Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [15/16] D2 [Oh silent Night]

Postby BuJaber on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Don't worry about it mets. It happens every game. Mostly it's just laziness I reckon. No out of the box thinking no change of play style just wait for someone to do "so and so" put votes on them wait for their claim. Even in a game with clearly different dynamic they want to follow the same old formula.

Role fishing .. as strike said I know what it is and this isn't. I will say that I might be influenced as a player by the one night ultimate werewolf games. They tend to have more info shared by town. Strike in particular should know how effective that can be. Obviously regular mafia requires more subtlety .. I wasn't advocating for claims around the table. I asked very specific questions about night 1 that if answered wouldn't even neceasarily be alignment indicative. Somebody found a candle? That can mean anything. As for the aura we don't even know what it is yet for sure. How do we know it would be alignment indicative. There's also the difference between acting and being acted on. If there were people with no night action or irrelevant night actions that got some info I was urging them to share. It often means somebody is trying to communicate with another townie during the night

I was opening a discussion that wasn't about pika (coz at this point you either think he's town or not not sure how much we can discuss), wasn't about the crier/spirit, wasn't about the PR. And 3 people are trying to shut ne down. How is THAT helpful? You think anybody will talk after my lynch? They'll continue to lurk or discuss the random distractions.. it will further nurture the shy playstyle of the CC meta.

And aage we both know that mitch tends to get himself killed. I made a calculated risk to mention his name because he needs to be quiet. Also I dare any scum to try to NK mitch. Go ahead try it.

Mandy you have anything to say? I bet you they're counting on you to jump on the bandwagon it would earn them a lot of credibility. If you agree with them then I'll just claim and y'all can talk about me after my death. Pika aage mandy and strike on one lynch.. that is a speed lynch formula if there ever was one.

Now I realize why I was defending dakky... thought I was being objective turns out I just relate to him. :(
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:48 pm

BuJaber wrote:]Don't worry about it mets. It happens every game. Mostly it's just laziness I reckon. No out of the box thinking no change of play style just wait for someone to do "so and so" put votes on them wait for their claim. Even in a game with clearly different dynamic they want to follow the same old formula.

Role fishing .. as strike said I know what it is and this isn't. I will say that I might be influenced as a player by the one night ultimate werewolf games. They tend to have more info shared by town. Strike in particular should know how effective that can be. Obviously regular mafia requires more subtlety .. I wasn't advocating for claims around the table. I asked very specific questions about night 1 that if answered wouldn't even neceasarily be alignment indicative. Somebody found a candle? That can mean anything. As for the aura we don't even know what it is yet for sure. How do we know it would be alignment indicative. There's also the difference between acting and being acted on. If there were people with no night action or irrelevant night actions that got some info I was urging them to share. It often means somebody is trying to communicate with another townie during the night

I was opening a discussion that wasn't about pika (coz at this point you either think he's town or not not sure how much we can discuss), wasn't about the crier/spirit, wasn't about the PR. And 3 people are trying to shut ne down. How is THAT helpful? You think anybody will talk after my lynch? They'll continue to lurk or discuss the random distractions.. it will further nurture the shy playstyle of the CC meta.

And aage we both know that mitch tends to get himself killed. I made a calculated risk to mention his name because he needs to be quiet. Also I dare any scum to try to NK mitch. Go ahead try it.

Mandy you have anything to say? I bet you they're counting on you to jump on the bandwagon it would earn them a lot of credibility. If you agree with them then I'll just claim and y'all can talk about me after my death. Pika aage mandy and strike on one lynch.. that is a speed lynch formula if there ever was one.

Now I realize why I was defending dakky... thought I was being objective turns out I just relate to him. :(

Oh F this... looks like 2nd strike for me.
Major BuJaber

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 am

strike wolf wrote:how Aage s post reads: You're scummy and this is why you're scummy. I'm voting for you.

How Sam's post reads: Hey buddy. Please don't role fish. K. Thx. Sincerely, your bestest scum buddy.

I find this reasoning really hard to swallow. I could find a million examples in previous games of people explaining to others that they should stop rolefishing because it is bad for town. Sam's post could just as easily be read as trying to stop BuJ from doing further damage, without it being alignment indicative whatsoever. So your FOS is suspicious here. I'm less inclined to believe BuJ after his latest post, but I don't really see the case on Sam.

Why even ask if the person who may have shielded town should step forward? What purpose does it serve for said person to step forward? It's either a one shot ability and mafia overanalyzes it wondering if they have to pull out some special ability or save any potential extra kills for later nights. Or it does have another use in which case, that person should NEVER claim unless forced. Only thing getting that person to claim accomplishes is allowing mafia to better plan around it.

How about you read the thing you're responding to? BuJ said quite clearly that the reason was so that the doc could protect this player in future nights. If you want to respond and say that's dumb, do so, but don't pretend like he didn't even offer a reason.

I do believe that Buj knows what role fishing is and I do believe he would out right ask for someone to claim. I don't put it past scum Buj to try to guise it as getting consensus from town that said person should claim.

Granted. But that's not really alignment indicative, to the extent that his stated reason is I guess also a legitimate one.

As for the candle, I agree with Aage on this one. If anyone on town got anything worthwhile out of it, they should have already spoken up.

I originally thought that BuJ was possibly looking for a specific thing here because he might have had information related to the candle. But that seems like it's probably not the case after his latest post.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 am

BuJaber wrote:I was opening a discussion that wasn't about pika (coz at this point you either think he's town or not not sure how much we can discuss), wasn't about the crier/spirit, wasn't about the PR. And 3 people are trying to shut ne down. How is THAT helpful? You think anybody will talk after my lynch? They'll continue to lurk or discuss the random distractions.. it will further nurture the shy playstyle of the CC meta.

This is a singularly unconvincing argument. No one is going to change what they're up to in this game because it has some downstream effects on the CC metagame, so this comment is distracting at best.

Also I dare any scum to try to NK mitch. Go ahead try it.

Compounding one mistake with another?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:51 am

Sorry everyone, been involved in a large tournament (off of CC) since Thursday. I plan to play catch up tomorrow with a vote count.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:25 am

than say you don't like the reasoning on the Sam FOS. Don't make up some imaginary connection to Aage s that doesn't exist. Pretty much every example o can think of with someone advising another player not to role fish was when the person doing so was new.

"So the doc can protect him" is the flimsiest excuse for role fishing ever. Addressing it is a waste of town time.

Buj's attempt to call a robin egg, a wren egg is not winning me over.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Samlen on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:44 am

aage wrote:This is why I refrained from mentioning any details as well, I appreciate your kindred spirit. Although honestly, you guys aren't missing much. All I know is the item's name, nothing else. Samlen, what are your thoughts on the fact that nobody 'claimed' to have taken and/or used the item yet?

It could mean anything tbh, just don't have enough information. If it's valuable then noone would want to reveal they have it until it's used. If it's detrimental then I would have expected them to say something by now. Unless they aren't allowed to speak about it. I think all we can conclude is that it doesn't do nothing.

The case on buj isn't strong but there's also nothing strong to go on. We could press for a roleclaim, but he could literally be anything and make up anything so we can't judge scumminess based off of his claim unless he claims cow and the night scene has a cow murdering someone.

strike wolf wrote:
how Aage s post reads: You're scummy and this is why you're scummy. I'm voting for you.

How Sam's post reads: Hey buddy. Please don't role fish. K. Thx. Sincerely, your bestest scum buddy.

I just tend to not be aggressive. Dunno what else to say \o/
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby benga on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:02 am

BuJaber wrote:
it will further nurture the shy playstyle of the CC meta.

so you don't like to play shy but urge dakky to keep quiet?

DirtyDishSoap wrote: Like how I think people are lurking and we should pay attention to that (Like how Benga is more active after prodding). It's not normal for a player like Benga to disappear for a lengthy period, considering he's one of our most active users in Mafia. Basically, I'm saying BuJaber, while he has his stance with Mitch, and the defense of Pika (and mine in turn with Mandy), I think he's misplaced with going after Mitch rather than anyone else. Does that make sense? There's a method to my madness folks.

I am hardly the most active player, I can be active at some points
and still not sure how Bu going after mitch is misplaced, why is that different than him defending Pika[/color]
Sergeant benga

Postby Skittles! on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:15 am

IMO anyone trying to role fish based on the scene on day TWO is incredibly silly. Not enough to vote for, but man let people get more info before they reveal themselves. Mafia lasts ages, if you have a role that collects info, the best way to use your role is to create a network of info before revealing it to anyone and playing the game in a way where you don't seem like a huge threat to scum so they don't off you. Basic 101 of mafia.

In saying that, I'm suss of Bujaber and also those who jumped on him. Especially as it was so quick and I would say at least 1 of them are scum, and at least 1 person defending bujaber is scum.

I'm not being the most active of players rn but I really don't have much to add. Just absorbing the info and inputting where I think I need to. If you've played with me before you know this is how I play.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:16 am

Maybe I'll regret saying it, but the whole mitch is mitch deal and blah blah blah.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:30 am

Skittles! wrote:IMO anyone trying to role fish based on the scene on day TWO is incredibly silly. Not enough to vote for, but man let people get more info before they reveal themselves. Mafia lasts ages, if you have a role that collects info, the best way to use your role is to create a network of info before revealing it to anyone and playing the game in a way where you don't seem like a huge threat to scum so they don't off you. Basic 101 of mafia.

This times 100x.

Skittles! wrote:In saying that, I'm suss of Bujaber and also those who jumped on him. Especially as it was so quick and I would say at least 1 of them are scum, and at least 1 person defending bujaber is scum.

I'll relent the whole misplaced argument and say that his wishy washy voting, and switching between people constantly (Of course after I tried defending the Mitch thing...And he switches...Again), is really suspect from me.

BuJaber wrote:Anyway I'll Vote mitch for my super awesome meta read. He always votes in the same way as scum. (With an underlying tone of anger and intimidation)

Posted on the 1st.

BuJaber wrote:Some people clearly don't want to talk. They either don't care, have reason to hide, or they benefit from the lack of direction among us.
I say we zero in on the inactives. We either get a lynch or more activity up in here. Worked with benga.

Going down the list: strike's last post was 5 days ago.

Unvote vote strike wolf.

Posted on the 4th. Even then, it didn't make much sense in my book to go after Strike.

BuJaber wrote:My bad. Missed the post on page 20. Unvote. Vote Samlen. (Last post 6 days ago).

Switched vote on the 5th.

I think this is the biggest indicator we were given lately, so I'll side with Mandy on this and go to the Dark Side for cookies.
Unvote Vote BuJaber
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:31 am

God damn quote/color fail, kill me
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby BuJaber on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:34 am

benga wrote:
BuJaber wrote:

First of all it's mitch, not dakky. Easy mistake to make :roll: 2nd Not playing shy has nothing to do with mitch shutting up. You can hide sensitive info about your role/others' roles and still not be playing shyly. I haven't revealed any info about anyone yet and I am not being shy with my apparoach to scum hunting for example. Playing shy is basically the attitude that nobody should reveal anything unless they are at L-2, and that nobody should come up with crazy ideas that town can discuss. Also and this is the biggest one it is always labelled scummy when anyone claims anything before being prompted but they are still chastising me for prompting someone to reveal something about the candle. Can't have it both ways. These atttitudes are wrong but town wins some of these game so people continue to play with the same strategy.

If you must know the candle I don't care about much; there may or may not be something there. I am interested in the aura. And since none of you has said anything about either then I assume that none of the posters so far are relevant to my line of questioning. Or you feel that you can't. Which is fine even without any responses these last few posts are by far the most productive thing we've done since the game started.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:43 am

BuJaber wrote:
benga wrote:
BuJaber wrote:

First of all it's mitch, not dakky. Easy mistake to make :roll: 2nd Not playing shy has nothing to do with mitch shutting up. You can hide sensitive info about your role/others' roles and still not be playing shyly. I haven't revealed any info about anyone yet and I am not being shy with my apparoach to scum hunting for example. Playing shy is basically the attitude that nobody should reveal anything unless they are at L-2, and that nobody should come up with crazy ideas that town can discuss. Also and this is the biggest one it is always labelled scummy when anyone claims anything before being prompted but they are still chastising me for prompting someone to reveal something about the candle. Can't have it both ways. These atttitudes are wrong but town wins some of these game so people continue to play with the same strategy.

If you must know the candle I don't care about much; there may or may not be something there. I am interested in the aura. And since none of you has said anything about either then I assume that none of the posters so far are relevant to my line of questioning. Or you feel that you can't. Which is fine even without any responses these last few posts are by far the most productive thing we've done since the game started.

EBWOP Messed up benga's quote.

Skittles! wrote:IMO anyone trying to role fish based on the scene on day TWO is incredibly silly. Not enough to vote for, but man let people get more info before they reveal themselves. Mafia lasts ages, if you have a role that collects info, the best way to use your role is to create a network of info before revealing it to anyone and playing the game in a way where you don't seem like a huge threat to scum so they don't off you. Basic 101 of mafia.

In saying that, I'm suss of Bujaber and also those who jumped on him. Especially as it was so quick and I would say at least 1 of them are scum, and at least 1 person defending bujaber is scum.

I'm not being the most active of players rn but I really don't have much to add. Just absorbing the info and inputting where I think I need to. If you've played with me before you know this is how I play.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, and also looking at everything in front of you. Sometimes it isn't the elephant in the room but the mouse in the corner.

Someone else will have to analyze which scum jumped on the bandwagon. I can't do it objectively. And scum defending would be the one that is trying to sound like they don't know my alignment. Plus we can be sure that at least one scum hasn't posted yet after. So that's 1/3 voters to analyze (I guess 1/4 now after DDS voted), 1/3 defenders (though skittles post isn't really a defense), and 1+/8 of the remainder.
Major BuJaber

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:14 am

I don't care that much about the candle and I don't think the others do either. It was you indirectly fishing around about the aura that mostly got my attention
The candle adds to the case but is quite weak in comparison.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

This times 100x.

Skittles! wrote:In saying that, I'm suss of Bujaber and also those who jumped on him. Especially as it was so quick and I would say at least 1 of them are scum, and at least 1 person defending bujaber is scum.

I'll relent the whole misplaced argument and say that his wishy washy voting, and switching between people constantly (Of course after I tried defending the Mitch thing...And he switches...Again), is really suspect from me.

BuJaber wrote:Anyway I'll Vote mitch for my super awesome meta read. He always votes in the same way as scum. (With an underlying tone of anger and intimidation)

Posted on the 1st.

BuJaber wrote:Some people clearly don't want to talk. They either don't care, have reason to hide, or they benefit from the lack of direction among us.
I say we zero in on the inactives. We either get a lynch or more activity up in here. Worked with benga.

Going down the list: strike's last post was 5 days ago.

Unvote vote strike wolf.

Posted on the 4th. Even then, it didn't make much sense in my book to go after Strike.

BuJaber wrote:My bad. Missed the post on page 20. Unvote. Vote Samlen. (Last post 6 days ago).

Switched vote on the 5th.

I think this is the biggest indicator we were given lately, so I'll side with Mandy on this and go to the Dark Side for cookies.
Unvote Vote BuJaber

I don't follow. What is it about these vote switches that is leading you to vote for BuJ?

Postby BuJaber on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 pm

strike wolf wrote:I don't care that much about the candle and I don't think the others do either. It was you indirectly fishing around about the aura that mostly got my attention
The candle adds to the case but is quite weak in comparison.

Okay this ended up being a colossal fail and I doubt any scum would fall for it now so I might as well confess that I was behind the aura. It's a one-time protective shield that blocks everything. Looks like it paid off because there were no kills. I was baiting scum into saying something about it or downright claiming they're behind it, and they'd be caught in a lie. Asked about the candle because it would make it look like I wasn't just interested in the aura. Also because that doesn't sound like the result of a particular action so it might be some free info somebody got from the mod or another player.

Anyway didn't work quite as planned but still narrows down the pool of lynch candidates considerably.

Of the commentors Benga seems the scummiest to me at the moment. After some inactivity he comes back with an almost empty post and neither votes for me nor argues against voting. Reads like someone afraid of committing.

Unvote Vote Benga
Major BuJaber

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Vote Count:

Bujaber: mandalorian2298, aage, Pikanchion, strike wolf, dirtydishsoap(5) L-3
benga: Bujaber (1)
Skittles!: Skoffin (1)

Not voting:
With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

I'm generally happy with everyone here with the PR, you either trying your hardest, or you correct it immediately. Minus one person.

Pikanchion, I understand you dislike the PR (Hardly anyone likes it), but I don't appreciate that you're rebelling against it and trying to tiptoe around it. You can either follow it to its core, or I can do one of 2 things.

I can replace you or modkill you. If town would want a replacement, I'll try to find a replacement. If they're impassive, I'll do a modkill.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I originally thought that BuJ was possibly looking for a specific thing here because he might have had information related to the candle. But that seems like it's probably not the case after his latest post.

Well, I was half right.

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I originally thought that BuJ was possibly looking for a specific thing here because he might have had information related to the candle. But that seems like it's probably not the case after his latest post.

Well, I was half right.

you were half right that he was looking for something. He was looking for town's aura wielder to slip and reveal himself. I'll save our real protector from having to counter claim. I know 100% that Buj is lying (ill explain if i need to) and if I'm wrong you can kill me tonight or lynch me tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I don't follow. What is it about these vote switches that is leading you to vote for BuJ?

It's inconsistent and it doesn't make sense, there's almost no explanation why he kept changing votes, which I'm trying to point out. I figured he was going for Mitch for something of actual relevancy, but then he switches to Strike for really no reason, and then again to Samlen, whom I thought were relatively active in the game. It just didn't seem right. I did screw up the quote/code in that, makes it look like a mess.
That and I didn't highlight his votes because of pure laziness.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby aage on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:42 pm

BuJaber wrote:Okay this ended up being a colossal fail and I doubt any scum would fall for it now so I might as well confess that I was behind the aura. It's a one-time protective shield that blocks everything.

Define "everything".
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:43 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Well, I was half right.

you were half right that he was looking for something. He was looking for town's aura wielder to slip and reveal himself. I'll save our real protector from having to counter claim. I know 100% that Buj is lying (ill explain if i need to) and if I'm wrong you can kill me tonight or lynch me tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

I'm perfectly happy with lynching BuJ if you say he's lying about being behind the shield.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:48 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Well, I was half right.

I think you do either need to explain or the real aura wielder needs to counter claim. I can't take your word alone on this.

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Well, I was half right.

I think you do either need to explain or the real aura wielder needs to counter claim. I can't take your word alone on this.

To clarify, the reason I'm asking is that I don't want us to get into the situation where you ended up being wrong due to incomplete information, and then we're forced to decide whether we want to lynch you anyway, even though you might be town and still worth having around.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives