret power roles may lurk beneath the surface.
The School Marm or the Sheriff both seem to be likely candidates.
No point confessing myself since the confessions get reported through me anyway... but fortunately, I am truly Town.
The Barber is also a powerful role, but one that is high-risk to play... I imagine his blade won't be employed until later in the game.

The Barkeep is a strange role that is even more high-risk. Basically whoever he votes for might receive some degree of soft-immunity because if that player is then lynched the barkeeper also dies... How much the town will care about losing virtual ale and nibbles is questionable... though conversely, a vagabond desperate for the job benefits might even plot for the position.

This reminds me, I went into the Pub earlier... only to pass out religious tracts advocating temperence, of course.
I did take the liberty of sampling the pork scratchings, and I must say, unkindly though it may be, that they taste like somebody's dead grandmother.

Voting no Sherif its not allowed. Sheriff must be chosen today. Sherif votes cant be unvoted so if no other farmer votes today DDS will be Sheriff

On more thing I bolded in your comment. If the Barkeep votes for someone who is lynched he just loses his inmunity. meaning can be devoured by wolves at night or lynched at day. but he does not die inmediatelly if the player he votes is lynched.
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Devante on Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:42 pm

Seems there's already a lot going on and this village already has people starting to reach for each other's throats. This Lords anxiety is already rising trying to follow along. So, village folks, what needs to be done today. Do we just need the farmers to pick a sheriff? Or is there anything else we need to decide on? I'll mosey over to the bar and wait for the farmers to make a decision and await
Major Devante

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:48 pm

Well, that satisfies my question.

Vote Pixar.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Votanic on Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:59 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Well, that satisfies my question.

Vote Pixar.

Vote DDS.
You're right, this is so much fun...
Captain Votanic

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 pm

Get out of here, rainbow brigade! Someone day kill this idiot!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:44 pm

I'm pretty sure he was voting in green to proclaim he was advocating Pixar for Sheriff.

I'm thinking about it and I don't have much motivation yet to block anyone from voting. I could block our barkeep to preserve his power which would be pretty useful to us as long as hes town. Though his ability would be pretty broken for a werewolf. After that, I don't really have anyone that sticks out to me.

As far as sheriff, I think I've already stated that Pixar and DDs make the most sense for Sheriff. Of the two, I think DDS is the one I would trust most if he's Town. I don't really read anything particularly scummy in him questioning aloud at the chance of a werewolf becoming Sheriff.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives