Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [15/16] D2 [Oh silent Night]

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:04 am

OK, despite the fact that it sits ill with me to do anything based on double-sensed palter of juggling fiendish Voices, Strike's and Benga make too much sense for me to ignore.
unvote
FOS Pika

I'm keeping a suspicious eye on Pika, because his erratic behaviour throughout Day 2 and his vote on me at the most illogical moment for voting me, remain unexplained.

With Pika temporarily off the hook, I turn my attention to Bujaber, who has defended Pika quite excessively. If Pika is indeed Town, Bujaber might have expected me to go full on stubborn psycho and positioning himself to enter the Day 3 "Mandy is an idiot, again" bandwagon at the ground floor (it would have been a multistoried wagon, with a lift :) ).

vote Bujaber
Almost-Darth DDS, what say YOU about Strike's and Benga's train of thought?
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:31 am

I'll stick with my idea behind Benga/Pika, I think BuJaber is misplaced if anything.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby BuJaber on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:39 am

So you need 3 people to say the same thing for it to register? Got it. :P :P
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:40 am

BuJaber wrote:So you need 3 people to say the same thing for it to register? Got it. :P :P

I'm guessing 3 EBWOP's is too much. I would think so if I were mod. Consider myself warned.
Major BuJaber

Postby benga on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:14 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote: I think BuJaber is misplaced if anything.

why ?
Sergeant benga

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:12 pm

benga wrote:

why ?

Why what? Be more specific. Why I think he's misplaced in his stance?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:30 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
benga wrote:

why ?

No DDS, just explain what you meant by 'misplaced'. Constant vagueness and denial just slows the game thread to a standstill.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Skoffin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:49 am

PEWPEWPEW SUPERHERO SKOFF HERE TO SAVE THE DAY! PEWPEWPEW!|

I'm going to advise the novel idea that we ignore the oracle and literally do anything else right now

Here is my nifty theory why!
1. We literally can't do anything with the information yet. Will they have another set of 'investigations' tomorrow? that we can compare to? I so we should ignore the voices today and make sense of them tomorrow when we have more info to make it useful.
2. Is there an even Oracle? Could it just be a Crier fucking with us? The Crier can be on any side.
Which leads to
3. There could even be two criers? A scum crier could be dicking us around and trying to make us mislynch
(also don't discount the possibility that a town crier could be doing it, because half the people here are trolls)

Regardless, our best course is to ignore the oracle shit today and see what happens with it tomorrow.

Skittles! wrote:I don't know what Skoffin's alignment is but I never really know what her alignment is.

What is this madness? you literally catch me every time I'm scum. Why do you lie to me?!

UNVOTE VOTE SKITTLES
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:29 am

Thorthoth wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
benga wrote:

why ?

No DDS, just explain what you meant by 'misplaced'. Constant vagueness and denial just slows the game thread to a standstill.

Misplaced stance, misplayed argument. IE: Mandy's misplaced sanity in Lion King (Yeah I went there).

I don't think the voices and folks attempting to make sense of it are alignment indicative, other than pursuing people whom I believe are town. Pika pressuring Mandy to me is scummy. BuJaber defending Pika in terms of trying to dissuade others from pursuing this Pika/Mandy deadlock atm, isn't really defending, but diverting to what is possibly a more serious issue that he see's. Like how I think people are lurking and we should pay attention to that (Like how Benga is more active after prodding). It's not normal for a player like Benga to disappear for a lengthy period, considering he's one of our most active users in Mafia. Basically, I'm saying BuJaber, while he has his stance with Mitch, and the defense of Pika (and mine in turn with Mandy), I think he's misplaced with going after Mitch rather than anyone else. Does that make sense? There's a method to my madness folks.

PS. This red is really killing my eyes, can we hurry up and get this day over with, before my brain has a hemorrhage?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby aage on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:14 am

Skoffin wrote: PEWPEWPEW SUPERHERO SKOFF HERE TO SAVE THE DAY! PEWPEWPEW!|

I'm going to advise the novel idea that we ignore the oracle and literally do anything else right now

Here is my nifty theory why!
1. We literally can't do anything with the information yet. Will they have another set of 'investigations' tomorrow? that we can compare to? I so we should ignore the voices today and make sense of them tomorrow when we have more info to make it useful.
2. Is there an even Oracle? Could it just be a Crier fucking with us? The Crier can be on any side.
Which leads to
3. There could even be two criers? A scum crier could be dicking us around and trying to make us mislynch
(also don't discount the possibility that a town crier could be doing it, because half the people here are trolls)

Regardless, our best course is to ignore the oracle shit today and see what happens with it tomorrow.

My god, what a brilliant idea! And I'm not just saying that because I basically said the same thing. Interesting point about double criers, though. If there are two criers we'll find out tomorrow anyway cause why wouldn't a town crier instantly alert the town that there is an imposter.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I don't think the voices and folks attempting to make sense of it are alignment indicative, other than pursuing people whom I believe are town. Pika pressuring Mandy to me is scummy. BuJaber defending Pika in terms of trying to dissuade others from pursuing this Pika/Mandy deadlock atm, isn't really defending, but diverting to what is possibly a more serious issue that he sees.
I disagree on the first bit, if I were scum I'd be all over that oracle shit to waste the town's time, therefore I think people trying to figure out the oracle stuff are all pretty scummy.

Vote-wise I don't really know what to do yet. I'm fairly suspicious of BuJ. I also think lynching Mitch at this point is a solid choice. I'm also intrigued that Samlen was the only one who responded to my mention of the suspicious object. The fact that whoever claimed the item hasn't reported it makes me think they're probably scum. I don't know if the guy giving these items away knows which players receive the 'invitation', but that might give that person a lead. I don't really think there is a pika/mandy deadlock, and honestly I'm not really interested in lynching either of them. Right now I'd like to wait at least for HotShot to join in the discussion before actually voting. We don't have a deadline atm, right?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Skoffin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:11 am

Well as you are actually me that means it still counts as my idea.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 am

I don't believe we have a deadline, but I've been avoiding going back and reading red text. This PR is giving me cancer.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby BuJaber on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Some people clearly don't want to talk. They either don't care, have reason to hide, or they benefit from the lack of direction among us.
I say we zero in on the inactives. We either get a lynch or more activity up in here. Worked with benga.

Going down the list: strike's last post was 5 days ago.

Unvote vote strike wolf.

I also vote for a deadline. Something like 2 weeks. Gets people motivated but gives plenty of time for an educated decision.

Also why didn't mitch respond to this:

Metsfanmax wrote:
madmitch wrote:wish I knew more about last night happenings,wasn't invited to dinner, never received anything,not sure if the oracle and spirits are separate or same,crier is town according to everbody so Mandy is town, I am also town that was away from town last night, why???

What do you mean you were away from town last night?
Major BuJaber

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:01 pm

BuJaber wrote:Some people clearly don't want to talk. They either don't care, have reason to hide, or they benefit from the lack of direction among us.
I say we zero in on the inactives. We either get a lynch or more activity up in here. Worked with benga.

Going down the list: strike's last post was 5 days ago.

strike's last post was 2 days ago.

Unvote vote strike wolf.

I also vote for a deadline. Something like 2 weeks. Gets people motivated but gives plenty of time for an educated decision.

This game is not starved for activity. Much of the activity has actually made things worse, since people are debating endlessly about the oracle when it's still too early to understand what's going on. The last thing we need is more people chiming in with theories. So, be careful what you wish for.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby BuJaber on Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:31 am

Metsfanmax wrote:

My bad. Missed the post on page 20. Unvote. Vote Samlen. (Last post 6 days ago).

Metsfanmax wrote:
This game is not starved for activity. Much of the activity has actually made things worse, since people are debating endlessly about the oracle when it's still too early to understand what's going on. The last thing we need is more people chiming in with theories. So, be careful what you wish for.

We need new ideas, hence everyone needs to post. If you have a better way to get out of the rabbit hole I'm all ears.

If the crier can communicate again during the day please do so because I sense that a lot of players here are waiting for that.

I voted mitch for being scummy. Nobody discussed.

I voted kwanton because his flip should give us good info to analyze. Mostly ignored.

I invoted skoffin but I could be temlted again because she keeps denying statements made about her. She either doesn't like the attention or there are some liars out there making accusations. Also I've thought about the PR a lot. Why red? who finds this PR the easiest? The person used to typing in red anyway! She is either the PR or someone's framing her.

I'm now voting samlen for inactivity.

Major BuJaber

Postby madmitch on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:11 am

Just rered so posts the color is killing me, @ Pika not a commuter, don't know why I wasn't in town ????
Cadet madmitch

Postby Samlen on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:37 am

BuJaber wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

My bad. Missed the post on page 20. Unvote. Vote Samlen. (Last post 6 days ago).

Metsfanmax wrote:

We need new ideas, hence everyone needs to post. If you have a better way to get out of the rabbit hole I'm all ears.

If the crier can communicate again during the day please do so because I sense that a lot of players here are waiting for that.

I voted mitch for being scummy. Nobody discussed.

I voted kwanton because his flip should give us good info to analyze. Mostly ignored.

I invoted skoffin but I could be temlted again because she keeps denying statements made about her. She either doesn't like the attention or there are some liars out there making accusations. Also I've thought about the PR a lot. Why red? who finds this PR the easiest? The person used to typing in red anyway! She is either the PR or someone's framing her.

I'm now voting samlen for inactivity.

Huh i thought i'd posted more recently than that. I just don't have a lot more to contribute other than my little logical dissertation on the oracle stuff. The only thing I know so far is that I don't want to lynch Mandy or Pika.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Pikanchion on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:57 am

madmitch wrote:Just rered so posts the color is killing me, @ Pika not a commuter, don't know why I wasn't in town ????

FOS: What?
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 pm

@ just like I said ,was told I was out of town ,don't know why or who by :cry:
Cadet madmitch

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:44 pm

madmitch wrote:@ just like I said ,was told I was out of town ,don't know why or who by :cry:

Is that an actual mafia thing, being ''out of town''?
Never mind red herrings, this game is a red hydra, cut off a head and two grow back more mysterious than before.
Is anybody up for generating a fact-based synopsis & analysis of everything that we've encountered so far?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Pikanchion on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Is that an actual mafia thing, being ''out of town''?
FOS:
Code: Select all
Being out of town is to be untargetable by all night actions, even investigations or kills that would normally go through protection; you are not in town for the night and so cannot be targeted by anyone or anything else in the town.

---

FOS:
Why have both the Oracle and Town Crier gone silent the moment we actually have a chance to work anything out about them with the Voice/Message distinction?
Private Pikanchion

Postby Samlen on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm

I'm assuming the oracle cannot talk anymore given they've spouted their fortune telling stuff but I would assume the crier should be able to still talk.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Skoffin on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:08 am

BuJaber wrote:I invoted skoffin but I could be temlted again because she keeps denying statements made about her. She either doesn't like the attention or there are some liars out there making accusations. Also I've thought about the PR a lot. Why red? who finds this PR the easiest? The person used to typing in red anyway! She is either the PR or someone's framing her.

Everyone centring their shenanigans on me is not my fault. As for the PR; all this red text offends me and I do not approve.

Why is no one voting Skittles? you should vote Skittles.

As for the oracle/crier; they could just be one of the many people that are afk or just lurking.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby BuJaber on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 am

Skoffin wrote:
BuJaber wrote:I invoted skoffin but I could be temlted again because she keeps denying statements made about her. She either doesn't like the attention or there are some liars out there making accusations. Also I've thought about the PR a lot. Why red? who finds this PR the easiest? The person used to typing in red anyway! She is either the PR or someone's framing her.

Everyone centring their shenanigans on me is not my fault. As for the PR; all this red text offends me and I do not approve.

Why is no one voting Skittles? you should vote Skittles.

As for the oracle/crier; they could just be one of the many people that are afk or just lurking.

Did you give us a reason to vote for skittles? I don't remember. And I know you've mentioned her/him several times so what was a joke and what wasn't?

I was actually leaning towards someone framing you for the PR more. Could very well be Pika. If I have learnt anything about him is that this would fit his personality perfectly. Though why would he go through all the trouble of defying it so elaborately if he were behind it... hmm :-s .

Aha that leaves skittles. Okay give me a good reason and I'm on board.
Major BuJaber

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:03 am

FOS:
No PR chosen by me would be so easy to follow, or easy to bypass...
Private Pikanchion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives