Conquer Club

The Tick Mafia - JUSTICE PREVAILS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Tick Mafia - JUSTICE PREVAILS!

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:03 am

A few notes:

• I was expecting much more death each night with a bomber and electrifier, especially since both of them had a lot of town credit at the beginning.
  • Fusi used his deflection to get confirmed as town by the cop, but was randomly picked off by the bomber.
  • DDS was active and had Sewer Urchin as a safe claim that would have worked well with his Hider ability, but decided to pick his own, and happened to choose one that was used. :o
  • I thought Razor needed to just build more town credit, and then either claim an investigation that showed Ragian guilty, or counterclaim if/when Ragian claimed Tick.
  • The scum didn't draw much attention to themselves, but should have done more to build up town credit and prepare for their claims.
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:12 am

Congrats! Having Arthur as a fake claim really threw me. Pixar really saved our butts at the end.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:18 am

For the setup, I planned out 17 town characters and roles, plus The Evil Bomber and Barry, then I randomly selected American Maid, Sewer Urchin, Arthur, and Mayor Blank to be scum. I decided that Mayor Blank was a character that could just as easily be scum, picked Chairface because he had to be in there, and Shiela Eel and Proto-Clown because they were a good fit for some scum abilities. I gave all of the non-town a selection of safe claims to choose from, but it seems like they weren't really used effectively.
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:23 am

DDS 100% should have claimed Sewer Urchin instead. On par with Die Fledermaus and American Maid (think Wonder Woman meets Captain America but instead of a lasso or a shield, she throws Stilettos heels)
Last edited by strike wolf on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Tick Mafia - D3

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:33 am

SoN!c wrote:
SoN!c wrote:Flittermaus always flirts with women because that his name - "fledermaus" in german, translates to "flirting mouse" too, or to "die Fledermaus", is German for the flittermouse or the bat..

PS: I posted Milli Vannilli to give away the clue i was a flirting mouse that had to chase the women on the Greece island of Crete 8-) I was there with the wife so there was so not much chasing going on other girls ;-) but i tried to stay on character :lol:

Was this really supposed to be a clue, or had you picked up on the joke about Duke's Miller-Vanillaiser role?
Brigadier degaston

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:53 am

Absolutely, Fortunatelly, the Bomber randomlly killing Fusi and claiming Crusading Chamelon made town job much easier.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Yup. Even past his death fusi could have killed people if he had been able to survive the night. I thought fusi was off day 1, but my investigate gave me an innocent result :(. Glad everyone thought I checked Pix when the first thing I said D2 was that I reconsidered my fusi position :lol:.

I probably alluded too hard to my investigate role in the end, but I felt like I had to get some stuff across.

GG everyone!

@Rag, curious if you thought anything of this at the time:
Extreme Ways wrote:
Ragian wrote:Morning!

Why are you afraid of work, my friend? :-s

Well, with scum around it's our job to catch them. I'd rather have everyone be abiding citizens.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Re: The Tick Mafia - D3

Postby SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:33 pm

degaston wrote:
SoN!c wrote:
SoN!c wrote:Flittermaus always flirts with women because that his name - "fledermaus" in german, translates to "flirting mouse" too, or to "die Fledermaus", is German for the flittermouse or the bat..

PS: I posted Milli Vannilli to give away the clue i was a flirting mouse that had to chase the women on the Greece island of Crete 8-) I was there with the wife so there was so not much chasing going on other girls ;-) but i tried to stay on character :lol:

Was this really supposed to be a clue, or had you picked up on the joke about Duke's Miller-Vanillaiser role?

I could say yes on the Miller-Vanillaiser but then Trafalgarlaw would reply i just got "one in a million lucky" posting exactly Milli Vanilli of all bands in the world.., being absolutely clueless on just about anything all game long - a "honest fool" ;-)

I loved the game you made for all of us Degaston =D> =D> =D>

Also the GIF movie on the smoke bomb was custom made. Did not expected DDS as the midnight bomber tho. But was expecting TMBwBAM and Chairface Chippendale in here 100%.

Again superjob you did. Hats off to you =D> =D> =D>
Last edited by SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major SoN!c

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:43 pm

Some thoughts:

1. Son!c-I think I understand now what you were getting at with your playstyle but it was a bit too distracting at times. We spent a good deal of time day 2 arguing about a player that could not he lynched when we should have been scum hunting and most of your theories especially early were inaccurate. Your calmer play on Day 4 and 5 worked much better ultimately. I'm sure you'll say that your wilder behavior the first 3 days was necessary to get to that point but were also probably lucky more people didn't listen to you as we would have lynched Loose, forced early claims from our Cop and Tracker, lynched me and rushed the lynch on Bax Day 4. That said, we would have gotten Swang earlier. I still dont understand how you thought The Tick would be third party.
2. Loose-I just want to give credit to Loose for being the first one to pin Swang. That said, the claim trades and asking the cop to announce themselves were both horrible ideas.
3. Traffic, Darin and Swang-Poor role claims hurt you. If Traffic had claimed American Maid with a believable role then he'd possibly have lived. I don't know if the full claim of Vote Thief from Swang would have saved him with the blocked action but it would have made sense with Mayor Blank. Darin could have probably claimed any remotely believable role and with a name claim as strong as Arthur might have survived to end game.
4. I think this is the first time in a while town has had a game where no yown was lynched. Pepe did vig Loose but that was ultimately probably for the best as Loose probably would have continued to be a distraction day 3.
5. Pepe and Charle-Well played to you both. I'm sure i could think of notes but it doesn't seem necessary.
6. Extreme-Id say next time you're cop, don't hint at an investigative ability so hard.
7. Me-im mostly happy with my play. I probably was feeling guilty about Elementary and gave Darin too much leeway with his play but I think I was always going to believe the Arthur claim. I also let annoyance dictate my actions a bit. That said, I did feel like ultimately I was right more than I was wrong and with the exception of Darin who got lynched in the end before my promised vote, I was on the right side of every lynch and I don't know if Traffic would get lynched Day 4 without me, Rag and Traf sticking to our conviction not to rush the Bax lynch. Kind of wish I could have stuck to my verbose heroisms from day 1. That was fun but I started worrying that someone would think I was softclaiming the Tick and out themselves as The Tick to counter a non-claim.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:51 pm

strike wolf wrote:Some thoughts:

1. Son!c-I think I understand now what you were getting at with your playstyle but it was a bit too distracting at times. We spent a good deal of time day 2 arguing about a player that could not he lynched when we should have been scum hunting and most of your theories especially early were inaccurate. Your calmer play on Day 4 and 5 worked much better ultimately. I'm sure you'll say that your wilder behavior the first 3 days was necessary to get to that point but were also probably lucky more people didn't listen to you as we would have lynched Loose, forced early claims from our Cop and Tracker, lynched me and rushed the lynch on Bax Day 4. That said, we would have gotten Swang earlier. I still dont understand how you thought The Tick would be third party.
2. Loose-I just want to give credit to Loose for being the first one to pin Swang. That said, the claim trades and asking the cop to announce themselves were both horrible ideas.
3. Traffic, Darin and Swang-Poor role claims hurt you. If Traffic had claimed American Maid with a believable role then he'd possibly have lived. I don't know if the full claim of Vote Thief from Swang would have saved him with the blocked action but it would have made sense with Mayor Blank. Darin could have probably claimed any remotely believable role and with a name claim as strong as Arthur might have survived to end game.
4. I think this is the first time in a while town has had a game where no yown was lynched. Pepe did vig Loose but that was ultimately probably for the best as Loose probably would have continued to be a distraction day 3.
5. Pepe and Charle-Well played to you both. I'm sure i could think of notes but it doesn't seem necessary.
6. Extreme-Id say next time you're cop, don't hint at an investigative ability so hard.
7. Me-im mostly happy with my play. I probably was feeling guilty about Elementary and gave Darin too much leeway with his play but I think I was always going to believe the Arthur claim. I also let annoyance dictate my actions a bit. That said, I did feel like ultimately I was right more than I was wrong and with the exception of Darin who got lynched in the end before my promised vote, I was on the right side of every lynch and I don't know if Traffic would get lynched Day 4 without me, Rag and Traf sticking to our conviction not to rush the Bax lynch. Kind of wish I could have stuck to my verbose heroisms from day 1. That was fun but I started worrying that someone would think I was softclaiming the Tick and out themselves as The Tick to counter a non-claim.

This was my first mafia game ever. And my character had zero powers except being invulnerable if the Fliedermause signal was lit. So i decided to make the most of it - fliedering arround - knowing getting people to talk always works best to catch them on contradictions.

Yes it could backfire but i was counting on the fact i would always be able to explain my actions if needed.

I also said it was never about the theories but about the reaction it would trigger. Getting suspects to talk always works.
And first time is first time. Second time will be second time ;-)
Major SoN!c

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:56 pm

strike wolf wrote:DDS 100% should have claimed Sewer Urchin instead. On par with Die Fledermaus and American Maid (think Wonder Woman meets Captain America but instead of a lasso or a shield, she throws Stilettos heels)

I know. I took a gamble and it didn't pay off. Oh well, live and learn.
Well played town! I was afraid Team AFK was gonna win this one
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:57 pm

The scum were enjoying the chaos that SoN!c was creating, but they didn't do enough to use it to their advantage. Though the 3rd party players made that difficult by drawing too much attention to themselves on D2 & D3.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Charle on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:06 pm

Very well organised, thanks Devaston! I'm hooked, nice bunch of guys here as well, I really enjoyed this.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:14 pm

Charle wrote:Very well organised, thanks Devaston! I'm hooked, nice bunch of guys here as well, I really enjoyed this.

ā€œHear, hear!ā€ =D> =D> =D>
Major SoN!c

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:14 pm

Yeah, I agree. I didnt know how to tell town that there was a redirector without outing myself. I was happy to receive suspicion before I died because it made me likelier to survive the night, but ultimately I was both bombed and shot 8-[
General Extreme Ways

Postby SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:19 pm

degaston wrote:The scum were enjoying the chaos that SoN!c was creating, but they didn't do enough to use it to their advantage. Though the 3rd party players made that difficult by drawing too much attention to themselves on D2 & D3.

Chaos works. Because chaos triggers emotions and chaos flips your brain so hard you don't now right from left. DDS called it "legal torture" :D Emotions will make you talk even if you don't really want to

But yes creating it does not make you popular ;-)
Major SoN!c

Postby Ragian on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:31 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:@Rag, curious if you thought anything of this at the time:
Extreme Ways wrote:

Well, with scum around it's our job to catch them. I'd rather have everyone be abiding citizens.

If you thought that I'd pick up on you being a cop in the joke vote part of the game, I think you're overestimating me, buddy :lol:

@Pix, well played in this game, buddy =D> =D> =D>

I don't know how honest we're supposed to be post game...?
Captain Ragian

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:35 pm

Ragian wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

If you thought that I'd pick up on you being a cop in the joke vote part of the game, I think you're overestimating me, buddy :lol:

Good! It was something I wanted to be able to refer to later if someone claimed cop.
General Extreme Ways

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:37 pm

Ragian wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

Gimme a tracker role and I'll use it! Appreciate Bax giving me two abilities each night lol
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:10 pm

*Pixar* wrote:
Ragian wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

Gimme a tracker role and I'll use it! Appreciate Bax giving me two abilities each night lol

Yes Pixar brought us home here =D> =D> =D>
Major SoN!c

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:31 pm

Oh and I was right that major characters being fake claims. Just never to the point of Arthur being a fake claim and Die Fledermaus of the three strongest ended up being the only one who wasn't a fake claim.

@Son!c there is also the fun factor to consider. This is at the end of the day, just a game and there were a couple points where I was honestly getting frustrated and not enjoying myself. That's not all on you, I've been on a bit of a short fuse since the car wreck and I'm still not really aure how much that impacted my frustration levels here. I will say there was an old player here that we called Mandy but I believe was actually Mandalorian(insert numbers here). He was also the type to make wild theories that didn't always pan out but he constructed them in a way that was fun and got people engaged. It probably helped his cause that he was pretty solid scum hunter and people valued his opinion. It's probably not worth reading back through but if you wanted to you might di d you like his playstyle.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:44 pm

Die Fledermaus: weaknesses: "Arrogance: being the self-serving narcissist he is, his abundance of unfounded confidence can get in the way of what little crime-fighting he does."

"He also seems to be considerably narcissistic, holding himself upon a pedestal and treating his friends poorly"

from the tickipedia :D
Major SoN!c

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:17 pm

You played the character well, and an immediate change is noticed once the game ended :lol:
General Extreme Ways

Postby PepeAtila on Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:03 pm

Thanks to everyone, and mainly to Dega =D> =D> =D>
Captain PepeAtila

Postby swang918 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:53 pm

I felt pretty boxed in with the scum choices on D4. For awhile it was pretty close between bax and traffic and I didn't think we could survive if traffic got lynched so I had to do everything I could to get bax lynched instead. I really didn't like the alternatives of doing nothing, or piling onto traffic to buy some town cred, I didn't think that would last long enough to make it worth not taking a shot at saving traffic. It was very tough with such strong town this game. Even the town with weaker powers like charle were voting accurately. Making it really hard for scum. But if we had gotten past D4 with traffic alive, I think scum could have brute force ran the table from there with my vote stealing ability which no one knew about at the time.

I did think about getting Darin to deflect off me night 4 and me doing the kill, but I didn't think Pepe had it in him to take the shot--he was saying how sorry he was about killing loose and just didn't seem sure about anything. So Pepe really got me good.

Sonic seemed to flip a switch after extreme's death. It felt like he went from constant complete nonsense to pretty calculated analysis overnight. We were leaving him alive thinking he would slow town down but D4 he really flipped that switch, to scums detriment.

Darin's Arthur claim was really genius. When I read it I was like, wtf you are definitely getting lynched...but town bought it pretty good and he probably would have stayed alive and had a punchers chance if not for Pixar's tracking.

I think one of our mistakes was to pick off inactive players at first. In retrospect there were too many strong players among the active players that we should have killed the more vocal ones earlier.

Doc charle was definitely a lucky random shot. Extreme was also kind of lucky in that we had narrowed cop down to I think 2-3 people and we happened to pick extreme. Iirc I thought cop was between extreme, ragian, or sonic.
Major swang918

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives