Conquer Club

February 2018 - Febenario

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

February 2018 - Febenario

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 am

Official Monthly Challenge for February 2018
Brought to you by the Community Team.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN WAITING GAMES - Feudal Musical Chairs
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WAITING GAMES - No N, No M
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WAITING GAMES - Moguls of Doom

*** Pay attention, the process to join a scenario game is different from joining a standard game. The above link will take you to the scenario we are using for this month's challenge. You can request to start as many scenario games as you would like at a time. These waiting games can be viewed under the "Requests" tab on your central command page. Once there are enough players in the queue, the game will start. ***

Tip for joining multiple games at a time - open "start" link in new tab. I do this by middle-clicking on the link. It can also easily be done by holding the command key on Mac or control key on PC then simultaneously left clicking the link.

MEDAL CRITERIA
Tokens are for WINS only.
3 WINS in any combination are required for a medal.

Each GOLD Token is worth 12 points - Feudal Musical Chairs
Each SILVER Token is worth 10 points - No N, No M
Each BRONZE Token is worth 8 points - Moguls of Doom

FEBRUARY SCOREBOARD

Notes
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: February 2018 - Febenario

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:37 am

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.

Site Event Medals are awarded to the top three finishers on the challenge scoreboard.
1st: Image
2nd: Image
3rd: Image

In addition to the medals, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
My goal is always to award prizes during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending me a PM. I will periodically do a random check however I cannot monitor every game. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send me a PM and we will get it added for the month.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
3. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
4. Bot games do not drop tokens.
5. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM CatchersMitt14.

Last Updated: February 2018
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:37 am

locked until we're live.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm

We are live! The two new scenarios are still waiting to get released from the beta site. Moguls of Doom is ready and waiting for requests. Good luck to those competing this month!
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Hooch on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 am

Great idea Scenarios!
I can't believe it is Month 2 already!
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Our two new scenarios are now live. Thanks Yoshi and Ian. Good luck all!
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby josko.ri on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:07 am

What are these medals listed on the Tab of the Challenge for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed players?
Major josko.ri

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 am

josko.ri wrote:What are these medals listed on the Tab of the Challenge for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed players?

Standby, still clarifying the details before I answer this.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Two things.

First, we've changed the requirements for the February Challenge to earn a CA. THREE WINS with any combination of the three scenarios qualifies you for a CA medal.

josko.ri wrote:What are these medals listed on the Tab of the Challenge for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed players?

Next, to answer josko's question, bigWham has added site event medals this month. They will be awarded for all site events such as, but not limited to, the USA Supertournament, Valentine's Day Event, ect. These medals have been added to the February Challenge. The top three finishers on the February scoreboard will respectively receive a Gold, Silver, and Bronze Event Medal in addition to the stars as awarded in previous months. The FAQ post has been updated to reflect this addition.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Swifte on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 pm

NEW MEDALS??? Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Colonel Swifte

Postby Kevi on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:57 pm

AdamHebrew wrote:Hey.!

I m' new here, i am Adam white from Aberdeen UK. i am a writer and editor in exclusive online dissertation help. i write assignment, dissertation,thesis,essay etc.. for all level of academic student. Hope to have a great discussion with you.

Hi and welcome [quote="AdamHebrew"]Hey.!

We hope you get better at spamming soon but I don't think the SoC does any training in spam.

Happy New Year
Captain Kevi

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Colonel Donelladan

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Donelladan wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=226681&view=unread#unread

I will have them look into it.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:56 pm

Okay, so scenarios were not built to run terminator games as they didn't see a reason for this game type to ever be played as a scenario. It has now been blocked as an option for people to build them this way in the future.

What it means for the challenge. All completed games will stand as is, no adjustments will be made. Any active terminator game with any eliminations already in the game will stand as it is now, points will be won and lost. Active terminator games with no eliminations in them yet have had the game type switched to standard and will act as they should being a scenario, no points exchanged. All future games will be played as standard, the way scenarios should run.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:50 pm

REMINDER - LAST 24 HOURS TO START GAMES FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:03 pm

I started 52 games. I thought that would be waaaay more than enough. Just baaaarely squeeked out my third win. Wow. 3/52. Some of you people are really tough to beat.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:59 pm

There's only 20ish scenarios still running, some of them may have missed the starting deadline.

Overall, 114 Feudal Musical Chairs games were played. That's pretty awesome, I knew I had a winner with that scenario. worldconquer won that scenario 16 times and Swifte won 11. CM14 also got 8 wins, so there definitely is a winning strategy to it that others may not have realized. There's also a nice bit of luck, at least early (I don't think anyone won by getting a village turn one).

No N, no M was a pretty boring scenario (but very similar to a standard game) so it only had 40 games played, with 3 still running. Darin44 won 13 of those games, so more than 25%. I'm not sure what his strategy was, but it seemed to work really well.

Moguls of Doom already had some games played since it's one of the original scenarios, but it's already reached 84 games played. Swifte had 15 wins on that map and CM14 had 7. What amazes me about that scenario is how often it ended with an objective victory, often in the first few rounds. There's no fog, so I didn't predict that happening but it happened - a lot. As time went on, players smartened up and a lot of the games still running are stack-fests.

I think the awesome thing about scenario challenges is that there is a strategy to win. However, when the scenarios go live nobody is quite sure what the surefire strategy is, except a few players who can dominate at it. You didn't see this with the African Assassin scenario, because the strategy is fairly simple and very luck-based. I think for next year I'll go with a similar mix (a complex map, a conquest map and a normal map).
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
No N, no M was a pretty boring scenario (but very similar to a standard game) so it only had 40 games played, with 3 still running. Darin44 won 13 of those games, so more than 25%. I'm not sure what his strategy was, but it seemed to work really well.

I actually really enjoyed my two games on No N no M (of which I even won 1). Unfortunately, it was just little too thought-intensive for my current game load. For that reason I mainly played the Feudal Musical Chairs, which seemed like more of a no-brain, 20-second turn scenario. I almost got burned by not taking it seriously enough, I think.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:53 pm

It's just a multiplayer escalator on a slightly difficult map, I'm not sure why it should be too thought intensive. Either way, it's incredible that he won 32.5% of all the games ever played on the scenario with a ~14% chance of winning a 7-player game and he was only in 31 of them. He still is in the final 3 as well, so this might not be the end of the accolades for darin. To clarify that means of 28 games already completed, he won 13 of them or just under half.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Swifte on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:12 am

Thought these were really fun, agree it was a good variety of styles - even if Rail Europe wasn't super revolutionary it was at least amusing to try it without the tiny lines. Thanks DY!
Colonel Swifte

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:31 pm

medals and stars awarded.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Return to Monthly Challenges