Conquer Club

February 2017 - Febenario

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

February 2017 - Febenario

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:47 pm

Official Monthly Challenge for February 2017
Brought to you by the Community Team.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN WAITING GAMES

*** Pay attention, the process to join a scenario game is different from joining a standard game. The above link will take you to the scenario we are using for this month's challenge. You can request to start as many scenario games as you would like at a time. These waiting games can be viewed under the "Requests" tab on your central command page. Once there are enough players in the queue, the game will start. ***

Tip for joining multiple games at a time - open "start" link in new tab. I do this by middle-clicking on the link. It can also easily be done by holding the command key on Mac or control key on PC then simultaneously left clicking the link.

NO SIGN-UPS REQUIRED - Everyone is eligible!
Games must start between February 01 and February 28.

MEDAL CRITERIA
Tokens are for WINS only.
ONE WIN is required for a CA medal (any token).

*** Reminder, this is a scenario-based challenge and scenario games do not affect your points associated with your rank. ***

Each PLATINUM Token is worth 7 points - GREEN [PLAYER 2]
Each GOLD Token is worth 5 points - BLUE [PLAYER 3]
Each SILVER Token is worth 3 points - RED [PLAYER 1]
Each BRONZE Token is worth 1 point - YELLOW [PLAYER 4]

FEBRUARY SCOREBOARD

Notes
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: February 2017 - Febenario

Postby josko.ri on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:16 am

Nice idea for the challenge. =D>
Major josko.ri

Postby Man from Modesto on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:35 am

Very cool.

Question: how much time does each player have to play? Start looks like speed game (keep this window open...)

Ah, figured it out. 24 hours. Thanks.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby hwhrhett on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:45 am

how many points do we need for a medal?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Man from Modesto wrote:Very cool.

Question: how much time does each player have to play? Start looks like speed game (keep this window open...)

Ah, figured it out. 24 hours. Thanks.

Got me the first time too. Don't know why it does that. Yes, they're 24 hour rounds.

hwhrhett wrote:how many points do we need for a medal?

One.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Man from Modesto on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:44 pm

I clicked enter on three games... when they said, "your game is ready," the game started. Only with four other players.

Using iPad. cCould that be my problem?
Major Man from Modesto

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Man from Modesto wrote:I clicked enter on three games... when they said, "your game is ready," the game started. Only with four other players.

I do not see any issue with anything you just wrote. If you think there is one, please expand.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Ivanthehorrible on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 pm

My first time doing the challenges since I joined..just wanted to say really like this 4 corner concept..cheers
Corporal Ivanthehorrible

Postby Beast Of Burson on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Ivanthehorrible wrote:really like this 4 corner concept..cheers

Agreed. Should be set up as a game choice when creating games. That would be awesome. Plus, you never know who you will play until it starts.

Question:

It say's Conquer everything.... So if the other 3 players get taken out, does the game end and no points for not conquering all?
Cook Beast Of Burson

Postby Ivanthehorrible on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Agreed. Should be set up as a game choice when creating games. That would be awesome.

Take it even further..when creating a game..have ability to pick starting points for any amount of players u decide to have in the game.
Corporal Ivanthehorrible

Postby Beast Of Burson on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Ivanthehorrible wrote:
Agreed. Should be set up as a game choice when creating games. That would be awesome.

Take it even further..when creating a game..have ability to pick starting points for any amount of players u decide to have in the game.

That would kind of defeat the purpose of 4 corners. You can only have 4 players, 1 in each corner of a map. Eurasia is one of the biggest maps here. Most other maps, except a few other large ones, would be too small in my opinion.

But I do think this concept could work as an option on the larger maps.
Cook Beast Of Burson

Postby buster582 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:11 pm

im having problems registering to the games i start 1 it says like 6 qued but i never end up in any of the games
Cook buster582

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 pm

buster582 wrote:im having problems registering to the games i start 1 it says like 6 qued but i never end up in any of the games

I will have them look into this. Stay in the queue, the system will drop your games when it is ready.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Beast Of Burson wrote:Question:

It say's Conquer everything.... So if the other 3 players get taken out, does the game end and no points for not conquering all?

Nope, as long as you win (as in you are the only player left standing) you get the token.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:48 am

----Yes, Great Challenge... :D
----Right as I was making requests...The scenario moved from down the list. To second from the top...THE SPOILS...WENT FROM ESC...TO FLAT...WHY? Does the creator of this scenario know you messed with their work? If so, why not let us have the option of either?... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Man from Modesto on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:08 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
Man from Modesto wrote:I clicked enter on three games... when they said, "your game is ready," the game started. Only with four other players.

I do not see any issue with anything you just wrote. If you think there is one, please expand.

I was not in the game. :(

I eventually clicked enter on a different game, hours later, and was apparently fourth -game started instantly with me in it. This is my only Feb. challenge game.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby fairman on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:00 am

Thanks for this challenge.
Almost sure that some high rankers will love the scenario idea.
GL all

Nous étions là bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:25 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:----Yes, Great Challenge... :D
----Right as I was making requests...The scenario moved from down the list. To second from the top...THE SPOILS...WENT FROM ESC...TO FLAT...WHY? Does the creator of this scenario know you messed with their work? If so, why not let us have the option of either?... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

Wow, what an unfounded accusation. Did you at least talk to slankz before deciding to incriminate me or did you just assume his intent?

Nothing was changed, nothing was altered, nothing was tampered with upon the creation of this challenge. Scenarios are ordered by a popularity measure - based on games played over a period of time. Hence why you see them reordered from day to day. They also go through beta and get approved by iancanton before they are released onto the site just like any other map. The creator had ample time to test and adjust his work, what you see live on the site is how it was passed through beta.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby jdw35 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:36 pm

Beast Of Burson wrote:
Ivanthehorrible wrote:really like this 4 corner concept..cheers

Agreed. Should be set up as a game choice when creating games. That would be awesome. Plus, you never know who you will play until it starts.

Question:

Is there something to this? I see that people have won games and yet no one is listed on the scoreboard
Major jdw35

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:11 pm

jdw35 wrote:
Beast Of Burson wrote:It say's Conquer everything.... So if the other 3 players get taken out, does the game end and no points for not conquering all?

Is there something to this? I see that people have won games and yet no one is listed on the scoreboard

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Nope, as long as you win (as in you are the only player left standing) you get the token.

I am aware there is an issue with the tokens not dropping. Waiting for admin to look into the coding issue. Please be patient while they do.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:----Yes, Great Challenge... :D

Wow, what an unfounded accusation. Did you at least talk to slankz before deciding to incriminate me or did you just assume his intent?

Nothing was changed, nothing was altered, nothing was tampered with upon the creation of this challenge. Scenarios are ordered by a popularity measure - based on games played over a period of time. Hence why you see them reordered from day to day. They also go through beta and get approved by iancanton before they are released onto the site just like any other map. The creator had ample time to test and adjust his work, what you see live on the site is how it was passed through beta.

------It says FLAT, on the page when you join...But when the game loads...It loads ESC....It's all KOOL...It must have always been like that...You never gave any settings listed in the challenge post...So it looked like some bug was a foot... ;) ...But everything on the settings issue seems O.K...ESC...is faster and better anyway... =D> :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
jdw35 wrote:
Beast Of Burson wrote:It say's Conquer everything.... So if the other 3 players get taken out, does the game end and no points for not conquering all?

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Nope, as long as you win (as in you are the only player left standing) you get the token.

I am aware there is an issue with the tokens not dropping. Waiting for admin to look into the coding issue. Please be patient while they do.

Fixed.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:54 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:------It says FLAT, on the page when you join...But when the game loads...It loads ESC....

Yeah, it's true. The scenario description says flat, when it's actually escalating. "Sequential" is spelled wrong, too.

It's just a case of a sloppy description rather than a mad conspiracy.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Nailsale on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:31 pm

lol...i just realized the different amount of points and medals depending on your game color and location...now it makes sense...some spots definately have an advantage over others. Damn i am slow to pick up on the details.
Cadet Nailsale

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:20 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
buster582 wrote:im having problems registering to the games i start 1 it says like 6 qued but i never end up in any of the games

I will have them look into this. Stay in the queue, the system will drop your games when it is ready.

There are freemiums with their max of four games in the queue. Games will not start with these players until they complete one of their active games in order to be within the limit.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges