Conquer Club

June 2017 - The Crushing Debacles of June

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

June 2017 - The Crushing Debacles of June

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed May 31, 2017 10:24 pm

Official Monthly Challenge for June 2017
Brought to you by the Community Team.

The Crushing Debacles of June

Some battles are really close. Many are so close they are essentially inconclusive. Others are decisive victories, but the losing army manages to retreat in good order and pulls itself back together somewhere down the line. And then, there are those monstrous, crushing defeats from which there is no coming back -- defeats so totally cataclysmic, so utterly ruinous, that it seems as if Woden himself has strapped on a pair of steel-toed boots and is stomping on your nation's gonads.

This month's challenge focuses on three of the most decisive beat-downs in military history, three knockout punches so brutal and hard that the loser never really got back up again.

show: waterloo

show: The Great Marianas Turkey Shoot

show: operation bagration

WARNING! Read the rules completely before joining any games.

THE RULES
One win is all it takes for a medal, BUT, you may only make one attempt on each map. That's right. One attempt at each map, or three total. These are cataclysmic defeats from which empires did not recover. Neither will you. Once you lose, you've lost all hope forever. On that map, anyway. Join a second game on the same map and you've just disqualified yourself on that map.

Sometimes we have spam-a-thons where you can play hundreds of games to qualify. This month, you cannot. This is a choose carefully, play your best, and accept when you're defeated kind of Challenge.

Because we know that people have unavoidable commitments to Tourney, Clan, Tribe, or Usergroup games, none of those will count. Only games in the public pool are available for this Challenge. Any games with these settings started as a "random map" will also not count this month.

JOIN A MAXIMUM OF ONE GAME ON EACH OF THE DESIGNATED MAPS!

Click here to join Waterloo Games
Click here to join Oceania Games
Click here to join WWII Eastern Front Games

NO SIGN-UPS REQUIRED -- EVERYONE IS ELIGIBLE
Games must start between June 1st and June 30th, 2017.

SETTINGS
Maps: Waterloo, Oceania, WWII Eastern Front
Players per game: 6 or more
Game Type: Standard or Terminator
Initial Troops: ANY
Play Order: ANY
Spoils: Escalating or Nuclear
Reinforcements: Unlimited
FOG: ANY
TRENCH: NO
Round Limit: 30
Round Length: Casual [24 Hour]
Joinability: Public Only

Medal Criteria
One Gold, Silver, or Bronze token is sufficient to complete this Challenge and qualify for the Challenge Achievement medal.
In other words, one win = CA medal.

• Gold Token - Waterloo Win: +25 points
  • Silver Token - Oceania Win: +22 points
  • Bronze Token - WWII Eastern Front Win: +20 points
    ------------------------------
  • Orange Token - Waterloo Join: -1 for first one, -75 for the second.
  • Blue Token - Oceania Join: -1 for first one, -75 for the second.
  • Red Token - WWII Eastern Front Join: -1 for first one, -75 for the second.

JUNE SCOREBOARD

Notes
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: June 2017 - The Crushing Debacles of June

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed May 31, 2017 10:25 pm

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.
In addition to the CA medal, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
My goal is always to award prizes during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending me a PM. I will periodically do a random check however I cannot monitor every game. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send me a PM and we will get it added for the month.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
3. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
4. Bot games do not drop tokens.
5. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM CatchersMitt14.

Last Updated: February 2017
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby fairman on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks for the job and congrats for this new idea.

Nous étions là bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby morleyjoe on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:31 am

Great idea - but it already seems a few have not read the rules, if you search the Oceania available games...you could award points for the most negative score ;)
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby Gamefreakguy on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Dope idea - but I thought at first I had read that you needed to win 3 games in order to earn the medal. Each of the 3 single tries you joined. And I was like, woah, now that's a ballsy challenge. THAT would be total victory. Maybe a special prize should be considered for one who should happen to master this feat. But as it is, cool stuff man. I'm freemium at the moment and merkin fools with all I got for my own Imperial Dragoons empire but when that frees up I'll give this one a go.

The only worry I see (and not for myself) is that you seem to state that only one game can be played on Waterloo etc. this month by any one person. What if someone just feels like... playing more? For fun? I guess they would just have to dedicate the month to it or find games with 5 or less players. Meh.

Good luck out there young conquerors.
"Never let your fear decide your fate."
"He who controls others may be powerful but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." Lao Tzu
Major Gamefreakguy

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Gamefreakguy wrote:Dope idea - but I thought at first I had read that you needed to win 3 games in order to earn the medal. Each of the 3 single tries you joined. And I was like, woah, now that's a ballsy challenge. THAT would be total victory. Maybe a special prize should be considered for one who should happen to master this feat. But as it is, cool stuff man. I'm freemium at the moment and merkin fools with all I got for my own Imperial Dragoons empire but when that frees up I'll give this one a go.

Yeah, I very much had freemiums in mind when planning this. Most Challenges require too many games for freemiums to realistically hope to achieve them. Which is okay, of course. Gives you another reason to upgrade. Still, at least once a year or maybe twice, we're hoping to have a challenge that freemies can complete.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Examseaten on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:13 am

Good job, cant wait to participate, unless i'm gonna need some drugs that my doc put me on and will be searching for drug reviews instead. but i really hope this won't happen. anyway, that should be amazing IMO.
Last edited by Examseaten on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Recruit Examseaten

Postby andyk11 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:34 am

Can you please put me in? andyk11
Private 1st Class andyk11

Postby andyk11 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:34 am

Can you please put me in? andyk11

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:00 am

andyk11 wrote:Can you please put me in? andyk11

Just follow the links above to find an eligible game, and join it.

Just don't join more than one on each map...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:04 am

prediction,someone achieves this and at some pt in the month a player sends an invite to that player and he joins by mistake and ruins this for him or herself. So be careful boys and girls :D
Captain ooge

Postby wayneallstar on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:22 pm

my goal is to get the most negative points. seems kind of silly to have an entire monthly challenge that is geared towards people who do not financially support the site. imho
Sergeant 1st Class wayneallstar

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:19 pm

wayneallstar wrote:my goal is to get the most negative points. seems kind of silly to have an entire monthly challenge that is geared towards people who do not financially support the site. imho

Another way to look at it, having a couple challenges a year where it is truly realistic for a freemium player to succeed could also peak their interest in the challenges so perhaps the next month they decided to buy premium in order to continue participating in the challenges.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ooge on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:41 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
wayneallstar wrote:my goal is to get the most negative points. seems kind of silly to have an entire monthly challenge that is geared towards people who do not financially support the site. imho

Another way to look at it, having a couple challenges a year where it is truly realistic for a freemium player to succeed could also peak their interest in the challenges so perhaps the next month they decided to buy premium in order to continue participating in the challenges.

well said :D
Captain ooge

Postby wayneallstar on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:21 am

ooge wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:

well said :D

or instead of making it a whole month give them a week to join as many games for free. wonder how many "freemiums" actually pay to play because of a tournament like this. my guess is 0.
Sergeant 1st Class wayneallstar

Postby andyk11 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Please put me in. andyk11

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:25 pm

andyk11 wrote:Please put me in. andyk11

You are to join the games yourself for the monthly challenges. Use the links found in the OP. No one can "put you in."
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ooge on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:11 pm

OH..should I even join a game for this? I have no skill at all with these settings.
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:57 pm

ooge wrote:OH..should I even join a game for this? I have no skill at all with these settings.

Your choice. Like I always say, the point of the challenges is to challenge yourself. If you're no good with the settings that's a good reason to try.

wayneallstar wrote:
or instead of making it a whole month give them a week to join as many games for free. wonder how many "freemiums" actually pay to play because of a tournament like this. my guess is 0.

A fair number of freemiums eventually become premium. There are also people who have been premium for many years in the past and have let their premium lapse because the only play occassionally now. Even some of the biggest names of the past -- conquerors, tournament organizers, key volunteers, etc. -- and freemie now. Also, if nothing else, freemiums help to fill games that otherwise would take much longer to fill.

The site's survival depends on premiums, of course, but freemies also have a role to play in keeping things lively and vibrant. Obviously the vast majority of tournaments and challenges are premium-only, but it doesn't hurt to include others at least once in a while.

As final point, I would like to say that the "one chance only and winner takes all" is a valid concept in and of itself, even if the players' status was not an issue. My goal, as always, is to vary the types of Challenges available and use the widest variety of concepts possible.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:29 pm

ooge wrote:OH..should I even join a game for this? I have no skill at all with these settings.

Well then, you're more than welcome to join my games 8-) O:) :-$
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:02 am

test
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:26 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:

Well then, you're more than welcome to join my games 8-) O:) :-$

you dont have any open
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

Your choice. Like I always say, the point of the challenges is to challenge yourself. If you're no good with the settings that's a good reason to try.

wayneallstar wrote:

A fair number of freemiums eventually become premium. There are also people who have been premium for many years in the past and have let their premium lapse because the only play occassionally now. Even some of the biggest names of the past -- conquerors, tournament organizers, key volunteers, etc. -- and freemie now. Also, if nothing else, freemiums help to fill games that otherwise would take much longer to fill.

The site's survival depends on premiums, of course, but freemies also have a role to play in keeping things lively and vibrant. Obviously the vast majority of tournaments and challenges are premium-only, but it doesn't hurt to include others at least once in a while.

As final point, I would like to say that the "one chance only and winner takes all" is a valid concept in and of itself, even if the players' status was not an issue. My goal, as always, is to vary the types of Challenges available and use the widest variety of concepts possible.

I have reached the pt. were I would foe you to keep from targeting and wrecking games I am in. :evil: if I choose to participate in this.
Captain ooge

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:36 pm

That's good to hear. It always help to have players who keep joining games.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:54 am

I already scored triple double before anyone else scored a single win 8-)
Major josko.ri

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges