Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass Effect 1 - D4 A new threat revealed

Postby Skittles! on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Skittles, I want to know why you think madmitch is town, and not cult.

He's been settling into mafia more successfully recently, surely a return to his old confused ramblings ways is more indicative of him receiving a role he wouldn't be familiar with?

Cause I've hosted a game where Mitch was non-town, and the way he acted there and the way he acted in this game are completely different. The ramblings, accusing everyone sort of argument that Mitch does is purely when he is town. It's like he backs himself into a corner, not knowing how to actually get out of that corner, and then is more than likely to dig himself further than actually get out.

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Skittles! wrote:
dakky21 wrote:And then we have Tails who made 17 posts in 31 page game with 759 posts. Call it lurking or inactivity but I don't like it either way. Tails in all 31 pages voted once for Skitts and no one else (screw the willy-nilly theory), never tried to make a case around anyone and did not contribute anything worthwhile. He said his internet will be "spotty". I'd call that lurking, as he was today here and again didn't said anything of substance (clarifying that "lil" means "little" is an "i'm here" post)

I'm willing to vote him instead of DY if you people agree.

I would have to agree. He's been fairly quiet a lot of the game, except for when he tried to start a bandwagon against me.

MM - two mafia kills, gloated. Thought he was JOAT but the second kill shows that isnt true. town
ragian - pretty quiet, not saying much of anything, but kinda active and different from his usual playstyle. town
LOVO - quiet, and strangely attached to mitch. most of his recent posts have just reiterated the same thing regarding mitch. i think he's town.
mitch - even tho he is erratic, i believe his claim. i think there are more than just 2 vanillas left.
dakky - not 100% sure on this, but his constant harrassing of thorth eventually allowed MM to be sure enough to kill him.

Unsure of -
benga - starting strong on day 2 but has gone quiet since. possible cult imo
doom - not super helpful, possible scum/cult
tails - not super helpful, possible scum/cult
samlen - still not 100% on, but playing similar to how i would play a vt

I'm going to go ahead and Vote Tails. He hasn't helped town at all imo.

Pretty specious reasoning, bru. By that logic LoVo is also a candidate for your vote, but methinks he's your cult buddy, so the same rules don't apply, eh?

-Tails

Honestly, most of the sure-town list I made revolves around me thinking they are just VT. LOVO could be connected with Mitch, benga could be connected to them too.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 pm

@skittles: but what about the speedwagon to save mitch? surely you can't write that off due to coincidence.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Skittles! on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:@skittles: but what about the speedwagon to save mitch? surely you can't write that off due to coincidence.

Here's the vote count

mod wrote:Vote count

(1) Skittles - Tails
(1) Sam - DY
(3) Mitch - Skoffin, Dakky, MM
(6) Strike - HS, Rag, Skittles, LV, Mitch, Benga

I don't 100% believe that it was to "save" Mitch. Mitch wasn't going to get lynched, because not everyone agreed he was scum. Some people throughout the game has noticed a bit of a scummy vibe from Strike, myself included (which I had mentioned before), and I was ready to vote for him but I had not yet created a fullproof argument before Hotshot announced he felt the same as I did. Ragian also felt the same, and of course Mitch being Mitch, he voted to save himself. LOVO, with his weird attachment to Mitch (okay they may be cult but I still believe Mitch is a townie), voted to save Mitch. Benga, thinking there couldn't be two vanilla in the game (but has now flipped his argument for some reason), believed Mitch was a townie and voted Strike.

So really, 2 out of 6 people voted to "save" Mitch. 3 others voted because they felt scummy vibes about Strike, then benga voted for reasons I don't agree with. HOWEVER, with Hotshot turning out Cult, we know cult were on the lynch. We don't know when he was recruited, it could have been last night, it could have been the night after he roleclaimed. I stand by my vote, because even if Strike turned out a VT.. He was just a VT, and no real harm to town has happened. You feel the same about VT's, I know. Ragian is kinda doing what he accuses Tails of doing, so I'm once again unsure of where he lays but I'm leaning townie.

Furthermore, Skoffin had been HARDCORE trying to start a bandwagon against Mitch. I know her personal feelings about him, so I understand why she would do this. Whether she had roleblocked Fircoal and nothing happened the next day, made her believe he was a threat to scum. He is actually, because he's so easy for town to win, yet also easy for scum to win. He confuses everyone's playstyle, he's distracting, he's unreliable. It's a double edged sword, and that's why Mitch has won most of the games he has played. He is very rarely voted out, and he's no use wasting a night kill on him because there are always better targets, therefore making him a threat to scum and town because he either lasts to the end, or he wastes peoples time.

That's why I think the vote against Strike was AT LEAST 2 cult, 1 scum, maybe 3 town. Mitch had 2 town, 1 scum. leaving tails and you as possible cult.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Actually after you posting it occurred to me that everybody on the wagon did it to save madmitch except you (as you claim). Perhaps you being on the wagon is clouding your view of how "scummy as f*ck" that wagon was. iamcaffeine had way more reasons to get lynched and we almost didn't get it done in time. hotshot got killed over a scummy vibe? the only difference in his playstyle was that there was less of it.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:25 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Actually after you posting it occurred to me that everybody on the wagon did it to save madmitch except you (as you claim). Perhaps you being on the wagon is clouding your view of how "scummy as f*ck" that wagon was. iamcaffeine had way more reasons to get lynched and we almost didn't get it done in time. hotshot strike wolf got killed over a scummy vibe? the only difference in his playstyle was that there was less of it.

EBWOP
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Samlen on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:49 am

Yesterday's speed lynch was one of the summer things I've ever seen. If we just want to hit cult, I'd be veeery surprised if benga isn't cult by now, given his jailer claim and actions. We'd rather hit the leader though and we can be pretty much 100% sure benga's not the leader. There's almost certainly at least one more sum or cult in that wagon from yesterday, it's just not as easy to find as benga. Given the deadline and the chaos of the next two days for me (yay eclipse...) I'm going to vote benga.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:36 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Ragian wrote:Well done, tails. Who is scum? Who is cult? Everyone voting you? Who are you voting for?

@Doom, Strike didn't look town. At all. Calling him "real vanilla town" is weak. You never knew till he flipped.

I wrote:My vote train is cult.

Because they're voting for you, then? What a case. Is that why you're not voting for anyone? As of now, I'm voting you, so I am cult. What if I unvote you, am I then not cult?

DoomYoshi wrote:
Ragian wrote:Well done, tails. Who is scum? Who is cult? Everyone voting you? Who are you voting for?

@Doom, Strike didn't look town. At all. Calling him "real vanilla town" is weak. You never knew till he flipped.

That doesn't matter. The fact is he is a 100% confirmed vanilla townie. Madmitch isn't.

It does matter, though. At the time of the votes, Strike wasn't confirmed town (unless, of course, one is privy to knowledge that town isn't), and of the two, I found him the scummiest. Hence my vote. The only thing that nags me is that hotshot flipped cult. Skittles also touched upon this. If hotshot was cult D3, he could have started the case against Strike seeing that several people (myself included) had been suspicious of him already in order to save mitch. That would indicate that mitch, lovo, and perhaps benga is cult (I don't believe Skittles is).

unvote

For the record, I'm still in the mindset that Tails is non-town one way or the other as he continuously displays an unwillingness to do any sort of work on behalf of town. I am starting to think, however, that a tails lynch will offer less information than if we lynch from either of the two sides of the mitch argument.

Imagine we lynch mitch and he flips cult. From that information, I'd assume that at least dakky and benga are cult as well. Maybe even LoVo too. If we lynch Doom, I'm positive that MM is cult with him. Tails, I would presume, is in the Doom-MM camp, but I'm less persuaded by that.

Any thoughts, Skittles? And please, don't insult me with this:
Skittles! wrote:[...]Ragian is kinda doing what he accuses Tails of doing, so I'm once again unsure of where he lays but I'm leaning townie.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:56 am

like I said before if you want to lynch me go for it, it will prove I am town and maybe we will survive, the question I have when was Hot Shot recruited and was he killed because he was tracker or because he was cult? and if it was cult how did the killer know he was turned? :o
Cadet madmitch

Postby benga on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:13 am

Samlen wrote:Yesterday's speed lynch was one of the summer things I've ever seen. If we just want to hit cult, I'd be veeery surprised if benga isn't cult by now, given his jailer claim and actions. We'd rather hit the leader though and we can be pretty much 100% sure benga's not the leader. There's almost certainly at least one more sum or cult in that wagon from yesterday, it's just not as easy to find as benga. Given the deadline and the chaos of the next two days for me (yay eclipse...) I'm going to vote benga.

LOL seems to me eclipse has affected you

Let's recap
I was the one that first pointed to caff, no one blinked an eye
I was the one for lynch of mitch and you with HS & rag moved to strike, yes I did lynch cause people that now talk about my 'switch' were not willing to hammer mitch

there is possiblity that mitch is a scum, but why would cult recruit a guy that was up for lynch on next day?

so either people who talk about mitch as he is cult are in cult themselves
or they know there is more than 4 scum as they are scum themselves
Sergeant benga

Postby benga on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:16 am

benga wrote:
Samlen wrote:Yesterday's speed lynch was one of the summer things I've ever seen. If we just want to hit cult, I'd be veeery surprised if benga isn't cult by now, given his jailer claim and actions. We'd rather hit the leader though and we can be pretty much 100% sure benga's not the leader. There's almost certainly at least one more sum or cult in that wagon from yesterday, it's just not as easy to find as benga. Given the deadline and the chaos of the next two days for me (yay eclipse...) I'm going to vote benga.

Let's recap
I was the one for lynch of mitch and you with HS & rag moved to strike, yes I did lynch cause people that now talk about my 'switch' were not willing to hammer mitch

there is possiblity that mitch is a scum, but why would cult recruit a guy that was up for lynch on next day?

my bad I have mistaken sam for skittles :)

sam you didn't even vote
Sergeant benga

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:38 am

I would be very surprised if there is more than 4 scum total. then again this game is surprising.

look if people really want to believe that mitch is cult then lets go for it.

Im just going to come out and say it. I believe mitch is town as our roles are super close and his role claim and name claim make sense in conjunction with mine. Thats where my connection with him ends.
The only inclination I have that he may be cult is the want and need for the mod to pause voting on fircoal and re set all votes once mitch replaced. His play in itself doesnt really give me concern that he is cult.

I expect a cult is very much on the lynching mitch agenda and I think skitz breakdown of strikes lynch in regards to scum/cult/town numbers is a good representation.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:56 am

Ragian wrote:It does matter, though. At the time of the votes, Strike wasn't confirmed town (unless, of course, one is privy to knowledge that town isn't), and of the two, I found him the scummiest. Hence my vote. The only thing that nags me is that hotshot flipped cult. Skittles also touched upon this. If hotshot was cult D3, he could have started the case against Strike seeing that several people (myself included) had been suspicious of him already in order to save mitch. That would indicate that mitch, lovo, and perhaps benga is cult (I don't believe Skittles is).

unvote

For the record, I'm still in the mindset that Tails is non-town one way or the other as he continuously displays an unwillingness to do any sort of work on behalf of town. I am starting to think, however, that a tails lynch will offer less information than if we lynch from either of the two sides of the mitch argument.

Imagine we lynch mitch and he flips cult. From that information, I'd assume that at least dakky and benga are cult as well. Maybe even LoVo too. If we lynch Doom, I'm positive that MM is cult with him. Tails, I would presume, is in the Doom-MM camp, but I'm less persuaded by that.

Any thoughts, Skittles? And please, don't insult me with this:
Skittles! wrote:[...]Ragian is kinda doing what he accuses Tails of doing, so I'm once again unsure of where he lays but I'm leaning townie.

I agree with you about Tails, but I don't see how we won't get much information from him. he has been cryptic about what he actually wants to achieve, true, but even from his role we can find out lots of info. if he turns out cult or scum, well that's a good thing for town, one more day to survive. I don't think that's ever an excuse, cause in mafia, everything is information. Even Tail's message about being a good little townie during the night.

As for the possibility of Mitch flipping scum, as it IS possible, even tho i think it would be so dumb for cult to flip mitch because he is such a loose cannon (see previous post) and disrupts town, then I think it would be more likely that lovo and benga are cult, rather than dakky. I agree with you about Doom, but I would say Tails is more likely cult than MM.
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 am

benga wrote:

Let's recap

Yes but just because you did good things for town doesn't mean you are still town. I'm not saying you're 100% cult, but anyone could be cult. I just think Tails is a more worthwhile target than you
Private Skittles!

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:46 am

All I'm saying is that we'd get less information than I think we'd get from lynching mitch or Doom.

If Tails is bad, who's with him, do you think?

Let us say we lynch mitch and he flips cult (for instance). The next day, I'd go for dakky, benga, and LoVo.
Let us say we lynch mitch and he flips town. The next day, I'd go for doom.
(Same applies if we lynch Doom and he flips town-cult respectively).

If we lynch Tails, I don't know whom to go for if he flips either town or non-town.
Captain Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:08 am

I think Tails is with Doom, just because they both did shitty arguments against me earlier in the game, and tried to start a bandwagon. Also, as you said, Tails has been super cryptic the whole game. So yes, it will be difficult to find more info. But to me right now he is looking the most non-town.
Private Skittles!

Postby Skoffin on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:33 am

Vote Count:

(2) Madmitch - (Masket, Doom)
(1) Doom - (mitch)
(2) Tails - (Skittles, Dakkoo)
(1) Benga - (sam)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Last Posted:

1. Ragian ------------- Under 1 day ago
2. Dakky21 ----------- 1 day ago
3. Skittles! ----------- Under 1 day ago
4. Madmitch --------- Under 1 day ago
5. Samlen ------------ 1 day ago
6. Minister Masket -- 1 day ago
7. Benga -------------- Under 1 day ago
8. DoomYoshi -------- 1 day ago
9. lord voldemort --- Under 1 day ago
10. TA1LGUNN3R ---- 1 day ago

Deadline set for the 28th of August.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:21 am

So why isn't mitch voting for Tails?
Captain Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:33 am

No idea. Do you really believe Mitch is nontown tho? My whole basis of who is what depends on his claim, cause a lot of people left are giving much info about what they want.
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:34 am

Skittles! wrote:No idea. Do you really believe Mitch is nontown tho? My whole basis of who is what depends on his claim, cause a lot of people left aren't giving much info about what they want OR what their thoughts on are certain people

EBWOP
Private Skittles!

Postby dakky21 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:57 am

Ragian wrote:All I'm saying is that we'd get less information than I think we'd get from lynching mitch or Doom.

Ragian wrote:So why isn't mitch voting for Tails?

The same question can be asked about you. If you think you'd get more information from lynching mitch or Doom, why aren't you voting for either of them?
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:30 am

dakky21 wrote:
Ragian wrote:All I'm saying is that we'd get less information than I think we'd get from lynching mitch or Doom.

Ragian wrote:So why isn't mitch voting for Tails?

The same question can be asked about you. If you think you'd get more information from lynching mitch or Doom, why aren't you voting for either of them?

Because I don't know where to go. Why did you want Doom over mitch?
Captain Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Ragian wrote:Because I don't know where to go. Why did you want Doom over mitch?

First, he kept changing his votes during the joke stage and initially voting "bad guys" which is a typical scum tell, vote for a NPC or someone who isn't in the game, despite it being a joke. D2 he kept changing votes, like he doesn't care who to vote.

Second, it's a hunch from D2 when Doom wanted a speed lynch of Sam:

DoomYoshi wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:At this point I feel like I have to vote dakky or thorthoth just to try and stop town being idiotic.

There are better choices. Samlen hasn't posted all day, Skoffin posted only once, Firocoal only once in 2 days.

unvote vote samlen

Since DDS said that he was waiting on actions in the night phase, it's possible an inactive was responsible for sending in the kill. Speedlynch go go go!

No need to say Caff was later found guilty and that "there is a better choice than me or Thor" who was also found guilty later.

And third, the outburst at Mitch for asking who Pika was, not who Pika is... means he didn't even read the question with understanding.

Though, my vote is on Tails now because of not being helpful to town in any way and for lurking around. I can/will easily switch to Doom and hammer if needed.

As for Fircoal and later Mitch, I really think as I said a number of times before, is probably something important to the game, otherwise the mod probably wouldn't try so hard to find a replacement. And if we all agree there are 4 scum and not 5, Mitch is probably something important to town. While he could be cult, I think Doom is the last scum.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 pm

If you think Doom is the last scum, I'd actually ask you to vote for cult. Do you think Tails is cult?
Captain Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Ragian wrote:If you think Doom is the last scum, I'd actually ask you to vote for cult. Do you think Tails is cult?

Actually, that IS the reason I'm still voting Tails instead of Doom. His play was too cryptic and not helpful at all, like he doesn't care who will get lynched. Remember his "willy-nilly" theory about voting? If you don't care you can be either cult or scum, so I'll leave my vote on him.
Captain dakky21

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Anyone who thinks me and Doom are partners have clearly forgotten our first interaction. I literally had to use my first kill to prevent him getting a bandwagon on me.

benga wrote:there is possiblity that mitch is a scum, but why would cult recruit a guy that was up for lynch on next day?

What nonsense is this. Could I not be a townie who simply suspects him to be cult based on his behaviour? He could've quite easily been recruited earlier on.

Do not taunt the Krogan benga, like Skoffin before you.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives