Conquer Club

February 2017 - Febenario

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: February 2017 - Febenario

Postby iancanton on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:------It says FLAT, on the page when you join...But when the game loads...It loads ESC....

Yeah, it's true. The scenario description says flat, when it's actually escalating. "Sequential" is spelled wrong, too.

fixed!

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:27 pm

iancanton wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:------It says FLAT, on the page when you join...But when the game loads...It loads ESC....

Yeah, it's true. The scenario description says flat, when it's actually escalating. "Sequential" is spelled wrong, too.

fixed!

ian. :)

------Thank You Kindly... :D ...It is nice to see, things with the High Command have start looking better and better... =D> =D> =D> ...ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby KingDunk on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:25 am

I've played quite a few games of this now, all good. But from what I've seen all start points are actually about equal. Certainly a platinum is about the same chance as a bronze.

Doesn't matter of course, but I wanted to express this as my opinion in case it reappears as a challenge in 12-months.
Cook KingDunk

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:57 am

Great challenge, with no points on the line and quick games I am free to experiment and try different things. Loving the games
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby b00060 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Cant seem to join any games
Major b00060

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:14 pm

b00060 wrote:Cant seem to join any games

Hmm, I just had no issues joining one. Can you elaborate on what you see/don't see when trying to join?
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Master Matt on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 pm

What are spoil increments worth?
Sergeant 1st Class Master Matt

Postby Master Matt on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:16 pm

b00060 wrote:Cant seem to join any games

If you are a non-subscriber your request will go in the queue and you'll only join a game if you have an available game slot.
Sergeant 1st Class Master Matt

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Master Matt wrote:What are spoil increments worth?

The same as any other escalating game. Just start at eight instead of four.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby bobdakota on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:21 am

I am the only one who is getting tired of having to play ConfederateSS every game? He has over 550 games and every new one I start, he is in.
Sergeant 1st Class bobdakota

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Red and green start way too close to each other.

I know somebody is going to say: why didn't you bring this up in Beta?

It's because this is the first time I have actually looked at the scenario.

In 90% of the games red or green is eliminated first (usually red). Very rarely blue and never has yellow been eliminated first.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Beast Of Burson on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:45 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Red and green start way too close to each other.

In 90% of the games red or green is eliminated first (usually red). Very rarely blue and never has yellow been eliminated first.

If you look at all of the neutrals between green and yellow and blue and yellow, it's hard to take them out quick. The problem is, there are only 3 single neutrals between red and green. There should be a minimum of 3 on each tert to start so that red and green have a fair shot. I have been both on the receiving end and taking end of that scenario crap loads of time.

On the bright side, at least no points are lost. People are going to take a lot more chances and try new things because of that. So going after red/green in the first or second round for the kill is common I've noticed.

I had green take me out at yellow in the first round and blue too. But it is rare when that happens.
Cook Beast Of Burson

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:03 am

Beast Of Burson wrote:

If you look at all of the neutrals between green and yellow and blue and yellow, it's hard to take them out quick. The problem is, there are only 3 single neutrals between red and green. There should be a minimum of 3 on each tert to start so that red and green have a fair shot. I have been both on the receiving end and taking end of that scenario crap loads of time.

On the bright side, at least no points are lost. People are going to take a lot more chances and try new things because of that. So going after red/green in the first or second round for the kill is common I've noticed.

I had green take me out at yellow in the first round and blue too. But it is rare when that happens.

You are seeing exactly what I am seeing.
I think the scores should be adjusted so that red gets the most points, then green, then yellow, then blue only gets one point.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:23 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Beast Of Burson wrote:

I think the scores should be adjusted so that red gets the most points, then green, then yellow, then blue only gets one point.

I hear what you are saying. If you would like to suggest alterations for the future feel free to contact slankz as he is the creator of this scenario. As for the purposes of this challenge, I will not be changing any of the parameters as it is live.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby b00060 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Either way you only need one win to get the medal right?
Major b00060

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:12 pm

b00060 wrote:Either way you only need one win to get the medal right?

Correct.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Beast Of Burson on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:02 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Beast Of Burson wrote:

I hear what you are saying. If you would like to suggest alterations for the future feel free to contact slankz as he is the creator of this scenario. As for the purposes of this challenge, I will not be changing any of the parameters as it is live.

I contacted and heard from slankz. He said he agrees, especially since he was wiped out in the first round himself. After this challenge, he is going to change the neutrals to 3's. Just passing on info.
Cook Beast Of Burson

Postby jcmagno on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:16 am

bobdakota wrote:I am the only one who is getting tired of having to play ConfederateSS every game? He has over 550 games and every new one I start, he is in.

Well.... yes, wanna play some game without he sometimes...
General jcmagno

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:58 pm

KingDunk wrote:I've played quite a few games of this now, all good. But from what I've seen all start points are actually about equal. Certainly a platinum is about the same chance as a bronze.

Doesn't matter of course, but I wanted to express this as my opinion in case it reappears as a challenge in 12-months.

My two cents, order of difficulty is actually Blue - Red - Yellow - Green

The ratios of the top twenty ranked players are:

Bronze (68)
Silver (62)
Gold. (56)
Platinum (77)

To redistribute the total 16 points according to relative difficulty, (I used ratios), the value of wins would be 3 for Green (the easiest win), 4 for either Red or Yellow , and 5 for Blue.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby MikeDigornio on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Do you get anything for this event for winning more than the one game?
Cadet MikeDigornio

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:11 pm

MikeDigornio wrote:Do you get anything for this event for winning more than the one game?

If you can get into the Top 5, there are the usual prizes that come with placing Top 5 in any Challenge. Other than that, no.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
MikeDigornio wrote:Do you get anything for this event for winning more than the one game?

If you can get into the Top 5, there are the usual prizes that come with placing Top 5 in any Challenge. Other than that, no.

The prizes for challenges are the same every month. A score minimum is set for the CA medal then the top five finishers also receive a conquer star.

What are the prizes?
For reaching the Challenge Goal you get one of the rarest medals on the site, the Challenge medal. Challenges only come around once, if you miss it, you won't ever have another chance.
For scoring the most points in the Challenge: 1 Green Conquer Star
For those who finish in 2nd-5th place in the Challenge and achieve the Goal: 1 Blue Conquer Star
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:18 am

-----ConfederateSS tames the BEAST...Hops into 1st...till the morrow ;) at least if only for a day ... :D :D :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby ooge on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:21 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

The prizes for challenges are the same every month. A score minimum is set for the CA medal then the top five finishers also receive a conquer star.

What are the prizes?
For reaching the Challenge Goal you get one of the rarest medals on the site, the Challenge medal. Challenges only come around once, if you miss it, you won't ever have another chance.
For scoring the most points in the Challenge: 1 Green Conquer Star
For those who finish in 2nd-5th place in the Challenge and achieve the Goal: 1 Blue Conquer Star

I have suggested this before but to cut down on this being asked again and it will be why not post this with each challenge?
Captain ooge

Postby dyrtydog on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Good Lord...you know this will wont be finished until February 2019 as slow as some of these players play

I am in 50 of these things and there is no dog-named way this will be over before the end of this year.

Several players milk the number of games and SIT

so, to heck with it....if it is unlimited games --i might as well join the crowd and let February Challenge 2017 end in 2019
Lieutenant dyrtydog

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges