Conquer Club

NEW: The White House

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

NEW: The White House

Postby the egg on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 pm

OUTLINE

OVERVIEW: To make a map that resembles the offices of the executive office of the United States government, with the map resembling the inside quarters of the white house.

Background: The executive office has 3 components.
1) The cabinet. The cabinet of the President has traditionally been the 15 heads of the 15 executive departments and the Vice President. The departments are: state, treasury, defense, justice, interior, agriculture, labor, health, urban development, transportation, energy, education, veterans affairs, homeland security. How to incorporate this into the map?

A)Only include the department heads on the map, and if you hold all of them, you get bonus for holding cabinet. In my opinion, this bonus would be too big, so we'd have to split the departments into 3-5 bonuses.

B)Rather than A, make each DEPARTMENT a bonus, and under the departments include a few key figures, rather than the head of department alone. This would lead to a bigger map. If you hold more than 1 department, you get an extra bonus (like on the world 2.1 map) and if you hold all 15 departments (i.e. you hold the cabinet) then you get a significant bonus?

i) If you hold all of the cabinet AND the PRESIDENT you win the game. Because in effect, if you hold the cabinet and its president, you hold the executive branch.

ii) Make the Vice President a +"x" bonus, where x is to be a decided integer. I.E. If you hold the vice president, you get +1.

So that is the cabinet. If you are liking my idea so far, then please PM me / post support!

FURTHER COMPONENTS

2) White House Staff. Consists of Senior Advisors and Chief of Staff.

3) The executive office of the President is alot of councils.

4) The first lady. If you hold the first lady and the president that'd be a small bonus.

All right I have to go, I will expand on the components later, feel free to post thoughts. I think this has potential.
Last edited by the egg on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major the egg

Re: NEW: The White House

Postby the egg on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 pm

later
Major the egg

Postby the egg on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

later
Major the egg

Postby the egg on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

will expand on component 4 here later
Major the egg

Postby lzrman on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:59 pm

"Holding the First Lady"

I think Obama would be jelous, should give people negative points for holding her =), now holding her and the kids perhaps should have a bonus of positive integers.

Just a thought.
Cook lzrman

Postby the egg on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 pm

lzrman wrote:"Holding the First Lady"

I think Obama would be jelous, should give people negative points for holding her =), now holding her and the kids perhaps should have a bonus of positive integers.

Just a thought.

Ha! I'm not basing it off of Obama, or it will get out-dated quickly ha ha. Just in general.
Major the egg

Postby lzrman on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 pm

You may wish to delete the 2nd 3rd and 4th post as it is very irrelivant to the discussion ;) almost looks like bolstering the post count.

I would have a picture of the white house with the 2 entrances into the Oval Office, breaking it into your described sections.
Cook lzrman

Postby Joodoo on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:02 pm

interesting idea, but I think adding an objective to the game might be cool
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby Kotaro on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 am

lzrman wrote:You may wish to delete the 2nd 3rd and 4th post as it is very irrelivant to the discussion ;) almost looks like bolstering the post count.

...Was that serious? He put them there for later use, editing in more content.

A good idea. Maybe, instead of Obama like someone else suggested, just do 1st Lady and Mr. President?
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby lzrman on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 am

You can always edit the first post with all the main content, it looks more organized ;) and builds the map content.
Cook lzrman

Postby the egg on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:47 am

Joodoo wrote:interesting idea, but I think adding an objective to the game might be cool

The objective would be to old the President and cabinet as they hold most of the executive branch powers.
Major the egg

Postby the egg on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:49 am

Kotaro wrote:
lzrman wrote:You may wish to delete the 2nd 3rd and 4th post as it is very irrelivant to the discussion ;) almost looks like bolstering the post count.

...Was that serious? He put them there for later use, editing in more content.

A good idea. Maybe, instead of Obama like someone else suggested, just do 1st Lady and Mr. President?

Yes the map would not feature names of people, it would just feature the positions. I.E. Chief of Staff, or Secretary of Defense, or Vice President.

I definitly have no computer skills so not sure i can handle making the map.
Major the egg

Postby ustus on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:20 pm

I've been posting a bit on the foundry forum cuz I'd like to make a map, I have no experience and only a bit of time spent with photoshop - but I can get my hands on elements and I'd kinda like to do it if that's fine with those of you posting here. I'm also not sure I have the time :( I'll look into it once I get elements installed, if you'd like...
Corporal ustus

Postby sailorseal on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:56 pm

I like the idea but we need to keep in mind the international aspect of the site. I think there should be a poll created on this one. As much as we Americans like to pride ourselves on thinking that everyone knows who we are but the truth is I doubt how many people living in Russia would play a map based on our government leader's home anymore then someone would play the Zar's house. I would actually play both so see what people abroad say before doing for this one.
Cook sailorseal

Postby ustus on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 pm

ok, how does one go about starting a poll?? map sounds like fun to make, and that's what I've been looking for.
Corporal ustus

Postby ustus on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:53 pm

well, turns out I was wrong, won't have photoshop till at least friday (having some trouble getting the disk, my computer, and an off-board cd drive in the same room together :( ) anyway, I think someone mentioned an online version in another thread, anyone know about that? otherwise, I won't be able to do this till friday, and I won't have much time this weekend. If anyone else wants to do this map, let me know, I can keep looking for another one easily.
Corporal ustus

Postby the egg on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:29 pm

sailorseal wrote:I like the idea but we need to keep in mind the international aspect of the site. I think there should be a poll created on this one. As much as we Americans like to pride ourselves on thinking that everyone knows who we are but the truth is I doubt how many people living in Russia would play a map based on our government leader's home anymore then someone would play the Zar's house. I would actually play both so see what people abroad say before doing for this one.

Yes that is the same philosophy that I had, which is why I have kind of backed out of the idea. If anyone wants to make the map let me know and I will provide any information you need about the Executive Branch.
Major the egg

Postby miniwally on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:50 pm

lzrman wrote:"Holding the First Lady"

Just a thought.

If your including the kids i want there to be the dog :D
Private 1st Class miniwally

Postby ustus on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Ha, I like the dog... idk, if no one else wants to do it, I'm kind of interested, but as I said I can't start for a while and I don't have that much free time to work on it. I've been wanting to make a map, so I'll get back to you when I have photoshop installed and some time.... probly next week sometime. If anyone else wants to jump on this while I'm not ready, go for it. only real idea I have on this is that the territory collors should be carpet patterns :) but idk how well that works. I would do a classic gameplay style, unless someone else has a better idea (and convinces me, I'm a classic playstyle person).
Corporal ustus

Postby ATC_Matt on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes,,
Cadet ATC_Matt

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas