Conquer Club

2010 Skilled Diversity [Winners: See 1st Post]

Tournaments completed in 2010.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: 2010 Skilled Diversity [Championship]

Postby Bigragooch on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:Bigragooch is 100% correct, it matters none, either way you slice it, the champs of this tourney must win 5 of the 9 games or a majority to be crowned champs.

I don't want to open the arguments (or "discussions") back up. I have been clear about how I felt about things over the last week. We won 5 of 9 from you guys and I think that is a fair tie-breaker. I don't think it is reasonable that we have to win 2 out of 3 more. Additionally, we finished the season with 39 wins and 15 losses (compared to 36 wins and 18 losses for the Horsemen). I think the first tie-breaker of head-to-head would be the better tiebreaker, but I think the latter one of most wins for the season is a fair one too since this is a tournament of carry-overs from prior rounds.

Merry Christmas.
Colonel Bigragooch

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Bigragooch wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:Bigragooch is 100% correct, it matters none, either way you slice it, the champs of this tourney must win 5 of the 9 games or a majority to be crowned champs.

I don't want to open the arguments (or "discussions") back up. I have been clear about how I felt about things over the last week. We won 5 of 9 from you guys and I think that is a fair tie-breaker. I don't think it is reasonable that we have to win 2 out of 3 more. Additionally, we finished the season with 39 wins and 15 losses (compared to 36 wins and 18 losses for the Horsemen). I think the first tie-breaker of head-to-head would be the better tiebreaker, but I think the latter one of most wins for the season is a fair one too since this is a tournament of carry-overs from prior rounds.

Merry Christmas.

I hear you bigragooch, however, this is in the rules and on page 1, it is most total points are winners. I did mention 5 of 9 being champions because I assumed all would continue to follow the rules. If the rules were NOT followed then, it is subject to change, Never once did I say do not follow the rules. Here it is again as on page 1 when all signed up.

ALL points carry over and the team with the most points in the very end is crowned LEGENDS--Champions of the Tournament of the YEAR 2010.

After 72 hours when game is complete, if you have not posted the game win in rounds, you will not get the 0.5 bonus if you win under 10 rounds.

all knew these and I think you may be a bit embarrassed perhaps, since in the championship round you did post the wins and rounds like you always did and forgot one game. If you honestly thought the winner of 5 of 9 are champs and the rules did NOT apply, why would you post the wins and round of the first game you won in the championship?

here is your post bigragooch

Bigragooch wrote:2009-12-14 14:31:08 - Drew483, jgalioto, Geoe, Bigragooch won the game
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - Blitzaholic lost 25 points
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - Big Whiskey lost 25 points
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - dividedbyzero lost 25 points
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - Nephilim lost 25 points
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - Drew483 gained 25 points
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - jgalioto gained 25 points
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - Geoe gained 25 points
2009-12-14 14:31:08 - Bigragooch gained 25 points
[load entire log]

Game 6005329
Round 7

We won this game. 6 left.

again, I ask, why would you post the wins and round of the first game you won in the championship if you did not think the rules applied?

you knew the rules applied is why you posted it.
Last edited by Blitzaholic on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Geoe wrote:Once again I will mention that we incurred a 6 point penalty when NOBODY on our team was aware that some games had started. I'm not arguing that this was an incorrect interpretation of the rules

this is incorrect, your team was penalized 9 points a few rounds ago as you mention, not 6, because 3 of your 4 members were days late and no one posted to tell me why they were late, no pm, nothing, so a player on your team did know, so, do not lie. I pm'd bigragooch, someone on your team had his password and joined the games, when bigracooch got back, he said he was away and apologized. I decided to negotiate with him and only deduct your team 4.5 points back then and not 9, although you should of had minus 9, i did your team a favor and bigragooch thanked me and he agreed with the decision. Now, months later, this comes up and you want to bring an issue up that happened months ago that was already agreed upon, now , you are not liking it? If I did not favor you that 4 in ahalf points, we would already be champions, i was nice and bended for your team then and probably should not have, but, out of kindness I did.

also, you mention you are not arguing this was an incorrect interpretation of the rules, good, because it wasn't, glad we could agree on that, so why bring it back up? That already was clearly settled and old news and has nothing to do with the fact your captain forgot to post a game win with rounds in the championship round.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:51 pm

Bigragooch wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:or if it ends up in a tie 197.5 to 197.5 and your team wins 5 of 9 which it looks like you will I can declare you the winners.

I want to do the right thing here and that may be the fairest and most honorable. Let me sleep on it.

This I agree with. That was the point I was trying to make a few posts ago. Just let it be the team who wins the most games head-to-head, which is what we thought (and discussed in this thread) was going to be the situation when our head-to-head series started.

Thank you.

I know you agree with this Bigragooch and I said I would sleep on it and lean towards it, i did not say this would 100% happen for certain. I had to talk to my teammates and some do not like or favor this, so i am stuck in the middle. I do not want them mad at me or you guys.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Bigragooch on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
Geoe wrote:Once again I will mention that we incurred a 6 point penalty when NOBODY on our team was aware that some games had started. I'm not arguing that this was an incorrect interpretation of the rules

this is incorrect, your team was penalized 9 points a few rounds ago as you mention, not 6, because 3 of your 4 members were days late and no one posted to tell me why they were late, no pm, nothing, so a player on your team did know, so, do not lie. I pm'd bigragooch, someone on your team had his password and joined the games, when bigracooch got back, he said he was away and apologized. I decided to negotiate with him and only deduct your team 4.5 points back then and not 9, although you should of had minus 9, i did your team a favor and bigragooch thanked me and he agreed with the decision. Now, months later, this comes up and you want to bring an issue up that happened months ago that was already agreed upon, now , you are not liking it? If I did not favor you that 4 in ahalf points, we would already be champions, i was nice and bended for your team then and probably should not have, but, out of kindness I did.

also, you mention you are not arguing this was an incorrect interpretation of the rules, good, because it wasn't, glad we could agree on that, so why bring it back up? That already was clearly settled and old news and has nothing to do with the fact your captain forgot to post a game win with rounds in the championship round.

Blitz - you are mistaken on this topic ... you are thinking of the other team. Nobody on our team joined. We were originally penalized 12 points and that was reduced to 6.
Colonel Bigragooch

Postby Bigragooch on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:12 pm

And my teammate was definitely not lying!
Colonel Bigragooch

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Bigragooch wrote:And my teammate was definitely not lying!

ok, 6, but that is irrelevant, has nothing to do this matter, you and I agreed on that and I never gave you the minus 12 points. we came up with a fair decision together and mutually agreed.

Let us focus on hand with the issue here that is going on now.

you never answered my question, you know the rules were always enforced. No since in even having rules if you do not apply them, and we all knew them, and I always have applied them, any and all can tell you this.

Another option I could do is if we tie, have your team choose if you want, 3, 5, 7, or 9 games, I will let your team pick the amount of games on the maps of this tourney. If we extend, there will be no bonus point rules, no posts for wins, just strictly str8 up best of 3 or 5 or 7 or 9, period, majority wins with no rules attached at all except a clear winner.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Bigragooch on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:17 am

Blitzaholic wrote:In fact, if chariot of Fire remembers,, last year i ran a similar tourney to this and he was in the finals, I forgot to post a win of ours and it did go past 72 hours and we won under 10 rounds, but, daryth, his clanmate came in the thread and posted now blitz, you posted you win past 72 hours, you do not get that bonus of 0.5, and you know what? I took my bonus points away. then shatners and daryth both of chariot of fire's teammates said i did the right thing. It was a technicality, but, I did subtract my 0.5 bonus points, you can ask them all. Then shatner said, you know you did the right thing there blitzy, because you know you would of taken it away from us, and he was right, so i took away our bonus points, this is the same thing. I just wish daryth, shatner, or chariot of fire would post this truth. I am treating all fair and the same for myself and others, I never have changed the rules. ask anyone. peace.

You have been so adamant about following the rules as you stated above that I decided to do a little auditing ...

Game 5246981 posted by you on August 3rd over 160 hours after the game was complete yet you gave your team the 0.5 points.

Game 5277143 posted by you on August 8th over 242 hours after the game was complete yet you gave your team the 0.5 points.

Blitz - I think I am owed an apology.
Colonel Bigragooch

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 am

Bigragooch wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:In fact, if chariot of Fire remembers,, last year i ran a similar tourney to this and he was in the finals, I forgot to post a win of ours and it did go past 72 hours and we won under 10 rounds, but, daryth, his clanmate came in the thread and posted now blitz, you posted you win past 72 hours, you do not get that bonus of 0.5, and you know what? I took my bonus points away. then shatners and daryth both of chariot of fire's teammates said i did the right thing. It was a technicality, but, I did subtract my 0.5 bonus points, you can ask them all. Then shatner said, you know you did the right thing there blitzy, because you know you would of taken it away from us, and he was right, so i took away our bonus points, this is the same thing. I just wish daryth, shatner, or chariot of fire would post this truth. I am treating all fair and the same for myself and others, I never have changed the rules. ask anyone. peace.

You have been so adamant about following the rules as you stated above that I decided to do a little auditing ...

Game 5246981 posted by you on August 3rd over 160 hours after the game was complete yet you gave your team the 0.5 points.

Game 5277143 posted by you on August 8th over 242 hours after the game was complete yet you gave your team the 0.5 points.

Sent: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:16 am
To: dividedbyzero Big Whiskey Lindax Bigragooch

Bigragooch wrote:Subject: 2010 Skilled Diversity [Championship]

Bigragooch wrote:

I am not sure what you mean? Are you saying I forgot to post a win past 72 hours? I am not aware of this? I check my games completed almost daily and post when I see them won. It may be possible I posted a win for some games twice because I was unsure if I posted it the first time or not. Soon as I see them done , I post. It may be possible, like I said last year, I did miss one and I was unaware of it, and they brought it to my attention as soon as it happened. Being the tournament organzier does not give us an advantage in this area like you may think.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:50 am

there was also times where other teammates posted your wins and not you the captain and I gave you credit bigragooch and I did not technically have to. my team did as well, but I also quoted it and confirmed it and you never did. so, you should have less points.

but, you know what, I will be the bigger man here and if we tie will give your team the win. I am just sick of debating , especially during the holidays.

When you win, post it, and I will declare your team the champions since you won 5 of 9.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:57 am

-

update

TOTAL COMBINED FINAL POINTS-6th & Final Round ONGOING

Horsemen of the Apocalypse 197.5

vs

Bigragooch and His Immortals 192.5

I did go back thru and they did have a few games where there captain never confirmed there wins and I still gave them the bonus points, and technically I did not have to, but, also, it seems like I may have missed 2 games on KOM maps that I was not involved in, not sure on this, I will have to go back thru and relook at entire thread. I think if I did, a point would be taken away from us and also a point for the 2 games their captain did not post the wins or confirm would be taken away from them, which would leave us 196.5 to 196.5 :lol: sighs and unreal, I am just going to give them it, I am tired of researching this whole thread, i have for an hour last night and found at least 2 games I gave them bonus points where I did not need to. but, they won 5 of 9 in the finals, this is the only thing where it is so so close that says OK, I can accept them winning on that end. again, sorry for all the posts on this my friends. I appreciate everyone;s input and I respect it a lot. There will be many more we will win, no worries, Love, blitzy

p.s.

excellent battles! if we tie the winner of 5 of 9 will be champs.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Just so all are clear, the winner is on the grounds of the "agreement" about the best of 9 final whether this is a tied in total points or not. Whomever wins 5 of the 9 in the finals will be declared tourney winners.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Drew483 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:42 pm

It is done...great tourney, great series

Game 6050543
Sergeant 1st Class Drew483

Postby Bigragooch on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:15 pm

4 days short of 2010 ... so close.

Good match guys. It was a well fought series.
Colonel Bigragooch

Postby Blitzaholic on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Drew483 wrote:It is done...

great tourney,

great series

Game 6050543

thx

I will review all the games 2morrow

and post
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:20 am

vs

Bigragooch and His Immortals 197.5

updated

ok, just reviewing the last 9 games to ensure this, thx for your patience.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 am

vs

Bigragooch and His Immortals 197.5

Just so all are clear, the winner is on the grounds of the "agreement" about the best of 9 final whether this is a tied in total points or not. Whomever wins 5 of the 9 in the finals will be declared tourney winners.

Bigragooch and His Immortals did win 5 of 9 and are declared Champions! Congratz =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:28 pm

Bigragooch wrote:4 days short of 2010 ... so close.

Good match guys. It was a well fought series.

yep, so close, thought for sure it would go to 2010, I guess I could of made 3 games of the 6 at once a week later.
General Blitzaholic

Re: ~^2010 Skilled Diversity [Winners: See 1st Post]

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 pm

2010 now :D
General Blitzaholic

Previous

Return to Completed 2010