Conquer Club

August Challenge: Geneva Convention, 1864

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: August Challenge: Geneva Convention, 1864

Postby ooge on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:29 am

hwhrhett wrote:
ooge wrote:If no one meets the challenge can it be considered a success or a disaster?

I don't think anyones gonna do it... but im probably wrong....

He let himself get talked into changing the scoring system as a result players are not bothering with this and the players who may be willing to play 300 games cant get the games filled so that eliminates those players as well from doing it.A few players may accomplish this,but if the goal is to have the most players participate in these challenges I think you have to consider this month a failure.
Captain ooge

Postby jonofperu on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:59 pm

A FOURTH "companion" tourney is waiting for signups:
Major jonofperu

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:16 am

jonofperu wrote:A FOURTH "companion" tourney is waiting for signups:

... and with 90 hours left to start games, let's get it filled FAST!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jonofperu on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:16 pm

What Dukasaur said!
We need just 3 signups to launch August Challenge Companion 4!
Also need 1 signup to launch the games for August Challenge Companion 3!
(someone dropped out at the last minute in #3 and I have no reserves in that one)
Major jonofperu

Postby jonofperu on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:46 am

Major jonofperu

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:Two players, who shall rename nameless joined 93 of the 104 games that are active or waiting for players. They had foed me, and made it so that I could not join any of those games. And when I pm'd them to make them aware, they were one hundred percent uncooperative and unsympathetic. Personally, I feel like they are making themselves to be public nuisances who are violating the spirit of the COMMUNITY challenge. For they are free to foe me or whomever; but once they butt join games in a COMMUNITY challenge and severely limit the games that other players can join, they are not acting within the spirit of the COMMUNITY challenge whatsoever.
I shall name that playerRaLLy77. Joined every game in waiting and places you on ignore so you cant join. Since the games are a required 12 players and only so many players playing the challenge, it was kind of hard to even join a game. So last month he have the winner joining games and suiciding the 2nd and 3rd place winner to lock up first place and now this month the winner placed all his threats on ignore so they could not join the games. Looking forward to next month !
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:54 am

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:Two players, who shall rename nameless joined 93 of the 104 games that are active or waiting for players. They had foed me, and made it so that I could not join any of those games. And when I pm'd them to make them aware, they were one hundred percent uncooperative and unsympathetic. Personally, I feel like they are making themselves to be public nuisances who are violating the spirit of the COMMUNITY challenge. For they are free to foe me or whomever; but once they butt join games in a COMMUNITY challenge and severely limit the games that other players can join, they are not acting within the spirit of the COMMUNITY challenge whatsoever.
I shall name that playerRaLLy77. Joined every game in waiting and places you on ignore so you cant join. Since the games are a required 12 players and only so many players playing the challenge, it was kind of hard to even join a game. So last month he have the winner joining games and suiciding the 2nd and 3rd place winner to lock up first place and now this month the winner placed all his threats on ignore so they could not join the games. Looking forward to next month !

Stop playing then, you and b00060 are just as bad.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:24 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:

Stop playing then, you and b00060 are just as bad.

The actual names of the players are not necessarily so relevant to the fact that this is a systematic problem. I brought this issue up with (EDIT: DoomYoshi) in PMs and on this thread; and he frankly seemed fairly apathetic on the issue. As such, I don't believe much if anything will be done to prevent the ongoing abuse of these players in this challenge and in the upcoming challenges for the forseeable future.

When a player can't join more than ninety percent of the games in a OPEN COMMUNITY EVENT because the actions of only two players, and the challenge organizer doesn't see that as a MAJOR PROBLEM, then it's frankly disheartening.

I know that in my case, I just walked away from the challenge, because the option of joining created games had been effectively stripped from me due to the actions of two players and the subsequent inaction of the challenge organizer.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Just to clarify, Duk doesn't organise any of this. Speak to DY.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:47 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Just to clarify, Duk doesn't organise any of this. Speak to DY.

Yea, I meant DY. I have a handful of PMs to DY in my sent box.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:34 am

5 medallists so far!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 pm

This challenge is like living in a Zombie movie. Rather than excitement, it's a grueling, depressing struggle. I agree, worst challenge ever.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:54 pm

excellent job to the grand total of 6 winners this month !!!
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Actually, in games without round limits, it played out like I envisioned. Round Limits, once again, ruin the game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Donelladan on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:13 am

Hey, I finished my last games the 29/10, which gave me a 3rd victory.

Will it count?
Colonel Donelladan

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 am

16 medals handed out.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges