Conquer Club

Top Guns: WINNERS:Commander62890, Ljex, Pimphawks70, Dustine

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Top Guns {Round 3}

Postby grifftron on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 pm

billy07 wrote:i am not joining or starting any games until the new year. we had to wait 3/4 weeks between rounds 1 and 2, and round two has lasted almost 2 months.

if the very fine team that we face in round 3 doesn't mind waiting, in the spirit of christmas. i can continue, otherwise the team i'm in will have to find a replacement. which would be our second so far.

also, playing a random map is not fitting to this tournament. the maps so far have been ideal for the true strategists of quads. getting to the final and having to play on some gimmick or small map would spoil an excellent tourney.

Alright, well ideas instead of a random map would be good... but i think letting teams both pick 2 maps each and having a final map being more of a "neutral" grounds kinda a map would be great, see what everything thinks... and if the other team doesn't post in here wanting billy to be replaced then i guess its wait until after the holiday season is over, which is fine with me.

Commander9 wrote:I hate you Grif. Way to be a jerk.

@ Best of 5 - works with me.

@ Wait till after New Year - works with me.

@ Grif being a jerk and making us play 3 additional games which we'd win and be in the finals, but won't be, because he screwed up - true that :lol:

wut? i didn't understand that last part... anyways i hate you too :mrgreen:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Commander9 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:51 pm

grifftron wrote:wut? i didn't understand that last part... anyways i hate you too :mrgreen:

I just realized gramatically screwed up sentence it was. Basically, if not for you ( :lol: :o :evil: ), we would already be in the finals, but nooooo, 3 more games...

I'm fine with Billy's absence and delay of the tournament, but lets see what others say.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby reptile on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm

i am confirming that i am taking billy07's spot
Major reptile

Postby TheMissionary on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:57 pm

reptile wrote:i am confirming that i am taking billy07's spot

Only if we don't get postponed for Christmas.

Edit: Thanks reptile.
Last edited by TheMissionary on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby tdans on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm

griff Is my target for the rest of my CC life, hE sHaLl bE TErMiNAtED
Lieutenant tdans

Postby grifftron on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:27 pm

tdans wrote:griff Is my target for the rest of my CC life, hE sHaLl bE TErMiNAtED

*scared* :roll: =D>
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby tdans on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 am

grifftron wrote:
tdans wrote:griff Is my target for the rest of my CC life, hE sHaLl bE TErMiNAtED

*scared* :roll: =D>

your sarcasm is Dually Noted.. You shall pay you HOmogenous freak :mrgreen:
Lieutenant tdans

Postby TheMissionary on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 am

So what is going on here? Are we getting the delay or what?
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby HippieBroker on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:07 pm

WTF? We have to win more games to make it to the finals? That's probably for the best....I can't beat H.A. to save my life anyway.

I'm good with waiting until January for Billy to join (I'll have a sitter for half this month anyway). Doesn't make sense to me to add a new recruit when you've made it this far in the tourney.

So my vote is wait until January and then we play their regular team.
Hippie hath spoken, thus it shall be :D
Happy Holidays all
Cheers
Colonel HippieBroker

Postby billy07 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:02 am

thanks to hippie, tdans, fenrir and c9. hopefully i can repay you all with a good old fashioned arse-kicking in the new year. all the best.
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class billy07

Location: China, a beautiful country full of wonderful people

Postby grifftron on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:09 am

TheMissionary wrote:So what is going on here? Are we getting the delay or what?

January it is :twisted:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:46 am

You guys ready to rock & roll yet? ill start sending out invites for that final round 3 game
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 am

Not surprised, but congrats to our first team making it into the finals

Commander62890, Ljex, Pimphawks70, Dustine

=D> =D> =D>

Good going guys, and gl.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Commander62890 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Let's play random maps for the finals.

Dustine may need to be replaced, depending on how many games we're playing.

I'll put an ad out in the THOTA forum once I know for sure that he can't play.
Major Commander62890

Postby grifftron on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:06 am

Commander62890 wrote:Let's play random maps for the finals.

well it looks like it will be a repeat of one of my earlier tourneys, team commander v.s team billy... we will now start talking about how we will play out the finals, it will be a set of 5.

We can do it 2 ways... if i get any crying or you guys can't agree i will pick out a set of 5 myself to make it fair.

1. Each team picks out 2 maps each of their choosing and posts them in here, i will create the games, and the 5th game could be randomly picked or i will pick it myself, if i choose the map myself it would be a larger map, that way it would be some BS small map for a good final.

2. I will pick all the games myself, all on fairly large maps / ones that have not yet been used in this tourney.

3. OR each team could pick out 1 map each and the final 3 i will choose myself on large maps that we have not used yet in this tourney.

***NO BETA*** maps unless both teams are ok with it. Please do all posting that has to do with this tourney and maps choosen in this thread so both teams can see... no surprises, thats stupid

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Top Guns {Pre-Final debate}

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:16 am

I'm good with whatever, as long as the territory count is pretty close to what we've been playing. I'm sure our team will be discussing it over the next 24 hours.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby Commander62890 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:39 pm

I like option 1 (no beta). But as for the 5th game, I'm not sure whether we want a random large map of your choosing or a random map. I'll get back to you.

Are we playing all 5 at once?
Major Commander62890

Postby ljex on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:18 am

grifftron wrote:

well it looks like it will be a repeat of one of my earlier tourneys, team commander v.s team billy... we will now start talking about how we will play out the finals, it will be a set of 5.

We can do it 2 ways... if i get any crying or you guys can't agree i will pick out a set of 5 myself to make it fair.

1. Each team picks out 2 maps each of their choosing and posts them in here, i will create the games, and the 5th game could be randomly picked or i will pick it myself, if i choose the map myself it would be a larger map, that way it would be some BS small map for a good final.

2. I will pick all the games myself, all on fairly large maps / ones that have not yet been used in this tourney.

3. OR each team could pick out 1 map each and the final 3 i will choose myself on large maps that we have not used yet in this tourney.

***NO BETA*** maps unless both teams are ok with it. Please do all posting that has to do with this tourney and maps choosen in this thread so both teams can see... no surprises, thats stupid

-griff

Anything that involves you picking maps is not ok with me and if that is somehow decided i will not even bother to join the games. I personally would rather 5 complected random maps but am ok with 1 random map with each team choosing 2 maps (the choosing of these maps would have to be either all maps are ok or only those used in the tournament so far without any other restrictions).

This is why you should pick the maps for the final at the start of the tournament though as you can avoid all this trouble
Major ljex

Postby grifftron on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:33 am

Commander62890 wrote:I like option 1 (no beta). But as for the 5th game, I'm not sure whether we want a random large map of your choosing or a random map. I'll get back to you.

HOW about, i let both teams pick out their 2 maps, no BETA... both teams are OK with this already to my understanding

we play those 4 games first... if a team pulls away a 3-1 upset then thats it, no 5th game...

but if it ends up 2-2 then i will take a list of say 10 maps from each team, i will match up those 2 lists and their should be at least 1 map that matches on those lists when i compare them... that would be the 5th... if we get to that game.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby pimphawks70 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:06 am

That would be fine with me, but I can't speak for my teammates.

It just seems to me like everyone is intent on dragging this tournament out for as long as possible ;)

Let's get this show on the road!
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby grifftron on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:51 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:That would be fine with me, but I can't speak for my teammates.

It just seems to me like everyone is intent on dragging this tournament out for as long as possible ;)

Let's get this show on the road!

Yeah well then give me your teams and wait for the other teams 2 games, and lets go!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ljex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 am

grifftron wrote:
Commander62890 wrote:I like option 1 (no beta). But as for the 5th game, I'm not sure whether we want a random large map of your choosing or a random map. I'll get back to you.

HOW about, i let both teams pick out their 2 maps, no BETA... both teams are OK with this already to my understanding

we play those 4 games first... if a team pulls away a 3-1 upset then thats it, no 5th game...

but if it ends up 2-2 then i will take a list of say 10 maps from each team, i will match up those 2 lists and their should be at least 1 map that matches on those lists when i compare them... that would be the 5th... if we get to that game.

-griff

How will it be decided if there are multiple matches?
Major ljex

Postby billy07 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:07 am

the final should be 3 games on normal maps with over 50 territories. thats been the theme of this tourney all the way so why change it for the final!
Click image to enlarge.

Postby billy07 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 am

ljex wrote:
grifftron wrote:

-griff

Anything that involves you picking maps is not ok with me and if that is somehow decided i will not even bother to join the games. I personally would rather 5 complected random maps but am ok with 1 random map with each team choosing 2 maps (the choosing of these maps would have to be either all maps are ok or only those used in the tournament so far without any other restrictions).

This is why you should pick the maps for the final at the start of the tournament though as you can avoid all this trouble

as you well know i play only normal maps. maybe we could play with 3 players if you want any further advantage?
Click image to enlarge.

Postby grifftron on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:38 am

yeah this is the last tourney i run without laying out the final before hand! that was my mistake...

If you guys can't agree on a 3 game final or a 5 game final i will just drop the tourney, not worth it to me anyways if i have to keep asking you guys to give me games...

PM eachother and figure out if you want 3 game set or 5 game set. I will be waiting.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2011