Conquer Club

DK's Christmas Quads [Winners in First Post]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: DK's Christmas Quads [Starting]

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:07 pm

nice tourney DK

we won 6 of 7, not sure if that was good enough to win it or not.
General Blitzaholic

Re: DK's Christmas Quads [Winners in First Post]

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Gunn217 wrote:This was a fun one Duk! We learned it a little too late to compete but it was great. We'll be in it to win it next year!

Blitzaholic wrote:nice tourney DK

we won 6 of 7, not sure if that was good enough to win it or not.

Thank you Blitzaholic and Gunn for the compliments!

Congratulations to Team 3: osujacket, blitzaholic, dividedbyzero, natascha, winners of the tournament!

=D> =D>

Team 3 score 6 victories out of a possible 7, including 5 victories by meeting the map objectives.

I would also like to congratulate Team 5: Seamus76, sandman175, Jug68, V.J., who came a very close second.

=D> =D>

Team 5 also scored 6 victories out of 7. However, all were by elimination and not by map objectives, and therefore according to tiebreaker rule 1 the victory goes to Team 3. Still, it was a very convincing show of force by Team 5!

Thank you all for participating and making this event a success!

And thank you to DoomYoshi for suggesting the idea. Sorry we couldn't win, but we had some exciting game along the way, eh?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby rouge_baron on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

well played fellas! Good christmas tourney... look forward to next year!
Lieutenant rouge_baron

Postby rouge_baron on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:34 pm

And cheers for organising, Dukasaur... good work!
Lieutenant rouge_baron

Postby Conchobar on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Great tourney Duk, kudos! Seems a pity to not have a final tie-breaker game & I feel sorry for the runner-up. With so many ways to win on the Christmas map devising the best one for each game was the best part of it. My compliments to both teams that won an impressive 6/7. Will only suggest that the one already played head to head game should've been considered, which would of course have reversed the result.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, the tourney made for some festive fun, looking forward to your Valentine's tourney! ;)
Colonel Conchobar

Postby erv on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:51 pm

I had fun. Congratulations to the winners and to everybody else in it. Hope to play with you guys/gals again
Lieutenant erv

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:25 am

Conchobar wrote:Great tourney Duk, kudos! Seems a pity to not have a final tie-breaker game & I feel sorry for the runner-up. With so many ways to win on the Christmas map devising the best one for each game was the best part of it. My compliments to both teams that won an impressive 6/7. Will only suggest that the one already played head to head game should've been considered, which would of course have reversed the result.

A playoff round was out of the question because it was a limited-time map.

I did consider different kinds of tiebreaker rules, and head-to-head record is a pretty popular choice, but in the end I settled on the "map objectives" rule as #1 and the time rules for 2 and 3. You're right, head-to-head would have reversed the result, but would it be any better? Still, one team would win after doing really well and another team would lose after doing really well.

Team 5 has nothing to be ashamed of; they did a fantastic job.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, the tourney made for some festive fun, looking forward to your Valentine's tourney! ;)

Glad you liked it! Not sure if we'll do Valentines', but maybe. For sure, though, we'll have to do my favourite "special events" map, the Easter Bunny map...:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Completed 2012