Conquer Club

Trump's war on internet

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Trump's war on internet

Postby waauw on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Farewell, soon CC won't load for you anymore, unless you pay extra!

The US government is going to end net neutrality, a fundamental principle of how the internet works.

Net neutrality is the idea that all internet traffic is treated the same. But the new ruling will allow internet service providers to block or slow access to specific websites, and allow them to charge for those limits to be lifted.

As such, it violates a principle that has been in place ever since the internet began: that no particular website or service can receive special treatment from the companies that power the web. Instead, service providers will be allowed to charge websites to load quicker, for instance, or force their users to pay extra if they want to access certain pages.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/trump-net-neutrality-repeal-internet-rules-fcc-free-latest-news-ajit-pai-a8067811.html
Lieutenant waauw

Re: Trump's war on internet

Postby mrswdk on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm

I don’t understand why other regions don’t jus let construct their own internet networks. The EU and China are already developing their own versions of GPS so that they don’t need to use the American government-controlled one. Why not the internet too?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:25 pm

mrswdk wrote:I don’t understand why other regions don’t jus let construct their own internet networks. The EU and China are already developing their own versions of GPS so that they don’t need to use the American government-controlled one. Why not the internet too?

Freedom of information and freedom of the press. Both could be argued to be under threat by seperating internet networks.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mrswdk on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:23 pm

waauw wrote:
mrswdk wrote:I don’t understand why other regions don’t jus let construct their own internet networks. The EU and China are already developing their own versions of GPS so that they don’t need to use the American government-controlled one. Why not the internet too?

Freedom of information and freedom of the press. Both could be argued to be under threat by seperating internet networks.

lolwat
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Good, maybe I'll get offline and move to Puerto Rico.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:50 pm

░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Pre-Mellencamp Cameo:
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,