Conquer Club

Alabama (Now a thread about names)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Alabama (Now a thread about names)

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Roy Less

Last edited by Symmetry on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Alabama

Postby 2dimes on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:35 pm

I was watching Pit Masters on Netflix they said 'bama is a good place for 'Q.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Weird as it is that Trumpists have been silent about their defeat, this was mostly a thread to post that song, to be honest.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Symmetry wrote:Weird as it is that Trumpists have been silent about their defeat, this was mostly a thread to post that song, to be honest.

There's obviously some mistake. We've been assured that Royboy would win, by the powers of GreyskullBannon.

Subject: Jerusalem

saxitoxin wrote:
LMAO, in the last four months Bannon has deep-sixed two sitting U.S. Senators (Flake and Corker) and is about to get a certified pedo elected to the Senate from Alabama. Not sure how you can get much more powerful than that.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby riskllama on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 pm

in Bannon's defense, he was apparently "speechless" after the loss... :lol: - good on ya, alabama... =D>
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Everything Trump touches turns to iron pyrites.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby notyou2 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 pm

A vote against Roy, is a vote against the Donald.
Captain notyou2

Postby Symmetry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 pm

notyou2 wrote:A vote against Roy, is a vote against the Donald.

Weirdly, I disagree- I even thought that abortion was the big decider. Turns out that the past of Doug Jones was the biggest thing that turned people for and against him.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby karel on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 pm

voter fruad so bad,people from out of state and voted,illegal....so the dem really did not win,i hope they have to revote again,but the libs will cry like little bitches they are,ill just grab my popcorn and sit back and watch
Corporal karel

Postby Bernie Sanders on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:58 pm

karel wrote:voter fruad so bad,people from out of state and voted,illegal....so the dem really did not win,i hope they have to revote again,but the libs will cry like little bitches they are,ill just grab my popcorn and sit back and watch

Would you like for me to butter your popcorn for you?
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm

karel wrote:voter fruad so bad,people from out of state and voted,illegal....so the dem really did not win,i hope they have to revote again,but the libs will cry like little bitches they are,ill just grab my popcorn and sit back and watch

Source? Is that just what your "wife+daughter all in one ugly package" told you?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm

You forgot sister.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:33 am

jonesthecurl wrote:You forgot sister.

And cousin.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Weird as it is that Trumpists have been silent about their defeat, this was mostly a thread to post that song, to be honest.

There's obviously some mistake. We've been assured that Royboy would win, by the powers of GreyskullBannon.

Subject: Jerusalem

saxitoxin wrote:
LMAO, in the last four months Bannon has deep-sixed two sitting U.S. Senators (Flake and Corker) and is about to get a certified pedo elected to the Senate from Alabama. Not sure how you can get much more powerful than that.

I'd have gone with Gannon, the bad guy from Zelda, personally. Sometimes bad guys just have bad-guy sounding names. Apologies to Tim Kaine, although I guess "Tim" is still pretty nice.

Gannon screwing over guys called Flake and Corker just seems like an inevitability.

This is now a thread about great names:

1) Clearly it's Wolf Blitzer.

Numbers 2-100 are up for discussion.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Crispin Tickle.

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:24 pm

My nominees-

Edward Woodward (three times fast)
Edogawa Ranpo (pseudonym, but a clever one)
Yefgelny Kafelnikov (tennis player- possibly Bond villain? Fun to say)
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby notyou2 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Weirdly, I disagree- I even thought that abortion was the big decider. Turns out that the past of Doug Jones was the biggest thing that turned people for and against him.

You have a right to disagree.

Read what Trump said in the robo calls.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/09/politics/donald-trump-republican-roy-moore-robocall-alabama/index.html
Captain notyou2

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:58 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/09/politics/donald-trump-republican-roy-moore-robocall-alabama/index.html

Yeah- I don't think that the Donald helped.
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Alabama (Now a thread about names)

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 pm

Yoshi deDoom
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby notyou2 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 am

Symmetry wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Yeah- I don't think that the Donald helped.

Is it that difficult to admit that you were wrong and I was right?
Captain notyou2

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm

I've always thought that the name of the author Bruce Sterling was actually a superhero secret identity. Or should be.

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:30 pm

There are two big reasons that caused Roy Moore to not win.

1. Biggest reason - Richard Shelby, the other Republican senator, openly said he would not vote for him.

2. Allegations of sexual assault, several of which were recounted by the people accusing him of misconduct. Just recently, the accusation alone is enough to degrade someone's career.

Granted, Roy Moore or Doug Jones were both terrible candidates, so the choice for people wasn't the best.

Side Note: Some of Doug Jones's political ads didn't make sense.

1. There was an ad that ran on Youtube (and maybe elsewhere) that, and I quote, "Your vote is public record and your community will know whether or not you helped stop Roy Moore."

2. There was an ad in which Doug Jones said, "Roy Moore has resulted to calling me names." And then proceeds to say that Roy Moore was "prancing around on a stage in a cowboy suit."

These seem like very bizarre ads. The first ad is simply untrue. Your vote is not public record. And the second ad, Jones did the very thing he accused Moore of.

Hopefully he can do a good job for the senate. If he is anything like he was in these ads and other ads I didn't mention, we are in for a rough time.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby notyou2 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Saying someone is "prancing" is not necessarily calling them names. It definitely elicits an unflattering mental picture. Not sure what name, if any, Moore called Jones. However, US political advertisements are downright nasty. In Canada, we don't vote for the one that makes the nasty ad about his opponent, apparently in the states you do.

Regarding the "public record" of the vote, I assume Jones meant the results in general, not individuals actual votes. It would look pretty bad for Alabama to elect a pedophile, if in fact he is convicted of it. Or, if not, it certainly is creepy what he wrote in those high school girls yearbooks when he was in his 30's. Jones was probably trying to say something along those lines. Usually lawyers are eloquent speakers and writers.
Captain notyou2

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:53 pm

notyou2 wrote:Saying someone is "prancing" is not necessarily calling them names. It definitely elicits an unflattering mental picture. Not sure what name, if any, Moore called Jones. However, US political advertisements are downright nasty. In Canada, we don't vote for the one that makes the nasty ad about his opponent, apparently in the states you do.

Regarding the "public record" of the vote, I assume Jones meant the results in general, not individuals actual votes. It would look pretty bad for Alabama to elect a pedophile, if in fact he is convicted of it. Or, if not, it certainly is creepy what he wrote in those high school girls yearbooks when he was in his 30's. Jones was probably trying to say something along those lines. Usually lawyers are eloquent speakers and writers.

There were many other times Jones made fun of Moore by calling him names. That was just an example.

And I'm not sure what "public record" would generally mean... Do you mean that everyone would know which area of the state voted for a particular candidate? Seems like the original ad is a kind of a very far out there statement, considering that 40% of registered voters in the state voted. I'm not sure how you would generally associate a person with voting for a particular candidate, especially since elections are secret ballot. The ad that I previously mentioned (the one that was on Youtube) was taken down, but the dialogue can still be found.

As far as Moore, while I don't like him as a candidate, several of the sexual misconduct accusations have turned out to be either false or recanted. He currently has not been found guilty in any of the accusations.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,