Conquer Club

February 2017 - Febenario

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: February 2017 - Febenario

Postby charlie4ever on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:24 am

Super challenge =D>
Cook charlie4ever

Postby Swifte on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 am

dyrtydog wrote:Good Lord...you know this will wont be finished until February 2019 as slow as some of these players play

I am in 50 of these things and there is no dog-named way this will be over before the end of this year.

Several players milk the number of games and SIT

so, to heck with it....if it is unlimited games --i might as well join the crowd and let February Challenge 2017 end in 2019

Challenge games usually need to finish within 1 month of the challenge month (so by end of March here) to count towards the score.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Man from Modesto on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:42 am

I second the recommendation from Ooge to post the top 5 place awards. I never knew about those until today, when I read it in this thread. And, I thought the people who joined hundreds of games to garner first place were um, inconsiderate. I even foed two players because of it (they caused losses in team games and/or missed turns.)

Know that I know, I feel differently about it. Might save some frustration.

PS- I am enjoying the scenario game this month. Well done.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Fine, I'll add the stars to the OP each month. It's not worth my time to argue over such a minor thing.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:06 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Fine, I'll add the stars to the OP each month. It's not worth my time to argue over such a minor thing.

Did not intend an argumentative tone, apologies! :)
Major Man from Modesto

Postby ooge on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:52 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Fine, I'll add the stars to the OP each month. It's not worth my time to argue over such a minor thing.

it is to cut down on you answering this question all the time,I view it as a benefit to you.Sorry you dont see it that way.
Captain ooge

Postby dyrtydog on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 pm

love the idea...but just a suggestion

Can you limit a person to say joining maybe 100 games maximum..

might make it more fair for the working person, not just those that sit around all day and join 500 + games (cough, cough, confederate, cough cough cough)

Maximizing gives all the same opportunity to compete--even the freebies

all in all, great idea, but it needs a tweek (for the tweekers) :D
Lieutenant dyrtydog

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:01 pm

dyrtydog wrote:love the idea...but just a suggestion

might make it more fair for the working person, not just those that sit around all day and join 500 + games (cough, cough, confederate, cough cough cough)

For the scenario challenges, no. This is running how it was intended. A "spam it up" month for those who want to play countless games.

In general, sure, we will absolutely have months with the split level scoreboard making it much more conducive for those who play less games to win the challenge.

My overall goal for these challenges is variety. Some will appeal to you much more than others, and that is okay.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby dyrtydog on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Swifte wrote:
dyrtydog wrote:Good Lord...you know this will wont be finished until February 2019 as slow as some of these players play

I am in 50 of these things and there is no dog-named way this will be over before the end of this year.

so, to heck with it....if it is unlimited games --i might as well join the crowd and let February Challenge 2017 end in 2019

Challenge games usually need to finish within 1 month of the challenge month (so by end of March here) to count towards the score.

according to what I read, if a game is started within the window, game on--so to speak
Lieutenant dyrtydog

Postby dyrtydog on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:33 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:

For the scenario challenges, no. This is running how it was intended. A "spam it up" month for those who want to play countless games.

In general, sure, we will absolutely have months with the split level scoreboard making it much more conducive for those who play less games to win the challenge.

My overall goal for these challenges is variety. Some will appeal to you much more than others, and that is okay.

ok thanks for the prompt and thoughtful response. I am just aksing to win a medal, how about making it fair under the same scenario....give players a maximum amount of games; for this one, agreed--your agenda is what it is, and it is a success. But for players trying to win a prize or a medal under these parameters, it is not exactly fair. My two paws :ugeek:
Lieutenant dyrtydog

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:49 pm

dyrtydog wrote:
Swifte wrote:

according to what I read, if a game is started within the window, game on--so to speak

In order to qualify for the challenge the game must start in the respective month and end in the following month. So in this case, the game must start in February and end in March.

The majority of this month's games are ending in ten or fewer rounds. I really do not foresee any issues with them finishing in time to qualify.

CatchersMitt14 wrote:Notes
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 pm

dyrtydog wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:

ok thanks for the prompt and thoughtful response. I am just aksing to win a medal, how about making it fair under the same scenario....give players a maximum amount of games; for this one, agreed--your agenda is what it is, and it is a success. But for players trying to win a prize or a medal under these parameters, it is not exactly fair. My two paws :ugeek:

It is completely fair - everyone is bound by the same rules in order to play this challenge. In terms of the February 2017 CA Medal, are you maybe missing the part where you only need one win to earn it?

CatchersMitt14 wrote:MEDAL CRITERIA
Tokens are for WINS only.
ONE WIN is required for a CA Medal (any token).

As an aside, I do not see limiting games as fair at all. Play as many as you would like or not. Again, we will absolutely have months with the split scoring system - play X number or fewer games and wins are worth more than if you exceed X number of games. Those are not the rules for this month. When they are the rules, we will still not be putting a cap on the number of games an individual can play for the challenge, it will be each player's choice as to which scoring rubric they would like to use.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:13 am

-----1) What is stopping any premium player from playing as many games as they want? Cough,cough...
-----2) Milking my ass...Every player gets 24hrs to take a turn...Now if you want to hear of a player who joined 1,000's and 1,000's of games...Would let each game ...THAT'S RIGHT... EACH GAME go down to minutes...not hours.... minutes...One by one...Then others followed suit...IN LAST YEAR'S FEB. CHALLENGE(2016)...FEEL FREE TO READ UP...scroll down the challenge page...
-----3)Feel free to not take your medal in protest...THAT IS WHAT I DID LAST FEB...I am winning this year's Feb challenge...To make up for last year's fiasco...
------------Once again...This year you only NEED ONE WIN FOR A MEDAL...The games do not count on your record...Play as many as you want till you win a medal...Play as many as you want just to have fun...PLAY AS MANY AS YOU WANT...WHAT IS STOPPING YOU?.... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)...:) I was playing in last year's Feb Chal. Because I loved it and was having fun...It was me and the slowest ,saddest sportsman fighting it out till the end...I tried my best to over take that player who was really raining on everyone's parade...I had to fall on my sword/medal in the end...To show the injustice that took place...He kept a lot of people from winning medals...Was awarded 1st place...1st place prizes...Aside from refusing my medal in protest...I even wanted to give my tokens to those who missed out on a medal...I don't think it happened though...
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:24 am

------I would like to say to Beast...Man it is all kinds of fun battling with you...I think you are doing fine...I know your dice are crap...As your dice keep failing you...It is my cards that are killing me...Every fourth card...2 pair...2 pair...2 pair...ouch,right when I can put someone away...Once again Beast...No matter who wins...I have enjoyed our battles...I am sorry you got caught up in a tornado of MOJO...left over from last year...I WAS HELL BENT FOR LEATHER ON WINNING THIS ONE... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Postby ooge on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:49 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
dyrtydog wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:

It is completely fair - everyone is bound by the same rules in order to play this challenge. In terms of the February 2017 CA Medal, are you maybe missing the part where you only need one win to earn it?

CatchersMitt14 wrote:MEDAL CRITERIA
Tokens are for WINS only.
ONE WIN is required for a CA Medal (any token).

As an aside, I do not see limiting games as fair at all. Play as many as you would like or not. Again, we will absolutely have months with the split scoring system - play X number or fewer games and wins are worth more than if you exceed X number of games. Those are not the rules for this month. When they are the rules, we will still not be putting a cap on the number of games an individual can play for the challenge, it will be each player's choice as to which scoring rubric they would like to use.

As I think someone has said before playing a lot of games is a challenge in its self,I dont think limiting players to the amount games they join is fair. A plus with this challenge one win gets a medal so no reason free players can not try for this.
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:59 am

dyrtydog wrote:Can you limit a person to say joining maybe 100 games maximum..

might make it more fair for the working person, not just those that sit around all day and join 500 + games

This is a common complaint from members that have limited time. Then again, we also have members who want to play hundreds of games. Our mandate here is to have something for everybody. Every month is a little different. Some months the scoring formula favours playing lots of games; other months it does not.

If you stick around for a few months I'm sure you will love some of the Challenges. I'm equally sure that you will not love all of them. I personally enjoy about one-third of them. That's okay with me. I don't have time to dive into something new every month, so the fact that I get excited about a Challenge three or four times a year is plenty.

Since taking over the Challenges, CatchersMitt has done an outstanding job of providing a wide variety so that everyone can should be able to enjoy at least some of the months.

=D>
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jonofperu on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

I like the variety of challenges.
I remember at least one event where there was a firm limit to the number of games -- I think it was 10. The players with the top win percentage out of 10 games made it into a playoff. That was a cool idea. The split scoring mechanic is also a good idea, but you would still be forced to play hundreds of games to compete for 1st.
I think once in a while there should be a challenge with a fixed game limit.

Please do post the top 5 prize info every time, but it could be a spoiler.
I'm not actually going to pay any attention to it until there is a challenge with a limit of like 20 games. :lol:
Major jonofperu

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:32 am

-------I think I'm in a good position to win...If I do or not...It has been fun battling everyone...You all have been Awesome Honorable Warriors...
1)Beast i am sorry you dropped out...But my Goddess always watches my dice... ;) Even if not...I take the outcome and move on to the next battle...
2)For those saddened by a war of attrition...
---A)IF YOU WANT SOMETHING...GO AFTER IT ALL OUT...NOT HALF-ASS...
---B)I was bent on winning Dec. because of Pearl Harbor...This Feb. because of last year...
---C)1st as far as playing a lot...In this Feb...games don't count against your Rank etc...But Dec.'s did...I don't really care about points or rank...So throwing everything to the wind and going all out in Dec. was an easy choice for me... ;) But some do care about Rank and points so they have to make their own call on the issue of number of games that count...
---D)Dog...I work my ass off...But that is not the issue...Everyone must know their limits...Stick by them...I love the story of King TuT...But I was in the Dec.Chal. so I stayed away from Jan...I would never play back to back months...That is why I am not in March's...You have to know what you can handle...THAT IS HOW TO BE FAIR TO ALL...If you read up on last Feb.chal...Code Red...new that he could only get on C.C...only for a few minutes a day...But yet he continued to join 1,000's and 1,000's of games...Pissing everyone off...Some chose to start doing what he was doing...I was only playing 50 games at a time...When I heard him say he was not going to stop...I bumped my games up to go toe to toe with him...But in the end he won and was awarded 1st place.....In that chal. you had to win a certain amount of tokens...unlike this year's feb.chal...Many missed out on a medal...Because he didn't care about moderation...Even when he knew he couldn't get on a device when ever he wanted...Or cared to.........
--------Well done Catch on another great challenge... =D> =D> =D> ......Once again it was fun battling all who took part...Thank You Kindly... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D :D :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Postby hopalong on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 pm

looking forward to the medal - thanks for organizing.
Major hopalong

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:57 am

There are no active games left for this challenge. Since there are so many medal winners (138 :)) I will begin awarding CAs in sets. This will take me a decent amount of time so please be patient if your medal is awarded well after one of your friends.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:46 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:There are no active games left for this challenge. Since there are so many medal winners (138 :)) I will begin awarding CAs in sets. This will take me a decent amount of time so please be patient if your medal is awarded well after one of your friends.

:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:08 am

Mmk, Duk is last.
8-)

Unless of course we get a higher bid :twisted:
Captain CatchersMitt14