Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5 - The enemy is coming]

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Pikanchion wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:Pika, didn't you say in your list Bard was nearly sure to be town?
And how was your revelation "bound to be harmful to town" if you were wrong? From what you said it's just guesswork anyways

My initial plan had been to suggest a mass character-name claim on day one, and failing that any other actions taken based on something which is untrue is bound to go wrong. Perhaps we would have lynched Ragian for instance.
Pikanchion wrote:...the likelihood of Bard as a town-sided character to counter Smaug (from a lore perspective, if not also mechanically should Smaug be a third party) means that in my mind it's probable that the role list is as follows...

Bard must be town (or at least a benign third party) if Smaug is in the game, if there is a mafia recruiter then Smaug is not on the mafia side (as there's no realistic way that Smaug would be a recruiter, and a four person mafia team with even one-shot recruitment abilities is not plausible), if Smaug is in the game as a third party they (while presumably a Serial Killer) haven't actually killed anybody yet from what we can tell, therefore if Smaug is in the game they must almost certainly be mafia-sided and the mafia don't have a recruiter.

If the mafia do have a recruiter (and Smaug is not in the game) then Bard no longer has to be Town in my eyes, and of course even if they were originally they could have been recruited.

First of all, Pika's flavour analysis is pure speculation, so I'm not sure why ZaBeast is taking any of it seriously. We already have ample evidence that this game's flavour is full of off-notes, so really anything is possible at this point.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 pm

@Thor, it's not the flavor I'm after, but Pika's justifications

@mitch, you did vote for KJ during that same day. He wasn't lynched, but he was still town; you didn't answer my first question

ZaBeast wrote:
madmitch wrote: Yes I stuck my big foot in my mouth,I can't prove I am town until I take over the docter role and save someone ,I spoke in hopes that the mafia would come after me instead of the real Doc,I was not that important in the book or the movie just a side kick ,so I figure at least I could take 1 for the town.

Where were those feelings during D2? Remember, the time you didn't want to hammer dakky? And the first time you actually said you were super important was during D2 anyways so I don't see it making sense.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Skoffin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 am

It's been over 24 hours of silence.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:13 am

*24h of waiting
At the point we're at, I don't think it's wise to end the day before Flores comes back or a replacement is found (she's been AWOL since the end of D3). Which is also why the game is at a standstill now.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 pm

I don't know what is going on with this game ? What do you guys think of a no-vote and get into the night ?

?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 pm

madmitch wrote:I don't know what is going on with this game ? What do you guys think of a no-vote and get into the night ?

Hell, no! Vote Mitch!
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5 - Replacement needed]

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Just asking , :x
Cadet madmitch

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Can't hurt to ask... unless they put a noose around your neck afterwards. 8-[
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Now that I think of it, lynching mitch could be a great way to check Flores alignment
- mitch is a backup doctor: we have a doctor, therefore Flores is doc; there is at least one scum between Pika and/or Sam
- mitch is scum: gg town
- mitch's role talks about recruiting and town hasn't won yet: most likely the recruit would still be between the unconfirmed townies (because he likely couldn't recruit last night)
- mitch's role doesn't talk about recruiting: we have a scum left between the unconfirmed townies

I think it's a win/win unless I missed something. Vote mitch. According to my super extra good vote-counting skills, that puts him at L-1 (MP, sam, thor, me).
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Pikanchion on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 am

I'd still rather wait for FloresDelMal to respond or be replaced first though, if madmitch is Backup Doctor and then FloresDelMal doesn't return to protect somebody tonight for instance...
Private Pikanchion

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5- The Enemy is coming]

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 am

Vote Count 5.1

Madmitch (4): MudPuppy, Samlen, Thorthoth, ZaBeast

Not Voting (8): FloresDelMal, madmitch, Minister Masket, Pikanchion

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

There is currently no deadline in place
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby madmitch on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 am

2 people on my wagon are on my scum list ,Samlen which I thought I made a pretty good case about why I found him scum and Thorth because he jumped on me for asking a simple question no other reason, for now I will vote Sam
Cadet madmitch

Postby Samlen on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Slow day is slow. Wish I knew what to do other than wait =/ Have you tried looking at the dead people to see if they can replace?
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Pretty much all of the dead people now know the setup. (There is a dead person chat)

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Minister is overdue for a post... He can either hammer Mitch or tell us why he doesn't want to do that.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Pikanchion on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 am

Please don't push for a lynch while we're still missing a player.
Private Pikanchion

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 am

I was definitely pro waiting until all the slots are filled early on in the game... but see little indication that Flores' spot will be filled any time soon... Even if it were, there is likely not much they could offer in terms of quality intel of who is town & isn't. If her role is a protection one, it would be beneficial to wait but since there was no kill last night when she was already AWOL, I think that reduces the likelihood of her being a doc... She could just as well be the recruiter, in which case it would be in town's best interest to move things along. I don't see a better lynch candidate at the moment & would prefer someone to just drop the hammer.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm

I potentially have a replacement. Stay with me

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Sweet!!! Thanks, LV.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Apologies. Very hectic week over here.
I'm not thrilled by the mitch situation, feels like votes are on him merely for lack of a better option.

I do have a free day tomorrow so I need to go over the last day or two and summarize everything.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Is there still hope of having a replacement?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 pm

ZaBeast wrote:Is there still hope of having a replacement?

I'll put it bluntly, I was the one that PM'd LV.

I'd ideally want to help, however, I simply don't have the time to go over 50 pages of posts.

IF someone can give me a rundown of: What's happened, major points of what has happened, everyone's thoughts on people, why they are town/mafia, why they should be voted etc. I will possibly replace to get this game rolling.

I don't like seeing games stall, and this is near the end of the game from what I can see, but again, I simply don't have the time to review 50 pages and form my opinions. Based on my schedule, it would take me about a week to read everything.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Here's my (non-exhaustive) summary of the game so far

D1: Pika says he has super special info and wants to know if anybody is playing more than one dwarf; 2 wagons: thor acting scummy and MM not participating much. thor gets mod-confirmed town, his votes shift to HotShot. No lynch.

D2: No kill, dakky comes out asking for night actions, then votes the mod-confirmed thor. Votes start piling up, he claims vengeful. Pika says it's even better to lynch a vengeful townie than a vanilla townie, modkill because no replacement is found for IcePack, dakky gets lynched. Turns vengeful scum, shoots DDS (flavor cop)

D3: skoff (mason) is found dead. pika posts a list of the dwarves and says he has reasons to think less important dwarves are fake claims for scum; MM comes forward as the other mason. No counter-claim, and skoff defended him quite a lot in D1. Votes for MP, claims Gandalf, but doesn't reveal what his role is. Votes shift to Ragian, who refuses to claim as well. After refusing to claim for a while, because MP didn't, he claims jailor. Speed lynch on BuJ (vanilla) because the deadline was approaching. Pika, and Flores to a lesser extent, pressuring Ragian (mostly because he left his claim until the last minute because he was butthurt people weren't believing him) then voting BuJ. Flores disappears after the day ends

D4: Ragian (jailor) dead. Thor says he used an item Gandalf (MP) gave him to confirm me as town. KJ also received an item (roleblock) from MP, not used yet. Sam claims bard, HotShot gets lynched, turns out spy (scum, unkillable by scum, and therefore probably unknown to scum; "Immune to recruiting"). KJ expresses suspicions over Pika, but most importantly mitch

D5: KJ (vanilla) dead; pika claims VT, and said that since an important character was VT, he believed that the least important ones had to be scum, Sam says he killed KJ, mitch claims back-up doctor, only person left that could be doc is Flores, MM says he got a one-shot doc ability from MP and used it on pika

I don't feel like checking up the votes.

Confirmed town (non scum, unless the "immune to recruiting" line in HS's role means scum can make a townie join their side)
Thor (innocent child)
MM (mason)
MP (inventor)
Me (I like to keep it a mystery. But I'm not doc)

Non-confirmed (at least one scum between themm)
mitch (claimed backup doctor)
Pika (claimed VT)
Sam (claimed two-shot vig)
Flores (unknown)

tbh, there's not that many leads. Seems I was wrong in most of my picks, like the rest of town, but I think mitch is a great choice for today, and because of his claim. If he's town, we can confirm Flores is doc, and there would be at least one scum between Sam and Pika. Since Sam claimed 2-shot vig, should be easy if he is who he says he is (there shouldn't be a buser, because it seems the gift of the one-shot protection was processed during the night, as MM could use it on pika). If mitch is scum, great. And for the record, if mitch is scum, I'd be suspicious of Flores as well, because of the way she defended him during D3.
Therefore, I'd say we should lynch mitch and go on from there depending on his role. I find it unlikely there's going to be a better candidatet, and it's the easiest way to check the alignment of Flores.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

TheForgivenOne replaces FloresDelMal

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:29 am

Overall, zaBeast's summary is apt.
But to clarify, I received the Light of Earendil anonymously early in the game and later used it to determine ZaBeast was town (at least at the time...) but then later still, on Day 4, on a hunch that Gandalf had given me the object, I asked MP to explain to me what it was. he did so giving excellent confirmation of his role as Gandalf.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives