Conquer Club

Germany in "Worst Political Crisis Since WWII"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Germany in "Worst Political Crisis Since WWII"

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Regardless of what happens, I think Merkel is close to the end of her political career. Every story I read emphasizes that she "looks tired" or "seems exhausted." She's fought some tough fights and it takes a toll. I don't think she has much fuel left in the tank.

Out of interest, how many stories do you read that focus on the physical appearance of male politicians looking tired?

I remember it being discussed often in most accounts of Nixon's last days. And Reagan's.

Most important of all is Yalta. Several commentators have said that Stalin get everything he asked for at Yalta because Roosevelt simply didn't have the energy to argue with him. He still put on a brave face for the reporters but privately his many illnesses were weighing him down and he was very, very tired.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Regardless of what happens, I think Merkel is close to the end of her political career. Every story I read emphasizes that she "looks tired" or "seems exhausted." She's fought some tough fights and it takes a toll. I don't think she has much fuel left in the tank.

Out of interest, how many stories do you read that focus on the physical appearance of male politicians looking tired?

I remember it being discussed often in most accounts of Nixon's last days. And Reagan's.

Most important of all is Yalta. Several commentators have said that Stalin get everything he asked for at Yalta because Roosevelt simply didn't have the energy to argue with him. He still put on a brave face for the reporters but privately his many illnesses were weighing him down and he was very, very tired.

Interesting that you had to go back to a previous century for your examples.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mrswdk on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:19 am

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Interesting that you had to go back to a previous century for your examples.

He made sure that you cant go that far :lol: Brutal from his side but effective :D

Dukasaur wrote:Regardless, I think before she goes she'll see this situation through and see some kind of stable government set up. She's not going to leave in disgrace.

She will not go in disgrace, there might be another "Great" coalition again
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Weird post G. You might need to explain it.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby GoranZ on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:34 am

Symmetry wrote:Weird post G. You might need to explain it.

Your abilities are limited. Is it more clear now?
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby 2dimes on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:20 am

I think he is saying if you go back a few decades looking for tired political leaders they are all males.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:12 pm

GoranZ wrote:

You can't explain your own post? Colour me surprised.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:18 pm

GoranZ wrote:

Point, Goranz!
Corporal saxitoxin

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,