Conquer Club

December 2014 Challenge: The Automated Passport

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: December 2014 Challenge: The Automated Passport

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Ok, so some are being issued. There is a bug thread. Report any issues relating to the 3 stocking deal to that bug thread.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Mad777 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:50 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, so some are being issued. There is a bug thread. Report any issues relating to the 3 stocking deal to that bug thread.

That thread talk about stocking/present not about stocking/stamp...
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:01 pm

I can't see your inventory. What I can see is that some players already have 32 stamps, and nobody has issued that stamp, other than the automatic version. The people who respond to bug reports have the ability to see your inventory, and it is related enough to belong in the same thread (I suspect there is some thing that happened across the board for some stocking or present like #s being wrong or whatever).
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Mad777 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Ok I will post a message, I received a green, blue and red stickers
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby jburg8 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Merry Merry!
New Recruit jburg8

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Mad777 wrote:Ok I will post a message, I received a green, blue and red stickers

Ok, I imagine bW will be able to sort this out. Right now he is visiting family for the holidays.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Mad777 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Ok I will post a message, I received a green, blue and red stickers

Ok, I imagine bW will be able to sort this out. Right now he is visiting family for the holidays.

I hope, this would my my 20th stamp and done to get bothe medals....

Great organization anyway Doom was nicely done!!!! =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Swifte on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Reached my goal of 20. Thanks to DoomYoshi for a year of fun challenges, and especially for this one :) Thanks to BW as well for making the automation possible! And of course thanks to the rest of team CC that contributed ideas/ helped make this possible. Looking forward to a great 2015!
Colonel Swifte

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:25 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I would think it would tell you in the game which stamp you got???

Question: What if Saxi deletes our wall posts?
Question 2: How do you determine who is fastest to 35 taking into account things like posting here, on Saxi's wall, etc.?

Now there are 35 stamps??? ;)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby kentong on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:29 am

so difficult to get the stamps
i got 2 only
Lieutenant kentong

Postby Mad777 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:58 am

Mad777 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I hope, this would my my 20th stamp and done to get bothe medals....

Great organization anyway Doom was nicely done!!!! =D> =D> =D>

issue fixed! I got officially 20 stamps and lot of games still ongoing for may be few more, my goal was initially getting 10, but got 20 8-)

See you next year for more fun!
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby JESKIER on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:15 am

Happy New Year to all !!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class JESKIER

Postby osman76 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi! We are getting close to the end of the event. Please give me the stamps below:

Host a Community Tournament (stamp02)
My tournament is full, awaiting privilleges http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=209783

Newsletter Prize (stamp21)
My post is there, i hope it is ok --> http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=429&t=209610&start=25#p4604564

Still no random stamp32, it will make me buy the stamp06 :(
Captain osman76

Postby mcshanester29 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:56 am

Also still need my stamp for community tournament - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=209737
Private mcshanester29

Postby CaronylKluster on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Happy New Year. Thought I would post to participate in the stamp mania.
Colonel CaronylKluster

Location: SITTERS - The_Samurai, jdmcinty, swimmerdude99, arama86n, 4 U 2 NV

Postby ooge on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Why would you not give credit for games that started in December but end January 1 a stamp when ALL THE PAST monthly challenges have given credit to games that started in the month but ended in the first couple weeks of the next month.Every time this has been the case.Why if you change it not highlight it.Consistency is a big problem with this site.You should give credit for these games.really disappointing.
Captain ooge

Postby grt on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:02 pm

ooge wrote:Why would you not give credit for games that started in December but end January 1 a stamp when ALL THE PAST monthly challenges have given credit to games that started in the month but ended in the first couple weeks of the next month.Every time this has been the case.Why if you change it not highlight it.Consistency is a big problem with this site.You should give credit for these games.really disappointing.

I think it was clear in the "Notes" in the first post when the games had to be finished by. Maybe not consistent with other events though.
Captain grt

Postby lokisgal on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:46 pm

grt wrote:[
I think it was clear in the "Notes" in the first post when the games had to be finished by. Maybe not consistent with other events though.

Games must start between CC Time: 2014-12-02 00:00:00 and CC Time: 2015-01-01 00:00:00 to be considered for the Challenge.
Each stamp will only be counted ONCE per player. i.e. you can have 100 stamp01s, but the score for that stamp will still only be 1.
If a team game meets the criteria for any stamp, each member of the winning team will receive that stamp.
Data from all games that have finished by Jan. 1 will be collected on Jan. 1. After that, games will no longer count

so games that finished today should count by this because it says finished by January 1. I won my game for my last stamp this am and was not awarded it. Im feeling pretty cranky about it because it clearly states "Data from all games that have finished by Jan. 1 will be collected on Jan. 1." So stamps should be awarded for games completed today
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grt on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm

lokisgal wrote:
grt wrote:[
Data from all games that have finished by Jan. 1 will be collected on Jan. 1. After that, games will no longer count

so games that finished today should count by this because it says finished by January 1. I won my game for my last stamp this am and was not awarded it. Im feeling pretty cranky about it because it clearly states "Data from all games that have finished by Jan. 1 will be collected on Jan. 1." So stamps should be awarded for games completed today

I interpreted that as games finished by midnight on 31st would count and data would be collected on 1st Jan. But I can see how it could mean games finished by the end of 1st Jan (but then data would be collected on 2nd Jan which is why I thought the former).
Captain grt

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:30 pm

The reason is we wanted a nice, clean finish to this event, and to start a new year.
Due to the nature of the event, even if players started in the last week, there is still a chance to complete at least the GA medal. With the normal challenge, if you start in the last week, there is no chance without the overlap.
I have to go to work now, but this will all be sorted by the weekend.

The January challenge is back to the traditional mode.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby lokisgal on Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:34 pm

However you wrote

What you intended may have been something different but what you wrote states very clearly games that have finished by Jan 1 - today is Jan 1.
Intention is great but the words can only be interpreted as they are written eh ;)

I even bought a stamp in the store to make sure Id have 20 and todays game was 20. Id have played speeders all day yesterday to get that alst stamp Id have hurried along turns in games that were close to ending had it been clear that it was the 31 but you clearly said as quoted above Jan 1.
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ooge on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:46 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The reason is we wanted a nice, clean finish to this event, and to start a new year.
Due to the nature of the event, even if players started in the last week, there is still a chance to complete at least the GA medal. With the normal challenge, if you start in the last week, there is no chance without the overlap.
I have to go to work now, but this will all be sorted by the weekend.

The January challenge is back to the traditional mode.

Then why not say that when you introduced this.The scoring for this monthly medal will be different then all the other monthly medals..most people do not have the time to read all the details so we assume unless HIGHLIGHTED otherwise that the scoring will be the same.This is the same reason there are so many dissatisfy with the current update.it really is about time and consistency. I now have so many active games that I don't care about.
Captain ooge

Postby lokisgal on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Its not even the outstanding games its that you clearly said
"Data from all games that have finished by Jan. 1 will be collected on Jan. 1"
so by this all games that finished by Jan 1 which means on Jan 1 should be counted. If you made a mistake in the way you worded it that should not count against the community. I lost a ton of points and would have played speed games all day on the 31 to get the last stamp. If you are not clear in what you set forth as rules then the benefit of the doubt should not penalized the compeitors

thanks for your attention to this
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Ok, games on Jan 1st will be issued tokens manually. Make sure to post them all here.

DY
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ooge on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:23 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, games on Jan 1st will be issued tokens manually. Make sure to post them all here.

DY

Just won another stamp game that would give me 23,not enough to qualify for anything else. but of course I have several active games going with this that will take weeks to complete.
Captain ooge

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges