Conquer Club

Hillary Clinton- best failed presidential candidate?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Hillary Clinton- better than Trump?

Definitely would be better than Trump
36%
Mostly better than Trump
No votes
Not sure
5%
Trump has done mostly better
5%
Trump definitely better than Clinton
36%
Kittens are Cute
18%

Total votes : 22

Hillary Clinton- best failed presidential candidate?

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:13 pm

It's kind of weird, isn't it? Hillary Clinton seems to have done more damage to the Republican party by failing to become President than she possibly could have by actually becoming President.

Republican hatred of her certainly had an effect on the election, but now that the extent of that hatred is showing that Trump officials were agents of foreign governments and colluded with the Kremlin? That's hugely damaging.

The thing is, it's not just the superficial obsession with Hillary Clinton that's doing the damage. It's pretty obvious that Clinton would handle pretty much any situation encountered so far better than Trump. Trump can barely manage a phone call, after all, whether to the family of an dead serviceman, or to a foreign leader. The constant attacks on Obama and Clinton do have an effect, sure, bringing to mind a more competent White House in the past, and as an alternative present.

It's not just that though- it's all the little things. The trumped up conspiracy theories. The inability to recognise good leadership. The contempt for women and history of sexual harassment. The love affair with the far right.

As Hillary Clinton retires from politics, the idea of what a Clinton administration (ok- another Clinton administration) would have looked like becomes clearer in the imagination of both Republicans and Democrats, sure. It's even clearer, however, that the Republican party is heavily burdened by her loss.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Hillary Clinton- best failed presidential candidate?

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Meanwhile, former Democratic Party chair Donna Brazile's new book released today. It documents previously unknown scandals, abuse, and potential felonies by the Clinton Crime Family.

Former DNC chair torches Clinton in new book

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/ ... index.html

Symmetry believes Donna Brazile, a woman of color and Clinton lieutenant, is lying. Interesting?

I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested. I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails. But who knew if some of them might have been forged? I needed to have solid proof, and so did Bernie.

By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart.

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:31 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Meanwhile, former Democratic Party chair Donna Brazile's new book released today. It documents previously unknown scandals, abuse, and potential felonies by the Clinton Crime Family.

Former DNC chair torches Clinton in new book

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/ ... index.html

Symmetry believes Donna Brazile, a woman of color and Clinton lieutenant, is lying. Interesting?

I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested. I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails. But who knew if some of them might have been forged? I needed to have solid proof, and so did Bernie.

By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart.

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774

You've been a pretty vocal supporter of Trump on this site, Saxi. I don't really get why you think that a memoir of internal party politics of a failed campaign will help Trump, but it does kind of prove my point.

The more Republicans attack Clinton, the crazier they seem.

Or, to put it into crazy talk size- they kinda seem obsessed with Hillary Clinton.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:25 pm

To whom are you referring? Donna B is a Democrat and I haven't attacked Clinton here.

they kinda seem obsessed with Hillary Clinton.

Wait - didn't you just start an entire thread in which you're Dungeon Master of an Alt History roleplay about Clinton?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 am

Hillary was so grumpy, someone should’ve told her to cheer up and maybe stop doing illegal things.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:13 pm

mrswdk wrote:Hillary was so grumpy, someone should’ve told her to cheer up and maybe stop doing illegal things.

Ah, but the kicker is that Trump is worse than Clinton in both cases.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:17 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

To whom are you referring? Donna B is a Democrat and I haven't attacked Clinton here.

they kinda seem obsessed with Hillary Clinton.

Wait - didn't you just start an entire thread in which you're Dungeon Master of an Alt History roleplay about Clinton?

I really don't know know what you're talking about.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 pm

hillary going to get ass raped in prison :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corporal karel

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 pm

karel wrote:hillary going to get ass raped in prison :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saxitoxin wrote:Image

Don't you think that the obsession kinda makes you look a bit crazy?

You do see it, right? You're not even preaching to the converted with this, you're just coming across as a bit nutso.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:52 pm

so your telling me you support what she did?get a f*cking clue
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:57 pm

karel wrote:so your telling me you support what she did?get a f*cking clue

To be fair, I barely understand you at the best of times, but I get that you really hate Hillary Clinton. What did she do that drove you to this?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Symmetry wrote:

To be fair, I barely understand you at the best of times, but I get that you really hate Hillary Clinton. What did she do that drove you to this?

ffs really?
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:03 pm

karel wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

ffs really?

Was that meant to be rhetorical?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:07 pm

im guessing you like her since you defend her,you lkike her crooked ways
Corporal karel

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 pm

Symmetry wrote:Don't you think that the obsession kinda makes you look a bit crazy?

Just to clarify, we are posting in an Alt History online roleplay about Hillary Clinton that you started. On a scale of craziness, I would rate starting a digital roleplay about Hillary Clinton pretty high. Right?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 pm

karel wrote:im guessing you like her since you defend her,you lkike her crooked ways

Why do you think that Trump isn't crooked. K?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Symmetry wrote:
karel wrote:im guessing you like her since you defend her,you lkike her crooked ways

Why do you think that Trump isn't crooked. K?

karel, you need to roll a 6 or above on this saving throw
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby karel on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:39 pm

name 1 thing that trump has done thats been crooked,he did not sell our country out.You live in the usa
Corporal karel

Postby karel on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:41 pm

shit your from the uk,im done talking to you.You have no clue son...so good bye....worry about your own country as yours is worse off then ours
Corporal karel

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Maybe you should try to get her sent there.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm

karel wrote:name 1 thing that trump has done thats been crooked,he did not sell our country out.You live in the usa

since we only get to name one and there are so many.... I'd be curious to see how you discount this one - Colluded with Russia to win the election

Are you going to go for the "no one has been arrested (yet) defense (which actually they have)

Are you going with the "this is all a lie, I know because fox news isn't even reporting on Mueller investigation"

Are you going with "Russia did it on their own, Trump didn't want or need their help"
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:26 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Image

Long-discredited conspiracy theory based on claims made by dismissed officials; still being clinged-to by a dwindling minority of irrational tin-foil hatters like mookiemcgee, along with theories of a government UFO coverup and Bigfoot.

1. First version of the Conspiracy Theory - Russia hacked the election

Rolling Stone: claims of "Russian collusion" "stink" ... "nearly a decade and a half after the Iraq-WMD faceplant, the American press is again asked to co-sign a dubious intelligence assessment"

Ars Technica: "the government's much-anticipated analysis of Russian-sponsored hacking operations provides almost none of the promised evidence linking them to breaches that the Obama administration claims were orchestrated in an attempt to interfere with the 2016 presidential election"

New York Review of Books: "A close reading of the report shows that it barely supports such a conclusion that Russian president Vladimir Putin ordered an “influence campaign” to help Donald Trump win the presidency. Indeed, it barely supports any conclusion."

Former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray: "Craig Murray, the former UK ambassador to Uzbekistan, who is a close associate of WikiLeaks editor Julian Assange, has dismissed the CIA's claims that Russia interfered in last month’s presidential election as "bulls***"."
    An attempt to CPR the story resulted in the firing of multiple journalists by CNN and the retraction of their article on it. [Los Angeles Times]
2. Second version of the Conspiracy Theory - Russia used social media to influence the election

CNET: "Sure, advertisers tied to the Russian government spent $100,000 on Facebook ads around the time of the 2016 election. But how much did Hillary Clinton and now-President Donald Trump spend on the social media platform? The answer: $81 million combined."
3. Latest version of the Conspiracy Theory - Russia plotted with Trump officials

A subsequent, final attempt to re-spin the conspiracy theory by the Tin-Foil Hat Brigade into claims of meetings with Russian officials has thus far only discovered an unpaid intern who worked for the Trump campaign for 90 days met once with a low-level Russian diplomat, not all that different from Obama officials secretly meeting with Canadian diplomats during their campaign.
    Meanwhile, the brother of Clinton's campaign manager has been forced to resign from his lobbying firm after it became clear he was potentially colluding with Russian officials. [USA Today] And, it's been revealed the Ukrainian government meddled in the U.S. election to help Hillary Clinton. [Politico]
Last edited by saxitoxin on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:41 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Long-discredited conspiracy theory based on claims made by dismissed officials; still being clinged-to by a dwindling minority of irrational tin-foil hatters like mookiemcgee, along with theories of a government UFO coverup and Bigfoot.

Rolling Stone: claims of "Russian collusion" "stink" ... "nearly a decade and a half after the Iraq-WMD faceplant, the American press is again asked to co-sign a dubious intelligence assessment"

Ars Technica: "the government's much-anticipated analysis of Russian-sponsored hacking operations provides almost none of the promised evidence linking them to breaches that the Obama administration claims were orchestrated in an attempt to interfere with the 2016 presidential election"

New York Review of Books: "A close reading of the report shows that it barely supports such a conclusion that Russian president Vladimir Putin ordered an “influence campaign” to help Donald Trump win the presidency. Indeed, it barely supports any conclusion."

Former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray: "Craig Murray, the former UK ambassador to Uzbekistan, who is a close associate of WikiLeaks editor Julian Assange, has dismissed the CIA's claims that Russia interfered in last month’s presidential election as "bulls***"."

An attempt to CPR the story resulted in the firing of multiple journalists by CNN and the retraction of their article on it. [Los Angeles Times]

A subsequent, final attempt to re-spin the conspiracy theory by the Tin-Foil Hat Brigade into claims of meetings with Russian officials has thus far only discovered an unpaid intern who worked for the Trump campaign for 90 days met once with a low-level Russian diplomat, not all that different from Obama officials secretly meeting with Canadian diplomats during their campaign.

Yeah yeah yeah, keep watching one side of the news are believing it with all your heart. Keep defending a racist, conceited idiot of a president. Whatever you do don't actually read my posts or let your inbred son Karel answer for himself. Here's another thing you definitely shouldn't read because it's all about UFO's and bigfoot:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... e=facebook

speaking of conspiracy theory's... Where was Obama born again? How again is Mueller an agent of the "deep state"?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:44 pm

And really dude? in your eyes a secret meeting with Canadians is worse than a secret meeting with Russia? Saxitoxin, please share your stash with me, cus you are clearly smoking "the good shit"

Reading that article reminds me of how Trump spent the whole election talking about the wall and then called the mexican president and told him it's all rhetoric and he didn't mean it.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,