Conquer Club

Ultimate Captain+ Doubles [Big_Whiskey & nikola_milicki]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby Scott-Land on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:52 pm

I'm good with it Andrew- just throwig my opinion out there with no thought of you actually changing anything.

Both you and Holiday have used the poker analogy. There are no rounds in poker tournaments. There are levels in which the blinds are changed to induce action. Simply play until you round out of chips = )
Major Scott-Land

Postby pjdonald on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:57 pm

Scott-Land wrote:I'm good with it Andrew- just throwing my opinion out there

Me too!
Major pjdonald

clean slate in next round.

Postby nvwinelover on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:04 pm

I vote for a clean slate in the next round. Every one will then have an equal chance of winning as it should be.
Lieutenant nvwinelover

Re: clean slate in next round.

Postby chessplaya on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:23 am

nvwinelover wrote:I vote for a clean slate in the next round. Every one will then have an equal chance of winning as it should be.

exactly my point

1.5 points is already too much for others to compete against!
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Re: clean slate in next round.

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:33 pm

chessplaya wrote:
nvwinelover wrote:I vote for a clean slate in the next round. Every one will then have an equal chance of winning as it should be.

exactly my point

1.5 points is already too much for others to compete against!

Unfortunately it is not about voting.

I would like to hear an actual explanation, why in final round everyone need to have an equal chance of winning? And why it should be? And why the previous 20 games should not count? And why we didn't start with the finals right from the beginning then?

I have explained and provided the reasons for my positions, and I am yet to see the reasons for your position, guys. And you didn't explained why my reasons are wrong.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:34 pm

Scott-Land wrote:I'm good with it Andrew- just throwig my opinion out there with no thought of you actually changing anything.

Both you and Holiday have used the poker analogy. There are no rounds in poker tournaments. There are levels in which the blinds are changed to induce action. Simply play until you round out of chips = )

When you play in poker tournament and win at one table, you get to move all your winnings to the next table.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:44 pm

Unless I will see the proper reasons explained I am making the following decision:

Just because my team is benefiting the most from the points transfer, I want to reduce the points transfer from 50% to 25% of total points differential from the previous round. Effectively the final will include 6.25% (25%*25%) of the round 1 points transfer.

If my team would not be in the position of the most benefit, I would definitely leave the rule intact.

I just don't want to be called impartial tournament director.
Last edited by AndrewB on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:23 pm

AndrewB wrote:
Scott-Land wrote:I'm good with it Andrew- just throwig my opinion out there with no thought of you actually changing anything.

When you play in poker tournament and win at one table, you get to move all your winnings to the next table.

oh poker comparisons, you know i luv it :lol:

keep the rules you set andrewb, PERIOD

i agree with all saying this so far, no one wants you to change anything for this tourney, they are saying ideas for maybe future tourneys, all are having a blast and a great time.

your time and efforts in developing all this a truly appreciated and respected, you have done a fantastic job and sure very time consuming.

keep the points carrying over like has been set forth already, no more votes on changing them , geez, keep it all the same as you have it right now PLEASE. TY

perhaps the final round of players that advance that far or the final table, we could discuss or negotiate something, but surely the teams that have won the most games deserve a little more points to start out then the rest, not much, but a little, i like andrewbs invention of the carry over points.

a team that barely eeks in, compared to a team who dominated a round before, then has a string of bad luck games, well still could advance maybe with point carrying over, i just dont think it is right to change these rules after andrewb has already implemented them, maybe for future tourneys we could discuss this.
General Blitzaholic

Postby AndrewB on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:27 pm

And one more thing. Could everyone double check their team winnings in the tables, please? Don't want to make a mistake ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby trestain on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:40 pm

AndrewB wrote:And one more thing. Could everyone double check their team winnings in the tables, please? Don't want to make a mistake ;)

Andrew i checked our winnings, you have our points correct but you have us down as 5 wins 2 losses in the 1's and 0's.

On the points transfer debate i think you should stick with the rules you already have laid out, We have all played this tourney knowing the rules so i see no reason for anyone to complain about them now.

Thanks for an awesome tourney i just hope i am still a captain when the next one comes around
Battles are won by slaughter and manoeuvre. The greater the general, the more he contributes in manoeuvre, the less he demands in slaughter.
Winston Churchill
Sergeant 1st Class trestain

Postby Scott-Land on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:37 pm

AndrewB wrote:

That's the point(s).......... first unless it's super satellite to get into a bigger tourny- and then you don't bring the chips you've won in the sat to the tourn you've just won a seat in.

In a tournament- you don't ever win a table- unles it's a sit-n-go. You're moved once your table is broken down to fill the other remaining tables to make full ones. Even so-- you're saying you get to take ALL your chips/winnings to the other table not 50%.

Anyhow- I know this doesn't pertain to the current discussion. I agree with Blitz- tournies are established with set rules and we should follow the guidelines. He is correct in saying that I was talking about future tournaments.

I certainly am not saying you're changing rules to benefit your team. It;s commendable that you would change them to a disadvantage for you guys but not necessary or should be done at all.

I made a poor assumption in saying that there were no points carrying over to the final round......
Major Scott-Land

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:39 am

ty for agreeing scott on maintaining the same rules for this tourney as andrewb as laid forth, sounds like trestain and most agree, so thats done.

i think what andrewb was talking about when saying poker tourney and this tourney is this: if you are in a wsop main event or wpt all start out in the same round and same amount of chips as the day or days winds down some get knocked out and some advance, it is still the same tourney in poker as we are still playing the same tourney here, but on the next day, all start out with different chips counts, they dont lose them or all start with same, well all after the 1st round start out with different points, same thing. and if you are dominating a round here on risk or dominating a poker table and then get re-seated or moved, you get to carry all those chips over with you, even if you have a monster stack.

also as the tourney advances and you get to the final table, there is all different sets of chips amounts, some have a lot and some do not, but the ones who get some bad beats or poor roll of the dice and lose a few hands or games in risk, they still in, why? because they dominated so much earlier and earned a right to still be in it, now if they keep playing poorly or getting bad luck oh well, lol, it happens.

now if the tourney comes down to the final 2 teams, how does this work? i know points carry over, but do they play 10 matches against each other, same as all rounds?
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:30 am

1201501, Blitz and RL win over karlo and leone
General Blitzaholic

Postby AndrewB on Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:18 am

Blitzaholic wrote:now if the tourney comes down to the final 2 teams, how does this work? i know points carry over, but do they play 10 matches against each other, same as all rounds?

In the final we will have 6 teams, which will play same 10 games against each other.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby chessplaya on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:43 am

AndrewB wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:now if the tourney comes down to the final 2 teams, how does this work? i know points carry over, but do they play 10 matches against each other, same as all rounds?

In the final we will have 6 teams, which will play same 10 games against each other.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH , so no head to head challenge???

I thought the 1st 2 teams in last round will go best 3 out of 5 games to decide the winner?
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby nikola_milicki on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:11 pm

1245631 Big and nik win
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby firstholliday on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:22 pm

[quote="AndrewB"]And one more thing. Could everyone double check their team winnings in the tables, please? Don't want to make a mistake ;)[/quote

Well Sir Titus and FH seems to have won zero games according to you....

This CAN"T be right...

It just can't....

really..... :cry:
General firstholliday

Postby firstholliday on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:53 pm

And it wasn't,

Sit tit and fh won gamenr 1201489 against Neph and Jay.
General firstholliday

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:22 pm

chessplaya wrote:
AndrewB wrote:

OHHHHHHHHHHHH , so no head to head challenge???

I thought the 1st 2 teams in last round will go best 3 out of 5 games to decide the winner?

Well that's the thing- if there were no points being carried over then it would be like a round robin bracket for a Championship game. Along with 3rd and 4th playing for 3rd place. With the points being carried over- I don't see how this would happen Chess.
Major Scott-Land

Postby AndrewB on Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:24 pm

I am sorry guys but the format of this league was decided right from the beginning. It is a league, without elimination style finals and semifinals.

And this format was clearly defined in the beginning of the tournament.

The reason behind not having the elimination at the end of the tournament is following. In that way I want to eliminate luck factor as much as possible; the more games are taking into the consideration, the better quality of players evaluation we have.

I will take your comments into the consideration for the future tournament, which, by the way, will be starting in the January.

I might do double elimination tournament instead of league format, or maybe not ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby firstholliday on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:20 am

I will take your comments into the consideration for the future tournament, which, by the way, will be starting in the January.

Sir Titus and Firstholliday want to enter thrue this thread.
I will be home (from a well decerved holliday :-) Jan 14.
If this starts earlier Tit will make my moves for me.
Surely he can't loose 10 in a week or so... hehehe

Is this ok Andrew baby, you fun loving criminal you? 8)
General firstholliday

Postby AndrewB on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:16 pm

firstholliday wrote:I will take your comments into the consideration for the future tournament, which, by the way, will be starting in the January.

Sir Titus and Firstholliday want to enter thrue this thread.
I will be home (from a well decerved holliday :-) Jan 14.
If this starts earlier Tit will make my moves for me.
Surely he can't loose 10 in a week or so... hehehe

Is this ok Andrew baby, you fun loving criminal you? 8)

LOL, sure, your names are down, unless I will forget in the fog of holiday drankiness LOL.

That is ok, you are in ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby pjdonald on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:26 pm

AndrewB wrote:... I want to reduce the points transfer from 50% to 25% of total points differential from the previous round. Effectively the final will include 6.25% (25%*25%) of the round 1 points transfer...

Will the Round 2 standings be updated to reflect this?

Thanks Andrew.
Major pjdonald

Postby AndrewB on Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:15 pm

Tables are updated as of Nov 26.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby AndrewB on Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:22 pm

pjdonald wrote:
AndrewB wrote:... I want to reduce the points transfer from 50% to 25% of total points differential from the previous round. Effectively the final will include 6.25% (25%*25%) of the round 1 points transfer...

Will the Round 2 standings be updated to reflect this?

Thanks Andrew.

I am not sure what to do...

3 players ( chassplaya, firstholliday, nvwinelover) said no points transfer for this tournament.
2 more players ( Scott-land, Pjdonald) said no transfer for the future tournaments.
3 players (AndrewB, Blitzaholic, trestain) said leave everything as it is.

The rest 16 people didnt express their opinion, so I assume in that way they said no change is needed.

Noone (apart from me) suggested to reduce the points transfer from 50% to 25%.

If I reduce from 50% to 25% then it is not only my team, who is affected, but every other one too.

I am not sure what to do. Lemme think for a couple of days. Maybe someone will actually propose and/or validate other solution.
Lieutenant AndrewB

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007