Conquer Club

Just because I married a Spanish girl....

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Just because I married a Spanish girl....

Postby HitRed on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 pm

...doesn't mean I drink Tequila.
Captain HitRed

Re: Just because I married a Spanish girl....

Postby waauw on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Isn't tequila mexican?
Lieutenant waauw

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:54 am

LOng ago I drank a boatload of tequila in Portugal. They don't (or didn't) call their own brand "Tequila". Like any other spirit it was "aguardente". (spelling may be wrong, it was long ago and I wa drunk at the time). They differentiate by what you make the spirit from. At that time I could have told you the Portugese names.. but they meant "Sugar Cane Firewater (rum), "Cactus firewater" (tequila) and so forth.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:56 pm

can you dance?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby catstevens on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:35 pm

HitRed wrote:...doesn't mean I drink Tequila.

Get ready for a yuge Agave shortage, says my sources in Mexico.
“May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.”
Lieutenant catstevens

Postby Keefie on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 am

The Spanish prefer Gin.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HitRed on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:59 pm

I ask my wife and some close friends to clear this up. They all live in Texas. They are open to being called: Spanish, Latino, Latin, Hispanic, Tejano. None liked Mexican unless they were born in Mexico. Clearly my friends are not Spanish by Nationality yet will prefer "Spanish" over all other choices. American of Spanish descent was common.

HitRed
Captain HitRed

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 am

HitRed wrote:I ask my wife and some close friends to clear this up. They all live in Texas. They are open to being called: Spanish, Latino, Latin, Hispanic, Tejano. None liked Mexican unless they were born in Mexico. Clearly my friends are not Spanish by Nationality yet will prefer "Spanish" over all other choices. American of Spanish descent was common.

HitRed

You must include Indian bloodlines when referring to people of Mexican descent. Spanish descent is only part of the equation.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby tzor on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 am

HitRed wrote:...doesn't mean I drink Tequila.

Tequila is Mexican. On the other hand, there is a lot of appreciate about the nectar. "Tequila contains agavina, a sugar that comes from the leaf and triggers insulin production in the blood stream. Agavins also lower triglycerides and, in effect, cholesterol."

For Spain, consider Anís, a Spanish liquor made from the seeds of the plant of the aniseed tree, also known as la Pimpinella anisum. Those of you who study Spanish might know that this tree is called 'anís' in Spanish. However, this strong Spanish spirit is also made with other ingredients such as fennel and illicium, as well as other types of fruits and seeds which contain anethole.

Or just a nice glass of sherry.
Cadet tzor

Postby betiko on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 pm

HitRed wrote:I ask my wife and some close friends to clear this up. They all live in Texas. They are open to being called: Spanish, Latino, Latin, Hispanic, Tejano. None liked Mexican unless they were born in Mexico. Clearly my friends are not Spanish by Nationality yet will prefer "Spanish" over all other choices. American of Spanish descent was common.

HitRed

That's plain stupid. Does your wife refers to you as a british? Well it's even more stupid to call her spanish because she's probably less spanish that you are british as it was wayyyy longer ago... unless she's truely like 2nd-3rd generation spanish which I doubt.

And yes... here in spain the number 1 alcohol is gin, then probably rhum, then whisky. Spanish people don't drink tequila.
Refering to them as latin is also plain stupid... but hey, you come from a country that calls white people caucasian after all, so I guess it's pretty hopeless.

What your wife does, and all her friends, is to be ashamed of their heritage. They don't want to be associated to mexicans even if that's what they are... mexicans that crossed the rio grande at some point. They probably think it sounds better if they talk about a very small % of their bloodline that happened several centuries ago when the usa wasn't even a thing.

The way conquistadores colonised south america is very different from what portuguese did. Brazilians are much more portuguese in their dna that other south americans are spanish. Even if it s a case by case thing and I m a bit generalizing... but mexicans, spanish? Lol.
Major betiko

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,