Conquer Club

This thread is about cars

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: This thread is about cars

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:50 pm

Why would anyone want a cabover? So that every shake of the engine rumbles you as well? So that you can taste even more exhaust fumes? So that you can look like a European ladyboy?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby 2dimes on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:53 pm

It's nice to see your front corners easily in the city.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:07 pm

"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:43 pm

CONVOY!
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:56 pm

KoolBak wrote:Image

ok, that is pretty fuckin' sweet. why does the engine shroud look so big, tho? weird camera stuff? or is that just a huge engine? loved that old bel air too, btw...;)

DoomYoshi wrote:Why would anyone want a cabover? So that every shake of the engine rumbles you as well? So that you can taste even more exhaust fumes? So that you can look like a European ladyboy?

you wouldn't say to Optimus Prime, i bet...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 am

riskllama wrote:

ok, that is pretty fuckin' sweet. why does the engine shroud look so big, tho? weird camera stuff? or is that just a huge engine? loved that old bel air too, btw...;)

DoomYoshi wrote:Why would anyone want a cabover? So that every shake of the engine rumbles you as well? So that you can taste even more exhaust fumes? So that you can look like a European ladyboy?

It looks pretty sweet, too bad it's been lowered too much. I m really hating more and more "over lowered" vehicules... it doesn t make them look cool. It makes them look undriveable.. yeah i know it s just the parking position. Still doesn t look nice.
I think lowering a vehicle is an art... it has to be done to a certain level... below that critical level... you make it look dumber that the original position.
And bloody hell... vehicles are made to be driven, not to sit on the fucking pavement!
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:54 am

betiko wrote:
riskllama wrote:

It looks pretty sweet, too bad it's been lowered too much. I m really hating more and more "over lowered" vehicules... it doesn t make them look cool. It makes them look undriveable.. yeah i know it s just the parking position. Still doesn t look nice.
I think lowering a vehicle is an art... it has to be done to a certain level... below that critical level... you make it look dumber that the original position.
And bloody hell... vehicles are made to be driven, not to sit on the fucking pavement!

+1

If a pothole is going to result in structural damage to your "vehicle", it really isn't a vehicle.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby KoolBak on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Agreed. I hate over lowered cars. I don't believe thats the case here tho...believe the air/ leaf system simply allows it to sit like that when not aired up. Indont believe they actually lower big rigs like stupid kids do to cars...where they replace suspension (coilovers for example) completely with bags. You just cant do that on a conventional..I assume.

Duk....youre the expert here...??

The old pete conventionals simply were designed awesomely...if you google, a majority of them look that way at rest. Love the stovepipe stacks, huge hoods, round lites and minimal cab....

AND:

Postby riskllama on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:13 pm

never thought about that, KB. good job, have a toffee... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby KoolBak on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 am

How bout a whisky instead? :D

AND:

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am

KoolBak wrote:Agreed. I hate over lowered cars. I don't believe thats the case here tho...believe the air/ leaf system simply allows it to sit like that when not aired up. Indont believe they actually lower big rigs like stupid kids do to cars...where they replace suspension (coilovers for example) completely with bags. You just cant do that on a conventional..I assume.

The old pete conventionals simply were designed awesomely...if you google, a majority of them look that way at rest. Love the stovepipe stacks, huge hoods, round lites and minimal cab....

I'm not really an expert. I know the trucks I work with well enough, but other people's trucks I just have a passing acquaintance with.

It's hard to be 100% certain... could be the truck, could be the camera angle, could be the grass is long.... but I think the truck has been lowered. I suspect its a show truck that doesn't actually work for a living.

Here's the truck in you pic:

And here's a very similar Pete that has worked for a living:

Even at rest, and presumably aired down, the working Pete has about 9 or 10 inches clearance between the bumper and the road, and about a foot between the bottom step and the road. The truck in the first pic looks like the bumper is only 4 inches off the grass and the step looks like it's almost touching.

Again, could be the camera angle, could be the grass, but my suspicion is the 1st truck is strictly for show.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 am

Tonka!

THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:34 pm

My first brand new car was a 75 Trans Am 4 speed. GOD did I love that car! Bought it new for $4900 at Seltzer Pontiac in Chicago. Took 2 weeks to find a silver one without the giant screaming chicken on the hood.

This is not the actual picture of my old love, since I lost my original pics due to divorces and pissed off women who decided to destroy my love objects.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:My first brand new car was a 75 Trans Am 4 speed. GOD did I love that car! Bought it new for $4900 at Seltzer Pontiac in Chicago. Took 2 weeks to find a silver one without the giant screaming chicken on the hood.

This is not the actual picture of my old love, since I lost my original pics due to divorces and pissed off women who decided to destroy my love objects.

Exwives are the worse thing that can happen to a man. Couldn't they all get breast cancer?
Major betiko

Postby 2dimes on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:14 pm

You should be able to get a pretty decent driver for under 10,000. Probably not silver.

I like them a couple of years older. There is a '70 for sale in my province I'm considering. It is not my first choice but the price is right, it's a manual and it's fairly nice. Has the formula style hood instead of the shaker. I probably won't do it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
KoolBak wrote:Agreed. I hate over lowered cars. I don't believe thats the case here tho...believe the air/ leaf system simply allows it to sit like that when not aired up. Indont believe they actually lower big rigs like stupid kids do to cars...where they replace suspension (coilovers for example) completely with bags. You just cant do that on a conventional..I assume.

I'm not really an expert. I know the trucks I work with well enough, but other people's trucks I just have a passing acquaintance with.

It's hard to be 100% certain... could be the truck, could be the camera angle, could be the grass is long.... but I think the truck has been lowered. I suspect its a show truck that doesn't actually work for a living.

Here's the truck in you pic:

And here's a very similar Pete that has worked for a living:

Even at rest, and presumably aired down, the working Pete has about 9 or 10 inches clearance between the bumper and the road, and about a foot between the bottom step and the road. The truck in the first pic looks like the bumper is only 4 inches off the grass and the step looks like it's almost touching.

Again, could be the camera angle, could be the grass, but my suspicion is the 1st truck is strictly for show.

The yellow one tries way too much. That orange one is just perfect. Love it.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:20 pm

2dimes wrote:You should be able to get a pretty decent driver for under 10,000. Probably not silver.

I like them a couple of years older. There is a '70 for sale in my province I'm considering. It is not my first choice but the price is right, it's a manual and it's fairly nice. Has the formula style hood instead of the shaker. I probably won't do it.

The ones with more modern front lights but same body? Yeah they look better.

Still prefer a 68 camaro by far though. I m not too interested in american muscle cars anymore though. Really loving old italian cars from that era.
Major betiko

Postby KoolBak on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Duk...that truck at the very least hauls that refer trailer which isnt light. Youre also comparing trucks 20 years apart as far as age. The space in the front wheel well is the same. Tires are slightly lower profile....hmmmmm

According to a trucker mechanic buddy, you dont lower big rigs like cars although there are slight mods you can do. Otherwise its a full on custom which this is not. Doing more research as now im curious.

As far as camaros....the 70 split bumper is my all time fave. Is that what you have a line on dimey? Cause those are worth a ton......nice ones run $20 to $60 grand and more....

Speaking of full on custom.....fucking so cool.....

AND:

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:37 pm

KoolBak wrote:Duk...that truck at the very least hauls that refer trailer which isnt light.

I'm not sure that the trailer isn't also just-for-show.

There's a video here from a truck show. It's not the best. The camera jumps around like a rabbit on crack, so you have to be pretty aggressive on the pause button.

You will see, however, that there are Petes of normal height and other similar Petes that are not.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:28 am

I don t know how something meant only to be "nice" and for the show can be considered desirable... cars, bikes, trucks.... all these guys making builts just to show off and being too scared to drive the thing they ve invested all their money in... and that potentially has lost most of its value if you try to resell it...

In that show, none of the beats your orange pete... or maybe the red one at 1:10. It reminds me of the truck in the MASK cartoon.
Damn, those were my favorite toys and i loved that truck so much...

Not sure any of you here is from a generation that had MASK toys... TG maybe?
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:51 am

I used to collect those toys out of cereal packets. That was around the same time as Tazos and Pogs were a big thing.

I haven't regularly driven a car since I was in school and lived in the countryside. Nowadays I'd only be bothered about getting a car if I could get a self-driving one (and could therefore sit in the back playing on my phone rather than looking at the road). Are there any cool self-driving cars in this thread?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby KoolBak on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 am

Interesting Duk......

So here's MY baby. Have been building it for about 11 years now. Fairly high performance 502 motor, 3" full dual exhaust with flowmaster 40's and hooker headers (LOUD...lol), spicer locker, updated running gear, tweaked interior....painted it in my driveway....I love my truck. And being self employed, I only put about 2,500 miles a year on it....makes up for the 7 mpg :lol:

AND:

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:14 am

cool stuff...:)
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 am

more modern front lights
split bumpers

What?

Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:51 am

KoolBak wrote:Interesting Duk......

So here's MY baby. Have been building it for about 11 years now. Fairly high performance 502 motor, 3" full dual exhaust with flowmaster 40's and hooker headers (LOUD...lol), spicer locker, updated running gear, tweaked interior....painted it in my driveway....I love my truck. And being self employed, I only put about 2,500 miles a year on it....makes up for the 7 mpg :lol:

yeah but, it's a gas job... :lol:
why would u pull the diesel out, KB? was it toast? i think i remember hearing that some retard over @ GM thought it would be a good idea to use "regular"(which are much thinner) engine blocks for their diesel engines. whups... :(
Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,