Conquer Club

Monthly Challenges:January 2014

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Monthly Challenges:January 2014

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 am

DoomYoshi wrote:White Buffalo, bahrain, smegal69, jaxdadio, ooge, b00060, gamefreakguy and Tviorr have been added to the medal list!

Medals awarded.
Congrats, guys!

DoomYoshi wrote:We also now have a new record-low score.

Mwomp mwomp mwomp.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby jonofperu on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Just got another elimination in Game 13780116.
That should qualify me for the December challenge medal with 29 points.
Major jonofperu

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 pm

jonofperu wrote:Just got another elimination in Game 13780116.

I'm sorry but it's 12 days past the deadline.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
jonofperu wrote:Just got another elimination in Game 13780116.

I'm sorry but it's 12 days past the deadline.

Disgraceful.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Tviorr on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:17 pm

woot.

excellent. Thx.

One question does it mean what it says when it states that as further games finish the scores will be updated with the fresh points? Or is the deadline for finishing games for January up and its simply a standard text in there and no more games will count?
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 am

Tviorr wrote:woot.

excellent. Thx.

One question does it mean what it says when it states that as further games finish the scores will be updated with the fresh points? Or is the deadline for finishing games for January up and its simply a standard text in there and no more games will count?

Games stopped Counting Feb 7th. I just suck at having enough time to get to scoring.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ooge on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:51 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

excellent. Thx.

Games stopped Counting Feb 7th. I just suck at having enough time to get to scoring.

were players that started these games in January but who did not Finnish these games by Feb 7th. given the 10pts. at least for being in the game? If not this may be enough pts. for some players to qualify for this medal.
Captain ooge

Postby ckyrias on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:02 am

All games needs to finish 1 week after the end of the month? that way i don't get januarys medal!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sergeant ckyrias

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:04 am

ooge wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

excellent. Thx.

were players that started these games in January but who did not Finnish these games by Feb 7th. given the 10pts. at least for being in the game? If not this may be enough pts. for some players to qualify for this medal.

Only if those extra points are the difference between a medal and not.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Tviorr on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
ooge wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

excellent. Thx.

Perfectly understandable. Thx. for all the Work youve put ánd are putting into this. Seeing as January was right up my alley, but I got started fairly late, one more stupid question: Does the above mean that participant points and only participant points for games started in January may be added to a score (ie my score) or that other points may be added as well if one of the conditions apply (ie "b) the scoring discrepancy would put you in the top 10,") and the player in question goes to the trouble of accumulating a list of the games and the points in question?

I find the latter part unlikely but as that could feasibly double my score, Id be more than happy to do that when my remaining games trickle to an end, so just in case I get the green light, I thought Id ask ;-)
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Postby ooge on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 am

Tviorr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
ooge wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

excellent. Thx.

Perfectly understandable. Thx. for all the Work youve put ánd are putting into this. Seeing as January was right up my alley, but I got started fairly late, one more stupid question: Does the above mean that participant points and only participant points for games started in January may be added to a score (ie my score) or that other points may be added as well if one of the conditions apply (ie "b) the scoring discrepancy would put you in the top 10,") and the player in question goes to the trouble of accumulating a list of the games and the points in question?

I find the latter part unlikely but as that could feasibly double my score, Id be more than happy to do that when my remaining games trickle to an end, so just in case I get the green light, I thought Id ask ;-)

well if thats true..I am about to win this game that was started Jan. 6 http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=13813131
Captain ooge

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Another batch of games gone through, the Terminators have been added. All that remains is standard. No new people got medals.

Also, here is a sneak preview of March's challenge.

░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:25 pm

hwhrhett, celliotti, lordlau1, kyaljs, jcsolidrock, mint-murray get added to the medallists list.

I am done scoring. This was a huge challenge, and it was probably a bit too tough. I am sorry to those who tried, but didn't quite make it. I am also sorry that everyone had to wait so long for the scoreboard to come up.

If you notice an error in your scoring, send me a PM. Please only send one if it matters to the getting of your medal.

For those who were in games after the deadline (Feb 7th) passed, I did not award participation marks. I will award them if it matters.

I didn't win my own challenge. How embarrassing.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Tviorr on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Thx for the challenge. Got to like a new map. - Well not that new, but I never had much truck with it before. I suppose the settings on it simply suited me for some reason. So thx for broadening my horizon as well :-)
Major Tviorr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:20 pm

All medals have been issued. This thread can now be archived.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges