Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [15/16] D2 [Oh silent Night]

Postby benga on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 pm

if there are gifts going around he didn't block everything

vote Buj
Sergeant benga

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Vote Count:

Bujaber: mandalorian2298, aage, Pikanchion, strike wolf, dirtydishsoap, benga(6) L-2
benga: Bujaber (1)
Skittles!: Skoffin (1)

Not voting: thorthoth, Skittles!, madmitch, samlen, HotShot53, kwanton, metsfanmax

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. No Deadline set.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I think you do either need to explain or the real aura wielder needs to counter claim. I can't take your word alone on this.

Yes, this Bujaber vs. strike wolf inconsistency is now the main point of interest and the current crux of today's lynch.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby kwanton on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm

BuJaber wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I don't care that much about the candle and I don't think the others do either. It was you indirectly fishing around about the aura that mostly got my attention
The candle adds to the case but is quite weak in comparison.

Okay this ended up being a colossal fail and I doubt any scum would fall for it now so I might as well confess that I was behind the aura. It's a one-time protective shield that blocks everything. Looks like it paid off because there were no kills. I was baiting scum into saying something about it or downright claiming they're behind it, and they'd be caught in a lie. Asked about the candle because it would make it look like I wasn't just interested in the aura. Also because that doesn't sound like the result of a particular action so it might be some free info somebody got from the mod or another player.

Anyway didn't work quite as planned but still narrows down the pool of lynch candidates considerably.

Unvote Vote Benga

Yeah. This makes absolutely no sense. Why would you even attempt this? No scum would claim to be the aura for no reason, under no pressure and on day two. Just because you asked for more info on it. I know you have experience playing mafia and I just can't believe you thought that would work.

At this point I'm starting to think that you think that you'll probably be lynched and you want to use your death to get a town power role to out themselves.

On one hand I want Strike Wolf to verify why he knows you're lying, but on the other hand this could just be a ploy to get someone like strik wolf to claim.

Staying unvoted for now since lynch is so close, but I don't mind putting my vote on if no one has any further discussion to add.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:48 pm

strike wolf wrote:you were half right that he was looking for something. He was looking for town's aura wielder to slip and reveal himself. I'll save our real protector from having to counter claim. I know 100% that Buj is lying (ill explain if i need to) and if I'm wrong you can kill me tonight or lynch me tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

strike, the way you say it makes it sound like it won't be a big problem if you explain... It would be nice to understand,
However, if you think that explaining will somehow jeopardize town, then maybe hold off and just semi-explain.
BuJaber, seems to be digging a hole for himself anyway...

Still, we need to resolve this contradiction.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:06 pm

I want to hear clarification on this
aage wrote:
BuJaber wrote:Okay this ended up being a colossal fail and I doubt any scum would fall for it now so I might as well confess that I was behind the aura. It's a one-time protective shield that blocks everything.

Define "everything".
before strike wolf explains their reasoning, although hopefully
strike wolf wrote:I know 100% that Buj is lying
means it isn't something based purely on semantics...
Private Pikanchion

Postby BuJaber on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Lying about something like this is a sure-fire way of getting lynched. I cannot be counter-claimed because I was behind it. No idea what strike thinks he knows.

As for 'everything' that is how I understood the ability. A global roleblock. It should have blocked all kills town/scum but also all actions. It is clear though that some actions aren't affected though. But as far as I can tell any negative abilities were blocked so there's that. Maybe that's why it was described as protective in the scene. But in the PM it was called global roleblock.

Everything ought to make sense because now you know all the steps of my plan.
You're insulting my acting ability if you don't think I can pull it off. You're insulting my intelligence if you think I'd dig myself out of a lynch by lying. That makes no sense. You can't use the argument 'he knows better not to' and still say I did this. Make up your mind either I'm an idiot or I'm not.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Strike you should know me claiming to be behind the aura isn't me claiming to be doctor or jailor or some standard role like that, we may have those roles among us. I'm a separate role with a one-time global roleblock ability. I may or may not have other action(s). Seems to me like maybe you're jumping to conclusions about what I'm saying.

Major BuJaber

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:48 am

BuJaber wrote:Strike you should know me claiming to be behind the aura isn't me claiming to be doctor or jailor or some standard role like that, we may have those roles among us. I'm a separate role with a one-time global roleblock ability. I may or may not have other action(s). Seems to me like maybe you're jumping to conclusions about what I'm saying.

Why did you choose to use your action on N1?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:49 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
BuJaber wrote:Strike you should know me claiming to be behind the aura isn't me claiming to be doctor or jailor or some standard role like that, we may have those roles among us. I'm a separate role with a one-time global roleblock ability. I may or may not have other action(s). Seems to me like maybe you're jumping to conclusions about what I'm saying.

Why did you choose to use your action on N1?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby BuJaber on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:13 am

It's the night with the most confusion and least info. We could have easily lost another 2 townies or maybe more (depending on how many kill abilities we have). We already lost dakky.

Also I only have it one time. I tend to attract attention and didn't want to be lynched or killed before using it. Was that selfish? I'd rather get some use out of it than risk not getting a chance to use it at all (either by death or the action failing). Also I didn't think anyone would block or kill me during N1 so it probably wouldn't have failed.

I admit also that a part of me wanted to stick it to the people who lynched dakky. That one was selfish. Anyway if you can truly honestly think it was a bad time to use it or you truly think I'm lying then lynch me. I'll do better next time. I am a firm believer that if someone played badly and ended up being lynched then they deserved it. So for example yeah I criticised the dakky lynch but he's not blameless either. But I can still feel angry that I couldn't stop it.

Major BuJaber

Postby Skoffin on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:29 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Maybe I'll regret saying it, but the whole mitch is mitch deal and blah blah blah.

I don't think Buj is scum.

Skittles is scum.

Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:47 am

Skoffin wrote:I don't think Buj is scum.

Skittles is scum.

Care to give a reason? =P
Private Pikanchion

Postby Skittles! on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:59 am

This whole thing with Buj is fucking confusing. Why would you use such a powerful ability on the first night which has caused town to have NO extra knowledge going into the game? Yes, you saved 1 or 2 people, but at the cost of letting people investigate, roleblock, etc. etc. I think Night 2 would have been a much better night to use your ability. But that's just me.

I'm also iffy about Strike's confidence. If Buj says that he blocks EVERYTHING, and Strike managed to cast his action, then obviously Buj is either lying or TFO fucked up somehow.

Skoffin wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:[color=#FF0000]Maybe I'll regret saying it, but the whole mitch is mitch deal and blah blah blah.

I don't think Buj is scum.

Skittles is scum.

Get off my dick yo, what did I do to you
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby BuJaber on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:18 am

Skittles! wrote:
I'm also iffy about Strike's confidence. If Buj says that he blocks EVERYTHING, and Strike managed to cast his action, then obviously Buj is either lying or TFO fucked up somehow.

Or strike is lying or my ability is not as powerful as I thought and I should get a refund.
Major BuJaber

Postby aage on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 am

Mandy had dinner with a "crier". An item was offered to Samlen and me. Something or someone is making us obey a post restriction. You didn't block everything.

If Strike is telling the truth he wouldn't stake his life on an uncertainty. If he says he knows, he knows. I highly doubt a scum Strike would sacrifice himself to get rid of a one-of global shield,
but if BuJ flips town he obviously is next on the chopping block. I don't expect that'll happen, though.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Skoffin on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 am

Pikanchion wrote:

Skittles is scum.

First reason: I'll wager actual real money that Skittles gave my name as a character option and he gave some dumb bio like "I am Skoffin. omg I hate everyone. I hate everything. I'm always grumpy and tired,
I hope everyone dies omg get away from me" and he was made a SK or someshit. If he did not do that then I don't even know him and I'll eat my hat.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:15 am

So I think we need some elaboration from Strike on calling out Buj, and we should also hear an explanation from Skoffin why she thinks Skittles is scum.

My vote will remain, however, I still do not like the wishy washy voting that Buj was going on about earlier. I still think that is the strongest scum tell we've had all day long.

FPed:
So gut feelings? f*ck outta here with that weak crap, we ain't got time for dat! Nothing indicates that Skittles is scum you hobo, go eat your underwear while you're at it.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skittles! on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:35 am

Skoffin wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:

Skittles is scum.

First reason: I'll wager actual real money that Skittles gave my name as a character option and he gave some dumb bio like "I am Skoffin. omg I hate everyone. I hate everything. I'm always grumpy and tired,
I hope everyone dies omg get away from me" and he was made a SK or someshit. If he did not do that then I don't even know him and I'll eat my hat.

you're a fucking scrublord. just cause im drinking coke and no water
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:36 am

Skittles! wrote:
Skoffin wrote:
Pikanchion wrote:

Skittles is scum.

you're a fucking scrublord. just cause im drinking coke and no water

f*ck this stupid PR shit
Private Skittles!

Postby Samlen on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:55 am

I don't believe buj. Too many actions seemed to have gotten through for a supposed global roleblock. That said, I don't want the day to end yet since not everyone has weighed in on this , but i'll vote for him within 2 days if nothing else happens.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby BuJaber on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 am

Exactly. Mod is a tease for doing this to me. Nobody counter claimed nobody will counter claim nobody will use shield again, nobody will trust global abilities given out by TFO. :P

Major BuJaber

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:00 am

@ Bujaber , sure blame the Mod , nothing scummy about that, VOTE BUJ
Cadet madmitch

Postby kwanton on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am

That's buj at lynch - 1. Sam already said he'd hammer in 2 days (I'll do it if he doesn't). Does anyone have anything else to add? It seems we're set on this, but since we have no deadline, we should make use of the time we have before night starts.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:39 am

Sorry meant to get on Tuesday night and just didn't have time yesterday. In short, I know Buj isn't responsible for the aura because my ability let me know who is the aura weilder. To explain, I started this game as third party but my role allows me to 'shadow' one person and take on their alignment. The plus side to this is I learn their role (also not being a survivor is a bonus), the down side is if they die, I die (but if I die, they still live). The person I am connected to did not know who I was until this moment as they had only been told that they had a 'sidekick'.

I'll explain a little bit more. The aura has nothing to do with role blocking. It's a limited use doc save that provides a 50/50 shot at protecting everyone. Admittedly my ability does not let me know if they used their ability or not but considering we have reasonable evidence of multiple abilities getting through (Who ever targeted Mitch, the dinner, the mysterious 'gift giver' who visited both Aage and Sam if no one else, this Post Restriction with the red text) it seems clear to me there was no all block going on last night.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives