Conquer Club

Happy 130th Birthday Erich von Manstein!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Happy 130th Birthday Erich von Manstein!

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 am

--------HAPPY 130th BIRTHDAY ERICH von MANSTEIN :!: =D> =D> ...Master strategist...most known for "MOBILE DEFENSE"...HEAD OF NATO ,TO HELP WITH MILITARY TACTICS TO FIGHT THE WARSAW PACT... 8-) :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Sergeant 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: Happy 130th Birthday Erich von Manstein!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:42 am

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you post this.

Confederate is a neo Nazi. Hooray.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Hey Duk- you thought he wasn't about celebrating Nazis. This is who he is.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Symmetry wrote:Hey Duk- you thought he wasn't about celebrating Nazis. This is who he is.

I'm glad we had this conversation last time. You certainly opened my eyes to the fact that Manstein was a rabid Nazi who willingly committed war crimes and asked permission to commit even more.

That being said, it's not the kind of thing most people know about. To most students of history, Manstein was just the genius who developed Case Yellow and later Operation Storfang. I know when I was a kid and devouring every book I could find about WWII, there was never any mention of Manstein's politics. Every single author I read was glowing in his admiration for the genius of Case Yellow and how it paved the way for France's early exit from the war.

Most German generals vaguely disapproved of the Nazis, while feeling obligated to carry out their duty and serve the lawfully-established government. A soldier is supposed to ignore politics or at least keep his opinions under his hat. If anyone had asked me, I would have assumed that Manstein was in this category also. The links you PMd me last time really opened my eyes to the fact that wasn't the case. Still, at the risk of repeating myself, it's not widely known.

Perhaps instead of making it personal and obsessing about one of our members, you'd be better served by providing people with solid information on this subject.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Hey Duk- you thought he wasn't about celebrating Nazis. This is who he is.

I'm glad we had this conversation last time. You certainly opened my eyes to the fact that Manstein was a rabid Nazi who willingly committed war crimes and asked permission to commit even more.

That being said, it's not the kind of thing most people know about. To most students of history, Manstein was just the genius who developed Case Yellow and later Operation Storfang. I know when I was a kid and devouring every book I could find about WWII, there was never any mention of Manstein's politics. Every single author I read was glowing in his admiration for the genius of Case Yellow and how it paved the way for France's early exit from the war.

Most German generals vaguely disapproved of the Nazis, while feeling obligated to carry out their duty and serve the lawfully-established government. A soldier is supposed to ignore politics or at least keep his opinions under his hat. If anyone had asked me, I would have assumed that Manstein was in this category also. The links you PMd me last time really opened my eyes to the fact that wasn't the case. Still, at the risk of repeating myself, it's not widely known.

Perhaps instead of making it personal and obsessing about one of our members, you'd be better served by providing people with solid information on this subject.

I don't disapprove of the Nazi guy, I think he's evil. You know that Manstein was a prominent Nazi. We've had this discussion many times. I really don't know how to change your mind.

The Nazis are evil.

We've ta;ked aoiut his hatred of Jewish people.

He's posted his admiration of the KKK and Nazi war criminals.

What does it take for you to acknowledge that he's a Nazi?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

This is a person whose username contains "SS" and who went out of his way to celebrate Manstein's birthday. Do you think he's under any illusions about who he is talking about?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 pm

There here to kill you!

Duk, Nazism is far worse than the nudity that you are so opposed.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:29 pm

*They're here to kill you.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:39 pm

------And Rommel,Lee,Jackson,Napoleon,Caesar...etc...Don't Worry I haven't forgotten Manstein's opposite number....Gen.Zhukov's birthday on Dec. 1st....Deal with it...Who do you want on the battlefield...Obama?.....Or a bad ass S.O.B. like PATTON?....He's horrible,he slap a loser and told him to get up...
------Now,Manstein hated Hitler...Hitler hated the Prussians of which Manstein was...In fact the 2 of them argued many times,until Hitler got rid of Manstein,as it turns out,another Prussian would try and kill Hitler,Count von Steffenburg... Manstein was fighting for Prussia/Germany his homeland...Manstein had no say who was in charge at the time...In war you want the meanest s.o.b. you can find,not a cupcake...You know ,it is going to come down to killing on the battlefield...
------Now Manstein was tried for War crimes,many of his enemies came out to defend him at Nuremberg...Churchill,Zhukov,Eisenhower...Some top big wigs...Are those who spit on Manstein,equal to such men,enemies who would come to his defense,I think not...WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO PASS JUDGEMENT,A TOP GENERAL,A TOP PRESIDENT?NO!!!!!!...
------Manstein served his time in prison...WAS RELEASED,TO GO AND LEAD NATO...SOUNDS LIKE ONCE AGAIN TOP PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WENT TO THE MAN ,MANSTEIN ,FORGAVE THE FACT OF WHAT SIDE HE FOUGHT ON IN WORLD WAR 2...Because they knew what kind of Military man he was...Not a political one.....If this was America,he would commit a crime,get deported 10 times,only to keep committing crimes,let go ,so on and so on...Hurry for liberals... :roll:
------You see Manstein served his time and went on to lead the world in a acceptable capacity for society,MANKIND...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? :roll:
...YOU CAN LEARN FROM YOUR ENEMIES,OR YOU CAN BE A BLIND SPITEFUL HARDASS,WHO THINKS,THEY KNOW EVERYTHING,EVERYONE HAS TO BOW DOWN TO THEIR BELIEFS...SHUT THE HELL UP!...If Great
men such as Churchill,Zhukov,Esienhower can respect and admire Gen.Manstein...SO CAN I...
... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Sergeant 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Bernie Sanders on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:01 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:------And Rommel,Lee,Jackson,Napoleon,Caesar...etc...Don't Worry I haven't forgotten Manstein's opposite number....Gen.Zhukov's birthday on Dec. 1st....Deal with it...Who do you want on the battlefield...Obama?.....Or a bad ass S.O.B. like PATTON?....He's horrible,he slap a loser and told him to get up...
------Now,Manstein hated Hitler...Hitler hated the Prussians of which Manstein was...In fact the 2 of them argued many times,until Hitler got rid of Manstein,as it turns out,another Prussian would try and kill Hitler,Count von Steffenburg... Manstein was fighting for Prussia/Germany his homeland...Manstein had no say who was in charge at the time...In war you want the meanest s.o.b. you can find,not a cupcake...You know ,it is going to come down to killing on the battlefield...
------Now Manstein was tried for War crimes,many of his enemies came out to defend him at Nuremberg...Churchill,Zhukov,Eisenhower...Some top big wigs...Are those who spit on Manstein,equal to such men,enemies who would come to his defense,I think not...WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO PASS JUDGEMENT,A TOP GENERAL,A TOP PRESIDENT?NO!!!!!!...
------Manstein served his time in prison...WAS RELEASED,TO GO AND LEAD NATO...SOUNDS LIKE ONCE AGAIN TOP PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WENT TO THE MAN ,MANSTEIN ,FORGAVE THE FACT OF WHAT SIDE HE FOUGHT ON IN WORLD WAR 2...Because they knew what kind of Military man he was...Not a political one.....If this was America,he would commit a crime,get deported 10 times,only to keep committing crimes,let go ,so on and so on...Hurry for liberals... :roll:
------You see Manstein served his time and went on to lead the world in a acceptable capacity for society,MANKIND...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? :roll:
...YOU CAN LEARN FROM YOUR ENEMIES,OR YOU CAN BE A BLIND SPITEFUL HARDASS,WHO THINKS,THEY KNOW EVERYTHING,EVERYONE HAS TO BOW DOWN TO THEIR BELIEFS...SHUT THE HELL UP!...If Great
men such as Churchill,Zhukov,Esienhower can respect and admire Gen.Manstein...SO CAN I...

Commander in Chief Obama killed more Muslim terrorist than Bush Jr

Oh....did I mentioned Osama bin Laden?
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Notzi.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:38 am

ConfederateSS wrote:------And Rommel,Lee,Jackson,Napoleon,Caesar...etc...Don't Worry I haven't forgotten Manstein's opposite number....Gen.Zhukov's birthday on Dec. 1st....Deal with it...Who do you want on the battlefield...Obama?.....Or a bad ass S.O.B. like PATTON?....He's horrible,he slap a loser and told him to get up...

If you wiped the drool off your chin before posting, you might not short your keyboard out. Try that post again in English.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby 2dimes on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:42 am

Is it really happy? Was there a cake?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Let's be really clear about this- Manstein was a Nazi and he was a leading Nazi. He was one of the monsters who directed the Holocaust.

He deceived a lot of people after the war into thinking that he was just a guy doing his duty. That's a lie that's been disproved so many times.

I can see why CC's own Nazi guy likes him. He got away with it, and even convinced leaders to like him.

Certainly a figure to emulate for ConfederateSS.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

This is a person whose username contains "SS" and who went out of his way to celebrate Manstein's birthday. Do you think he's under any illusions about who he is talking about?

To be fair, Duk was surprised when I told him that SS didn't stand for "Southern States", and that White Supremacists like the Confederacy and the Nazis.

I think he might be on a journey with this.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waauw on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Rommel would've been a better figure to emulate.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 pm

waauw wrote:Rommel would've been a better figure to emulate.

I'd have gone with Oskar Schindler- only Nazi buried in Israel, if emulating Nazis is something I'd base my online account around, obviously.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Symmetry wrote:Let's be really clear about this- Manstein was a Nazi and he was a leading Nazi. He was one of the monsters who directed the Holocaust.

He deceived a lot of people after the war into thinking that he was just a guy doing his duty. That's a lie that's been disproved so many times.

Sure, but is that any reason to ruin the guys birthday?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:33 pm

2dimes wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Let's be really clear about this- Manstein was a Nazi and he was a leading Nazi. He was one of the monsters who directed the Holocaust.

Sure, but is that any reason to ruin the guys birthday?

Off hand, genocide seems like a pretty good one.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Well then you're worse than Hitler.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:49 am

Sure, I'd rather have Patton over Obama because one is a general, a renowned one at that, and the other is a president, but that isn't the topic, now is it?

ConfederateSS wrote:------Now,Manstein hated Hitler...Hitler hated the Prussians of which Manstein was...In fact the 2 of them argued many times,until Hitler got rid of Manstein,as it turns out,another Prussian would try and kill Hitler,Count von Steffenburg... Manstein was fighting for Prussia/Germany his homeland...Manstein had no say who was in charge at the time...In war you want the meanest s.o.b. you can find,not a cupcake...You know ,it is going to come down to killing on the battlefield...

That's just a half truth. Manstein argued over Hitler about tactics, because when you have someone with no tactical experience dictating a general on how to do his job, it leads to disaster. Manstein was let go because of that, not because he argued over everything. In fact, Manstein had 0 issues with the holocaust and murdering the Jewish people. He went so far as to request their (Jews) watches from them after they were done being executed just so his men can "earn" them. Sounds like a swell guy, right? You can be a great leader, but a shitty human being. Kind of like...Oh, I don't know...Attila the Hun?

ConfederateSS wrote:------Now Manstein was tried for War crimes,many of his enemies came out to defend him at Nuremberg...Churchill,Zhukov,Eisenhower...Some top big wigs...Are those who spit on Manstein,equal to such men,enemies who would come to his defense,I think not...WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO PASS JUDGEMENT,A TOP GENERAL,A TOP PRESIDENT?NO!!!!!!...

He was tried, and found guilty, but hardly served time for it. There's undeniable proof that he played a major role in those war crimes, and the fact that the west at that time just said "Meh" is a slap in the face to everyone that fought in the war.

So let me get this straight, according to your infallible logic. If you're an amazing general and tactician, you are above the moral high ground, and cannot be judged by anyone unless they are of equal or better standing, right? Let's say Manstein traveled to the future, and murdered your mother right in front of you. What then? You can't judge him, he's too awesome for you. Twit.

ConfederateSS wrote:------Manstein served his time in prison...WAS RELEASED,TO GO AND LEAD NATO...SOUNDS LIKE ONCE AGAIN TOP PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WENT TO THE MAN ,MANSTEIN ,FORGAVE THE FACT OF WHAT SIDE HE FOUGHT ON IN WORLD WAR 2...Because they knew what kind of Military man he was...Not a political one.....If this was America,he would commit a crime,get deported 10 times,only to keep committing crimes,let go ,so on and so on...Hurry for liberals... :roll:

He didn't lead NATO. If he was alive today, he'd probably have a kill mark hanging over him, kind of like any other major political figure or war figure such as Osama or Sadam in recent memory. Blaming liberals for lack thereof is retarded. Shutup.

ConfederateSS wrote:------You see Manstein served his time and went on to lead the world in a acceptable capacity for society,MANKIND...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? :roll: ...YOU CAN LEARN FROM YOUR ENEMIES,OR YOU CAN BE A BLIND SPITEFUL HARDASS,WHO THINKS,THEY KNOW EVERYTHING,EVERYONE HAS TO BOW DOWN TO THEIR BELIEFS...SHUT THE HELL UP!...If Great

What have I done? Well, I didn't mass murder innocent people for starters. Somehow, I really doubt those "great" people back then saw and admired him, but saw a tool to be used and exploited. Again, the ethical question of letting him off with an easy pass is baffling to me, but you can go right on ahead and keep supporting a known Nazi figurehead. What have you done exactly, Confederate?

Times like these, I wish I owned this site, or at least had a moderate say of what goes on in the forums, because I would have sent your ass packing a long time ago.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:42 am

I can't tell if ConfederateSS can't write a coherent post or if I had a stroke
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby waauw on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am

Army of GOD wrote:I can't tell if ConfederateSS can't write a coherent post or if I had a stroke

ConfederateSS had a stroke.
Lieutenant waauw

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,