Conquer Club

February 2016 - Febenario

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

February 2016 - Febenario

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:02 pm

Official Monthly Challenge for February 2016
Brought to you by the Community Team

CLICK HERE TO JOIN WAITING GAMES

As December drew to a close, dakky21 and I sat down to develop a unique scenario specifically for this monthly challenge. We spent several days throwing out ideas and concepts before landing on the appropriate map. Neither of us considered ourselves proficient with the chosen map so we then pulled in an expert for advice. Within a couple weeks we had reached a scenario with witch we were happy.

We then entered discussions with the cartographers. During one chat session in particular several ideas were presented which required redesigning the entire scenario. Excited by the prospect these new ideas presented, the original design was scrapped. Our new and improved scenario was put into beta only to find we would need a few structural changes to the site in order for our new concept to succeed. After a long two weeks of trying this and that and pulling beta testers in to help, we realized our concept would not be ready for this month's challenge.

So now we're here, we have pulled an existing scenario from the brilliant mind of DoomYoshi to use as a teaser. Use this month as a break from the whirlwind of CC10 games and prepare for the upcoming challenges in store this year.

*** Pay attention, the process to join a scenario game is different from joining a standard game. The above link will take you to the scenario we are using for this month's challenge. You can request to start as many scenario games as you would like at a time. These waiting games can be viewed under the "Requests" tab on your central command page. Once there are enough players in the queue, the game will start. ***

NO SIGN-UPS REQUIRED - Everyone is eligible!
To sign up all you need to do is join and win at least one game started between February 01 and February 29.

Medal Criteria
25 points are required for a medal. Each win is worth one point. So it's simple, win 25 games for a challenge medal!

*** Reminder, this is a scenario based challenge and scenario games do not affect your points associated with your rank. ***

Wins will be counted until March 31.

FEBRUARY SCOREBOARD

Notes
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: February 2016 - Febenario

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:04 am

there is smthg a bit weird. Everytime I click on Start to create a new scenario, I have 2 more request games, like I created two more.
Since I need 25 wins, I don't mind because I want to play a lot, but is it a bug ?

Also, 25 wins in a 8 players games :o I may have to play ~200 games to get it. That's a lot ! Hopefully they'll be as fast as expected.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby dakky21 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:37 am

Donelladan wrote:there is smthg a bit weird. Everytime I click on Start to create a new scenario, I have 2 more request games, like I created two more.
Since I need 25 wins, I don't mind because I want to play a lot, but is it a bug ?

It happens occasionally, I guess it's a bug but it's not worth fixing...

Donelladan wrote:Also, 25 wins in a 8 players games :o I may have to play ~200 games to get it. That's a lot ! Hopefully they'll be as fast as expected.

Since those games don't take away your points (or give you points), I guess there will be a lot of wrong kills (if you don't hit your target right away, you'll probably get killed, especially in first few games) so I think 25 wins is possible.
Captain dakky21

Postby -1-1-3- on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:56 am

mmmmh.... i joined an assassin game... won it.. and get 0 point.
then i saw it was a "scenario" (but on the "join game" page nothing told me that game wasn't a real game : (
then i found that forum that explains what happened to me...

is it normal to find scenarios in normal game finder without mention ?
or did i miss the mention ?

thx in advance for answering : )
Major -1-1-3-

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:32 am

I believe it's a bug, I can't even find them using the game finder right now.
I created / joined 30 scenario, and I noticed at some points 2 of them when from my request tab to my "waiting game" tab. I think that was a bug, and that's when you were able to find them in the game finder section. Dunno how it happened though.

Since those games don't take away your points (or give you points), I guess there will be a lot of wrong kills (if you don't hit your target right away, you'll probably get killed, especially in first few games) so I think 25 wins is possible.

Yeah I am sure it's possible, but still, if I have average luck, I'll need close to 200 games to have the 25 wins ( 25* 8 =200). I'll tell you how many games I needed once I have them :) :)
Colonel Donelladan

Postby dakky21 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:06 am

I see you got at least 2 wins already, both in Round 1....
I got one Round 1 win as well... :) guess it's just a matter of luck, there will be games where you'll find your target instantly, in others there will be some fighting... but I guess it's really doable.

BTW, we need a scoreboard ASAP :)
Captain dakky21

Postby tokle on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:48 am

Are there no tokens for this one?
Major tokle

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:06 pm

dakky21 wrote:I see you got at least 2 wins already, both in Round 1....
I got one Round 1 win as well... :) guess it's just a matter of luck, there will be games where you'll find your target instantly, in others there will be some fighting... but I guess it's really doable.

BTW, we need a scoreboard ASAP :)

Scoreboard has been linked.

tokle wrote:Are there no tokens for this one?

I'm checking on this. Something has gone wrong here.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:54 pm

The scoreboard is fixed. If you still see any discrepancies please let me know.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Donelladan wrote:I believe it's a bug, I can't even find them using the game finder right now.
I created / joined 30 scenario, and I noticed at some points 2 of them when from my request tab to my "waiting game" tab. I think that was a bug, and that's when you were able to find them in the game finder section. Dunno how it happened though.

You can find scenario games using game finder, but you have to select the name of the scenario from the pull-down "scenario" menu.

(Right side of the new Game Finder, under "tournaments")

I don't think you can find them in old Game Finder. They don't show up under the map or game type, only as independent scenario lists.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby dakky21 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 pm

First to 25! Yeah! :)
Captain dakky21

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:28 am

dakky21 wrote:First to 25! Yeah! :)

How many did you have to play?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mageplunka69 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:01 am

Donelladan wrote:there is smthg a bit weird. Everytime I click on Start to create a new scenario, I have 2 more request games, like I created two more.

Also, 25 wins in a 8 players games :o I may have to play ~200 games to get it. That's a lot ! Hopefully they'll be as fast as expected.

I heard you are always fast ā™„
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:36 am

Third or fourth time someone's invited me to participate, so I'll post here.

Way to many games for me, but thanks

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby robellis00 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:58 am

I have 27 wins in 215 games, with 30 games still active. The games go super fast and I haven't even counted how many games finished before I even took 1 turn.
Really, this challenge is fun and quick. As you can see by the scoreboard there are a handful of people who already met the challenge goal and it's only 6 days into the month...

ICEPACK, you should try it. I'm sure you could achieve it!
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:22 pm

------I love this...It is awesome Doomy...It is the most fun I have had on the site in years...Thanks for creating it...8th one to a medal...I think I am around 25 wins in 300 games...I still have 80 still going ,but haven't taken a turn yet in 40. I don't expect to go another round in the other 40...Even though I have a medal...I don't think I can catch 1st place...But I still will request games until the deadline...To give others a chance to get their medals. :D Good luck...Happy Hunting... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)...Awesome =D> =D> =D>...
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby dakky21 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:27 am

Dukasaur wrote:
dakky21 wrote:First to 25! Yeah! :)

How many did you have to play?

Around 250... but as they already said, a lot of them finished without taking first turn, and most of the wins I got in a first turn.
Captain dakky21

Postby Swifte on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Have to admit, this was a lot more fun and a lot less painful than it sounded. Good choice guys!
Colonel Swifte

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 am

I like the senerio format in general. Be nice if there was a 20 game limit (at any one time). When players like our current February cool medallion leader *cough*codered*cough* have a bazillion games open it slows down game flow.

Cheers.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby cooldeals on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:06 pm

I agree with elfish lad. One player who already has 4 times as many wins as he needs has queued endlessly to play every game created. I have over 60 active games in this (we all need to play about 200) and I'm waiting on this 1 player in 40% of the 8 player games. It seems this person is purposefully slow playing the games only when they are under about 7 hours and some times as low as a minute despite being able to play turns quite frequently. I'm normally fine with people playing whenever they want, but when this person is holding up every game in an entire event it seems a little egregious. There ought to be some way for people to create games without this person in the scenario.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Can you make it so idiots like [Game]Code_red[/Game] cant keep joining games once they get the 25 wins needed?

This guy has so many games it takes him an eternity to take his turns. There is no reason the rest of the players have to suffer so he can continue to play in the games that give him nothing.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby BIG_John on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:06 pm

I have been told that he is not breaking any rules so they will not do anything to stop this madness! I am just joining the games now to make sure the games fill so the rest of the field can get their medals. I agree that he has numerous games going but I think he is purposely waiting for the time to run down before he takes the turns.
Major BIG_John

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:55 pm

BIG_John wrote:I have been told that he is not breaking any rules so they will not do anything to stop this madness! I am just joining the games now to make sure the games fill so the rest of the field can get their medals. I agree that he has numerous games going but I think he is purposely waiting for the time to run down before he takes the turns.

-----I saw your game chat remark about that...He waits till he is under 10 mins. in each game ,it looks like. Today,this morning he missed a turn. I'm 2nd to 50...Like you I'm joining to give others a chance at a medal. It looks like a few players stopped playing now they have their medal.
-----I DON'T THINK TOURNEY/CLAN GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER GAME...THEY ARE ALL THE SAME...
-----NOW GO TO TOURNEY HELP
-----CONQUER CLUB TOURNEY HANDBOOK
-----PLAYER TO PLAYER ETIQUETTE
-----#4)DO NOT PURPOSEFULLY DELAY YOUR GAMES. PROMPTLY TAKING YOUR TURNS IS ALWAYS ENCOURAGED.
----------IT GOES AGAINST A CODE OF ETHICS...FOR THE HIGH COMMAND TO SAY THEY CAN DO NOTHING...IS BULL SHIT...I AM SURE THEY WILL SAY,THESE RULES WERE WRITTEN A LONG TIME AGO....AND YOUR POINT IS????? ARE WE ALL NOT LOOKING TO STILL PLAY AN ENJOYABLE GAME IN 2016......THERE ARE LOTS OF THINGS YOU CAN DO...FOR STARTERS...DO NOT GIVE code red A MEDAL FOR THIS CHALLENGE....OR JUST KEEP GIVING US, YOUR WE COULD CARELESS ATTITUDE. :roll: ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion). :D.............Your word is final Catch...As you say...A whole lot of people ,have an issue with this problem....Like I said,there is a code/rule...There is something you could do to teach a lesson...To go further....Me and a few are having fun fighting for second on the scoreboard(like a 2nd place finish in a Republican primary.)...BUT I'LL BE ONE TO SHOUT LOUDLY...SINCE I SPEAK OUT FOR THE REGULAR JOES. I LOVE THIS GAME/THANKS DOOMY...I WILL KEEP PLAYING,SO OTHERS CAN HIT THEIR MARK....BUT PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME....... A FEB.CHALLENGE MEDAL...I DON'T WANT ONE...It is now tainted with High Command Blah,Blah,Blah........
Last edited by ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges