Conquer Club

Clinton Supporters Learn there are Consequences

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it right that Clinton supporters face consequences for their irresponsible decisions?

Yes - this is the only way they will learn
67%
No - they need re-education, not punishment
33%

Total votes : 6

Re: Clinton Supporters Learn there are Consequences

Postby patches70 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 am

Symmetry wrote:Possibly- I'm not au fait with the US legal terms, My understanding is that if the warrant for the arrest is wrong, then the actual arrest may be legally done, but that the arrest itself maybe illegal.

A crude example- a judge could issue a warrant for their next door neighbour over a noise issue. The police could legally enforce that warrant. It could still be a wrongful arrest based on the warrant.

Wrongful arrest, also known as false arrest, is a legal term with very specific definitions and conditions. This case is in no way anywhere near anything that could be interpreted legally as false arrest.

A recent example of an actual false arrest is a couple of months ago a cop arrested a nurse because she refused to draw a blood sample from a person because the cop didn't have a warrant. The cop arrested her for obstruction, kept her handcuffed in the back of his car for an hour or so before she was eventually released and the cop was suspended. He might have even been fired, I haven't checked back on that recently.
Now that was a case of false arrest. The cop had no warrant, no probable cause and no authority to order a medical procedure let alone arresting a nurse for refusing to perform said medical procedure. The cop had to get a warrant for that first. He overstepped his authority and I'm pretty sure there was a thread about that very incident in this forum back when it happened.

This is just a normal run of the mill court case. It's not rocket science. But she's not going to have any grounds or standing to challenge the warrant from a county because the cops from another county don't like her decal. You do realize that she was arrested by police from a county that didn't even issue the warrant, right?
The argument of "The cops that arrested me don't like the decal on my vehicle" isn't going to mean a damn thing to the court as a defense against the fraud charges. In fact, going that route is a sure way to get the book thrown at you for being a moron and any competent attorney will be explaining that to this woman real soon. Hopefully. The only defense is to refute whatever actual evidence the State has in regards to the alleged fraud. If you can argue that a decal that pisses off the cops two counties over somehow proves that the woman isn't guilty of the alleged charge of fraud in another county, then you should open your own law practice catering to complete morons. Because this person is a moron.

Months from now, after everyone has forgotten all about this, this person on advice from her attorney will have worked out a plea bargain with the court in which she'll either get a suspended sentence for most of the time and have to serve 30 days in jail along with full restitution to the victim(s) of the fraud along with court fees, fines and attorney costs. That's dependent on whether or not the arrested has an extensive criminal record of not. If she's been guilty of fraud or such in the past then she's going to prison for up to a couple of years or so. If she's got a clean record she can get a decent plea bargain and not serve much, if any, time. So long as she can make restitution of course, that's important to the court. As it should be.

The decal and her opinion about Trump are irrelevant.
Private patches70

Postby notyou2 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Saxi's paying higher taxes and is happy about it....lulz
Captain notyou2

Postby karel on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 pm

told you snowflakes they would go down like white trash
Corporal karel

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 pm

patches70 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Possibly- I'm not au fait with the US legal terms, My understanding is that if the warrant for the arrest is wrong, then the actual arrest may be legally done, but that the arrest itself maybe illegal.

A crude example- a judge could issue a warrant for their next door neighbour over a noise issue. The police could legally enforce that warrant. It could still be a wrongful arrest based on the warrant.

Wrongful arrest, also known as false arrest, is a legal term with very specific definitions and conditions. This case is in no way anywhere near anything that could be interpreted legally as false arrest.

You literally just said that wrongful arrest is also known as false arrest in legal terms.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:24 pm

ugh, whatever. i learned a long time ago that you should only break one law at a time when driving. example : if you are or have been drinking, don't speed. in this woman's case, maybe driving around with a huge "f*ck Trump" sticker covering her entire back window while having a warrant for out for her arrest wasn't a very smart idea... :lol:
she's probably a folk hero in prison, tho.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:30 am

If she was a Killary support she was probably used to attending rallies and donor events at which 90% of the male attendees were dangerous sex predators. One has to wonder if she deliberately got herself arrested to escape the savagery of her fellow Killary fans?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:02 am

riskllama wrote:ugh, whatever. i learned a long time ago that you should only break one law at a time when driving. example : if you are or have been drinking, don't speed. in this woman's case, maybe driving around with a huge "f*ck Trump" sticker covering her entire back window while having a warrant for out for her arrest wasn't a very smart idea... :lol:

Honestly, how police in the US behave when it comes to driving is a bit of mystery to me.

Take this guy-
“It’s been complete hell”: how police used a traffic stop to take $91,800 from an innocent man

How is that legal? It's highway robbery, right?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mrswdk on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am

Freedom isn’t free. It costs exactly USD 91,&00!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:00 am

Symmetry wrote:
riskllama wrote:ugh, whatever. i learned a long time ago that you should only break one law at a time when driving. example : if you are or have been drinking, don't speed. in this woman's case, maybe driving around with a huge "f*ck Trump" sticker covering her entire back window while having a warrant for out for her arrest wasn't a very smart idea... :lol:

Honestly, how police in the US behave when it comes to driving is a bit of mystery to me.

Take this guy-
“It’s been complete hell”: how police used a traffic stop to take $91,800 from an innocent man

It is highway robbery.

Fortunately the courts have seen it and returned his money.

This is one of the saving graces of law enforcement -- the cops abuse their powers a lot, but the judges will often push back.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:07 am

Dunno why Sym’s so surprised. He lives in a country where the police are currently releasing privileged information about Theresa May’s deputy to the press to try and get him fired.

Dont annoy powerful people if you’re not prepared for the blow back.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Take this guy-

It is highway robbery.

Fortunately the courts have seen it and returned his money.

This is one of the saving graces of law enforcement -- the cops abuse their powers a lot, but the judges will often push back.

A good outcome, but I wonder if the case would have had the same attention without media attention.
Sergeant Symmetry

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,