Conquer Club

Geometry [Version 2]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Geometry [Version 2]

Postby plurple on Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:05 pm

Map Name: Geometry
Mapmaker(s): Plurple
Number of Territories: 200
Description:
The idea of this map is that it is a simple map territory wise being made up of simple geometric shapes. With each of the shapes being a separate island disconnected from the others. To connect the shapes together I would use an unimplemented section of the transforms feature that would teleport certain territories throughout the game. See the example further down in the special features section.

Special Features:
The main special feature would be my proposed teleportation addition to the transforms feature of the xml.
show: Teleport Example

What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:
I think this map is worthy of being made as it would be nothing like any of the other maps available on the site and more large interesting maps is a good thing. I also think adding this functionality to the transforms would allow other types of maps: It could lead to growing/shrinking maps, conditional killer neutrals etc.

Map Image:
show: Version1

show: Version2

XML:
show: XML1
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Geometry [Version 2]

Postby plurple on Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:08 pm

ToDo:
    - Get Wham to implement teleport functionallity :D
    - Add bonus information tot he map.
    - Add key information to identify regions.
    - Add xml file for postions and continents.
    - Decide what teleports and when they happen.
    - Add teleport functionallity to xml
    - respond to feedback :)
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iancanton on Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:52 pm

i prefer the teleport example graphic to both v1 and v2, as the v1 and v2 shapes are too big to be interesting for bonus purposes. be sparing with the teleports, otherwise play becomes a lottery, bringing with it the danger that the map is ignored for clan wars and tournaments. try to represent visually the triangle, square and circle regions in a way that avoids the question of whether regions can attack across corners.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby plurple on Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:46 pm

iancanton wrote:i prefer the teleport example graphic to both v1 and v2, as the v1 and v2 shapes are too big to be interesting for bonus purposes. be sparing with the teleports, otherwise play becomes a lottery, bringing with it the danger that the map is ignored for clan wars and tournaments. try to represent visually the triangle, square and circle regions in a way that avoids the question of whether regions can attack across corners.

ian. :)

Maybe the current version is to big and potentially it can be reduced in size down the line I just liked that it came to an even 200 territories over the 4 shapes with there being 26 in the circle :D

I don't know much about clans and what they look for in maps but I was looking to create a large fairly complicated map that should be fun for large multiplayer games. I'm also not sure at this time how I am going to represent what territories are the teleport ones :)

But as the feature isn't yet implemented I am not planning to put much work into it for the moment, even if this is the map I most want to play and see in action :D Need to convince Wham to implement being able to change ownership to the transforms :(
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby plurple on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:08 am

I have moved this into the melting pot as the current technology won't allow for the map to work. Will revisit if/when further transforms work is developed.
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas