Conquer Club

Addictive tendies

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Addictive tendies

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:17 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
2dimes wrote:I'm in Canada. I believe the costs of trading stocks in your country kills it as a hobby for me. They tax us foreign Devils pretty high. Then Truedough takes a tithe.

I'm sure there's ways around it but I'm too simple.

I was not aware there was any difference in tax for Canadians buying US stocks. There is no difference in the US if I buy Canadian stocks as long as they are 'available' to trade. I think gamestop on TSX is GME-N or something

The older stockbrokers where you had to wait to talk to someone to give your trading instructions required different accounts for domestic or foreign trades. The new online brokers seem to treat it all as one. I started buying stocks about six months ago and was pleasantly surprised that it was all so much simpler than what I was taught back in high school.

As long as you don't make much money it's not an issue any more, but if you get to the point where you own more than 100K in foreign assets you become a whole new animal in Revenue Canada's eyes, and you're in for a world of pain at income tax time. Of course, I have no fear of that happening. :lol:
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
2dimes wrote:I'm in Canada. I believe the costs of trading stocks in your country kills it as a hobby for me. They tax us foreign Devils pretty high. Then Truedough takes a tithe.

I was not aware there was any difference in tax for Canadians buying US stocks. There is no difference in the US if I buy Canadian stocks as long as they are 'available' to trade. I think gamestop on TSX is GME-N or something

The older stockbrokers where you had to wait to talk to someone to give your trading instructions required different accounts for domestic or foreign trades. The new online brokers seem to treat it all as one. I started buying stocks about six months ago and was pleasantly surprised that it was all so much simpler than what I was taught back in high school.

As long as you don't make much money it's not an issue any more, but if you get to the point where you own more than 100K in foreign assets you become a whole new animal in Revenue Canada's eyes, and you're in for a world of pain at income tax time. Of course, I have no fear of that happening. :lol:

Thankfully for your Bitcoin is decentralized and should not be considered a 'foreign asset' by RC since that is where you millions will come from ;)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:42 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Thankfully for your Bitcoin is decentralized and should not be considered a 'foreign asset' by RC since that is where you millions will come from ;)

Are you an expert on Canadian Tax Laws?

“Taxpayers are required to file Form T1135 with CRA if they own specified foreign property that in the aggregate cost more than $100,000. In a technical interpretation issued in April of 2015, CRA took the position that Bitcoin, and by extension Dash, Ether and all other cryptocurrencies, constitute “funds or intangible property” and that to the extent that the cryptocurrency is situated, deposited or held outside of Canada and not used or held exclusively in the course of carrying on an active business, it will be considered specified foreign property for purposes of the Income Tax Act. Therefore if a Canadian taxpayer has cryptocurrency for which they paid $100,000 or more situated outside of Canada on a foreign exchange, or if their investment in that cryptocurrency cost less than $100,000 but they already had other specified foreign property that cost in excess of $100,000, they are required to report their cryptocurrency to CRA via the filing of Form T1135. A failure to file Form T1135 as and when required by the Canadian Tax Act carries an automatic penalty of $2,500 for each annual failure to file, with higher penalties and criminal prosecution a possibility for particularly egregious examples of non-compliance.”

https://taxpage.com/articles-and-tips/b ... ning-tips/

According to the Canadian Gov’t Bitcoin (et al) are “foreign assets”. So yeah…
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:00 am

Let's make the millions first and then worry about the tax problems. HFSP
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:08 am

Don’t know how you define poor… but I don’t think I’m in that group.

Never suggested Crypto is a bad investment… it’s just as valid as any other investment. I think mid-term prospects for cryptos are positive and the volatility will enable some people to make big gains.
(I’m using mid-term here to suggest it’s got potential for the next 5-10years or maybe more.)

I don’t think any crypto will become mainstream and supplant standard currencies as a mode for everyday commerce in my lifetime.
Gov’t wants its piece of the action (i.e. tax) and they will relentlessly attack any threat to that revenue.

Postby jimboston on Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:34 am

90% decline in the last month

Still it’s way higher and it’s held it’s value longer than I predicted. So I admit my timing was off.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html

This article suggests this will be a temporary drop and sales are down due mainly to Covid related delays in the release of new product.
So maybe you should buy some more now while prices are down?

Postby 2dimes on Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:48 am

Stop double posting, you right winged nut job!
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:56 am

jimboston wrote:90% decline in the last month

Still it’s way higher and it’s held it’s value longer than I predicted. So I admit my timing was off.

This article suggests this will be a temporary drop and sales are down due mainly to Covid related delays in the release of new product.

Are prices back to $4 where the stock 'should be' (according to you 10 months ago)?

Are the prices back to $40 where the stock 'should be' (as you predicted many times almost a year ago)?

What is the price of GME Jim? Is your wife still sucking Hedgie dick for your stock tips? Do the reverse repo stats scares them?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:23 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:90% decline in the last month

Are prices back to $4 where the stock 'should be' (according to you 10 months ago)?

Are the prices back to $40 where the stock 'should be' (as you predicted many times almost a year ago)?

What is the price of GME Jim? Is your wife still sucking Hedgie dick for your stock tips? Do the reverse repo stats scares them?

Apparently you don’t really read my posts.

Not really into Hedgie dick.

Postby jimboston on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:20 pm

It continues to drop… almost at $100 now.

Time to sell!

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:52 pm

jimboston wrote:It continues to drop… almost at $100 now.

Time to sell!

I thought time to sell was at $50 in Feb 2021?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:23 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:

Time to sell!

There are people who bought when it was plus $200 who are still holding.

There may be multiple times to sell… but now may be your last chance if you got in between $50-$100 get out now while the getting is good.

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:38 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

Time to sell!

There are people who bought when it was plus $200 who are still holding.

There may be multiple times to sell… but now may be your last chance if you got in between $50-$100 get out now while the getting is good.

You must be a riot at parties... It's been a fucking year since you said it was going back to $4 lol. Maybe you shouldn't be giving financial advice?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:38 pm

It’s under $100 now… got below $90 this week.

Looking good.

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:36 am

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:05 am

Gamestop is getting into NFT’s… so all is well.
There’s no chance of it going bankrupt now.

Hey… anyone wanna by a cat NFT for half a mil?
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/18/2228 ... ris-torres

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:21 am

My penis is an NFT.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:24 am

Soft and covered in fake fur?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:34 pm

jimboston wrote:Gamestop is getting into NFT’s… so all is well.
There’s no chance of it going bankrupt now.

Hey… anyone wanna by a cat NFT for half a mil?
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/18/2228 ... ris-torres

This was news 5-6 months ago. Partnership with loopring, you must direct register shares (which prevents your shares from being shorted) in order to claim it. It's what caused the Nov pump, though loopring pumped way harder than GME did.

Member a few weeks ago when 'it's your last chance to get out if you bought between 50-100 because it'd already dipping to 90'.... what the price today Jim? Is it $50 yet? is it $4 yet? Is it bankrupt yet?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:36 pm

Dukusaur, your penis is Non-Fungible, but it's not a Token.

though if you are interested we could create a series of 1000 different pictures of your penis and see if we can get some traction minting them??? I know Saxi would mint at least a few, Jim's wife would probably be interested also.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:13 pm

I don't know if humanity is ready for that much power.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jimboston on Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:50 am

GME has outperformed my expectations holding it’s value way longer than I predicted.

That said it’s price continues to decline… under $90 today.
Lost over 50% of. it’s value in the past year… more than 70-75% from it’s high point.

If you haven’t dumped it yet do so now if you bought it under $87, time to take that value before it’s gone.

If you were some fool who paid $200+ for it… sorry!

Postby 2dimes on Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:30 am

It was never about investing for most of the people that bought those Game Stop shares.

You still think a kid that would spend $600 on a pair of Nike shoes or $1200 on a new game console, is going to be upset to lose $200, buying stock to prevent the short sellers from bankrupting the company.

Ok.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jimboston on Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:09 am

2dimes wrote:It was never about investing for most of the people that bought those Game Stop shares.

You still think a kid that would spend $600 on a pair of Nike shoes or $1200 on a new game console, is going to be upset to lose $200, buying stock to prevent the short sellers from bankrupting the company.

Ok.

1) Yes

2) How many people bought just one share?

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:22 pm

jimboston wrote:GME has outperformed my expectations holding it’s value way longer than I predicted.

That said it’s price continues to decline… under $90 today.
Lost over 50% of. it’s value in the past year… more than 70-75% from it’s high point.

If you haven’t dumped it yet do so now if you bought it under $87, time to take that value before it’s gone.

If you were some fool who paid $200+ for it… sorry!

GME is down YTD 40%
Facebook (Meta) is down 36% YTD
Netflix is down 37% YTD
The entire tech/retail/growth sectors are down big YTD, as the market braces for recession and rotates to commodities and dividend stocks. Nothing about recent declines are 'unique' to GME.

but Jim understands something we don't (because his wife gets stock tips while banging hedge fund managers while he sits at home crocheting socks for his cat)... and he really wants you to sell GME specifically. Thanks for the financial advice Jim
Colonel mookiemcgee

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!