Conquer Club

May 2017 - Sack of Rome

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

May 2017 - Sack of Rome

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Official Monthly Challenge for May 2017
Brought to you by the Community Team.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN WAITING GAMES - BRONZE

HistoryofInformation wrote:Troups Loyal to Charles V Sack Rome, Marking the End of the High Renaissance: On May 6, 1527 an army of Spanish Catholics and Lutherans beholden to Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, and led by Charles III, [Duke of Bourbon] marched into Rome. For eight days these unpaid troops looted and pillaged the city, inflicting especially harsh treatment on priests, monks and nuns, forcing the Pope to flee the Vatican, and destroying art and smashing statuary. During the occupation of the city more than 2000 bodies were disposed of in the Tiber River, and another 10,000 were buried in Rome and its environs.

Source: HistoryofInformation

NO SIGN-UPS REQUIRED

SETTINGS
Maps: Holy Roman Empire
Players per game: 5+
Game Type: STANDARD, TERMINATOR, ASSASSIN
Initial Troops: ANY
Play Order: ANY
Spoils: ANY
Reinforcements: ANY
FOG: ANY
TRENCH: ANY
Round Limit: 20, 30, OR 50
Round Length: Casual [24 Hour]

MEDAL CRITERIA
100 points are required for a CA Medal; ANY combination of tokens.

• Each BRONZE Token is worth 5 points - WIN on HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE
    ------------------------------
  • Each PLATINUM Token will multiply your score by a factor of 1.25 - JOIN PLATINUM LIST GAME

PLATINUM LIST
  • GAMES WILL BE ADDED TO THE LIST PERIODICALLY AT THE WILL OF THE MODS.
  • ANY MOD MAY ALSO PROVIDE PLATINUM GAME NUMBERS AT THEIR LEISURE IN VARIOUS PLACES ACROSS THE SITE OVER THE COURSE OF THE MONTH.
  • 100 Platinum token maximum this month.
  • Platinum games will only drop platinum tokens. You cannot receive both a bronze and platinum token from the same game.
  • Games struck through on the list are filled.

show: PLATINUM LIST - OPEN GAMES

show: PLATINUM LIST - FILLED - 256

MAY SCOREBOARD

Notes
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: May 2017 - Sack of Rome

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon May 01, 2017 1:32 pm

New set of fifteen games added to the platinum list :)
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby josko.ri on Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 am

These platinum games are filling fast as hell.
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 am

If we have 2 or more tokens is then score multiplied by 1.25*1.25 or 1.25+0.25?
Major josko.ri

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue May 02, 2017 5:15 pm

josko.ri wrote:If we have 2 or more tokens is then score multiplied by 1.25*1.25 or 1.25+0.25?

The former: (bronzePoints)*(1.25^numberOfPlatinumTokens)
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby josko.ri on Tue May 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Waiting for some platinum games :)
Major josko.ri

Postby thelord on Tue May 02, 2017 7:29 pm

hmm are the plat games just " empty the pantry??"
Lieutenant thelord

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:13 pm

thelord wrote:hmm are the plat games just " empty the pantry??"

Errm...what?!?

New platinum games posted.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby jmyork82 on Wed May 03, 2017 10:33 am

thelord wrote:hmm are the plat games just " empty the pantry??"

don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain :-$
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed May 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Occurred to me I forgot to post this the other day. Enjoy :)

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.
In addition to the CA medal, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
My goal is always to award prizes during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending me a PM. I will periodically do a random check however I cannot monitor every game. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send me a PM and we will get it added for the month.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
3. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
4. Bot games do not drop tokens.
5. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM CatchersMitt14.

Last Updated: February 2017
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ooge on Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 am

A question.I joined platinum game my teammate in the game his wall says he last visited the site last year december and he is the red player how can this happen? memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=695826 this player this platinum game.https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16938570
Captain ooge

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu May 04, 2017 12:02 pm

First place on the scoreboard has like 12,000 points. Is this an error?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby hwhrhett on Thu May 04, 2017 1:38 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:First place on the scoreboard has like 12,000 points. Is this an error?

i feel like thats what happens when you dont limit the amount of platinum games someone is allowed to join, lol
Cook hwhrhett

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu May 04, 2017 1:55 pm

ooge wrote:A question.I joined platinum game my teammate in the game his wall says he last visited the site last year december and he is the red player how can this happen? memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=695826 this player this platinum game.https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16938570

I'm not completely sure what the confusion is here. Even if a player leaves the site that player is still left in all his or her waiting games. There is no removal process for inactive accounts. If there is where this comment is headed then that is a topic for the suggestions forum.

nolefan5311 wrote:First place on the scoreboard has like 12,000 points. Is this an error?

It's correct.
CatchersMitt14 wrote:(bronzePoints)*(1.25^numberOfPlatinumTokens)

hwhrhett wrote:i feel like thats what happens when you dont limit the amount of platinum games someone is allowed to join, lol

CatchersMitt14 wrote:PLATINUM LIST
  • ANY MOD MAY ALSO PROVIDE PLATINUM GAME NUMBERS AT THEIR LEISURE IN VARIOUS PLACES ACROSS THE SITE OVER THE COURSE OF THE MONTH.
  • Platinum games will only drop platinum tokens. You cannot receive both a bronze and platinum token from the same game.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ooge on Fri May 05, 2017 12:07 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
ooge wrote:A question.I joined platinum game my teammate in the game his wall says he last visited the site last year december and he is the red player how can this happen? memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=695826 this player this platinum game.https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16938570

I'm not completely sure what the confusion is here. Even if a player leaves the site that player is still left in all his or her waiting games. There is no removal process for inactive accounts. If there is where this comment is headed then that is a topic for the suggestions forum.

It's correct.
CatchersMitt14 wrote:(bronzePoints)*(1.25^numberOfPlatinumTokens)

hwhrhett wrote:i feel like thats what happens when you dont limit the amount of platinum games someone is allowed to join, lol

CatchersMitt14 wrote:PLATINUM LIST

confusion :lol: now I dont think anyone thought the platinum list was going to be from old games that were basically never going to fill.but new games.Now we ALL know.platinum list is cleaning up abandon games...see how easy that is to give a answer over an intentionally ignorant response.
Captain ooge

Postby josko.ri on Fri May 05, 2017 2:06 am

All platinum games are filled waiting for more. Can we clear them all until 170k?
Major josko.ri

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri May 05, 2017 4:09 pm

ooge wrote:confusion :lol: now I dont think anyone thought the platinum list was going to be from old games that were basically never going to fill.but new games.Now we ALL know.platinum list is cleaning up abandon games...see how easy that is to give a answer over an intentionally ignorant response.

Lol, I just can't. I did answer the question you asked, not the question you meant which is probably the answer you were expecting and therefor why you didn't like my response. My Dad does that all the time too, drives me nuts. Way to catch on, it's only been mentioned in this thread and the last time we had a platinum list as well that they're from the pantry. Also, why would you not check who your teammate is before you join the game? I'm surprised that is not common practice.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri May 05, 2017 4:10 pm

New platinum games up for anyone interested.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby jmyork82 on Fri May 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Don't worry Ooge, that is a particular subject that I am pushing to fix with BW. Hopefully we can get something implemented by the end of the year, no promises though.

In the meantime, in the spirit of winning the challenge, you dont have to win those games to get platinum, you just have to join them, and each one you join bumps up your score like crazy, look at the top, you just have to win 1 bronze!

ooge wrote:confusion :lol: now I dont think anyone thought the platinum list was going to be from old games that were basically never going to fill.but new games.Now we ALL know.platinum list is cleaning up abandon games...see how easy that is to give a answer over an intentionally ignorant response.

also, i might add, old games do fill. Several per month actually. And these games are hardly abandoned. Step into the Pantry once in a while. I can fill the listed games in a couple of days. A lot of freemiums have found it a good place to join a large scale game without waiting forever. 1v1 and poly can only offer so much.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=222406
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby ooge on Sat May 06, 2017 12:19 am

jmyork82 wrote:

Don't worry Ooge, that is a particular subject that I am pushing to fix with BW. Hopefully we can get something implemented by the end of the year, no promises though.

In the meantime, in the spirit of winning the challenge, you dont have to win those games to get platinum, you just have to join them, and each one you join bumps up your score like crazy, look at the top, you just have to win 1 bronze!

also, i might add, old games do fill. Several per month actually. And these games are hardly abandoned. Step into the Pantry once in a while. I can fill the listed games in a couple of days. A lot of freemiums have found it a good place to join a large scale game without waiting forever. 1v1 and poly can only offer so much.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=222406

again do you think players thought platinum games would be NEW games? or existing old games? I would think most thought they were NEW games. Games hardly abandon? my teammate last visited the site in dec. it is now may. A game that takes 6 months to fill is not a game worth saving and by any logical interpretation abandoned.but its fine now at least those who were not aware as to how these games were being chosen now they do.

The confusion may be coming from this if I assumed the game was a NEW game then I ask how did a player who had not visited the site cense December end up in a NEW game.The response I received is about booting players from games over time that have not visited the site,really not what I asked and if you understand that this is the M medal challenge were the games have always been NEW games then that is the perspective everyone should be thinking from NEW games. it really would have been so much easier if the response was "yeah the platinum games, we are trying to empty the pantry so unlike in past M medal challenges these are existing old games that have not been filling over NEW games"
Captain ooge

Postby stangboy on Sat May 06, 2017 11:28 am

are team games allowed for bronze tokens?
Private 1st Class stangboy

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 06, 2017 1:25 pm

stangboy wrote:are team games allowed for bronze tokens?

No. The following are the specs:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:
SETTINGS
Maps: Holy Roman Empire
Players per game: 5+
Game Type: STANDARD, TERMINATOR, ASSASSIN
Initial Troops: ANY
Play Order: ANY
Spoils: ANY
Reinforcements: ANY
FOG: ANY
TRENCH: ANY
Round Limit: 20, 30, OR 50
Round Length: Casual [24 Hour]
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat May 06, 2017 8:25 pm

new platinum games up :)
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby josko.ri on Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 am

Only 3 platinum games left all on conquer man.
Major josko.ri

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges