Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 4- He is a skinchanger]

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:46 pm

unvote Samlen, vote Hotshot. Not an OMGUS vote, but following the direction of our confirmed town, and you've been suspected by multiple people since Day 1. The post from Skoff that ZaBeast reminded us of is interesting as well (it makes Pika look a little questionable as well).

I'm also still wanting to know how mitch can allegedly prove that he is town, given he's been scummy for days.
New Recruit Kamikaze Jawa

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Well, that puts me at L-2 and time to claim I guess. Unfortunately, I don't have anything special to claim, I am Elrond, and just provide lodging to the questers. I am a VT. If there are any trackers around they could verify I've never gone anywhere, and I'm sure no watcher has seen me either. (No, I don't want anyone if they are those roles to claim to save me, but there isn't really any other way to prove being a VT lol)
Major HotShot53

Postby madmitch on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Nice try, do not believe you sorry, VOTE HOTSHOT
Cadet madmitch

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Mitch, how can you prove you are town?

Vote Mitch for continuing to skirt the question.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby madmitch on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:54 pm

@ Mudpuppy The only way I can convince town is when a specific town player dies ,Then I can take over and prove who I am, until then I am just town, I don't want myself or any body town to die.
Cadet madmitch

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [D2- There is a key](replace needed)

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Random quotes from earlier

FloresDelMal wrote:
I think based in my observation on mitch's style across both games i am willing to give [mitch] the benefit of the doubt, since his poor wording is just as likely to come from honest clumsiness as it is to come from scum slip up; so my vote is staying on dakky, because i dont beliave his claim i dont really care who hammer's him, and even if you beliave his claim you shouldnt care either, because he already explained he isnt supposed to be a bomb, but in the odd case that he is not lying yet again, and he is a townie with the power to drag to the grave a player he thinks might be scum i could like to see hotshot and mitch on his BW, and i couldnt mind seeing MM as well, but seriously, if he is scum and is lying about his role the matter of who places the last vote is completely unimportant, and if you beliave in him, and you think he is a vengeful townie, then you have no reason to fear him being a bomb since he already explained that he is free to choose :roll:

Flores giving mitch the benefit of the doubt, but wanting him on dakky's wagon? hmmm

Samlen wrote:Yes it sounds like you are hiding something, and If you're hiding something at this point then i don't know what to say anymore. There is no visible reason to believe the game is as you say it is. At this point I can't believe you are town anymore. Or you'll do something more than just kill someone when you die. I'm not voting [dakky] yet because I want ice's replacement/modkill issue to finish first.

Why didn't you follow through?

Factional Kill: Each night your faction is allowed to kill one person in the game.
To me, it implies anybody in the scum team can make the kill, right?

I don't trust HS claim (then again, Beorn was a town role), but Flores hasn't posted yet, so I think we should wait before we lynch
Unvote
Can Flores be prodded? She hasn't posted since the day started

What do you think about mitch name claiming? He did say his name and power made sense in a funny way or something like that earlier (I think it was on D3). So I see it as an easy way to somewhat confirm his role. I don't really get how it's supposed to work out, but at the same time I don't want to ask more questions yet.

And is KJ's item a one-shot jailing or role-blocking?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [D2- There is a key](replace needed)

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:15 pm

ZaBeast wrote:And is KJ's item a one-shot jailing or role-blocking?

It's a one-shot roleblock.

So Mitch, are you saying that the only way for you to prove that you are town, is for a specific town role to die? (If I recall correctly, you earlier said you were 'not doc...yet'). So are we to assume that you will take over the town role (possibly dr), in which case how does that prove that you are town? We would still have to take your word for it on a claim wouldn't we?

Postby madmitch on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:09 pm

LET'S HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR CLAIM KJ
Cadet madmitch

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:29 pm

madmitch wrote:LET'S HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR CLAIM KJ

How about you answer my questions? Or are you still trying to deflect suspicion from yourself?

Postby Samlen on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Kamikaze Jawa wrote:
madmitch wrote:LET'S HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR CLAIM KJ

How about you answer my questions? Or are you still trying to deflect suspicion from yourself?

Though mitch's deflection is scummy, I'm pretty sure we all want to hear answers to both questions before the end of the day.
Lieutenant Samlen

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Night 4 - His adventure ends]

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:28 am

Vote Count 4.2

Hotshot53 (6): Pikanchion, Samlen, Thorthoth, ZaBeast, Kamikaze Jawa, madmitch
Kamikaze Jawa (1): Hotshot53

Not Voting (3): FloresDelMal, Minister Masket, MudPuppy

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. And Hotshot was lynched.

Your unoffical count missed Samlens vote, Scene shortly

FDM was also proded whomever asked.

Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:48 am

Bilbo and the dwarves had now plenty to think about, and they asked no more questions. They still had a long way to walk before them. Up slope and down dale they plodded. It grew very hot.

Standing near was a huge man with a thick black beard and' hair, and great bare arms and legs with knotted muscles. He was clothed in a tunic of wool down to his knees, and was leaning on a large axe.

"Who are you and what do you want?" he asked gruffly

"I am a wizard," continued Gandalf. "I have heard of you, if you have not heard of me; but perhaps you have heard of my good cousin Radagast who lives near the Southern borders of Mirkwood?"

"I used to see him now and again," said Beorn. "Well, now I know who you are, or who you say you are. What do you want?"

"To tell you the truth, we have lost our luggage and nearly lost our way, and are rather in need of help, or at least advice. I may say we have had rather a bad time with goblins in the mountains."

"A very good tale!" said he. "The best I have heard for a long while. If all beggars could tell such a good one, they might find me kinder. You may be making it all up, of course, but you deserve a supper for the story all the same. Let's have something to eat!"

Suddenly up stood Gandalf. "It is time for us to sleep," be said, "-for us, but not I think for Beorn. In this hall we can rest sound and safe, but I warn you all not to forget what Beorn said before he left us: you must not stray outside until the sun is up, on your peril."

Well, here is Mirkwood!" said Gandalf. "The greatest of the forests of the Northern world. I hope you like the look of it. Now you must send back these excellent ponies you have borrowed."

"What about the horse, then?" said Thorin. "You don't mention sending that back."

"I don't, because I am not sending it."

"What about your promise then?"

"I will look after that. I am not sending the horse back, I am riding it!"

Then they knew that Gandalf was going to leave them at the very edge of Mirkwood, and they were in despair.

The Council of White was meeting...with Elrond, Gandalf, Galadriel meeting. Word comes to Gandalf that Elrond is evil. Something is at work. They attack Elrond...he is killed. The sickness is lifted from him. To reveal...

Hotshot53, Sauraman the White, a Spy allied with The Enemy has been lynched.

show: Role

72 hours for night actions. Click here for deadline.

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Night 4 - Into Mirkwood]

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:22 am

Well, that wasn't my best game.... not sure I would have done much better as town either with as busy as I was. Oh well, good game, and go scum!
Major HotShot53

Postby Samlen on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:41 am

I like how poorly we kept track of the votes xD Thank goodness the mod can count and read better than us.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Apologies for late ness. I went to be super early last night. Will post scene in about 2-3hours once home from work

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5- The Enemy is coming]

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:17 pm

DAY 5

There is no need to tell you much of his adventures that night, for now we are drawing near the end of the eastward journey and coming to the last and greatest adventure, so we must hurry on. Of course helped by his magic ring he got on very well at first, but he was given away in the end by his wet footsteps and the trail of drippings that he left wherever he went or sat; and also he began to snivel, and wherever he tried to hide he was found out by the terrific explosions of his suppressed sneezes. Very soon there was a fine commotion in the village by the riverside; but Bilbo escaped into the woods carrying a loaf and a leather bottle of wine and a pie that did not belong to him. The rest of the night he had to pass wet as he was and far from a fire, but the bottle helped him to do that, and he actually dozed a little on some dry leaves, even though the year was getting late and the air was chilly.

He woke again with a specially loud sneeze. It was already grey morning, and there was a merry racket down by the river. They were making up a raft of barrels, and the raft-elves would soon be steering it off down the stream to Lake-town. Bilbo sneezed again. He was no longer dripping but he felt cold all over. He scrambled down as fast as his stiff legs would take him and managed just in time to get on to the mass of casks without being noticed in the general bustle. Luckily there was no sun at the time to cast an awkward shadow, and for a mercy he did not sneeze again for a good while. There was a mighty pushing of poles. The elves that were standing in the shallow.water heaved and shoved. The barrels now all lashed together creaked and fretted

"This is a heavy load!" some grumbled. "They float too deep-some of these are never empty. If they had come ashore in the daylight, we might have had a look inside," they said.

"No time now!" cried the raftman. "Shove off!"

And off they went at last, slowly at first, until they had passed the point of rock where other elves stood to fend them off with poles, and then quicker and quicker as they caught the main stream and went sailing away down, down towards the Lake.

They had escaped the dungeons of the king and were through the wood, but whether alive or dead still remains to be seen.....

News soon reached them that The Enemy had moved on their number again.

Kamikaze Jawa. Dain II Ironfoot, a Vanilla Townie allied with Thorinā€™s Company has been killed.

show: role

Not Voting (8): Samlen, Thorthoth, FloresDelMal, madmitch, ZaBeast, Minister Masket, MudPuppy, Pikanchion

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

There is currently no deadline in place

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5 - The enemy is coming]

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:50 pm

Overall a good night... but I don't like the "nor can you be recruited" line in HotShot's role.

Can't imagine we've gone 4 days & 4 nights with half the players gone and no sign of a cult if there was one... So, leaning to it being a one-time recruitment by The Enemy (e.g., Eye of Sauron)... which would make sense of HotShot's immunity from recruitment line since it appears the rest of The Enemy didn't know who their spy was: "You can not be killed by a mafia kill"

I was going to be gunning for KJ today based on my theory that HotShot steered the vote away from him... so, for that reason, glad he was chosen for the hit.

We have to assume that it is possible for one or more (though I doubt more than 1) of the confirmed townies to have been lured to the other side... Still think it's worth following the lead of that group since we're likely still a town majority (if not all town).

Eager to hear from Flores today.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Samlen on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:48 am

I shot kj last night. I don't know if mafia also shot kj but I would think it more likely that they would've tried to off one of the confirmed townies. So it's quite likely that a roleblocker or doc was successful last night.

As for that line in hotshot's role, we can only pray that there isn't a cult because no cult dead at day 5 means we should've lost by now. Given that dakky did not have that line in his role, I'm assuming that hotshot's role was basically saying that he could not join the mafia's nightchat at any point.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 am

My intuition about KJ was right all along. it's a shame he's gone. he always voted right and never really did anything scummy...
It makes sense that HS would continue to throw suspicion on a townie by trying to lynch even after it was futile. WIFOM goes on forever...

If Samlen isn't town, his 2-shot vig cover is just too perfectly sick...

Flore better show up and be able to explain his absence...

Pika, Samlen, Mitch & Flor... I'm guessing two of the four are scum. We need to debate this carefully.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:54 am

Well, unfortunately I don't think there's much info we can get from HS's lynch. For all we know, scum didn't know yet he was in their team and wanted him dead too.
Also, it seems I'm terrible at vote counts. Don't let me do them again.
Now that we know there were most likely only 3 scum (2 that knew each other from what I can get of HS's role) at the beginning (because 4 would make it pretty unbalanced imo, since the recruit would make it 5), Sam's post where he assumed there were 4 scum (the one where he said he thought at least 2 of dakky scummates voted for him) makes me lean town (or at least, not recruiter) for him.

I think mafia can either recruit or NK on a given night, and not do both. Seems harsh to get town down two townies in a night. I would also see it as a 1-shot ability (3 scum+1 recruit), so at worst 1 of the confirmed townies is now scum. We should keep our eyes open for any scum tell, but unless a big slip happens, I think we'd better be lynching from the pool of unconfirmed townies (Sam, Flores, Pika, mitch) because
1) we can be sure there's at least one scum in the non-confirmed ones (the recruiter)
2) we don't know for sure if someone has been recruited yet
3) if a townie has already been recruited, there is a chance both scum left (recruit and recruiter) are non-confirmed (esp. if the recruiting wasn't done last night)
Now, I'm going with the assumption the recruiting happened one of the two nights without any mafia kill and that the recruit loses his powers (like cult), so either N1 (then, none of the current confirmed townies could have been recruited: MP still had his power, as he gave out two gifts, MM was jailed, Thor wouldn't have confirmed me town yesterday, and I'm guessing he used his gift on N3, so I was still town at N3 (and still am, don't get me wrong)), or last night (and anyone can be scum again). I don't think the recruiting was performed N1, because it's a shot in the dark for scum (except with Thor, but as I said, I don't think he's been recruited N1), since it's likely to take a vanilla townie from town, obviously not the optimal result for scum.

I do believe it's more likely the recruiting happened last night, if at all. Therefore, I see 4 possible reasons for the no-kill
1) Flores couldn't send her night action in time (maybe that's why the night dragged on a little longer)
2) Someone has been recruited.
3) Someone got lucky with their choice of target
4) KJ was scum's target

I'm guessing if recruiting happened, night actions of the recruit still get processed for this turn right?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:54 am

Posting on a separate post to make sure people read it
This being said, I'd like mitch to expand on his role (because his explanation was a bit weird yesterday). It seems Pika was way off with his list of characters and fake claims, so I'm getting very dubious of his claim. He obviously didn't know the characters and fake claims from his role PM (because of how wrong he's been), and I don't know of any role that could allow him to determine how many power roles town has. I don't see how that's not a guess, and therefore how explaining how he came with it can't be done without claiming.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:48 am

How convenient Samlen, that your so called target was killed , if you are telling the truth then you put a target on your back , who else have you killed or who are you aiming for next ??? I don't trust you , anybody else think he is scummy ? I am backup doc ,but at this point until the real doc is killed I am just a vote and I am happy just being that.
Cadet madmitch

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:14 am

madmitch wrote:How convenient Samlen, that your so called target was killed , if you are telling the truth then you put a target on your back , who else have you killed or who are you aiming for next ??? I don't trust you , anybody else think he is scummy ? I am backup doc ,but at this point until the real doc is killed I am just a vote and I am happy just being that.

That revelation makes things easy.

Vote Mitch

I find it unlikely there is a Jailer, doctor, & backup doctor in this game as one of the gifts I'm able to give out is a one-shot doctor. It also makes no sense that mitch claimed he could "prove" he's town based on being a backup doc.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:32 am

I am calling bullshit,I DON;T GIVE A f*ck ABOUT YOUR SO CALLED GIFTS, PROVE IT , WHO DID YOU USE THEM ON? I finally give in to your nagging and you call me OUT. :evil: :evil: I LIKE MY ROLE I thought it was amusing ,I am BOMBUR , fat and lazy comical sidekick don't want to do much and wouldn't have to until real doc was killed, this is who I am and THAT IS ALL I AM SAYING .
Cadet madmitch

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Wow. what a precarious mess. Town could so easily snatch defeat from the jaws of victory here...

That one-line about 'not being recruitable in HS's role has opened a potential can of worms. If there is a recruiter then this game is just too anti-town...
At this point, I'm not sure there is a recruiter, at least in the usual sense...
For now we will focus on the four non-confirmed town, but town needs to be disciplined. No more going rogue or AWOL at this point.

Confirmed Town
Thorthoth: Jist Vanilla town, and I am not recruited. Zabeast almost seemed to be implying that he thought I was...
I guess it's good to consider every possibility, but lets not get that paranoid.
ZaBeast: The Light of Earendil told me he was town. tbh, I asked about him because he seemed scummy... so that tells me I can be misled on reading him.
Now it's my turn to not be paranoid...
MudPuppy: MP and I did an excellent job at careful cross-confirmation. That was the most deductive and best moment in the game, imo.
Minister: If he isn't the brother-mason of Skoff's then this game's flavour is way too off... It would be good if he started participating more.

Giving scum safe cover roles destroys a lot of this games strategy. I am against it. Do not give liars solid protection from discovery.

Unconfirmed Town
Samlen: As you've described it, bard is a powerful town role, but so far you've used it badly... but if bard was given as a safe cover for scum then this game tips into a travesty, and it will be the mod who will really take the meta-damage to his reputation. I'm just saying..
Flore: he said he would be busy in RL with family, but this is getting ridiculous... still he gave off very towny vibes when he was playing.
Mitch: The age old question, is he town playing badly or scum playing badly...
Pika: He was acting loud and crazy early on, as I recall... then he got real quiet. That doesn't sound good, does it?

Question for MudPuppy: So you gave a gift of elven rope to KamakaziJawa on just a hunch that you thought he was town, right? If so, it was a good hunch... and it seems like it should have been enough slow Samlen's hand... KJ never got to use that piece of sting either... unless he could use it the night he was killed?

Yes, I know FOS: everyone doesn't help much. We need to keep taking about this. Micro-dissection is necessary.
Now everybody chime in, that's an order!
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives