Conquer Club

Moon Colony

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Moon Colony

Postby dakky21 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:15 pm

Map Name: Moon Colony
Mapmaker(s): me, for now
Number of Territories: 121 (if counted correctly)
Special Features: none
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: first multi-level platform map on CC

Map Image:
Click image to enlarge.

Introduction
I was thinking about Russians and their plans to colonize the Moon, they said now when we have found caves, they can build an entire colony INSIDE the Moon, so I got an idea - why we don't build our own base?
The only problem was, while we were building our base, a meteor hit the moon, holding a deadly alien virus, which got inside the base, and now the entire colony is sick. The President and the Premier had enough time to leave the station, and though they were poisoned, they were cured on earth later.

The remaining people on the station grouped, and though they were all poisoned by the virus, they held together. Doctors with doctors, Security with security, ordinal Crew with ordinal crew.

As the virus is killing more and more people, one group is to survive, by taking the rocket back to earth.

Specifications

ALL territories on the map are losing 1 troop per turn, due to virus.

Starting territories painted in GREEN. Each player start in his own floor, holding all territories, up to the door.
Door painted in RED.
All other territories (filled with 3 neutral on start), painted in YELLOW.

Vertical doors (between each floor) have 25 neutral troops.
Horizontal doors have 5 neutral troops.

All territories painted in GREEN can attack neighbouring DOORs.

Control at least 1 Power Supply and you control (bombard) all doors on the map, painted red.
Control at least 1 Air Supply and you control (bombard) all rooms on the map, painted yellow and green.

From doors between or above Air Supply (AS) or Power Supply (PS), you can attack any AS or PS.

Any elevator position can attack any other elevator position. Whoever plays, controls the elevator, and can attack any floor.
Any elevator position can attack ONLY first door of the floor, in order to get further on that floor.

Any Control Panel territory can bombard any other territory.

Win Conditions
Objective - hold Control panel (4 territs), Rocket Launch control (1), Power supply control (1) and The Rocket (1) for the win.

Bonus
Only one bonus on the map - is to hold entire bunker. You get +10 troops every turn, from birth rate of your population, which is speeded by the virus.
Doors are not part of the bonus.

The problem
My image editing sucks, so I created a "draft", really, but incorporated my vision of map, as it should be. I'd like to find someone who knows image editing, and I'll give ideas, have them plenty :-)
Captain dakky21

Re: Moon Colony

Postby dakky21 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Sorry I missed the forum, it should go to Melting Pot, leave it here only if you think it has the potential... thanks for not kicking me :geek:
Captain dakky21

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:51 am

I think the concept has some potential. I've long wanted more space themed maps, and this fits the bill, though, it seems like you mention you need someone to haul the graphics.

Things might be too linear now. I'd consider maybe axing half of the underground part of the map, and incorporate more surface stuff. Then if you get someone to haul the graphics, they would be able to show off some of the futuristic lunar module and building designs we see in sci-fi, which are harder to produce as basements and sub-basements.

Best of luck,

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby dakky21 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:20 am

My idea was somewhat to be linear. You got escape routes, call em stairs, and one or two (or maybe more), elevator shafts.
Whoever is playing, have equal chances, just because of linearity, all start in same mess, so no-one have advantage.
The idea of subterrain comes from latest IRL news, they will build a base in the caves, as they will protect people from space radiation and meteors.
So, the surface area should be minimal, or heavily damaged from the meteors, and threfore non-usable.

I'll try to polish the gameplay, maybe add some broken service elevators, in which you could attack only adjacent troops.

Too bad that maps/XML can't have triggers, for example "if you hold power supply for one round, all doors revert to 15 neutral", that would be sooo COOL... :D
Captain dakky21

Postby Flapcake on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:15 am

I think it would get a more "moon theme" over it if it took place at the lunar surface and not in a mine shaft, if you created a colony on the surface you could get meteor craters, lunar vehicles, earth satellites, etc. it will give a better space impression, very nice idea after all :)
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Postby firsal901 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:13 pm

I like it. It's got potential to be an awesome map. I'd try it out if it will be made

P.S. got anyone who will do the XML yet? if not, PM me and ill see what i can do ;)

They hate you as much as you hate them
Cook firsal901

Postby dakky21 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm stuck at the graphics part. I have an idea how it should look, but am unable to make it happen.
I'll give it one more shot in the next few days...
Captain dakky21

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:06 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Drafting Room, after an update has been made. ;-)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas