Conquer Club

PolyMarch 2018

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

PolyMarch 2018

Postby InnyaFacce on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:38 am

Elaterate wrote:that game is not a trench game jfm10. It was a game on on of the Beta maps, Slovakia

Game 18112022
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - Elaterate won the game
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - guzmanuk lost 38 points
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - Elaterate gained 38 points
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - guzmanuk has a score of 2242.
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - Elaterate has a score of 1243.

Elaterate
Looks like that game you won did not use a 20 Round Limit or 30 Round Limit in the settings
[ 1 ] of those settings are mandatory for the March Monthly Challenge
That is why you did not receive a Gold Token
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Re: PolyMarch 2018

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:38 am

InnyaFacce wrote:
Elaterate wrote:that game is not a trench game jfm10. It was a game on on of the Beta maps, Slovakia

Game 18112022
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - Elaterate won the game
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - guzmanuk lost 38 points
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - Elaterate gained 38 points
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - guzmanuk has a score of 2242.
2018-03-07 04:08:03 - Elaterate has a score of 1243.

Elaterate
Looks like that game you won did not use a 20 Round Limit or 30 Round Limit in the settings
[ 1 ] of those settings are mandatory for the March Monthly Challenge
That is why you did not receive a Gold Token

This.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby lokisgal on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:26 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
xroads wrote:What is the purpose of bronze tokens if they are 0 points

The system needs them in order to calculate win percentage.

A nice idea might be to award 1 point for every x amount of games joined. Say 1 point for every 5 or 10 . Just a thought
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 pm

lokisgal wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:
xroads wrote:What is the purpose of bronze tokens if they are 0 points

The system needs them in order to calculate win percentage.

A nice idea might be to award 1 point for every x amount of games joined. Say 1 point for every 5 or 10 . Just a thought

We've done that in the past, I'm sure we will again in the future. It really comes down to what we're emphasizing that month. This month, it's win percentage.
Captain CatchersMitt14

PolyMarch 2018

Postby InnyaFacce on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:18 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:It doesn’t matter. The computer reads you as 0%, same as everyone else regardless of what tokens you have. It doesn’t distinguish between someone with 100 tokens and 0% win and someone with 10 tokens and a 0% win. I don’t know how it is the computer sorts all the 0% scores but this happens in every event. You always see youself in a different place when tied at 0. It constantly shifts, always has. You have your tokens, your’re fine.
Nothing to worry about until you hit 140 points.

I have reached the Required Point Total of 140 Points
I should be on the Scoreboard
2 x GOLD TOKENS
18 x SILVER TOKENS
TOTAL : 146 POINTS

How I am I to know if others have reached the required points if it is not shown on the scoreboard ?

How am I to know if I need to play more games to try and raise my Win % against other Players if it is not shown on the scoreboard ?

I know sometimes it takes a while to update the system but,
My score on the Leader Scoreboard has already been updated to reflect my current score
So I know that I have waited long enough before making these inquiries about the Monthly Challenge Scoreboard

++++++++++

I posted this earlier - maybe you missed it
March 6th, 2018, 8:18 am
Just wondering why the Scoreboard does not use the Number of BRONZE TOKENS obtained during the Month
As a source for scoring until Players have earned the required Points and the Win Percentage is included

Example :
Player X has 13 BRONZE TOKENS in 1st Place
Player Z has 11 BRONZE TOKENS in 2nd Place
Continue down the list in that order
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:30 pm

InnyaFacce wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:It doesn’t matter. The computer reads you as 0%, same as everyone else regardless of what tokens you have. It doesn’t distinguish between someone with 100 tokens and 0% win and someone with 10 tokens and a 0% win. I don’t know how it is the computer sorts all the 0% scores but this happens in every event. You always see youself in a different place when tied at 0. It constantly shifts, always has. You have your tokens, your’re fine.

2 x GOLD TOKENS
18 x SILVER TOKENS

How I am I to know if others have reached the required points if it is not shown on the scoreboard ?

How am I to know if I need to play more games to try and raise my Win % against other Players if it is not shown on the scoreboard ?

My score on the Leader Scoreboard has already been updated to reflect my current score
So I know that I have waited long enough before making these inquiries about the Monthly Challenge Scoreboard

++++++++++

I posted this earlier - maybe you missed it
Just wondering why the Scoreboard does not use the Number of BRONZE TOKENS obtained during the Month
As a source for scoring until Players have earned the required Points and the Win Percentage is included

Example :

will look into it.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 pm

InnyaFacce wrote:

2 x GOLD TOKENS
18 x SILVER TOKENS

Fixed.
InnyaFacce wrote:I posted this earlier - maybe you missed it

Example :

I don't know. It is what it is.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 am

Anything planned for games that end after the end of the challenge? As you get participation tokens for joining that are used in determining the %win, wouldn't finishing a game after the deadline give you no silver/gold token (but you'd still have your bronze from joining), therefore artificially decreasing the %win?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:20 am

ZaBeast wrote:Anything planned for games that end after the end of the challenge? As you get participation tokens for joining that are used in determining the %win, wouldn't finishing a game after the deadline give you no silver/gold token (but you'd still have your bronze from joining), therefore artificially decreasing the %win?

The scoreboard only calculates win percentage from the tokens you have. Once the deadline is reached and no more tokens are dropping, there's no change in your posted win percentage, though of course there may be more games that you win.

Having a month to finish your games, though, is usually enough for the vast majority of them. In the years we've been running the Monthly Challenges, there were only two or three instances where a significant number of Challenge games didn't finish before the deadline.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Otnal on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:30 pm

I really don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I do want my due credit. I sent a PM regarding a glitch in the scoreboard on March 14...

Sent: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:57 pm
To: CatchersMitt14

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but there is a glitch in the scoreboard. I have been keeping track of my games for this and knew that I was running at over 50% so when I finally did show up on the scoreboard at only 30% today I was quite surprised. So to double check my record keeping I went to game finder and rechecked. I have 34 completed games that qualifiy, of these 18 are wins which is 53%...in addition to that the token count is incorrect shows I have 10 silver (correct), 7 gold (should be 8) This in fact places me in second not third. I would appreciate you looking into this for me.

To which I recieve a reply on March 14 "I will look into it" well thank you for the reply, but it is March 17 now and I am at 40% on the scoreboard, sorry NOT CORRECT! It is plain sight for ANYONE who wishes to take the time to search and do the math. I have currently 46 completed (qualifying games) 26 wins = 57% NOT 40%.

I don't normally participate in the challenges but this month seeing it was poly and I play a lot of poly I figured I would. Now I wonder, why bother as it is apparently rigged anyway! CC has enough issues...dice, seeded by score tournaments (USA yes I quit as I don't think major/colonel vs a cook is seeded by score) Then we sit and ponder..."why do we have a declining membership?" A promise from a site only to find out it's a lie.

DO NOT put things out there if you can't get it right!!! I want ALL to look at my games and someone to tell me I am wrong! I AM NOT but I would be challenged to triple check at least.

I will be honest I am at the point that this site can "shove it" as everything seems to be rigged. I have brought many members to this site (most paid, none I recieved credit for as I did not use URL so on me) There will be NO MORE!
Major Otnal

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Otnal wrote:I really don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I do want my due credit. I sent a PM regarding a glitch in the scoreboard on March 14...

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but there is a glitch in the scoreboard. I have been keeping track of my games for this and knew that I was running at over 50% so when I finally did show up on the scoreboard at only 30% today I was quite surprised. So to double check my record keeping I went to game finder and rechecked. I have 34 completed games that qualifiy, of these 18 are wins which is 53%...in addition to that the token count is incorrect shows I have 10 silver (correct), 7 gold (should be 8) This in fact places me in second not third. I would appreciate you looking into this for me.

To which I recieve a reply on March 14 "I will look into it" well thank you for the reply, but it is March 17 now and I am at 40% on the scoreboard, sorry NOT CORRECT! It is plain sight for ANYONE who wishes to take the time to search and do the math. I have currently 46 completed (qualifying games) 26 wins = 57% NOT 40%.

I don't normally participate in the challenges but this month seeing it was poly and I play a lot of poly I figured I would. Now I wonder, why bother as it is apparently rigged anyway! CC has enough issues...dice, seeded by score tournaments (USA yes I quit as I don't think major/colonel vs a cook is seeded by score) Then we sit and ponder..."why do we have a declining membership?" A promise from a site only to find out it's a lie.

DO NOT put things out there if you can't get it right!!! I want ALL to look at my games and someone to tell me I am wrong! I AM NOT but I would be challenged to triple check at least.

I will be honest I am at the point that this site can "shove it" as everything seems to be rigged. I have brought many members to this site (most paid, none I recieved credit for as I did not use URL so on me) There will be NO MORE!

First, you currently have 63 bronze tokens, those are games you've JOINED. So the system does (#GOLD + #SILVER)/BRONZE. The system cannot distinguished between bronze active and bronze completed games. Which means currently the math is correct (14+11)/63 = 40%. Therefore, NO ERROR. You're now complaining about an "issue" which does not exist.

Second and more importantly, you're asking me to go through your sixty-three games manually, that takes time. I have a life and other tasks around CC, my sole purpose is not to comb through all your games. I've had a hectic week, I will get to it, probably at some point this weekend. Also, issues in the system are out of my control which means I have to go to Wham to fix them. The back and forth between us takes time as we communicate through PM and not in real time. I told you I am working on it and I am, please just be patient.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:25 am

CM14 is right, as she usually is.

Otnal, you have joined 63 games and you have won 25 of them. That is a percentage of 39.68253968253968253968253968254 or 40%. The system does not distinguish between ongoing and completed games. While you haven't lost the incomplete games, you haven't won them either, so they don't count towards your score yet. Presumably your win percentage will rise as more of these games finish.

I'd like to remind everyone that CM is an unpaid volunteer, as are all of us. While she is normally very quick at answering questions and investigating problems, she may not always have time to give personal attention to every concern. Sometimes these challenges run quite smoothly; other times there are tons of issues to be worked out. It's hard to believe that it's now been more than two years -- 28 months to be exact -- since CM took over running these Challenges, and for all that time CM has been faithfully at her post, devising new challenges, resolving all kinds of issues, sometimes running very close to the limits of what the system will allow. I don't think I've ever seen a volunteer with a more consistent output over such a sustained period.

Thank you, CatchersMitt14, for your commitment to these Challenges and your fortitude in seeing them through! =D>
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Otnal on Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:17 am

Ok that makes sense, I was thinking it was looking at "completed" games therefore was incorrect. Thank you for clearing that up, and to ALL of you keep up the great work.
Major Otnal

Postby Donelladan on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:Anything planned for games that end after the end of the challenge? As you get participation tokens for joining that are used in determining the %win, wouldn't finishing a game after the deadline give you no silver/gold token (but you'd still have your bronze from joining), therefore artificially decreasing the %win?

The scoreboard only calculates win percentage from the tokens you have. Once the deadline is reached and no more tokens are dropping, there's no change in your posted win percentage, though of course there may be more games that you win.

Having a month to finish your games, though, is usually enough for the vast majority of them. In the years we've been running the Monthly Challenges, there were only two or three instances where a significant number of Challenge games didn't finish before the deadline.

Ok but he is still making a point.

Gold token are poly trench games. Those can take long time to finish. And some opponent could be slow playing in purpose.
Let's say I have 10 poly (4) games that are sure win, in trench my opponent can easily make it last 20 days if he wish to.

I am not asking that games that finish after the deadline still count ( win or loss) but at least, reduce the number of bronze token to the real number of games that are finished within the limit.

Could the game started during the challenge but not finished within be removed manually ? If it's only a couple of games it shouldn't be difficult.
I may volunteer to help if it's possible to do it.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
Otnal wrote:I really don't want to be a pain in the ass, but I do want my due credit. I sent a PM regarding a glitch in the scoreboard on March 14...

Hi,

First, you currently have 63 bronze tokens, those are games you've JOINED. So the system does (#GOLD + #SILVER)/BRONZE. The system cannot distinguished between bronze active and bronze completed games. Which means currently the math is correct (14+11)/63 = 40%. Therefore, NO ERROR. You're now complaining about an "issue" which does not exist.

Second and more importantly, you're asking me to go through your sixty-three games manually, that takes time. I have a life and other tasks around CC, my sole purpose is not to comb through all your games. I've had a hectic week, I will get to it, probably at some point this weekend. Also, issues in the system are out of my control which means I have to go to Wham to fix them. The back and forth between us takes time as we communicate through PM and not in real time. I told you I am working on it and I am, please just be patient.

Okay, I've gone through your games. It all looks correct to me. If you still this there is an error then you need to provide specific games numbers as I do not see an issue at all, as in, there never was an issue in the first place.

Your stats as of when I checked your games according to the scoreboard:
73 - bronze
17 - silver
16 - gold

Your stats according to game finder:
38 silver joins
30 silver finished
17 silver wins

35 gold joins
26 gold finished
16 gold wins

show: Gold Tokens

show: Silver Tokens
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Otnal on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Dukasaur had already addressed win percentage is not on completed games (as I had thought)but on total active/completed, that is where my main issue was. Thank you though for looking and getting back to me on it.
Major Otnal

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Donelladan wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Gold token are poly trench games. Those can take long time to finish. And some opponent could be slow playing in purpose.
Let's say I have 10 poly (4) games that are sure win, in trench my opponent can easily make it last 20 days if he wish to.

I am not asking that games that finish after the deadline still count ( win or loss) but at least, reduce the number of bronze token to the real number of games that are finished within the limit.

Could the game started during the challenge but not finished within be removed manually ? If it's only a couple of games it shouldn't be difficult.

KA is the only one who can delete games and he isn't going to do that without a good reason. This is why we have mandatory round limits and the following month to finish games.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Donelladan on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:49 pm

I didn't mean to remove the game, but to remove the bronze token, so that the win % is accurate.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby josko.ri on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 am

Donelladan wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I am against this idea because the same as you pointed out that your opponent can intentionally drag lost game, you can also intentionally drag game lost by you in order that it finishes in May and that your bronze token gets deleted which would be unfairly gaining advantage over a loophole.

Rules were known in advance so if you were planning to play games that last longer than one month, you could start them at the beginning of March to give yourself enough time to finish them.
Major josko.ri

Postby MikeDigornio on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Are percentage tie-breakers decided first by the total number of points scored?
Cadet MikeDigornio

PolyMarch 2018

Postby InnyaFacce on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:26 am

MikeDigornio wrote:Are percentage tie-breakers decided first by the total number of points scored?

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first.
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby bergy1 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 pm

So Josko is going to win this by playing 20 home maps on 2.1 with unlimited forts - which most of his opponents missed turn 1

Respect for ingenuity but no cred for difficulty
Colonel bergy1

Postby MikeDigornio on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:00 pm

that sucks that i have no shot to win just because my opponents deadbeat and stalled out my victories
Cadet MikeDigornio

Postby Swifte on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm

MikeDigornio wrote:that sucks that i have no shot to win just because my opponents deadbeat and stalled out my victories

you have until end of April for games to complete..
Colonel Swifte

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Swifte wrote:
MikeDigornio wrote:that sucks that i have no shot to win just because my opponents deadbeat and stalled out my victories

you have until end of April for games to complete..

Yeah, I was going to post that, but then I checked his games and realized what he's talking about. He's going to finish with 100% record, but he'll be 2nd because of the tiebreak conditions.

Second is nothing to sneeze at, and no matter what you make the tiebreak conditions it will leave someone unhappy.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges