Conquer Club

Polderand Map

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Polderand Map

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:46 pm

zimmah wrote:besides, xml can't affect dice. that would only result in more dice ranting.

Ok no problem. Other ways to do things :)
Private BadgerJelly

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Question: Why create a map here and not LandGrab? Especially given you're a moderator and member of the Map Advisory Panel over there and a simple new recruit over here.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DiM on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Question: Why create a map here and not LandGrab? Especially given you're a moderator and member of the Map Advisory Panel over there and a simple new recruit over here.

-Sully

maybe he wants a challenge, maybe he's bored of landgrab. since when do we need to know people's reasons for making maps? and why does it matter if he's a mod there and a new recruit here?

let's just be glad new people are coming in the foundry making maps and giving feedback. :mrgreen:
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby zimmah on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Question: Why create a map here and not LandGrab? Especially given you're a moderator and member of the Map Advisory Panel over there and a simple new recruit over here.

-Sully

ye it's good he's willing to try to help here. he may be a new artist. right now tho he still has much to learn.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:10 pm

I do! I've never really tried to put a great looking map together but have learnt alot on GIMP over the last year.

What you see now like I've said is nothing like the finished product imagewise. If its not good enough I'm more than willing to learn new tricks :D
Private BadgerJelly

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 pm

I didn't mean it in a negative way; it was merely an inquiry. Carry on.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby BadgerJelly on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:03 am

I'm here because its something different and I love making maps and having the ability to decide what special features to use.

LG will most probably always be number one for me but all sites offer something good so why not join them all if I can and have time to put in?

Also here I can learn to make maps look better by learning new techniques hopefully!
Private BadgerJelly

Postby BadgerJelly on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 am

zimmah wrote:besides, xml can't affect dice. that would only result in more dice ranting.

It would?? :shock:

Its something I've wanted for ages :( I was thining along the line of having certain border crossing more difficult than others. Kind of like something inbetween a barrier and a one way border. Having areas in a map that are easier to defend than other OR easier to attack for that matter would greatly increase the dynamics of strategy in a game if they were implemented well enough ...

Guess thats just another one of my pipe dreams for now though.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby zimmah on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 pm

killer neutrals, decays, one way borders and bombardments are the only tools at your disposal i can think of for making more difficult border, but you'd need to use them wisely.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:34 pm

BadgerJelly wrote:

Its something I've wanted for ages :( I was thining along the line of having certain border crossing more difficult than others. Kind of like something inbetween a barrier and a one way border. Having areas in a map that are easier to defend than other OR easier to attack for that matter would greatly increase the dynamics of strategy in a game if they were implemented well enough ...

I wonder how hard it would be to give a territ the power to use an extra die, attacking and/or defending.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby BadgerJelly on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:35 pm

I prefer having the dice bonus BETWEEN territories. We have +1 defence bonus possible at LG but that ON the territory and they do tend to clog up games if placed in good positiona or not!

Having an attack One way with nous but not the other would be very intersting indeed.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby zimmah on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:39 am

porkenbeans wrote:
BadgerJelly wrote:

I wonder how hard it would be to give a territ the power to use an extra die, attacking and/or defending.

that would require XML updates, it has been requested and denied before.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Extra dice are a HUGE advantage! Having 4 attack dice is crazy. +1 modifiers at select points on a map between certain borders would not unbalance the game.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:07 am

what are you on about. you don't have a map to play a game on.

quit your yapping and do some graphicing.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby BadgerJelly on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:52 pm

greenoaks wrote:what are you on about. you don't have a map to play a game on.

quit your yapping and do some graphicing.

Suck my balls! :P
Private BadgerJelly

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:30 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. Since the map has not stamps, I'm going to move it into the melting pot. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Drafting Room, after an update has been made. ;-)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby BadgerJelly on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:59 am

Okay. Thankyou. Will continue this when I have more time ... when ever that will be!?
Private BadgerJelly

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas