Conquer Club

Muppet Mafia: Endgame - Where the Air is Sweet

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Muppet Mafia 7/7 - Day One

Postby jak111 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

vodean wrote:my name keeps popping up, but everyone seems afraid to actually say why they want to lynch me. i can hardly defend against that!

While I can't speak for others, for me, it's that you're the 2nd on my bandwagon, which I'm wifoming to the point that you may have been trying to get a momentum for a lynch, and now with the added fact that you now want a no lynch now that 2 others have had the chance to vote me without doing so. Thus, seeing your momentum plan as a failure. But this is only my reason and my wifom for my vote against you. Plus, I'd rather have a choice in one of the two that die instead of letting mafia pick us off. I'd rather have the chance to take a mafia out with my vote. All no lynching does is give the mafia 2 free kills of which they can pick whoever they wish. Not beneficial to us unless we have a cop, which is not 100% promised, unless he outs himself which would be a bad move D1.

So in full honesty, I'd rather lynch someone today I find scummy (and a few others agree XD) and go into tomorrow with perhaps 2-3 confirmed townies, 2 dead, and 2 mafia (Which would leave either the mafia exposed, or at least only 1 unknown townie, giving us a 66% chance of hitting mafia.

But yeah, besides my train of thought, I can't speak for the others.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Vote Count 1.5

Vodean: 1 - jak
Jak: 2 - jonty125, vodean -L2
Mr. Squirrel:
Aage: 0
Jonty: 2 - LSUtigerjosh, aage -L2
LSUtigerjosh: 0
DiM: 0

2 not voting (Mr Squirrel, DiM). With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

No deadline set.

The not-votings have been fixed. Sorry for the mistake. Posted in the replacement thread for DiM. Sending out PM's asking if anyone would like to replace DiM within a few hours.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:20 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:For now I'm willing to leave my vote on Jonty
This is your vote on me.
LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Unvote and vote Jonty for purposely confusing Mr. S :D
We're out of the jokevote stage now.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:10 am

jonty125 wrote:
This is your vote on me.

Are you afraid to die because of his joke vote? :| As things stand now, Jak is more likely to get lynched because of his uber long posts.

I agree with Mr. Squirrel on the topic of no-lynching. We need the info. There's a chance there are 5 VT's in which case no-lynching gets us nowhere. I am unwilling to take the risk.

vodean wrote:my name keeps popping up, but everyone seems afraid to actually say why they want to lynch me. i can hardly defend against that!
People generally vote you on D1, right? Maybe that's why.

Right now I'd be content with lynching Jonty or Vodean. I'm reluctant to vote Jak (despite his efforts to raise my suspicion) because he is likely an asset to town, and finding out his alignment would yield no new information at this point.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 am

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
This is your vote on me.

Are you afraid to die because of his joke vote? :|

Slightly, I am at L-2, and I'd still like to see LSU's reaction.
Cook jonty125

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 pm

jonty125 wrote:
vodean wrote:im still for no-lynching because if we no lynch today, no-lynch tomorrow, we will have an almost guaranteed mafia lynch the next day. plus the doctor could help us a lot. thats assuming we have a doctor. plus if there is a cop they could help us a lot too.

But with that we have to lynch scum on D3 AND D4.

unvote vote no lynch I agree with a no lynch day 1 but another no lynch on day 2 is risky with no guarantee that the cop will still be around on day 3 with clears.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby vodean on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:44 pm

aage wrote:Right now I'd be content with lynching Jonty or Vodean. I'm reluctant to vote Jak (despite his efforts to raise my suspicion) because he is likely an asset to town, and finding out his alignment would yield no new information at this point.
care to elaborate?
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Vote Count 1.5

Mr. Squirrel:
Jonty: 2 - aage
No Lynch: 1 - LSUTigerJosh

No deadline set.

Still looking for a replacement for DiM. If anyone knows of anybody keen to play please pass on a request from me :).
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby aage on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 pm

vodean wrote:
aage wrote:Right now I'd be content with lynching Jonty or Vodean. I'm reluctant to vote Jak (despite his efforts to raise my suspicion) because he is likely an asset to town, and finding out his alignment would yield no new information at this point.
care to elaborate?

Sure.

It seems to me that one of three is being lynched at this moment, looking at the votes. You have one vote but complain about getting attention. Jonty has been discussed in earlier posts. Both of you are voting for Jak, from which I can conveniently conclude that you are not allies. Despite doubting that both of you are scum, I haven't seen enough from DiM (who seems to be having a ban) and LSU to form any opinion on those and I am always reluctant to lynch Mr. Squirrel, let alone myself, especially on day 1. Lynching either you or Jonty is both a safe and a sound decision in my opinion.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Sorry for doubleposting.
ShaggyDan wrote:Vote Count 1.5

Mr. Squirrel:
Jonty: 2 - aage

No deadline set.

Still looking for a replacement for DiM. If anyone knows of anybody keen to play please pass on a request from me :).

LSU took his vote off Jonty, so he now has 1 vote instead of 2.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote: I'm leaning towards vodean currently. I'll try to post something of more substance later tonight.

Sorry for the delay. Vodean, the reason I am suspicious of you is for a few posts. First of all, you said earlier that jak was playing out of character. Here, I'll quote it for you:

vodean wrote:i think that jak is very much out of character, and i think we have a decent case on him, and by jonty's logic, no good reason NOT to lynch him. i also wonder why jak wants me to claim... he didnt give a reason, and seems to want people to claim, which will only help scum.
vote jak

This to me seems simply like an excuse to vote rather than a reason. I feel like this is a huge reach to believe. Especially when you have no evidence backing it up. No one else said he was playing out of character. That's a metagame accusation, which never really factored into the suspicions we had about jak.

vodean wrote:arent there only 2 scum? they could hardly afford to throw one away.
FOS jak

This post seemed a little personal if you ask me, but thats just my interpretation.

vodean wrote:im still for no-lynching because if we no lynch today, no-lynch tomorrow, we will have an almost guaranteed mafia lynch the next day. plus the doctor could help us a lot. thats assuming we have a doctor. plus if there is a cop they could help us a lot too.

Finally, this is post that I feel is the most scummy. Only 24 hours before this post, you were saying how you wanted to lynch jak. And absolutely nowhere before this did you ever mention a no lynch. So you couldn't "still" be supporting it. I feel like you were trying to distance yourself from your previous accusations against jak once you saw that the wagon had no traction.

My case isn't rock solid, and its based mostly on a strong hunch. But I still feel that those posts are enough evidence to constitute a vote.
vote vodean
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Vote Count 1.6

Vodean: 2 - jak, Mr. Squirrel
Jak: 2 - jonty125, vodean
Mr. Squirrel: 0
Jonty: 1 - aage

1 not voting (DiM). With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

No deadline set.

aage wrote:LSU took his vote off Jonty, so he now has 1 vote instead of 2.

Fixed. Sorry for the mistake, first time modding here and all :oops:.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:31 pm

TheHippo8 replaces DiM.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby jonty125 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:56 am

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote: I'm leaning towards vodean currently. I'll try to post something of more substance later tonight.

Sorry for the delay. Vodean, the reason I am suspicious of you is for a few posts. First of all, you said earlier that jak was playing out of character. Here, I'll quote it for you:

vodean wrote:i think that jak is very much out of character, and i think we have a decent case on him, and by jonty's logic, no good reason NOT to lynch him. i also wonder why jak wants me to claim... he didnt give a reason, and seems to want people to claim, which will only help scum.
vote jak

This to me seems simply like an excuse to vote rather than a reason. I feel like this is a huge reach to believe. Especially when you have no evidence backing it up. No one else said he was playing out of character. That's a metagame accusation, which never really factored into the suspicions we had about jak.

vodean wrote:arent there only 2 scum? they could hardly afford to throw one away.
FOS jak

This post seemed a little personal if you ask me, but thats just my interpretation.

Finally, this is post that I feel is the most scummy. Only 24 hours before this post, you were saying how you wanted to lynch jak. And absolutely nowhere before this did you ever mention a no lynch. So you couldn't "still" be supporting it. I feel like you were trying to distance yourself from your previous accusations against jak once you saw that the wagon had no traction.

My case isn't rock solid, and its based mostly on a strong hunch. But I still feel that those posts are enough evidence to constitute a vote.
vote vodean

Interesting. FOS vodean. I still see jak as a #1 candidate for a lynch.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 am

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
FOS jak

I disagree with the first point you make here. If there are only 2 scum, they could indeed hardly afford a sacrifice. Especially in round 1... that's not exactly the epitome of necessity.

The second point is good. I had mentioned I would agree to lynching either Jonty or Vodean because of that. You might also want to note that Vodean hasn't followed LSU's vote no lynch. If you do want a no lynch, you might as well put your money where your mouth is, right?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby vodean on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:04 pm

if i didnt suggest a no lynch right back at the start of the game, then i must have been confused. I feel a No Lynch D1 is always a good thing in very small games.

Ok I will not survive very long in this game, although i think that i wont be lynched today. When i flip town, note that jak and aage seem to be connected.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Ha all, confirm.

Still reading ... but Vode - really?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm

vodean wrote:if i didnt suggest a no lynch right back at the start of the game, then i must have been confused. I feel a No Lynch D1 is always a good thing in very small games.

Ok I will not survive very long in this game, although i think that i wont be lynched today. When i flip town, note that jak and aage seem to be connected.

So you still don't vote no lynch and you believe Aage and I are conntected? Desperate much?

You may or may not flip townie Vodean, but you're scummy as hell lately in this one.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

jak111 wrote:
vodean wrote:if i didnt suggest a no lynch right back at the start of the game, then i must have been confused. I feel a No Lynch D1 is always a good thing in very small games.

So you still don't vote no lynch and you believe Aage and I are conntected? Desperate much?

I was hoping at least for a nameclaim. That makes two of us disappointed.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby jonty125 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:04 am

Come on vodean, claim! You've tipped the scales with this post in my eyes. You're now worse than jak so unvote and I won't put you @ L-1 yet, in case we have a speedhammer after your claim.
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 am

jonty125 wrote:You're now worse than jak

I mean thanks for the unvote, but what I just quoted OUCH. I'm not that bad of a guy!

But yes, I think a claim is in order with someone not voting you ready to put you at L1 if need be.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jonty125 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:29 am

jak111 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:You're now worse than jak

I mean thanks for the unvote, but what I just quoted OUCH. I'm not that bad of a guy!

You knew what I meant!! :x
Cook jonty125

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 am

Okay, I've read up. Vode needs to claim. I've noted something else of interest as well but will hold my tongue for now - at least until we have a claim. I agree that L1 is a bit risky so will also hold off on voting - but only for that reason!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:08 am

At this point I"m also ready to vote Vodean for what seems to be VERY scummy moves although I'll keep my vote on no lynch so he won't be speed lynched unless he decides that he doesn't want to give us his name at a bare minimum.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby ShaggyDan on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 am

Vote Count 1.7

Vodean: 2 - jak, Mr. Squirrel
Jak: 1 - vodean
Mr. Squirrel: 0
Jonty: 1 - aage

2 not voting (hippo8, Jonty). With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

No deadline set. May set a tentitive deadline in the nearish future, but activity is pretty good so I'm happy to let it run its course in the meantime.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives