Conquer Club

February 2016 - Febenario

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: February 2016 - Febenario

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Code_RED wrote:Enough, its enough now this is going way too far!! Im really shocked and i cant believe what is written here about me. What is going on here is this a with hunt and do i have to jump from a building now, do you guys want me to quite playing on conquer club or what is this? I never ever experienced this in my whole life. Now i feel what bullying feels like. This is NOT okay!
You guys are very very dark if you can talk about another player with the whole group like this! I just paid 2 weeks ago for an premium upgrade for 1 year so i thought i had the same rights as any other paying customer on this site. From the beginning of this challenge i dont have the feeling that im doing anything wrong. So i dont deserve this, its not okay. Maybe im the only one with an job, study, house, bills to pay but i dont think so? What im saying is that i Can only login and play games at a couple moments during the day. Maybe you guys have plenty of time but i just cant affort it to play games during the day. Thats why they invented an 24 hours turn clock for ppl like me! Im very happy in my real life but also very bussy and you have to respect that i maybe have an different life style then yourself. And to clear my name i want an apolagie cause i think Nobody on this site deserves it to get bullied away by an group of players. I think nobody will stand up for me thats why im standing up for myself now you can send me an pm, do it here or on my wall whatever feels good for you but i want to see an apolagie. Thanks and have a nice day

Hello fellow cc'er. I'm glad you posted. You should always stand up for yourself.

I hope you come back and post again.

Whether or not you keep playing cc is up to you.

For me, this isn't about you as a person, or, really, even you as a player, it's about a system that has no checks and balances. But for the record, I walled you asking you not to join so many games because you were missing so many turns that every time I, as a working father player logged on to check my 24 hour turns 12 of my games where down to 40 minutes left by a player, you, across the world, and I knew, like a dozen other games you missed turns in, that you would miss turns there too.

So. Like the adult I am I sent you a wall note. It wasn't rude. It wasn't ugly. It was a request. From one working stiff to another. Can you back off. You deleted my wall note. You never responded. Ok. So then I mentioned, kindly, on this proper spot, that maybe a limit should be set. Here was my note here:

elfish_lad wrote:I like the senerio format in general. Be nice if there was a 20 game limit (at any one time). When players like our current February cool medallion leader *cough*codered*cough* have a bazillion games open it slows down game flow.

And that is now the issue not you personally.

E.

(Edit: I will also copy and PM you this note. Cheers.)
((Double Edit: Ok. I also made a reference to "peanut head" but not sure that was directed at you. Maybe. But not sure.))
((Third Edit: Just to conclude this drama - to date I've had no reply from the complainant. Cya around sugar plum.)
Last edited by elfish_lad on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major elfish_lad

Postby BIG_John on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:04 am

Code_RED wrote:Enough, its enough now this is going way too far!! Im really shocked and i cant believe what is written here about me. What is going on here is this a with hunt and do i have to jump from a building now, do you guys want me to quite playing on conquer club or what is this? I never ever experienced this in my whole life. Now i feel what bullying feels like. This is NOT okay!
You guys are very very dark if you can talk about another player with the whole group like this! I just paid 2 weeks ago for an premium upgrade for 1 year so i thought i had the same rights as any other paying customer on this site. From the beginning of this challenge i dont have the feeling that im doing anything wrong. So i dont deserve this, its not okay. Maybe im the only one with an job, study, house, bills to pay but i dont think so? What im saying is that i Can only login and play games at a couple moments during the day. Maybe you guys have plenty of time but i just cant affort it to play games during the day. Thats why they invented an 24 hours turn clock for ppl like me! Im very happy in my real life but also very bussy and you have to respect that i maybe have an different life style then yourself. And to clear my name i want an apolagie cause i think Nobody on this site deserves it to get bullied away by
an group of players. I think nobody will stand up for me thats why im standing up for myself now you can send me an pm, do it here or on my wall whatever feels good for you but i want to see an apolagie. Thanks and have a nice day

If you don't have the time to take the damn turns then why join crap load of games? To be honest with you I think your a damn dick and doing it on purpose! Sad that you can't be man enough to just admit it! But doesn't bother me now that your on the foe list and you will stay there.
Colonel BIG_John

Postby josko.ri on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:17 am

I achieved required 25 wins in only 170 games played, making me proud. :D
Major josko.ri

Postby BIG_John on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:55 am

josko.ri wrote:I achieved required 25 wins in only 170 games played, making me proud. :D

Congratulations bud!!! =D> =D> =D>
Colonel BIG_John

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:52 am

josko.ri wrote:I achieved required 25 wins in only 170 games played, making me proud. :D

Good job!

However, for once I beat you in something. I did it in my first 158 finished games...:)

I'm at 168 finished games now, and 27 wins.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby josko.ri on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:04 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Good job!

However, for once I beat you in something. I did it in my first 158 finished games...:)

I dont count finished games, I count all games. I have 170 games started and some still ongoing, so I may grab some more extra win on top of 25.
I see you have 181 games started and 27 wins, which is still above my record so congrats, unless I grab some wins in remaining games.
Major josko.ri

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:21 am

--------Was that so hard Code Red?....23h 50mins...Then taking your turn.Sometimes letting your time run out. Missing turns...Is not KOOl...I wouldn't care if you won 1,000 games. That would be awesome to see someone do. But BigJohn asked you,you basically told him to F-off...Elf tried to talk to you. You ignored him...Maybe The High Command also...Then 5 other people started the same crap...Whether your intention was to delay games or not.You did,by biting off more than you could chew. The other 5 saw a chance..As John would say..."to be dicks"...Which The High Command had a chance to put a stop to.But chose the easy way out...
--------I'm not upset with you.But the ongoing typical actions of Conquer Club's leadership.Ignore rules and guidelines that have been around longer than most of them.Including the owner...So they can still take that Feb.challenge medal and any other prizes that come with it and put it...WELL ,I GUESS YOU KNOW WHERE THEY CAN PUT IT.
--------I'll be right behind you every step of the way.Don't slip up...GOOD LUCK ON 1st place. :D Try for 500 wins....But as Satchel Paige(Great baseball player)said,"never look behind you ,someone might be catching up." ;) Once again,nice job/Good Luck. :D ....Doomy ,once again,This game is awesome ,I'm playing still....Because ,this game is awesome. =D> ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D :D :D
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:45 am

I chose not to participate due to the game load and I'm mighty glad about that. How can someone have the cheek to do that, then cry victim in the forum? Go learn the definition of bullying while you're watching your clock run down.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ooge on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:55 am

Players joining games has slowed down,there are a few of us on the edge of the requirement of 25.I have invited players who are on the edge of the 25 but these scenario games are buggy with invites.right now my qued scenario games are looking like speed games for some reason.
Captain ooge

Postby ElricTheGreat on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:06 pm

172 total games and just got my 25th

still a few ongoing
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:09 am

ooge wrote:right now my qued scenario games are looking like speed games for some reason.

There was a bug with the scenario request system. BW changed it yesterday, and I guess he borrowed some code from the speed games page.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:35 am

Dukasaur wrote:
ooge wrote:right now my qued scenario games are looking like speed games for some reason.

There was a bug with the scenario request system. BW changed it yesterday, and I guess he borrowed some code from the speed games page.

I have not had a scenario game start sense this change.I have dropped the games and made new ones but still no new games
Captain ooge

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:52 am

dakky21 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:there is smthg a bit weird. Everytime I click on Start to create a new scenario, I have 2 more request games, like I created two more.
Since I need 25 wins, I don't mind because I want to play a lot, but is it a bug ?

It happens occasionally, I guess it's a bug but it's not worth fixing...

Donelladan wrote:Also, 25 wins in a 8 players games :o I may have to play ~200 games to get it. That's a lot ! Hopefully they'll be as fast as expected.

Since those games don't take away your points (or give you points), I guess there will be a lot of wrong kills (if you don't hit your target right away, you'll probably get killed, especially in first few games) so I think 25 wins is possible.

ooge wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I have not had a scenario game start sense this change.I have dropped the games and made new ones but still no new games

--------ONCE AGAIN...DON'T TOUCH IT,THE BUG IS NO BIG DEAL...WHAT DO THEY DO?...TOUCH IT... :lol: ......But I think the real bug was, "read" by color. ;)
------I think most people have their 25 wins...New people pop in from time to time. To see what is going on.But I think this event has slowed to a crawling stop. Thanks to a few players ,driving A LOT of people away.... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D.....I've done the same thing ooge....To see what was happening...No new games have started for me either....But I think we have reached the event's end...
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby jonofperu on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:33 am

I have 4 wins and 81 scenario requests (I think those 81 have been sitting there for a day). I see there are 37 players queued for the scenario... so I guess that's the bug keeping games from starting.
If you have to play 180 games to get this challenge I wish there was a way to start 10 at a time. Most annoying thing for me so far has been clicking through the process to start 100 games or whatever I'm up to. Of course, if people are starting more than they can handle I guess we don't want to make it any easier for them.
Major jonofperu

Postby Donelladan on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 am

There is a way to create a lot of games at once.
When you click on start to create a scenario, it doesn't refresh directly, if you click very fast on the start button a lot of times, you can create more than 50 games at once. Close your browser after that and reopen it, it took me a good 5 minutes before they all open for me.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:10 am

Donelladan wrote:There is a way to create a lot of games at once.
When you click on start to create a scenario, it doesn't refresh directly, if you click very fast on the start button a lot of times, you can create more than 50 games at once. Close your browser after that and reopen it, it took me a good 5 minutes before they all open for me.

Or just Ctrl + click to open in a new tab.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:56 pm

ooge wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

ooge, please check again. I believe this problem is now fixed.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Donelladan wrote:There is a way to create a lot of games at once.

Or just Ctrl + click to open in a new tab.

This is a great solution and the technique I use. Also clicking the center scroll button will open the link in a new tab.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ooge on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:03 pm

It appears to be fixed although the page does not load with qued up games.I have the 25 I need but I will continue to play games for those who dont.
Captain ooge

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:13 pm

ooge wrote:It appears to be fixed although the page does not load with qued up games.I have the 25 I need but I will continue to play games for those who dont.

What do you mean it does not load?
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ooge on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:02 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
ooge wrote:It appears to be fixed although the page does not load with qued up games.I have the 25 I need but I will continue to play games for those who dont.

What do you mean it does not load?

it loaded..must have been slow connection..but then again there always was a delay for me with starting the scenarios
Captain ooge

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Good job!

I dont count finished games, I count all games. I have 170 games started and some still ongoing, so I may grab some more extra win on top of 25.
I see you have 181 games started and 27 wins, which is still above my record so congrats, unless I grab some wins in remaining games.

Beat you both, 134 games to get my 25. There now I can feel good, and chuckle.

It seems to me that every month someone has the time to just pile on the games and they end up way out in front. More power to them.

I would suggest that if someone is missing a lot of games, they are truly hurting themselves in the long run. I am putting together a team (all set) for an Olympics type contest. There were several players interested in joining someone's team. I looked at all of them. First thing I look at is attendance. If you are going to play on a team, one owes ones teammates the courtesy of being there. My opinion. Second thing I look at is ratings given, NOT received, GIVEN. That tells me a lot about you and your attitude and whether I want to play with you.

So if you routinely miss games, flame on at people in ratings (you probably do it in the chat as well), I will just give you a miss. The vast majority don't miss games, flame on at people and are pleasant to play with. I play the challenges that are fun to me and ignore the others.

And I will take my victory over Josko and duk, even though they had no idea they were competing. (Neither did I until this thread.) But in my mind, (the center of my universe), I am winning. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BIG_John on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Congratulations Silly!!!
Colonel BIG_John

Postby jonofperu on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Once again I have 60+ requests pending, 16 players queued, and no games starting? Does it have anything to do with the people getting foed?
Major jonofperu

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:38 pm

jonofperu wrote:Once again I have 60+ requests pending, 16 players queued, and no games starting? Does it have anything to do with the people getting foed?

The last time we checked the vast majority of the queued players are freemiums who currently do not have an open game slot. I will ask to have it checked again to be sure.
Captain CatchersMitt14

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges