Conquer Club

The 2024 Elections in the US, mostly for the POTUS

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The 2024 Elections in the US, mostly for the POTUS

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:02 pm

Well, I just voted for the first time as a Murrican. God didn't strike me down with a lightning bolt, so I guess my vote must have pleased Him.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:24 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Well, I just voted for the first time as a Murrican. God didn't strike me down with a lightning bolt, so I guess my vote must have pleased Him.

There was a 5.3 earthquake in the South bay today... just saying
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:51 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:Well, I just voted for the first time as a Murrican. God didn't strike me down with a lightning bolt, so I guess my vote must have pleased Him.

You will not hear God in the Earthquake or in the Thunder (and lightning):

11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire [a]a still small voice. 13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:53 pm

So yeah, after tonight it's clear the U.S. is about to get its first Muslim Senator and he's going to be a Republican named Mehmet Oz.

What is with the Rats and all the cognitively impaired candidates they run? First Biden, now Fetterman.

This is classic from NewsNation --- a liberal network's --- analyst. The poor guy is painfully trying to be polite but you have to call a horse a horse.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:27 pm

If saxi and Doc Brown want to make the case that both President Biden and John Fetterman are mentally impaired, you both need more cogent evidence. I tend to believe both have issues, but those videos are not totally convincing. Have you ever had to pause and think while speaking publicly? Do you ever speak publicly? I have, and I too have had to pause and think, and sometimes the pause is in mid-sentence and THAT ALONE is not proof of mental impairment, dementia, or a severe inability to think.

Now Fetterman did have a difficult time answering his inconsistency on Fracking, no doubt, and that made him NOT look nor sound good, I admit.

President Biden, I think, was trying to carefully and best word that he is considering NOT running for POTUS in 2024 without stating so, and his comment about Dr. Biden and I are "doing something important" was a good way out of the "jam" or difficulty that he was in at that point in the interview (as cited by Doc Brown). When he closed his eyes, he may have been thinking and the moderator was NOT close enough to tap him. When Biden lowered his eyes, I too was wondering what is going on. BUT Biden was NOT sleeping, imo, and was thinking how to word his response. That is how I see things. Others may disagree, as we cannot decipher what is going on in anyone's brain.

On another note, Dr. Oz looks much better in a suit; NO wonder Fetterman wears a hoodie most of the time. Fetterman does NOT look good in a suit. Also, I thought it ODD that the moderator kept referring to him as Mr. Oz and not as Dr. Oz, since he is a physician (actually a cardiothoracic surgeon). Mehmet Oz has a very impressive resume in public service. Even before he ran for the US Senate, I found his views those of a great citizen and immigrant to the USA.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:25 am

jusplay4fun wrote:If saxi and Doc Brown want to make the case that both President Biden and John Fetterman are mentally impaired, you both need more cogent evidence.

How about when he started his opening statement by saying "Goodnight everyone!"

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:33 am

mookiemcgee wrote:

Poor aim for an omniscient chap.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:49 am

jusplay4fun wrote:If saxi and Doc Brown want to make the case that both President Biden and John Fetterman are mentally impaired, you both need more cogent evidence.

This is why politics is so messed up today. I made one comment about it looking like Biden was falling asleep in an interview, and that suddenly means I'm saxi's ally and am assailing the mental faculties of various Democrats? That's a really big leap. Of course, it fits well with Biden's Nazi-themed speech from 2 months ago claiming, essentially, that all Republicans are a threat to Democracy and to the soul of this country. For someone who claimed to want to be the great uniter, he's doing a really great job of accelerating the polarization of this country.

I used to consider myself a conservative-leaning independent, as I hold some pretty moderate and liberal positions on a number of issues. But over the last few years it's be made more and more clear that if I don't fully embrace all of the progressive liberal positions, I will be branded a MAGA Republican. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I have always believed that this country is better off if we have a successful president, regardless of party. I tried holding a balanced perspective on Trump, applauding his successes, condemning his failures, and taking a "wait and see" approach on the long stream of accusations and innuendoes. Yet, the fact that I could ever dare to applaud anything about Trump has earned me a MAGA label on more than one occasion.

As for the meat of your comment, my only suggestion was that Biden appeared to be falling asleep (and the interviewer made an exclamation in the middle that sounded like he was worried about the same thing). That, combined with video after video of Biden wondering around looking confused after a speech, trying to shake hands with empty air, and the evidence of a great deal of scripting and excruciatingly detailed instructions provided by his handlers leaves me quite concerned for his ability to lead the country. At times, he still comes across as fully alert and engaged, and other times (such as in the video I posted), he does appear to have declined dramatically from his time as Vice President and Senator. I honestly can't see him remaining as president 6 more years, and I'll be surprised if he actually makes it 2 more years.

I have no position on Fetterman. I honestly haven't paid much attention to that race apart from seeing a few headlines and news clips here and there. I have friends who have had strokes, so I have a good appreciation both for what those do to one's abilities and, perhaps more importantly, what they don't do. One's ability to speak clearly is not necessarily an indication of one's mental abilities. That said, I think it's a valid argument that the ability to clearly and articulately communicate is an important characteristic for a good senator. But that's up to the people of Pennsylvania to decide.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby jimboston on Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:56 am

Doc_Brown wrote:I tried holding a balanced perspective…

HOW DARE YOU!

This is no longer allowed. You MUST choose a side!

It’s so fuckin’ ridiculous.
Yes people on both sides of the spectrum can’t wrap their brains around nuance.

It used to be only 2-5% of diehards on the far ends of the spectrum would come-at you like this.

Now that percentage has grown so that the independent middle is shrinking every day.

We could pick a hundred issue where nuance is lost.
My best example today is Trans.

I have no problem with Trans people… they are humans like me and deserve respect and courtesy like any human.
They should be able to love who they love, dress how they want to, and identify however they want.

However, you speak out against ANY accommodation, for example if you say “genetic men who convert to women shouldn’t be allowed to compete in sports against women” and you are labeled anti-trans, transphobic, and a hate-monger.

Wooo… slow your roll

Or if you casually and innocently “mis-gender” someone and use the wrong pronoun you are verbally castrated.
Rare would be the polite “Oh thanks, but could you please refer to me as ‘they/them’?”
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:28 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:

This is why politics is so messed up today. I made one comment about it looking like Biden was falling asleep in an interview, and that suddenly means I'm saxi's ally and am assailing the mental faculties of various Democrats? That's a really big leap. Of course, it fits well with Biden's Nazi-themed speech from 2 months ago claiming, essentially, that all Republicans are a threat to Democracy and to the soul of this country. For someone who claimed to want to be the great uniter, he's doing a really great job of accelerating the polarization of this country.

I used to consider myself a conservative-leaning independent, as I hold some pretty moderate and liberal positions on a number of issues. But over the last few years it's be made more and more clear that if I don't fully embrace all of the progressive liberal positions, I will be branded a MAGA Republican. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I have always believed that this country is better off if we have a successful president, regardless of party. I tried holding a balanced perspective on Trump, applauding his successes, condemning his failures, and taking a "wait and see" approach on the long stream of accusations and innuendoes. Yet, the fact that I could ever dare to applaud anything about Trump has earned me a MAGA label on more than one occasion.

As for the meat of your comment, my only suggestion was that Biden appeared to be falling asleep (and the interviewer made an exclamation in the middle that sounded like he was worried about the same thing). That, combined with video after video of Biden wondering around looking confused after a speech, trying to shake hands with empty air, and the evidence of a great deal of scripting and excruciatingly detailed instructions provided by his handlers leaves me quite concerned for his ability to lead the country. At times, he still comes across as fully alert and engaged, and other times (such as in the video I posted), he does appear to have declined dramatically from his time as Vice President and Senator. I honestly can't see him remaining as president 6 more years, and I'll be surprised if he actually makes it 2 more years.

I have no position on Fetterman. I honestly haven't paid much attention to that race apart from seeing a few headlines and news clips here and there. I have friends who have had strokes, so I have a good appreciation both for what those do to one's abilities and, perhaps more importantly, what they don't do. One's ability to speak clearly is not necessarily an indication of one's mental abilities. That said, I think it's a valid argument that the ability to clearly and articulately communicate is an important characteristic for a good senator. But that's up to the people of Pennsylvania to decide.

Nice. Good to hear from the moderates once in a while.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:59 pm

For the Record, I did not accuse Doc Brown of being a MAGA Republican and/or pro-Trump.

Also, I did not accuse Doc Brown of being a saxi ally, but saxi has been beating drum for MONTHS that Biden is mentally impaired and he keeps posting videos to try to convince others. He posted the Fetterman video soon after Doc Brown posted his and I commented on BOTH since they were both trying to make the case that both Biden and Fetterman are mentally impaired.

I already said:
I tend to believe both have issues,

I merely said that better and more cogent evidence is needed to "prove" that President Biden has mental impairment.

IF one looks at the preponderance of the evidence, it is OBVIOUS that President Biden is not as mentally sharp as he was 8 or 12 years ago. I agree with Doc Brown on this point:
he does appear to have declined dramatically from his time as Vice President and Senator. I honestly can't see him remaining as president 6 more years

It is rather apparent that Fetterman has some mental impairment. Is it permanent? Does that automatically disqualify Fetterman from the US Senate? That is really NOT for me to decide, but that decision belongs to the voters in Pennsylvania. However, IF I were to vote in PA, I would argue that Fetterman should NOT be in the US Senate, based on my look at the limited evidence that I have seen and heard. The fact that Fetterman has BARELY campaigned is another point I consider. This same argument was made that Biden "hid" and did not campaign in 2020. Biden still won, mostly because (IMO) President Trump generated so much hatred and loathing from so many voters. Trump has generated much too much negative energy and turned OFF too many voters for him to win in 2024, IF HE chooses to RUN for POTUS in 2024.

I said, in this very thread, on Sept. 1:
To me, after the midterm elections in November 2022 (in a few months), the next big question is whether Trump is the nominee of the Republican Party. As I have stated already, I do not think Trump can be re-elected, despite the die-hard supporters he has that is not close to 50% of the electorate. It does not matter how many rallies he has or how many attend his rallies. He has angered too many of those moderates who are the key swing voter block in most elections.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:37 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:they were both trying to make the case that both Biden and Fetterman are mentally impaired

Still a false statement. I never mentioned Fetterman. In my earlier post, I also was not trying to make the case the Biden was mentally impaired. Only that he was falling asleep in an interview.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:14 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:they were both trying to make the case that both Biden and Fetterman are mentally impaired

Still a false statement. I never mentioned Fetterman. In my earlier post, I also was not trying to make the case the Biden was mentally impaired. Only that he was falling asleep in an interview.

OKAY; thanks for clarifying. However,

your quote:
Postby Doc_Brown on Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:11 pm

I never really bought into the whole "Sleepy Joe" narrative, but...

immediately follows this post by saxi:

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:27 pm

The highlight of an odd interview on MSNBC was when Old Joe's brain appeared to reboot mid-sentence. The interviewer appears to thought he had fallen asleep during the interview and said "Mr. President? Uh oh!" and started to reach over to shake him awake, at which point Joe's brain finished its reboot cycle and his mouth started making startup sounds: "uh uh uh ... um ... um ... Dr. Biden ... uhhh ... very important."

Meanwhile, foreign leaders continue to mercilessly make fun of the United States, mocking Old Joe behind closed doors.

ERGO, I linked the two since you were ambiguous and not lucid in what you IMPLIED.

I suppose that you AGREE with the rest of my previous post since you did not comment on ANY OF THE REST of it.

OVERALL, the recently posted videos of Biden and Fetterman in this thread do not make either one look very good and present a negative portrayal of BOTH.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:56 am

Vision this morning - a rocky desolate canyon suddenly transformed into green fields with nice trees.

God is happy with the changes coming to Twitter.
Captain HitRed

Postby jimboston on Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:46 am

HitRed wrote:Vision this morning - a rocky desolate canyon suddenly transformed into green fields with nice trees.

Two questions…

1) Should this not be a new thread?

2) Are you actually sharing a “vision” like a waking-vision that you personally experienced and that you interpret as coming from God?

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:32 am

In just 30 seconds of speaking today ...

- Biden gets the wrong war -- refers to "the war in Iraq" rather than "the war in Ukraine."
    - Biden forgets where his son died -- says his son died in "Iraq" rather than "Maryland."

This is not the first time Biden has claimed his son died in "Iraq" instead of "Maryland" and observers are of the opinion he genuinely believes his son died in "Iraq" instead of "Maryland," which could be one of the symptoms of his deteriorating senile dementia.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:55 am

----------------The Manchin Dynasty in West Virginia is over...Sen. Joe Manchin stood strong against the Radicals of The Democratic Party.....Then Bill Gates came and changed his mind...Shoved millions up Joe's ass(I would like to know the amount) to buy Joe's vote to betray AMERICA and West Virginia...
---------------- Biden has made it clear since 2020/19 A.D... He would run and wage war to shut down the Fossil Fuel Industry.....You can't blame Gates, Biden for Manchin selling out , or being tricked by Biden, Biden has always said what he was doing...
---------------- Biden says Coal mines are going down...Trying to help out Democrats in the Mid Terms... Manchin is pretending to be upset... Didn't mind when Gates was shoving money up his ass...The Best Part , The Manchin family has been a part of West Virginia politics for a long time.... Manchin threw West Virginia, and AMERICA away for money/Gates...The Green New Deal... Manchin can join Biden in getting coal in their trick or treat bag in the 2024 A.D. elections... Should they seek re-election...As AMERICA and the people of Coal Mining West Virginia give them THE SHAFT(pun intended :D )... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

----------- The one thing I don't understand....Poor Coal Miners voting for someone named Manchin...Joe chosing money over people, country....Talk about puns...His name goes with , rich, money....His name is Manchin...( MANSION ).......
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby jimboston on Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:37 am

jimboston wrote:
HitRed wrote:Vision this morning - a rocky desolate canyon suddenly transformed into green fields with nice trees.

Two questions…

1) Should this not be a new thread?

2) Are you actually sharing a “vision” like a waking-vision that you personally experienced and that you interpret as coming from God?

Seeing as you were kind enough to ignore my previous questions I thought I’d add another…

How do you know that this (i.e. God being happy about Twitter) is the ‘message’ of the vision?
Is that just your. best guess or are you left with some subliminal impression or something that tells you this?

Also… does this mean God love Elon and what Elon is going to do? Or does it mean that God is happy because these changes at Twitter may be the end of Twitter as we know it and it might become irrelevant.

Also…. why does an Omniscient and Omnipotent All Powerful Entity give a crap about Twitter at all?
Doesn’t He have better and more important things to do and think about?

Postby jimboston on Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:40 am

ConfederateSS wrote:----------------The Manchin Dynasty in West Virginia is over...Sen. Joe Manchin stood strong against the Radicals of The Democratic Party.....Then Bill Gates came and changed his mind...Shoved millions up Joe's ass(I would like to know the amount) to buy Joe's vote to betray AMERICA and West Virginia...
---------------- Biden has made it clear since 2020/19 A.D... He would run and wage war to shut down the Fossil Fuel Industry.....You can't blame Gates, Biden for Manchin selling out , or being tricked by Biden, Biden has always said what he was doing...
---------------- Biden says Coal mines are going down...Trying to help out Democrats in the Mid Terms... Manchin is pretending to be upset... Didn't mind when Gates was shoving money up his ass...The Best Part , The Manchin family has been a part of West Virginia politics for a long time.... Manchin threw West Virginia, and AMERICA away for money/Gates...The Green New Deal... Manchin can join Biden in getting coal in their trick or treat bag in the 2024 A.D. elections... Should they seek re-election...As AMERICA and the people of Coal Mining West Virginia give them THE SHAFT(pun intended :D )... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

----------- The one thing I don't understand....Poor Coal Miners voting for someone named Manchin...Joe chosing money over people, country....Talk about puns...His name goes with , rich, money....His name is Manchin...( MANSION ).......

Imagine what his journal looks like?

When this hillbilly racist f*ck finally goes over the edge and shoots up a school their going to publish all these rants and ask us why we didn’t do anything to stop him.

If anyone has Dox’d this f*ck it’s time to call the FBI.

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:00 am

-------------. You think Jp4fun, in your last post in Saxi's arrested thread... Doesn't get it or has a since of humor....Try looking in the MIRROR Jimmy B....No way their getting re-elected in 2024 A.D....Anyone can see that...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:23 am

So, NOW the BIG question for the 2024 Election is: Will Trump run for the 3rd Time? And will enough Republicans NOT Support his bid?

As I said already, I think Trump cannot win; or, at best, his chance of winning vs. ANY Democrat is very slim.

Trump has TOO many who will not vote for him. One poll shows a 55% UNFAVORABLE rating, meaning that they will NOT vote for Trump. PERIOD.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby jimboston on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:39 am

ConfederateSS wrote:-------------. You think Jp4fun, in your last post in Saxi's arrested thread... Doesn't get it or has a since of humor....Try looking in the MIRROR Jimmy B....No way their getting re-elected in 2024 A.D....Anyone can see that...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

Who are you referring to when you say “their getting re-elected”?

I think you mean “they are” or “they’re”…. but that’s ok we ALLLLL make typos sometimes.

If by this you mean “Joe and Kamala” I agree.

Because I don’t think Joe will run, and I’m sure Kamala will win the Democratic nomination.

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:38 am

Regardless of whether or not Trump can win, I've decided he must run or must be intimately involved in the campaign of whomever does run. For some reason, Trump is interesting to Hispanic voters. Of course there are other factors: GOP community centers in Hispanic neighborhoods, running down-ballot Hispanic candidates, the fact Democrats have allowed Black grievances to occupy 100% of their attention to the dereliction of other grievance groups, Democratic advocacy for pediatric genital amputation, etc. But Trump is the gravity well behind it all.

In 2022 we got 52% of the popular vote versus 46% for the Democrats, but didn't win as big as we wanted due to Democratic dominance (90%+) in the Black vote and their ability to siphon bitter white women from us due to Dobbs.

But the Democrats, in the long run, are playing on unsustainable game; they can't succeed as the party of Blacks, Bitter White Women, and Beta Bitch Boys. The Black population is stagnant and not increasing to any meaningful level. The percent of the population that's Black is currently smaller than it was at independence in 1776. If these trend lines persist for another six years, the Democratic Party will be destroyed as a national political institution.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:52 am

If these trend lines persist for another six years, the Democratic Party will be destroyed as a national political institution.

It's not just with the turn in the Hispanic vote either. It's overall political trends. When we zoom out from a single election we see that the Democratic Party is dying ...

From 1931 to 1993 the Democrats controlled the House of Representatives for 58 years and the Republicans controlled it for 4 years.

The fact the Republican Party is now in a position to complain that they won the House for the 11th time in the last 15 elections, but not by as much as they wanted, is a gamechanger. If you time traveled to the year 1987 and told a Democrat that's what would be happening in 2022, he would have a heart attack.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:49 pm

Also, crypto CEO Sam Bankman-Fried now appears to be on the run after $2 billion in customer money went missing yesterday. After George Soros, Bankman-Fried was the second largest Rat donor this year, giving them $40 million. That's money that won't be available next time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/12/1-billi ... eport.html
Corporal saxitoxin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,