Conquer Club

Why inflation may be worse than you think it is

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Why inflation may be worse than you think it is

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:54 pm

As usual, poor PATHETIC p-rat cannot comprehend the argument. He is SO UPSET that I attacked his "golden state of utopia" otherwise known as CA. You LOST again, MAGA hater p-rat. You cannot see past your hatred of Trump that you fail again to understand my point. What another weak, pathetic, and feeble attempt at refutation, p-rat.

Go back to school to learn something, ANYTHING, PUH-LEEEEESE, p-rat.

btw: Did you understand my point about parallel form? Do you know a noun vs. adjective? Or was that merely more dribble?
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Pack Rat on Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:As usual, poor PATHETIC p-rat cannot comprehend the argument. He is SO UPSET that I attacked his "golden state of utopia" otherwise known as CA. You LOST again, MAGA hater p-rat. You cannot see past your hatred of Trump that you fail again to understand my point. What another weak, pathetic, and feeble attempt at refutation, p-rat.

btw: Did you understand my point about parallel form? Do you know a noun vs. adjective? Or was that merely more dribble?

I rest my case, thanks for confirming your MAGA credentials. Pure idiocracy.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 am

Pack Rat wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:As usual, poor PATHETIC p-rat cannot comprehend the argument. He is SO UPSET that I attacked his "golden state of utopia" otherwise known as CA. You LOST again, MAGA hater p-rat. You cannot see past your hatred of Trump that you fail again to understand my point. What another weak, pathetic, and feeble attempt at refutation, p-rat.

[b]

I rest my case, thanks for confirming your [color=#FF0000]MAGAcredentials. Pure idiocracy.

And I already proved THAT LIE, along with others, by p-rat. He simply does not get it and/or lacks comprehension. Go back to school.
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:57 am

Your schoolyard taunts are hilarious!

show
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Your schoolyard taunts are hilarious!

How old are you?

taunts? NO, merely the TRUTH. You post drivel that nearly everyone ignores. I called you on TWO of your BIG LIES.

Below is PROOF, that petty rat ignores since he CANNOT REFUTE. He offers instead red herrings and tries to insult me. PATHETIC, feeble responses from Mr. Feeble and Petty rat.

False allegations: I am not MAGA, have said so, do not follow Russian Propaganda, and I see the bad in Trump.

Here are a few of my posts in THIS very thread ONLY. I can find more where I criticize Trump and realize his limitations and his negative points. Wake up p-rat; your ignorance is showing AGAIN.

For example:
btw: I am disappointed that these two are the ONLY real candidates available for us to choose. SAD. A choice between BAD and even worse.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=700

Re: The 2024 Elections in the US, mostly for the POTUS
Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Even though I voted early for a candidate NOT named Biden nor Trump, I do not see other likely candidates for the two major political parties.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=625

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:54 am

One of my many concerns about the Election 2024 is that many likely Trump voters believe that he is the "Savior" and will FIX everything. He is NOT and will NOT.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=550

Below is more criticism of Trump by me Jan. 31, 2024; I added larger font for more emphasis in the quote below:

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

If you read various threads here, you will clearly see that I do not like Trump, have criticized him, and have said that I do NOT think that he deserves to be President. Trump is bombastic, thinks at a cursory level, has biases, is abrasive, and surely a sore loser. He does love this country, but his view of this country is limited.

Biden is an incompetent President. And let me repeat this: Biden is a doddering old fool.

Trump has a solid block of voters who
A) LOVE him, no matter what, and
B) a block of voters who detest him and will NEVER vote for him.
WHICH is BIGGER?

I do not want either Biden or Trump to be President for a second term.

The Economy, despite the claims of the Democrats, is not a winning issue for Biden.

I do agree with GaryD that this election is likely to be VERY CLOSE. It may come down to '
1) those 6 states in the Electoral College, and
2) the abortion issue.

Good summation.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237819&start=500
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:22 pm

...but you are a MAGA...

You offer no evidence, you offer only propaganda and conspiracies.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby pmac666 on Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:46 am

Can it be that Justplayformaga became bit more unhinged lately?
He must know his Trumpy is losing bigly.
Major pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:02 am

This is in a slideshow format, but summarizes many of the arguments that I have been making on the topic of the CA raise in the minimum wage in the fast food industry:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-under-fire-for-layoffs-after-minimum-wage-raise/ss-AA1nn0mp?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=385eb89319f343dbb0f1ef241e10d9a7&ei=9#image=15

quotes from that source:

The hesitance to acknowledge this reality, even from prominent figures like the CEO of Raising Cane's, sheds light on California's economic predicament. It appears that many individuals in the state either lack a grasp of fundamental economic principles or are reluctant to address them openly.

The impact of the legislation is particularly evident in the increasing number of workers who have been laid off as a result, with more expected to face the same fate soon.

Price adjustments
© Source: CNN
Moreover, these price adjustments occurred within a mere two days of the law's enforcement, suggesting that further increases are likely on the horizon.

I did not make this point, but it is still valid:
Despite some advocates
© Source: Pixabay
Despite some advocates downplaying these price increases on social media, arguing that 25 cents to a dollar isn't significant, they overlook the fact that these hikes represent a substantial percentage of the item's total price.

Democratic ideals
California serves as a testing ground for Democratic ideals, akin to other cities like Baltimore, Selma, Detroit, and Oakland. The recent increase in the minimum wage for certain fast-food workers to $20 per hour, a 25% raise from $16, reflects this unchecked power, prompting many to question the state's direction and leading some residents to consider leaving.

and more problems for California:

California is facing a budget crisis with a projected record deficit of $73 billion, as reported by the Legislative Analyst’s Office.

The deficit increase is attributed to a $24 billion revenue erosion, leading to a $15 billion rise in the budget problem.

“The actual increase in the state’s budget problem will depend on a number of factors, including formula-driven spending changes, most notably Proposition 98 spending requirements for schools and community colleges,” the report read. (...)

The state’s population has been declining, with many residents leaving for states like Texas, Arizona, Florida, and Washington.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/californians-learn-consequence-of-newsom-s-spending-spree/ar-AA1nmBC3?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6406ce8af892482ad1d6f0a4ca03b935&ei=8

I will wait (but not hold my breath) for petty rat to explain why people are leaving CA for Red States. :roll:
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:59 am

Jusplay4MAGA, my dearest copy/paste queen. Why are RED States thee most poverty ridden, least educated and highest infant mortality rate in the richest country of the world? Were you born and raised in one of these crime infested RED States?
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby GaryDenton on Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:02 pm

Jusplay4MAGA

CEO compensation grew by 1,070 percent between 1978 and 2017, outstripping the 637 percent growth in the stock market over the same period. “Both measures of compensation are substantially greater than the painfully slow 11.2 percent growth in the typical worker’s compensation over the same period,” EPI said in its report.

https://nevadacurrent.com/briefs/ceos-get-richer-while-their-workers-wages-remain-the-same-study-finds/

The CEO-to-worker compensation ratio, according to the study, was 312-to-1 in 2017, compared to a 20-to-1 ratio in 1965.
It'd be nice if the problems of ever-increasing CEO pay, stagnant working pay, and unchanged minimum wages were seriously considered in the US. Instead, those who attempt to rein in some of the worst pay excesses here or call for raising the minimum wage just get called communists by ignorant people promoting a return to serfdom.
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are puppy killers.
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 pm

'We're in an annoying economy': Biden struggles with messaging when it comes to economic policies

Despite strong job growth and low unemployment, a new poll found that voters in three crucial battleground states say the economy was better during the Trump administration. Brian Tyler Cohen and Tim Miller break down how voters feel with Stephanie Ruhle

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-re-in-an-annoying-economy-biden-struggles-with-messaging-when-it-comes-to-economic-policies/vi-AA1nTDkb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=3b88713418504f27eae2356c0ab37885&ei=25#details

Biden struggles with MORE than simply messaging about the Economy. Tell that to all those voters, GaryD; it looks like your message is highly :roll: effective with them.
JP4Fun

Postby HitRed on Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:30 pm

Edict on Maximum Prices (301)

Roman coinage had been greatly debased by the numerous emperors and usurpers who minted their own coins, using base metals to reduce the underlying metallic value of coins.

The decreasing amount of silver in the billon coins had fuelled inflation. This inflation is understood to be the reason the decree was issued.

The Edict imposed a price ceiling – a list of maxima – for well over a thousand products. These products included various food items (beef, grain, wine, beer, sausages, etc.), clothing (shoes, cloaks, etc.), freight charges for sea travel, and weekly wages. The highest limit was on one pound of purple-dyed silk, which was set at 150,000 denarii (the price of a lion was set at the same price).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edict_on_Maximum_Prices
Captain HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:30 pm

1.3% decline
California already saw a 1.3% decline in fast food jobs from when the wage hike was approved. Studies of previous minimum wage increases found they cost low-skilled workers in Seattle $1,500 annually on average after cut hours.

(...)
Highest unemployment rate
© Source: CNN
California currently has the highest unemployment rate in the US at 5.3%, raising economic concerns about the impact of the wage increase.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-s-20-minimum-wage-backfires-worse-than-imagined/ss-AA1nWTZ3?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=ddfe97d52b9e461c84ae5f0f9b7f591f&ei=31#image=15

The economic "improvements" keep rolling on. Well Done, CA. Keeping make "sagacious" economic changes. :roll:
JP4Fun

Postby HitRed on Wed May 01, 2024 4:44 am

Lumber is affordable again

Captain HitRed

Postby Pack Rat on Wed May 01, 2024 12:03 pm

HitRed wrote:Lumber is affordable again

Wannabe terrorists, who dress like Palestinian freedom fighters. But, came off as candy asses when the police showed up. Just goes to show you today's young people can do the talk, but can't do the walk.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 01, 2024 3:12 pm

Pack Rat wrote:
HitRed wrote:Lumber is affordable again

Wannabe terrorists, who dress like Palestinian freedom fighters. But, came off as candy asses when the police showed up. Just goes to show you today's young people can do the talk, but can't do the walk.

WoW..! On this point I am tempted to say that I AGREE with Pack Rat...!!! Is the world coming to an END..??
JP4Fun

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,