Conquer Club

October 2016 - Shoot for the Stars and Never Stop Believing

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: October 2016 - Shoot for the Stars and Never Stop Believ

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:56 pm

betiko wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:
betiko wrote:anyone else is not getting tokens for wins in november?

I can take a look. Game number(s)?

thanks

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16929823

ohhh f*ck! is it because there is no 30 rounds limit? didn't notice when i joined.

seriously if i miss the challenge because of that...
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:02 pm

Yea, that would probably be why. It will be ridiculous for you not to win on a challenge on a map that you are really good at. Should've taken me up on that doubles game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:38 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Yea, that would probably be why. It will be ridiculous for you not to win on a challenge on a map that you are really good at. Should've taken me up on that doubles game.

had i done it, it would ve still be without the 30 rounds limit...
I actually needed just 4 points, i knew i had this win comming and I have a terminator that is pretty certainly won... so that makes me 1 point short and I need to win other games.
Is there really nothing that can be done about the games with all the correct settings but the 30 rounds thingy? it's really something irrelevant in terms of gameplay for these settings.
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:34 pm

betiko wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:

thanks

That game doesn't have a 30-round limit. 30-round limit was a mandatory parameter.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:18 am

Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:

thanks

That game doesn't have a 30-round limit. 30-round limit was a mandatory parameter.

as you can see from my following post, i realized it myself after a recheck; and as you know in a dubs game that ended round 11 that parameter was completely irrelevant. anyways, I have a few games that look good, you never know how things go if everyone is ganging up on you and you get bad nukes and self nukes so I'm not sure I'll win, but in case I finish 1 point short because eldricthegreat forgot to put a 30 round limit on a game clearly created for this challenge and played within the essence of the challenge, I'll be pssed. I totally relied on that point and didn't bother joining more games.
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:50 pm

betiko wrote:as you can see from my following post, i realized it myself after a recheck; and as you know in a dubs game that ended round 11 that parameter was completely irrelevant. anyways, I have a few games that look good, you never know how things go if everyone is ganging up on you and you get bad nukes and self nukes so I'm not sure I'll win, but in case I finish 1 point short because eldricthegreat forgot to put a 30 round limit on a game clearly created for this challenge and played within the essence of the challenge, I'll be pssed. I totally relied on that point and didn't bother joining more games.

Yeah, that would suck. Well, here's hoping that you get an extra burst of luck in some of your other games...:)

(And yes, I failed to notice your follow-up post. I was just responding as far as I had gotten.)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:51 am

as someone who made a lot of games for this challenge,30 round limit was mandatory and no exception should be given.what I end up doing is make games then go back to the join open game screen if my games are there then I set it up right.
Last edited by ooge on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:03 am

ooge wrote:what I end up doing is make games then go back to the join open game screen if my games are there then I set it up right.

Yeah, that's the same thing I do. Always double-check.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I'm curious to see how much this impacts the stats for Gallipoli on the map rankings.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=maps&sort=gamespermonth

Currently it ranks 152nd, at 6206 total games and 176 games per month. Rather low considering what a great map it is. We'll see if this pushes it up in the rankings a bit.

Nice jump, to 148th, at 6,670 total games and 183 games per month.

Definitely made a difference.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:13 pm

You may want to consider extending the time that the games will count.4 player game with trench takes a long time to complete
Captain ooge

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 am

ooge wrote:You may want to consider extending the time that the games will count.4 player game with trench takes a long time to complete

It seems only 7 players went for it this month. There are players on the cusp but none of them are in an active game. Are you worried about catching up with one of the top 2 players? They are each in as many games as you are, so I'm not sure an extension will help. It is always our general policy to not extend deadlines - what are the circumstances that would make this a special case?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ooge on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
ooge wrote:You may want to consider extending the time that the games will count.4 player game with trench takes a long time to complete

It seems only 7 players went for it this month. There are players on the cusp but none of them are in an active game. Are you worried about catching up with one of the top 2 players? They are each in as many games as you are, so I'm not sure an extension will help. It is always our general policy to not extend deadlines - what are the circumstances that would make this a special case?

Should games that start in the previous month count? 4 player standard games with trench 30 round limit will exceed 30 days to play.there have been players in this who have deadbeat after 10 or so rounds once they saw they were going to lose.if players play slow and they have a round can take 4 days.these games are going 30 rounds with the way some players play.This is not about me going up or down in the scoreboard but more about games that started when they should have being counted and that with this setting not enough time given for them to count.

ex.https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16939247 round 24 player with 3 hours to take his turn
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:28 pm

ooge wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Should games that start in the previous month count? 4 player standard games with trench 30 round limit will exceed 30 days to play.there have been players in this who have deadbeat after 10 or so rounds once they saw they were going to lose.if players play slow and they have a round can take 4 days.these games are going 30 rounds with the way some players play.This is not about me going up or down in the scoreboard but more about games that started when they should have being counted and that with this setting not enough time given for them to count.

ex.https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16939247 round 24 player with 3 hours to take his turn

It happens sometimes that Challenge games don't finish in the allotted 30 days. There was only one time that an exception was made, and it became quite messy. It's unlikely that we would want to do that again. Unlikely, but not impossible. If there were a lot of people close to the medal, well, we are not ogres, we would probably consider an extension.

DoomYoshi's point, I think, was that in this case there is nobody close to the medal that could benefit from an extension. The seven players that could have earned a medal have earned it already. Almost nothing on the scoreboard would change if there was an extension.

1st place: Kevi. Waaay out in 1st place. Cannot be caught by anyone.
2nd place: myself. 3 active games left, one of which will be finished tonight. Two of them won't make the deadline, but they wouldn't make any difference if they did.
3rd place: you. You're a bit of an anomaly, in that you have 11 active games left, more than anyone else.Two of them you're eliminated in. Game 16941535 you're almost eliminated in. The remaining 8 games you should win, but 5 of them won't be before the deadline. Would anything change if they did? You'd probably still not pass me for 2nd place, but even if you did, the prize for 2nd place is same as the prize for 3rd, so the only thing you'd gain is bragging rights.
4th place: riverj 2 active games left. No chance of moving up to 3rd.
5th place: nibotha 7 active games left, but he is losing 6 of them. The last one wouldn't get him to 4th place.
6th place: Acuernas no active games left. Will finish in 6th.
7th place: redbulls 1 active game left. Won't change anything; will finish in 7th.
All of the above have their medal.

Then we have a bunch that are close but no cigar:
8th place: Jondovick No active games left. Won't get a medal. Extension wouldn't change that.
9th place: betiko No active games left. Won't get a medal. Extension wouldn't change that.
10th place: rmjw10 3 active games left, but they should all finish before the deadline. Would have to win all 3 to get a medal, which isn't likely.
11th place: King Zvonimir No active games left. Won't get a medal. Extension wouldn't change that.
below that, nobody is even close to medal, so there's no point going further.

So yeah. All seven people who joined enough games to get a medal have already gotten there. Very few people have active games left, and of those who do, most won't make any difference. You, ooge, are the one and only person who maybe could benefit from an extension, but you would benefit in a very small way. If we added time and waited for all games to finish, you might pass me for 2nd place. The prizes for 2nd to 5th are all the same, so the only thing you'd gain if you passed me would be bragging rights, no extra prizes. (And it's not certain that you'd pass me, because I would also get the extension and would have Game 16955612 in the bag.)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
ooge wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

It happens sometimes that Challenge games don't finish in the allotted 30 days. There was only one time that an exception was made, and it became quite messy. It's unlikely that we would want to do that again. Unlikely, but not impossible. If there were a lot of people close to the medal, well, we are not ogres, we would probably consider an extension.

DoomYoshi's point, I think, was that in this case there is nobody close to the medal that could benefit from an extension. The seven players that could have earned a medal have earned it already. Almost nothing on the scoreboard would change if there was an extension.

1st place: Kevi. Waaay out in 1st place. Cannot be caught by anyone.
2nd place: myself. 3 active games left, one of which will be finished tonight. Two of them won't make the deadline, but they wouldn't make any difference if they did.
3rd place: you. You're a bit of an anomaly, in that you have 11 active games left, more than anyone else.Two of them you're eliminated in. Game 16941535 you're almost eliminated in. The remaining 8 games you should win, but 5 of them won't be before the deadline. Would anything change if they did? You'd probably still not pass me for 2nd place, but even if you did, the prize for 2nd place is same as the prize for 3rd, so the only thing you'd gain is bragging rights.
4th place: riverj 2 active games left. No chance of moving up to 3rd.
5th place: nibotha 7 active games left, but he is losing 6 of them. The last one wouldn't get him to 4th place.
6th place: Acuernas no active games left. Will finish in 6th.
7th place: redbulls 1 active game left. Won't change anything; will finish in 7th.
All of the above have their medal.

Then we have a bunch that are close but no cigar:
8th place: Jondovick No active games left. Won't get a medal. Extension wouldn't change that.
9th place: betiko No active games left. Won't get a medal. Extension wouldn't change that.
10th place: rmjw10 3 active games left, but they should all finish before the deadline. Would have to win all 3 to get a medal, which isn't likely.
11th place: King Zvonimir No active games left. Won't get a medal. Extension wouldn't change that.
below that, nobody is even close to medal, so there's no point going further.

So yeah. All seven people who joined enough games to get a medal have already gotten there. Very few people have active games left, and of those who do, most won't make any difference. You, ooge, are the one and only person who maybe could benefit from an extension, but you would benefit in a very small way. If we added time and waited for all games to finish, you might pass me for 2nd place. The prizes for 2nd to 5th are all the same, so the only thing you'd gain if you passed me would be bragging rights, no extra prizes. (And it's not certain that you'd pass me, because I would also get the extension and would have Game 16955612 in the bag.)

You broke this down nicely,I am not always able to get my point across clearly so I will try harder this time.I feel the time was not set up right in the first place with this setting.trench games and the amount of players in the game need to be taken into account as well as playing style"sandbag, attacking the leader in a game they can not win"causes games to go longer then they should. if not for this challenge then for future challenges.A game that starts in the right month should count till the game is completed that is my view.when the games dont count then the scenario occurs were its the last 3 or 4 days in a month and players say"nah I wont join that it wont complete on time" thus fewer players doing these challenges.
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 am

Games must start between CC Time: 2016-10-01 00:00:00 and CC Time: 2016-10-31 23:59:59 to be considered for the challenge. note to self do not join or make games in the last week of the month for future challenges.
Captain ooge

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:16 am

Medals and stars awarded.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges