Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [15/16] D2 [Oh silent Night]

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:15 am

Fascinating. A well-told tale, HS.
So you are latched onto a doc for the rest of the game? I'm presuming this doc can use his power ever night?
If so that is awesome. Scums NKs will be slowed down by half!

Of course that means scum wants to find out who this aura caster is, asap.
I do hope there is no way for them to track him down through you, HR...

SO yea, Buj is looking a scummy as heck. If it's a hammer, I'm willing to do the honors: Unvote. Vote Bujaber.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 am

it's limited use. I don't want to say more than that. Also watch your color. I think you've slipped twice now.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby BuJaber on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Then we are talking about 2 different things. I definitely don't have a sidekick nor did my role say anything about that. I guess my roleblocking failed. Must mean someone watched me do it. That was the only way it could be stopped. I assumed the aura was my global roleblock. This explains a lot actually.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Just in case it actually is too late to stop the lynch I wanna say a few things.

An observation I've had for the past few games I've played: I don't intend to be mean by saying this but there are a lot of you here that tend to be hypocritical and give people a 'pass' on things just because they are well-liked or have been around here for a long time.
Strike is a great guy and player; not trying to say anything negative about him personally, but if you just picture any of the newer guys posting something like "I'm 100% sure x is lying" y'all would have been all over them to come out with it and explain. None of you would take it seriously if say thor or me or Jawa or even mitch said something like that, and I find it appalling that someone can be lynched based largely on that before the poster even came back to explain. Regardless of what happens in this game, that is something that needs to be addressed for future games. We should all be our biggest critics: just think about it, how much is your emotion playing into it when you judge scumminess. A trick is to read posts fully first and analyze them before looking at who posted them.

Also aage, DDS, and Thor are looking so incredibly scummy right now. Thor being the pot calling the kettle black at the end there is absolute gold.
People who attempted to be the voice of objectivity and reason by debating against the lynch.. I hope your efforts are not in vain and the mod allows unvoting before the scene.
Major BuJaber

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:19 pm

BuJaber wrote:Just in case it actually is too late to stop the lynch I wanna say a few things.

An observation I've had for the past few games I've played: I don't intend to be mean by saying this but there are a lot of you here that tend to be hypocritical and give people a 'pass' on things just because they are well-liked or have been around here for a long time.
Strike is a great guy and player; not trying to say anything negative about him personally, but if you just picture any of the newer guys posting something like "I'm 100% sure x is lying" y'all would have been all over them to come out with it and explain. None of you would take it seriously if say thor or me or Jawa or even mitch said something like that, ... Regardless of what happens in this game, that is something that needs to be addressed for future games. We should all be our biggest critics: just think about it, how much is your emotion playing into it when you judge scumminess. A trick is to read posts fully first and analyze them before looking at who posted them.

Why is this a problem? It would be silly of us to disregard things we know about other players. Also I think you're overstating the case; most people would have been on board regardless of who said it, because in these cases the usual situation is at least one of the two people is scum, and almost everyone would trade one town for one scum, regardless of what the town role is. (To be clear, I wasn't willing to jump on board with strike because I wasn't sure he could be 100% correct, but if I had trusted his statement on that, I too would gladly make a trade that involved one guaranteed scum lynch between today and tomorrow.)

And even if it's wrong of us to take into account things we know about players, this hardly has anything to do with emotion. To the extent that I trust or distrust strike based on his past playing experience, it is dispassionate.

and I find it appalling that someone can be lynched based largely on that before the poster even came back to explain.

Thor didn't hammer until after strike explained.

People who attempted to be the voice of objectivity and reason by debating against the lynch.. I hope your efforts are not in vain and the mod allows unvoting before the scene.

No, that's not how it works here. You've been lynched.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Vote Count:

Bujaber: mandalorian2298, aage, Pikanchion, strike wolf, dirtydishsoap, benga, madmitch, Thorthoth(6) LYNCH
benga: Bujaber (1)
Skittles!: Skoffin (1)

Not voting: Skittles!, samlen, HotShot53, kwanton, metsfanmax

That is a lynch! Scene to come.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby BuJaber on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:50 pm

You're missing the point. It's not about knowing strike or not. It's not about the actual hammer. Several people were motivated to vote based purely on strike's statement. Players normally are expected to produce some sort of evidence to backup it up. Why is that sometimes ignored and sometimes isn't? The inconsistency is what makes this less about skill and strategy and more about dumb luck.

For example look at ragian in the hobbit game. He questioned even the smallest claims. He asked people to follow up, explain, remove any ambiguity. Where was that behavior here?

BTW yes it just so happened that I am scum for the first time in CC :) and this game is clearly OP in favor of town and that will become apparent as the game progresses.

Have fun everyone.. stay awesome! BTW if my scum buddy(ies) do pull it off then they deserve amazing kudos for overcoming the imbalance and CC credits even though it's not an official game.
Major BuJaber

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:45 am

Yikes, I'm truly sorry for screwing up my font color earlier... and I also think I was supposed to bold my Vote...

Just in case:
Unvote. Vote Bujaber. I'm glad this day is over, I'm sick of seeing red, I don't know whow Skoff does it...
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 am

Also, I called strike wolf 'HR' earlier... I don't know how I go that wire crossed... Three simultaneous mafia games must be my limit.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Skittles! on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 am

Bujaber just because people believed Strike doesn't mean it's because he's been at this site playing mafia for a long time. It was more believable because the past day has shown that you are all over the place and your arguments are not centred around one thing. You literally put yourself in the middle of the conversation and made everyone scrutinise you, for no gain for yourself. You put yourself in defence of Dakky on Day 1 for literally NO reason after I called his play dumb, making me doubt you because you decided to pretended to care about a vanilla townie. No one cares about VT's. They're the second or third best thing to lynch on Day 1 if you can't get Scum or Third Party. You made a claim of an action that was literally disproved straight away because how did Mandy have dinner with a Crier or how did the Oracle do anything?

Think of your own plays before saying it is because this community instantly believes a longtime member over a newer player.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Re: CYOC #5 [16/16] D1 [Insert Town Name Here]

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:22 am

Reminder:

TheForgivenOne wrote:Idle chatter is fine, no game discussion though.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:27 am

I don't agree with the whole VT being the best lynch or a Day 1 lynch for that matter (I'm a dickhead), it should be scum tells or whomever is acting suspiciously. But the issue with you, Buj, was basically what Skittles had said. You drew waaaay too much attention to yourself with the voting and near nil with reasons as to why you had voted for x. The biggest scum tell that I saw for me was the constant changing of votes within only a days time. I don't believe any townie would play that way.

Anywho, the days technically over so I'm assuming the PR is done and gone with also. If we have another PR like this, I'll drink bleach.

FPed. Mets: Go be a party pooper somewhere else damnit.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Re: CYOC #5 [16/16] D1 [Insert Town Name Here]

Postby Skittles! on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:21 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Reminder:

TheForgivenOne wrote:Idle chatter is fine, no game discussion though.

Trying to tel me what to do huh scrub
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby BuJaber on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:28 am

Skittles! wrote:Bujaber just because people believed Strike doesn't mean it's because he's been at this site playing mafia for a long time. It was more believable because the past day has shown that you are all over the place and your arguments are not centred around one thing. You literally put yourself in the middle of the conversation and made everyone scrutinise you, for no gain for yourself. You put yourself in defence of Dakky on Day 1 for literally NO reason after I called his play dumb, making me doubt you because you decided to pretended to care about a vanilla townie. No one cares about VT's. They're the second or third best thing to lynch on Day 1 if you can't get Scum or Third Party. You made a claim of an action that was literally disproved straight away because how did Mandy have dinner with a Crier or how did the Oracle do anything?

Think of your own plays before saying it is because this community instantly believes a longtime member over a newer player.

I cannot respond because I am dead :) We'll talk after.

Just in case anyone misinterprets me nothing I said was meant personally against anyone. Being introduced to CC mafia and all of you has been the best. I don't know how I come across in text but just because I have issues with some plays that get repeated game after game does not mean I have issues with any player.
Major BuJaber

Postby Skoffin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:14 pm

I, however, have issues with all of you.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 am

An audible groan was heard throughout town. "You mean I have to speak like SKOFFIN?" A majority of the town muttered. "All y'all have to speak like me? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE" one person particular yelled in anger. The town muttered and bickered amongst themselves, unsure what to think of this weird anonymous voice that everyone kept hearing throughout the town. Was Fircoal trying to speak from beyond the dead? They sure as hell hoped not. If Fircoal was speaking from beyond the dead, that means he could get resurrected. And if that happens, he might bring all those damn buizels along with him.

Halfway through the day one of the members stepped forward, claiming to the town that HE had been the one that caused that magical green aura! "I used it to roleblock all of town!" He exclaimed. A few people nodded in agreement at first.. only to have more and more people step forward, calling him out as they exclaimed that their actions seemed to go through. In the end, one member stepped up, claiming to have shadowed him the night prior. He told everyone that there was no way that this roleblock went through.

The town greedily jumped upon this revelation, dragging Thrall along the town square, up to the almighty statue of the Great Fircoal, slowly strung him up, and hung him.

BuJaber, Thrall, Mafia Influencer, has been lynched!

Night 2 has begun. You have 72 hours to get your actions to me.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: CYOC #5 [14/16] N2 [Guardian No more]

Postby strike wolf on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 am

Okay. When i said the mod should modkill himself for violating the PR, I didn't think he would take it seriously.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 pm

strike wolf wrote:Okay. When i said the mod should modkill himself for violating the PR, I didn't think he would take it seriously.

Well, you learned your lesson.

I also happened to get assaulted by many Potatoes.

Hopefully I have D3 up by tonight.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Like this?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:43 pm

I was reminded that I was in this game... I was away on vacation last week and busy with work before I could go on vacation before that, and forgot about this game... unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm going to have time to put in as much effort as I should here going forward either, so I have asked the mod if I could be replaced even though I was a replacement. Sorry for not being any more active than the guy I replaced lol.
Major HotShot53

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Ragian has replaced HotShot53
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:30 pm

''The night is long that never finds the day''.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 am

The sound of the creaking bodies hanging from the Statue of the Chu. The town slept for a nice long time, making sure they were all nice and rested for the next day. No way that the mod had killed himself the previous day. clearly wasn't an option. During the night, the Guy Fieri had just finished his TV show, glad to finally be done cooking for the townsfolk of [Insert Town Name Here], Just after the town had finished hanging up Thrall, Guy started to walk home, happy with the date he had set up with those two kind folks on a nice dinner date... although that room always seemed to be so dim. Maybe he should have put in a better light bulb? He was deep in thought when he finally heard the footsteps coming up behind him. He turned around, just in time for two gunshots to ring through the town. His body dropped to the ground with a loud thud. Town ran up to the fallen celebrity, devastated by the death of their local celebrity.

kwanton, Guy Fieri, Town Chef has been killed!

As morning came along, the townsfolk started to gather again until they heard a loud scream ring through town. Everyone rushed over to the source of the scream, unsure why someone was screaming so early in the morning. Hadn't there already been a kill? As they stumbled upon the scene, they found the elderly Japanese man from the edge of town, bent over in front of his own house... with his own Katana pushed through his stomach, in an apparent suicide... But why? What could it mean? After a closer inspection... they realized.. he wasn't the simple old man they thought he was...

dirtydishsoap, Shinobu Tsukasa, Mafia Yakuza has been killed!

Day 3 has begun. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

POST RESTRICTION: ALL POSTS MUST END WITH A RHYMING COUPLET. For example, "I saw a little hermit crab, His coloring was oh so drab"
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: CYOC #5 [12/16] D3 [No more fancy suppers for y'all]

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:54 am

Whoever came up with this and the last PR
Is pretty fucking bizarre

Re: CYOC #5 [12/16] D3 [No more fancy suppers for y'all]

Postby Ragian on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:06 am

I was thinking, "Happy days," reading the scene. That was only because I didn't know what a Yakuza was. The scene says apparent suicide, which means, as I understood the role from this link, that someone has been converted to mafia. Right? Has anyone actually played with such a role before? So, we've lost two townies. Or a 3rd party, perhaps? It just says "that person". It's not limited.

Anyway, hi guys and doll. Apparently, I'm taking over from hotshot who took over from TheWeirdOne. While some of you might have thought that the night was long, I relished the option of having time to look through the thread. Then I found 25 pages of misdirection (might be overstating that). I started drifting whenever someone tried figuring out who the oracles are (or whatever that is), I must admit.

Uhh, gotta go teach students about the English language now. I'll be back later today. Happy to join!

Do not wait on the edge of your seat
Lest you turn into dead, dead meat
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives