Conquer Club

Mass shooting, Texas, 26 dead

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass shooting, Texas, 26 dead

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 pm

karel wrote:no im say gun debate is a waste of time,only brought up by the left to sir the pot more,guns are not the problem,its the mental people that are the problem,not guns.Only reason the left keeps talking about it take the heat of hillary,but let the left nuts keep talking about it.Soon enough the bitch will be in jail

Stir what pot, k? You've mentioned it a few times now.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:08 pm

that all what the left does
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:11 pm

karel wrote:that all what the left does

You can't explain what you mean by "stir the pot"? That is interesting. It seemed so key to your arguments.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:15 pm

dude it not hard to figure out,but once again if your not from here,you will never understand it
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 pm

karel wrote:dude it not hard to figure out,but once again if your not from here,you will never understand it

Is there something in the water?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Symmetry wrote:
karel wrote:dude it not hard to figure out,but once again if your not from here,you will never understand it

prolly where your at
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:46 pm

karel wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

prolly where your at

That wouldn't really explain what you said, k.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 pm

ok here is a fast explanation,the left hates guns,bunch of pussy's they are will say anything to try and get people to turn against guns,even tho its all lies.All the left does is stir up racial issues along with other things
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:57 pm

karel wrote:ok here is a fast explanation,the left hates guns,bunch of pussy's they are will say anything to try and get people to turn against guns,even tho its all lies.All the left does is stir up racial issues along with other things

The victims of this shooting were white (as far as I know), and the gunman was white, so I'm unclear how you think this was a race matter that is being stirred up, k.

You seem a bit muddled here.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 am

never said anything about race
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:10 am

karel wrote:never said anything about race

You sure about that?

karel wrote:All the left does is stir up racial issues along with other things

Yup- you brought it up. Don't pretend that you didn't stir that up.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waauw on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:55 am

karel wrote:its the mental people that are the problem

News flash dude. It's a republican president that destroyed american mental healthcare. I.e. when Ronald Reagan got rid of Jimmy Carter's accomplishments.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm pretty sure Descartes isn't a part of the American Constitution, so to even say that there is such a thing as mental health is an inflammatory statement. Until you can prove that minds exist, you can't argue for mental healthcare. Richard Nixon got rid of Project Blue Book for the same reason.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm pretty sure Descartes isn't a part of the American Constitution, so to even say that there is such a thing as mental health is an inflammatory statement. Until you can prove that minds exist, you can't argue for mental healthcare. Richard Nixon got rid of Project Blue Book for the same reason.

And yet mental healthcare exists and is effective in treating mental illness. Existentialist philosophy isn't always the best foundation for medical treatment, DY. A rationalist like Descartes would have seen through your argument in an instant.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:08 pm

waauw wrote:

News flash dude. It's a republican president that destroyed american mental healthcare. I.e. when Ronald Reagan got rid of Jimmy Carter's accomplishments.

really,lmfao

AND NO ON GUN CONTROL WE DONT NEED THAT SHIT
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:22 pm

karel wrote:
waauw wrote:

really,lmfao

AND NO ON GUN CONTROL WE DONT NEED THAT SHIT

Out of interest k, what makes you think that gun control is "shit"?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Symmetry wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I'm pretty sure Descartes isn't a part of the American Constitution, so to even say that there is such a thing as mental health is an inflammatory statement. Until you can prove that minds exist, you can't argue for mental healthcare. Richard Nixon got rid of Project Blue Book for the same reason.

And yet mental healthcare exists and is effective in treating mental illness. Existentialist philosophy isn't always the best foundation for medical treatment, DY. A rationalist like Descartes would have seen through your argument in an instant.

Not a chance. It doesn't exist and even if it did, it would be ineffective.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:30 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Not a chance. It doesn't exist and even if it did, it would be ineffective.

That roughly equates to my idea of gods. It's a more fun conversation when you back down and see the funny side, DY.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:32 pm

That was exactly my initial point. If you are going to government-support psychiatrists, one might as well government-support exorcists.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:49 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:That was exactly my initial point. If you are going to government-support psychiatrists, one might as well government-support exorcists.

DY- have you ever known someone who has suffered from mental illness? PTSD, for example, or depression, or schizophrenia?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Symmetry wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:That was exactly my initial point. If you are going to government-support psychiatrists, one might as well government-support exorcists.

DY- have you ever known someone who has suffered from mental illness? PTSD, for example, or depression, or schizophrenia?

One of his personalities has, the other two have not.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Symmetry wrote:

I don't believe in mental illness. People don't have a mind that can become broken. They might have a brain that can become broken, but that isn't a mental thing, it's either a chemical or a physical thing.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby hotfire on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I don't believe in mental illness. People don't have a mind that can become broken. They might have a brain that can become broken, but that isn't a mental thing, it's either a chemical or a physical thing.

And psychiatrists prescribe physical chemicals...

Are you thinking of psychologists?
Colonel hotfire

Postby waauw on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:13 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Maybe you should give us your definition of 'mind' or 'mental'.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:38 am

hotfire wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

And psychiatrists prescribe physical chemicals...

Are you thinking of psychologists?

Yeah, but they are crackpots I wouldn't trust messing with my brain. I'll stick with the exorcists.

waauw wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Maybe you should give us your definition of 'mind' or 'mental'.

You can use any definition you want. Human consciousness, the part of you that thinks, the "self-aware". Either is equally invalid. By that I mean that until you prove there is such a thing as the mind, one can't base public policy on it. I haven't seen any evidence of thought, rational or otherwise in human beings. Have you?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,